Small Questions Thread & "Living FAQ"

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Spirophore" data-cite="Spirophore" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>If you were to start a two player game by yourself and wanted two companies to work together side-by-side, is there a way to book crossover shows? Basically I want to play as both 4C and ACPW, not looking to make ACPW a developmental but to form an alliance and have several yearly events where both feds send their best workers to battle for bragging rights. Would I have to do alliance loans or is there an easier way if I control both companies?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I believe that talent trades aren't limited if you are doing them between two user-controlled companies. So if you want workers in both promotions for a few shows, you could do that. Otherwise, the Alliance Loan feature is your best bet.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="The Nickman" data-cite="The Nickman" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'm booking a Perfomance over Pop company for the first time, and are you not able to get workers over from angles? Can it only be done from matches?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I think it has to do with your match ratio in your product. I have a perf over pop but a rather even match ratio. The angles weigh fairly heavy on the event rating, that's for sure.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="gazdaman" data-cite="gazdaman" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>How important is star quality and does it improve</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Star quality changes but I think it is so slow, like glacier speed slow. iirc when a worker loses their Young Lion status.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Spirophore" data-cite="Spirophore" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>If you were to start a two player game by yourself and wanted two companies to work together side-by-side, is there a way to book crossover shows? Basically I want to play as both 4C and ACPW, not looking to make ACPW a developmental but to form an alliance and have several yearly events where both feds send their best workers to battle for bragging rights. Would I have to do alliance loans or is there an easier way if I control both companies?</div></blockquote><p> Talent trade is the way to go. You can set up a 5:1 trade at a time and do it over and over as much as you like. Alliance loans work, but you have to limit them or the alliance will tell you to stop. (plus you only get the one guy)</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="CharlieRock" data-cite="CharlieRock" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I think it has to do with your match ratio in your product. I have a perf over pop but a rather even match ratio. The angles weigh fairly heavy on the event rating, that's for sure.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Cheers for your reply, but I'm not I'm not talking about the overall show rating, I'm talking about gaining popularity for workers. I understand that the show will be rated by angles to matches as their ratioon the card, however I'm not noticing the usual popularity gains for workers for high-rated angles as I usually do in a pop over perf promotion.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="The Nickman" data-cite="The Nickman" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>So am I better off removing RVD as the figurehead until he's the most popular and then reinstating it?? Or alternatively should I turn him face immediately and keep the FH on him?<p> </p><p> I've honestly never had this problem before because I think my FH has always been a Face AND the most popular guy.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You have a year to work on it, but I think turning him (to face) sooner will have better results. Tried changing your company logo to a bud leaf?</p>

One thing that I've done is have a 3 or 4 person match with the winner of the belt and the loser not involve the champion at all. I used the Keep Strong on the champ and it (to my mind) is one of those times when the champ says he only has a 1 in 3 chance of keeping the title, it comes true. The Angel/Jericho/Benoit title matches where Angel lost both titles to both Chris' without being involved in either fall was on my mind when Scythe moved into the Upper Mid Card and held 2 lower titles.

I've also had a new feud setup for the champ to start and have that guy interfere with the match allowing the champ to move on to another storyline while letting my new champ have new challenges to face.

Every time I have done that they still get upset. Not enough to become a disturbance in the locker room, but I hate risk losing the morale bonus. I even had them lose it in a tag match with their partner taking the pin, lol.

Cheers for your reply, but I'm not I'm not talking about the overall show rating, I'm talking about gaining popularity for workers. I understand that the show will be rated by angles to matches as their ratioon the card, however I'm not noticing the usual popularity gains for workers for high-rated angles as I usually do in a pop over perf promotion.

The product sometimes says that the rating is "more" perf over pop, and sometimes you can work it so it says the rating is "much more" for perf over pop.

If you are in the extra adjective category of perf over pop, try working in a little more of the top categories.

I may be wrong, but I have seen products where they are equally rated. So I always imagined a balance scale that tips to one side, and then tips very much to one side. With the perf getting a bigger slice of the rating each time the scale tips more towards it.

P.S. I had one that was much more perf over pop. And then I tried one that was only "more" perf over pop. I know they gained popularity much faster in the former when they had good matches. But my roster was burning out quickly (heavy intensity is a side effect of perf over pop). So I tried loosening up the scale a bit and they climb pop slower but I get longer lasting workers. (which meant more shows which balanced the pop gains out)

I'm looking at creating a venue and there are several languages to choose from when you build one:

Does anyone have any experience with these?

Is there a drawback to having every languages present in a venue?

No, it's just there to accurately portray different countries/regions. There's no harm in playing to a multi-lingual house.

When I filter a list of workers on "In-Ring Workers", what skills am I actually filtering on? I had always assumed it was top row skills, until I came across this row of skills on a worker as a "Great In-Ring Worker":

12e233e3b1b54d27bd068fad15b84f03.png

Which made me assume it was maybe an average of top and second row skills or something, but does someone actually know?

As far as I know, only the best of the top row skills is taken into account (with the exception of Flashiness working as a bonus to Aerial, if I'm not mistaken). This worker shows because he/she has a good Aerial skill (and maybe because as a bonus, a good Flashiness rating too). Pretty one-sided, but pretty good at what he/she does.

