Your TEW16 Resolutions

I'm going to make a real effort to get into the CornellVerse this year. I'd also like to start a diary later in the year once I get used to 2016. It's been a long long time since I attempted a diary but it's something I've wanted to do the last few months but have been holding off for the new game.

1: Get 2001 WCW back to Global status and usurp WWE

1.2: Get my New Horsemen (Punk/Bryan/Joe/Styles) to ME status, make WCW more performance-based

2. Start a backyard fed and work up to Regional, if possible even getting to National.

3. Start a 1990's WWF save and push Tatanka to the moon.

4. Start a diary? I really would like to do a dynasty of some kind, actually get some creative writing done.

There's a lot more I want to do (mostly involving the Hall of Fame feature) but these are the top 4 and a half.

1. Takeover the world with WCW 1996.

2. 0/0/0/0 ECW in 1987, starting off as Eastern Championship Wrestling.

3. AJW. Not sure of the year, but I'd like to try running AJW in the early 1990s. 1991, perhaps?

4. Modern WWE with RWC.

5. 1993 WWF, can't wait for the mod!

6. 2002 WWE, the initial brand split.

7. 1997 WWF, booking the attitude era.

8. JCP, back in the 1987 mod.

Hey guys, I'm a long time player but I'm new to the forums, so this seems like a good place to start with the new game coming out.

I've played all of the TEW's, but I've never managed to get past about a year and a half in-game time for one reason or another. So my main resolution is to start one game and keep it going for many years.

As I'm new to the forum as well, I'm looking to contribute to the community. I've visited these forums a lot over the years and found answers to my questions, etc, so I decided to join with the release of TEW 2016.

It's good to be here, roll on release day!

1. I always go overboard with hiring. This leads me to financial struggles and lots of workers being unhappy because they don't get used. I want to keep the hiring under control and have a streamlined roster of very useful talent.

2. Make USPW great again.

3. I always always struggle moving from Cult to National. I want to find the way to A shows on the Cult level so I can get to National. I did it once on TEW 2010 with a real world mod where Lance Storm vs. Super Eric was my go-to feud. I'd like to do it again.

4. Steal Spencer Spade from SWF. :D

I might actually try playing as SWF this time to start.

5. Find a good story to run personally and stick with it. In 2013 I did Steve DeColt returning to try to claim what is rightfully his, partial ownership of CGC, but ended up leaving to start my own company.

Hey guys, I'm a long time player but I'm new to the forums, so this seems like a good place to start with the new game coming out.

I've played all of the TEW's, but I've never managed to get past about a year and a half in-game time for one reason or another. So my main resolution is to start one game and keep it going for many years.

As I'm new to the forum as well, I'm looking to contribute to the community. I've visited these forums a lot over the years and found answers to my questions, etc, so I decided to join with the release of TEW 2016.

Always good to have new members here as at one time or another, we were all newbies. So welcome! :cool:

Now as for my resolutions:

1. My longest save was from January 1991 (Rising Storms) till about WrestleMania IX (end of March, beginning of April 1993), so a little over two years. That was an accomplishment for me. Now here's hoping that after I get my big three mods released, I can have a save go much longer.

2. See if I can get someone who was usually enhancement talent in either the WWF or WCW over and give them a push of some sort, even if just a midcard push.

3. Book Tatanka vs. Goldberg in the epic battle of undefeated wrestlers. :p

4. Pray for a mod that starts in July 2011 to come out and rebook WWE, such as rebooking the CM Punk Pipe Bomb angle; bringing up the Shield earlier; not giving up on Zack Ryder's push; bring back Kane and not have him bury anyone unless it's someone that's being a pain in the neck backstage.

5. Like Ernie said above, I'm going to try and not go overboard with hiring this time around.

Welcome to the club, my friend!

- Break my personal record for longest game (38 years, back in TEW08). Came close this time (28 years) but, yeah, horseshoes and hand grenades (and nuclear missiles).

- Run a successful game with a figurehead who isn't supremely talented already. Maybe run a local to global game with one worker maintaining that top spot throughout.

- Turn some stories from classic literature (Annabel Lee, the Canterbury Tales, etc) into storylines.

- Keep roster size down a bit. I'm always going to be well over the minimum but maybe this time I can keep it so I'm not having fatal four way tag team matches just to produce the competitors for the fatal four way tag team match to determine the #1 contender. Heck, in my last TEW2013 save, I had 28 legit main eventers @ National. :p That's crazy, even for me.

Probably some more stuff but this is a good start.

Like a lot of people have said, the biggest for me is to stick with a save.

I think I will probably have one save with either SWF or TCW as I love booking national+ promotions (assuming they both are still that size)

- I want to book a more true version of a RTG game but also incorporate a local to global where I take my company to global and able to be the figurehead of the company.

- Lastly, hope and pray that Fleisch gets his RW mod out ASAP so I can play WWE! I mean I know he enjoys all of our suffering and all, but hopefully he will not be too diabolical and make us wait forever :p:D

Archived