Small Questions Thread & "Living FAQ"

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="vbase" data-cite="vbase" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Does removing game areas only remove the associated companies only or do workers also get removed? Or if anyone has knowledge, when you remove certain game areas at the start of the game, what exactly gets removed?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Companies and workers based in that game area are removed.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Azul" data-cite="Azul" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Does the importance rating for events do anything? I understand that gets higher if you put on good shows but does it increase the shows rating or actually do anything?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> IIRC it raises attendance levels.I.E:Roadblock won't outdraw Wrestlemania.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Liger!Liger!" data-cite="Liger!Liger!" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>IIRC it raises attendance levels.I.E:Roadblock won't outdraw Wrestlemania.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yup. Raises attendance levels, ppv buys, and television ratings for that event.</p>

<p>Does anyone have any idea why I might have one worker in development who I can't call up to work shows? He's on the same type of contract as everyone else, and I've just noticed after months he's not showing up when I go to borrow from development.</p><p> </p><p>

He's still working shows for my child company, no injuries etc. I tried recalling him and sending him back down, still doesn't show up.</p>

<p>Does moving a title between wrestlers from the Titles menu have any negative effect on either the title's prestige or ratings of future title matches or anything?</p><p> </p><p>

Or, is there an angle that allows titles to be transferred?</p><p> </p><p>

For instance, if I want to have a match where the challenger wins on PPV, but an authority figure throws out the match the next day and returns the belt to the champ.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Koholos" data-cite="Koholos" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> For instance, if I want to have a match where the challenger wins on PPV, but an authority figure throws out the match the next day and returns the belt to the champ.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Regarding this, the way to do that isn't in the title menu. You really should imo add the title change into the angle itself. That's exactly the situation that the feature exists for.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="d12345" data-cite="d12345" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>It goes by importance in the company rankings page.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Based on my current situation, I'm positive this goes by Influence and not Importance. I'm currently number 2 in Importance and have more prestige and momentum than the number 3 team. Influence seems to be the only thing they're higher in and the mutual PPA guys all work for them.</p>

what is gimmick twicking and how it works?

Occasionally you'll get a match note that "X wrestler has a gimmick that is becoming stale". They're gimmick rating will drop steadily over time (I don't know how long it takes). Tweaking the gimmick stops this process, and I believe even allows good performers to start improving at playing their gimmick again/further.

In general, when I get that match note I look at their current gimmick rating and momentum and if I'm not ready to give them a new gimmick (Most likely because they have a Good or better rating) just yet, then I use the tweak function.

Based on my current situation, I'm positive this goes by Influence and not Importance. I'm currently number 2 in Importance and have more prestige and momentum than the number 3 team. Influence seems to be the only thing they're higher in and the mutual PPA guys all work for them.

I think it's entirely based on company prestige actually, not even just influence (which I believe includes size as well)

What does the auto-push function take into account? I have a worker, won't name names since is about my dynasty, who has major popularity, major positive momentum, has beat multiple main eventers, but whenever I use the auto-push function just will not rise above Upper Midcard level.

Is there an invisible ceiling this worker might have hit? Or is there some other part that plays a role when the auto-push function decides where a worker belong?

What does the auto-push function take into account? I have a worker, won't name names since is about my dynasty, who has major popularity, major positive momentum, has beat multiple main eventers, but whenever I use the auto-push function just will not rise above Upper Midcard level.

Is there an invisible ceiling this worker might have hit? Or is there some other part that plays a role when the auto-push function decides where a worker belong?

His worker style (technician, entertainer etc.) probably doesn't fit well with your product.

What is his and the Main Eventer's Charisma and Star Quality at?I believe this also plays a role.

I am trying to figure out how to use the editor to edit a promotion and have the changes take effect during a game I've already started. Anytime I go to the editor and change things, it only effects new games, not current game saves, but I'm sure I've read on here that it is possible to edit things in a saved game. Help!