Title History

Is their anyway to edit the title history of a belt? The reason I ask is I just held one of our PPV's and had a match pitting the Demons of Rage vs. Midnight Express for the World Tag title. Demons were supposed to win, defending their title. Demon Anger suffered a herniated spinal disc and they called an audible with the Express winning. The problem here is Bobby Eaton was pulled up from one of my developmental companies so right after the event he went back down to development and vacated the title. I pulled him back up and awarded Midnight Express the titles, but now it shows them as being two time champions since they won the title and lost it when Eaton went to Dev and won it again when I awarded it to them

As far as I know, only the best of the top row skills is taken into account (with the exception of Flashiness working as a bonus to Aerial, if I'm not mistaken). This worker shows because he/she has a good Aerial skill (and maybe because as a bonus, a good Flashiness rating too). Pretty one-sided, but pretty good at what he/she does.

The Basics, Consistency, & Safety ratings might be boosting the top-line ratings enough to be a good in-ring worker too.

Every time I have done that they still get upset. Not enough to become a disturbance in the locker room, but I hate risk losing the morale bonus. I even had them lose it in a tag match with their partner taking the pin, lol.

I think that my 97% backstage rating helped a bit but I also setup Scythe for a lose by having him lose by DQ to both Kirk and Spencer (I think that's who it was) when they had 1-on-1 matches with Scythe and the other would attack the challenger (Kirk would attack Spencer and vice versa) helping both challengers with a pop boost.

I moved Scythe to a different storyline just before that title match and gave him a tainted victory against someone at his level (Lassie I think) at the next tv show right away so that his morale wasn't too badly hurt. He still hasn't won a title at that level yet, he's just been flirting with the Main Eventers and will be Vengeance's dragon when he wins the title next PPV.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="shadowmaster" data-cite="shadowmaster" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Is their anyway to edit the title history of a belt? The reason I ask is I just held one of our PPV's and had a match pitting the Demons of Rage vs. Midnight Express for the World Tag title. Demons were supposed to win, defending their title. Demon Anger suffered a herniated spinal disc and they called an audible with the Express winning. The problem here is Bobby Eaton was pulled up from one of my developmental companies so right after the event he went back down to development and vacated the title. I pulled him back up and awarded Midnight Express the titles, but now it shows them as being two time champions since they won the title and lost it when Eaton went to Dev and won it again when I awarded it to them</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> No, there isn’t unfortunately.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="KyleCamelot" data-cite="KyleCamelot" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Has anybody been able to get Marc Dubois to improve his behavior? IIRC, a couple of times I've gotten him off drugs when I first got the game, but every game I bring him in, he's such a pain that I end up getting rid of him.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Unfortunately not in my experience. Just had to fire the guy in my TCW game</p><p> </p><p> Put him with the Canadian Animals and of course he pops on the drug test instantly so I sent him to rehab. Months later the Animals are face and he’s aginst them but extremely high in every match. At that point I just had to fire him. He tanks the morale of anyone he’s in a program with because he’s always working high. I don’t really care about drug users if they don’t hurt the product (like steroids) but I can’t have the guy making my entire roster mad just by working him.</p>

<p>I've got a couple of questions regarding Touring Companies. I like NJPW but I've never booked them in TEW. Since I have no experience with a touring company, I've thought I start with a smaller one like NOAH . Anyways, here is what I want to know:</p><p> </p><p>

I know that I have to set up weekly events as a "Road to next big Event" kinda thing. Should I book these weekly events like a normal TV Show or can I leave it completely to the Auto booker? And how do workers react if they don't get booked on that shows, especially main eventers? Is it similar to a company who runs a full-time schedule, more specifically will my main eventers get angry if they're not booked in at least every second show or so?</p><p>

And finally: Should I try to give everyone a ppa deal or are touring contracts better? I fear that I might struggle with the finances if I have to pay everyone for 2 or 3 shows a week plus the big events.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="shadowmaster" data-cite="shadowmaster" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>So, at what point do you consider getting one of your workers surgery? I've done it on low risk but nothing higher.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Depends on the worker. If they're lower card, I sometimes take the plunge on Medium Risk. As it suggests though, it's pretty much a 50/50 chance so I would advise against it if the worker is of great value.</p><p> </p><p> Saying that, I sent someone for surgery recently on Low Risk (Jacques Rougeau I think, off the top of my head) and even that blew up in my face.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="sdaubs" data-cite="sdaubs" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The Basics, Consistency, & Safety ratings might be boosting the top-line ratings enough to be a good in-ring worker too.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Selling and psychology also. A high basics, psychology, and selling usually get a worker noted as a great in-ring.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="bumsfalara" data-cite="bumsfalara" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I've got a couple of questions regarding Touring Companies. I like NJPW but I've never booked them in TEW. Since I have no experience with a touring company, I've thought I start with a smaller one like NOAH . Anyways, here is what I want to know:<p> </p><p> I know that I have to set up weekly events as a "Road to next big Event" kinda thing. Should I book these weekly events like a normal TV Show or can I leave it completely to the Auto booker? And how do workers react if they don't get booked on that shows, especially main eventers? Is it similar to a company who runs a full-time schedule, more specifically will my main eventers get angry if they're not booked in at least every second show or so?</p><p> And finally: Should I try to give everyone a ppa deal or are touring contracts better? I fear that I might struggle with the finances if I have to pay everyone for 2 or 3 shows a week plus the big events.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Personally don't use it when I run a Japanese company... I just get a deal for events and air them all.</p><p> </p><p> This allows me to book shows whenever I want.. especially avoiding an actual tv show all together... Again allowing me to take a week or two off every now and again.</p>