TEW2016 Public Beta Reaction Thread

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why are my B shows (One of them is 30 minutes long) required to have one Wild Brawl match, one Eye Candy match and one Story Telling match? I understand the feature for the A Shows and PPVs, but I can't imagine anyone expecting a Ladder Match for a B Show.

I'm obviously missing something as I can't for the life of me find how to set an Event as a Special and then either set multiple episodes. I don't even know what the PM mode is.

You can't set a recurring event special.

Here's what you do:

IN GAME:

Create an event as a special in the calendar option

Negotiate with a broadcaster. Pick a commercial station that will negotiate with you and set it to events.

Run the day. When you get to the PM portion (meaning afternoon when you actually get to the booking screen) you get to pick the broadcaster on the first page. Pick the one you want. In this case you would select the commercial station.

There you go. Event special!

IN EDITOR:

Create an event and set it as a special

Assign a broadcasting deal to the company in question with a commercial station.

When you select a tv show, be sure to leave it at none.

When you start the game, this company will have an unassigned broadcasting agreement that you can use for events.

For an event like SNME you want to set the minimum quality pretty high as this was big negotiating sticking point between the WWF and NBC.

As an aside, there's a real danger of the AI televising every Event.

Can't comment on any of this without enough game testing.

Why are my B shows (One of them is 30 minutes long) required to have one Wild Brawl match, one Eye Candy match and one Story Telling match? I understand the feature for the A Shows and PPVs, but I can't imagine anyone expecting a Ladder Match for a B Show.

Are you certain it's asking you for all 3? I was getting a similar message in my game and the message went away when one of the 3 goals were fulfilled.

Your product. You probably have large amounts of Hardcore (wild brawl), risque with T&A (eye candy), and Traditional or Mainstream (story telling).

Are you certain it's asking you for all 3? I was getting a similar message in my game and the message went away when one of the 3 goals were fulfilled.

Yes, I had an Eye Candy and a Story Telling match, and yet, the Wild Brawl message still appeared.

Your product. You probably have large amounts of Hardcore (wild brawl), risque with T&A (eye candy), and Traditional or Mainstream (story telling).

I know that's the reason why. The complaint is that they (the fans) shouldn't expect all that in a 30 minute B Show. Or any B Show for that matter.

I'm really liking the new features and always enjoyed managing the backstage environment as much as the actual booking. I tend to agree with everyone who has been trying to get used to the new booking order, it just doesn't seem to be a natural flow but meh.

Has anyone noticed worker morale going down due to "feeling isolated backstage"? I've converted a current real world database over and it is always the same worker with no distinct personality traits, multiple friendships in the promotion, and a backstage rating of 100%. Not sure how to resolve it.

Need help converting :(. There's no folder for me to put the mod in. All I see is the trial program.

You can't set a recurring event special.

Here's what you do:

IN GAME:

Create an event as a special in the calendar option

Negotiate with a broadcaster. Pick a commercial station that will negotiate with you and set it to events.

Run the day. When you get to the PM portion (meaning afternoon when you actually get to the booking screen) you get to pick the broadcaster on the first page. Pick the one you want. In this case you would select the commercial station.

There you go. Event special!

IN EDITOR:

Create an event and set it as a special

Assign a broadcasting deal to the company in question with a commercial station.

When you select a tv show, be sure to leave it at none.

When you start the game, this company will have an unassigned broadcasting agreement that you can use for events.

For an event like SNME you want to set the minimum quality pretty high as this was big negotiating sticking point between the WWF and NBC.

Can't comment on any of this without enough game testing.

Thanks for that. I did test 1987 for one month and had WWF, JCP, WWC, Joint Promotions, NJPW and AJPW all sign Event TV deals and then all run their Events as televised. Basically, too many promotions and too many shows. I can't imagine 1987 saw more than 4 or so televised specials, whilst from 87 to now has their been that many. Seems a very 2016 feature or at least one where you could set Promotions to not have televised events.

Yes, I had an Eye Candy and a Story Telling match, and yet, the Wild Brawl message still appeared.

I know that's the reason why. The complaint is that they (the fans) shouldn't expect all that in a 30 minute B Show. Or any B Show for that matter.

Fans attending your shows WANT to see all those... but they also know it's a B show, which is why so few people go to it. B shows also don't do anything to your company popularity and failing to hit those goals doesn't hurt any segment ratings, only the show rating... so you can still do whatever you want and it literally doesn't hurt you at all. Except to realise that fans are demanding. :p

Need help converting :(. There's no folder for me to put the mod in. All I see is the trial program.