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="sportsfanmas" data-cite="sportsfanmas" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I am trying to figure out how to use the editor to edit a promotion and have the changes take effect during a game I've already started. Anytime I go to the editor and change things, it only effects new games, not current game saves, but I'm sure I've read on here that it is possible to edit things in a saved game. Help!</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> When you have your current game loaded, go into the settings menu (where you set things like auto-advance.). On the lower left are a few menu buttons. One of them is the editor. (I believe it's the second one down.)</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Teh_Showtime" data-cite="Teh_Showtime" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I think it's entirely based on company prestige actually, not even just influence (which I believe includes size as well)</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> And by whether they like you. At one point I managed to get a guy angry at me, and after that he stopped showing up on nights when he was double scheduled. I think it actually tells you in their mood menu why you're not their priority.</p><p> </p><p> I also have a question. I'm interested in trying a new promotion for a bit. I'm considering either USPW or BHOTWG, but I don't really have a feel for what they'd play like. Could someone who knows them better give me a rough idea of what a show would look like and how a basic storyline might play out?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Koholos" data-cite="Koholos" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> I also have a question. I'm interested in trying a new promotion for a bit. I'm considering either USPW or BHOTWG, but I don't really have a feel for what they'd play like. Could someone who knows them better give me a rough idea of what a show would look like and how a basic storyline might play out?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> USPW is good old wrestling. I always imagine them as being early to mid 90s WCW but with a late 90s WCW budget. Kind of cheesy. Kind of corny. All the time decline workers who are over and have SQ get the big pushes.</p><p> </p><p> When I do BHOTWG I book them like New Japan. Meaning usually 2 minute post-show press conferences for all of the top workers who competed on a show. I set up their feuds like most Japanese feds do. Post-Match a challenger comes out and tells the winner of the previous match "I want to face you at the next big event." </p><p> </p><p> Then on tv shows I book tons of 3v3 and 4v4 matches to get guys on the show. I always make 3 or 4 stables to use in these matches. A homegrown good guy stable, a stable of jerks, a stable of gaijins, and a stable of vets.</p><p> </p><p> Then I let the Junior Heavyweight belt main event a few of my non legendary events a year.</p>

What is a better way to develop young talent, in terms of stats, having them in a developmental deal and having great trainers train them down there, or having them on the main roster and giving them matches with other young wrestlers and other random wrestlers on the pre-show/post-show and maybe sometimes with upper midcarders or maineventers (have the young wrestlers lose of course)?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="piccamo" data-cite="piccamo" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>How do I assign a worker to a division? I see that I can filter by division in my roster screen, but even when I have tag teams, no one shows up in the tag team division filter or cruiserweights for the cruiserweight filter.</div></blockquote><p> Go to your roster and find the wrestler whose division you want to modify. On his profile, you'll see his 'Push' (Opener, Lower Midcarder, Midcarder etc) in orange, click that and you'll see Current Division. Change that, save it, and you're good to go.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="vbase" data-cite="vbase" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Go to your roster and find the wrestler whose division you want to modify. On his profile, you'll see his 'Push' (Opener, Lower Midcarder, Midcarder etc) in orange, click that and you'll see Current Division. Change that, save it, and you're good to go.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thanks. I autopush so much that I didn't realize that existed.</p>

<p>Broadcaster Negotiation</p><p> </p><p>

I have broadcasters that wont negotiate with me even though I meet all the requirements. It will say pass for every requirement till I get to Popularity where it says I fail, but for example, a station requires C in 4 regions of Canada, when I am C in all the regions, but it still says I fail.</p><p> </p><p>

I cant seem to find an answer to this anywhere?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="HughBristic" data-cite="HughBristic" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I have broadcasters that wont negotiate with me even though I meet all the requirements. It will say pass for every requirement till I get to Popularity where it says I fail, but for example, a station requires C in 4 regions of Canada, when I am C in all the regions, but it still says I fail.<p> </p><p> I cant seem to find an answer to this anywhere?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Have you checked what production values the broadcaster requires, and are you meeting them? That may be the problem if you're meeting all the popularity requirements.</p>

I have broadcasters that wont negotiate with me even though I meet all the requirements. It will say pass for every requirement till I get to Popularity where it says I fail, but for example, a station requires C in 4 regions of Canada, when I am C in all the regions, but it still says I fail.

I cant seem to find an answer to this anywhere?

Go to the editor and see the exact number of popularity the broadcaster requires and the exact number of popularity you have,or uncheck "show stats as grades rather than numbers" in the user's preferences.A grade can range from a certain number to another.