Small Questions Thread & "Living FAQ"

What exactly is the "lower popularity mechanic" referred to in the 1.48 patch notes?

Given the context, I'm guessing it's either a modifier for popularity gains from appearing in segments with more over workers, or the mechanic that quickly bumps an unpopular worker up to a minimum usable level for your promotion's size. I could be way off base though.

Edit: Nevermind. I saw a thread about this in the suggestions section - it's the latter of the two.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Bigpapa42" data-cite="Bigpapa42" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Neutral chemistry is fine. It just means they aren't getting a bonus. Once they have built up some experience, that will eventually provide a match bonus. But its MASSIVE. Its not going to be the difference between them getting D grades and B grades. It might tip them into the next grade but don't expect massive differences.<p> </p><p> Their skills and their popularity will play a bigger role in them getting better match grades. There are also a whole host of potential bonuses and penalties (Star Quality, Charisma, motivation, etc) that can impact a match.</p><p> </p><p> Edit - neutral chemistry being "fine" is subjective. There are some players who will seek out positive chemistry for any potential tag team, and that's not wrong. Personally, I would rather have two workers who match up in some way and have some connection, even if that means neutral chemistry. I'm much more likely to make positive use of them if the combination of workers as a team appeals to me.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I personally like some sort of positive chemistry mainly because to me it feels like an easy way to get a little bonus. Over time I'll pair people I like together but for a new team to get a run together I just prefer something positive there. That said my tag division is never a priority so normally a way to pair up people I don't have any major plans for at that time. So if I discover a team like that with positive chemistry then even better.</p>

<p>Just had a PPV and Britani Knight won my women's title for the first time and in the match, I got a tag that said and I quote </p><p> </p><p>

'Britani Knight has a strong connection with the young female demographic who really liked her winning.'</p><p> </p><p>

I have never seen this tag in any of my games before nor have I seen it mentioned. Can anyone explain it to me in detail because it really caught my interest. Is the game now telling me to push her to the moon?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="HerecomestehMunny" data-cite="HerecomestehMunny" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Just had a PPV and Britani Knight won my women's title for the first time and in the match, I got a tag that said and I quote <p> </p><p> 'Britani Knight has a strong connection with the young female demographic who really liked her winning.'</p><p> </p><p> I have never seen this tag in any of my games before nor have I seen it mentioned. Can anyone explain it to me in detail because it really caught my interest. Is the game now telling me to push her to the moon?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It's pretty much as the text suggests, she connects with the younger female demographic in the same way that Bayley does. It means she's liable to get popularity bonuses. Whether you push her to the moon or not is really up to you, the game never tells you to do anything, it just gives you clues and hints that you can use or ignore as you see fit.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Adam Ryland" data-cite="Adam Ryland" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>It's pretty much as the text suggests, she connects with the younger female demographic in the same way that Bayley does. It means she's liable to get popularity bonuses. Whether you push her to the moon or not is really up to you, the game never tells you to do anything, it just gives you clues and hints that you can use or ignore as you see fit.</div></blockquote><p> Thanks for the info</p>

Hey, so just as a question: does the new worker frequency also affect workers graduating from Dojos? For example, I'm playing a 1996 mod and the worker generation date is set for January 2020, does that mean new workers wouldn't graduate from dojos until that date?

Hey, so just as a question: does the new worker frequency also affect workers graduating from Dojos? For example, I'm playing a 1996 mod and the worker generation date is set for January 2020, does that mean new workers wouldn't graduate from dojos until that date?

If they're not in the data from the beginning, no they won't until 2020.

But for example if you're playing as WCW and wondering if Mark Jindrak or Goldberg will graduate from the Power Plant, yes they will. You just won't have randomly generated graduates.

If they're not in the data from the beginning, no they won't until 2020.

But for example if you're playing as WCW and wondering if Mark Jindrak or Goldberg will graduate from the Power Plant, yes they will. You just won't have randomly generated graduates.

Ok, thank you very much sir/madam

<p>as a regional company in Puerto Rico, if i can get a television deal outside of that area, will the Main Event who are in the 80 pop only in PR</p><p> </p><p>

will the more evenly pop workers who are around 40 in pop in the whole of USA become Main Event pushing down the Main Stars in PR</p>

<p>I have a worker who just got injured, but she has an asterisk after her name, which according to the Medical screen means she is "currently unable to perform due to injury. But a (*) means they can still do angles.</p><p> </p><p>

Yet when I try to book them in an angle, her name does not appear among available workers. What is going on here?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Dr_Avalanche" data-cite="Dr_Avalanche" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I have a worker who just got injured, but she has an asterisk after her name, which according to the Medical screen means she is "currently unable to perform due to injury. But a (*) means they can still do angles.<p> </p><p> Yet when I try to book them in an angle, her name does not appear among available workers. What is going on here?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Need to have a push, like personality</p>

How important are the post show speeches? They seem like a time sink rather than having any real importance or does it help with things like morale etc?

They can boost morale, and increase your relationship with wrestlers, I believe.

A simple question here, will appreciate any input :)

* Is it possible to release / finish the contract of P.P.A. Wrestlers? I have got some discards to do, to avoid morale issues, after they helped me to creep from Local to Small, but my Roster is far too large to keep everyone happy. If so, how do I do it? Can't find where to click.

A simple question here, will appreciate any input :)

* Is it possible to release / finish the contract of P.P.A. Wrestlers? I have got some discards to do, to avoid morale issues, after they helped me to creep from Local to Small, but my Roster is far too large to keep everyone happy. If so, how do I do it? Can't find where to click.

From your roster, here:

http://i.imgur.com/8pcWHed.jpg

I'm doing a DIW save and used the sponsor snipe dirty trick in January 2017. It is now May 2017 and still says that "You are currently prepared to launch dirty tricks against APW." When will it happen OR how do I make it happen? I've never done dirty tricks and would like some help. Thanks in advance!

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Sharkn20" data-cite="Sharkn20" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Where is the Overness Rating?? Loads of angles are rated based on it. Is it a combination of others? Or a pure rating?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Overness refers to the worker's popularity in the region the show is being held in.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Sharkn20" data-cite="Sharkn20" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Where is the Overness Rating?? Loads of angles are rated based on it. Is it a combination of others? Or a pure rating?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> In my experience it's pure popularity. Although now, in thinking about it a bit more it could be a mix with momentum and gimmick rating perhaps, but that's just me thinking a bit too deep into it.</p>

So for the first time ever I got a note that said Tom Gilmore made Masa look particularly strong. Then my booker said that Tom kindly used his superior skills to make Masa look particularly strong. Is this new? And what is it that makes this happen as it is the first time, and I have had Tom signed for almost a year (in game).