This is covered in this handy thread Adam made in the mod section for existing mods. For TEW13 mods being converted you just need to use the editor in-game, put the TEW13 files you want into the new folder, convert it in game and follow the instructions in the thread before for pictures, making sure to combine all the TV and PPV pictures into a new folder called "Broadcasters" :)

The match system seems incredibly deep but the angle and storyline system seems shallow. I like the changes to momentum. Turns reset momentum rather than g icing a guaranteed boost. Love new gimmick mechanics.

I guess one option is to play without using angles and storylines. Would've been nice to have some depth there to match the match system.

Jim corvette booking 1. Russo booking 0.

Thanks for that. I did test 1987 for one month and had WWF, JCP, WWC, Joint Promotions, NJPW and AJPW all sign Event TV deals and then all run their Events as televised. Basically, too many promotions and too many shows. I can't imagine 1987 saw more than 4 or so televised specials, whilst from 87 to now has their been that many. Seems a very 2016 feature or at least one where you could set Promotions to not have televised events.

Clash of the Champions started in 1988 and they ran a handful a year.

Saturday Night's Main Event was a special run on NBC 5-6 times a year starting in 1986.

I think WCCW ran their Star Wars cards on television so those would be events on commercial broadcasting.

Also, you are running a 1987 mod that was converted I guess? So it hasn't been adjusted yet at all to make it work appropriately in this new world in terms of broadcasting deals. Essentially though in 1987 if you wanted people to see a special event you didn't have a ton of options on how to get it to people.

Im just using this as a reference. How can you tell you need one eye candy match. one story telling match. where is this located at?

Just got round to booking a show, spent most of yesterday looking at CVerse changes. SWF looked surprising interesting so having a quick go with them at the moment. Love all of the changes made to booking matches in particular, match aims have really got me thinking about how I book shows. Great stuff.

One thing I'm really thankful for is the ability to import settings for the Game World section of the editor. Really saved me a TON of work with that.

And, I think I noticed a typo in Troy Tornado's biography, (don't have the game up in front of me at the moment, since I'm about to hit the road, but I'm pretty sure I saw it anyway). 'Retured' should be 'Returned'. Noticed that in 2013 as well, but back then, I corrected it in mine, and then kinda forgot about it.

Sorry about that.

Think it's still there anyway. Just figured I'd mention it.

:o

The match system seems incredibly deep but the angle and storyline system seems shallow. I like the changes to momentum. Turns reset momentum rather than g icing a guaranteed boost. Love new gimmick mechanics.

I guess one option is to play without using angles and storylines. Would've been nice to have some depth there to match the match system.

Jim Corvette is an excellent gimmick name.

Jim Corvette is an excellent gimmick name.

*yoink*

This could be very handy once Fleisch's mod is out :)

Clash of the Champions started in 1988 and they ran a handful a year.

Saturday Night's Main Event was a special run on NBC 5-6 times a year starting in 1986.

I think WCCW ran their Star Wars cards on television so those would be events on commercial broadcasting.

Also, you are running a 1987 mod that was converted I guess? So it hasn't been adjusted yet at all to make it work appropriately in this new world in terms of broadcasting deals. Essentially though in 1987 if you wanted people to see a special event you didn't have a ton of options on how to get it to people.

Yes, essentially a converted mod and working on the UK side of things to assist with a mod. In theory a lot could then be ported to other 80's mods. With regards "making it work", Joint Promotions are Regional and went after an Event Broadcast deal. Joint have Events in the first place, one a week, to simulate the fact they ran shows each week and you can't get house shows at Regional. All Star also picked up an Event Broadcast deal, again they're Regional and have a weekly Event to simulate their setup. I really don't think it's adjustment that is the issue as WWF, WWC, NJPW, AJPW, All Star and Joint are a decent spread. I know it's nigh on impossible to simulate the UK historically, Reslo for example will be tricky, but one weekly event and TV taped then shown Saturday was relatively close. Aside from FA Cup Final specials, I think the UK scene only had one televised non-TV deal event ever and that was the FWA on Bravo. It's so rare outwith a few well known examples that it should be an option you can close out by a Events never Televised drop down much like the old never on PPV for Events in '13. Having the drop down would allow say Clash to be television friendly, but a UK tour night to not be shown for example.

I'm hoping that if you have the demo and then you buy the full version, that you can simply install over the demo and have an easier time waiting for installation. I'm not spending 20 minutes installing again, not after all this hype.

Yeah, one of the things released on release day is purely a patch so that you don't need to get data or pictures again (which make up the majority of the download). Though I'd recommend getting the full installer just to make sure you have the most up to date versions of everything... you should only need it that one time as the beta week has more changes than everything post-release. :)

Archived