Tag Teams / Stables / Naming Thread Suggestions

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Valkyria" data-cite="Valkyria" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41263" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I am playing with the Golden Age Mod right now and i decided to put Sgt. Slaughter and Jim Duggan in an Pro-USA team but I can't think of a good Name. I like Team USA but I think it is a bit too generic. Any Ideas?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> These just literally popped into my head when i saw your post:</p><p> Old Glory</p><p> The Brave</p><p> The Patriots</p><p> Red, White, Black and Blue</p><p> Stars and Stripes</p><p> Star Spangled Brawlers</p><p> Pride and Glory</p>

I am playing with the Golden Age Mod right now and i decided to put Sgt. Slaughter and Jim Duggan in an Pro-USA team but I can't think of a good Name. I like Team USA but I think it is a bit too generic. Any Ideas?

Rough and Ready.

It's the nickname of President Zachary Taylor as well as town names in California, Georgia, New York and Pennsylvania.

Bray Wyatt just signed with me in my Impact save. Looking to debut him with a different name, but similar character. Thinking about his original character from WWE with The Wyatt Family but adding a little bit of the dark powers like The Undertaker. Looking for name suggestions for him and a possible stable that he controls.

Windham Crowley

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="ink625" data-cite="ink625" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41263" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Scars & Stripes</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> God Damn, that’s good.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Valkyria" data-cite="Valkyria" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41263" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Thanks Guys. I really liked your suggestions but I have a question. Old Glory, does that mean anything?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It's a nickname we Americans lovingly use for our flag. I can see how an Austrian like yourself might not be familiar with it.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="cappyboy" data-cite="cappyboy" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41263" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>It's a nickname we Americans lovingly use for our flag. I can see how an Austrian like yourself might not be familiar with it.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Long story short, a bunch of chicks who had the hots for a guy, sowed him a giant flag, he sailed through pirate rich waters, saved a bunch of people who were taken for ransom, and traded tortoise shells before his wife died of cancer and he settled into Nashville for a comfortable retirement life during the Civil War. He hung the thing above his house because he thought it gave him divine providence. which went over super well when Tennessee succeeds from the Union. He had to take it down and hide it to prevent people from destroying it. Since we Americans have a profound fondness for flags that are still there. The story became a national phenomenon and it became a nickname for the flag through cultural osmosis.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="ShiningWizzro" data-cite="ShiningWizzro" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41263" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Trying to find the name for a new tag team.<p> </p><p> Both African Americans, hip hop style gimmicks, one is a rapper/hype man(OJ Blaze) and the other is the workhorse with less charisma (Magnus Black).</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Blazing Ice</p><p> Blazing Bling</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="ShiningWizzro" data-cite="ShiningWizzro" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41263" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Trying to find the name for a new tag team.<p> </p><p> Both African Americans, hip hop style gimmicks, one is a rapper/hype man(OJ Blaze) and the other is the workhorse with less charisma (Magnus Black).</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The Kings Of Blaze</p><p> The Trailblazers</p><p> Orange And Black</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="seminoledozer" data-cite="seminoledozer" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41263" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Need a name for a babyface stable consisting of RVD Sabu & Tommy Dreamer in a WWF 2001 save.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> In real life they used the name ECW Originals, or you could use something like Extreme Evolution, The Extreme Revolution, something playing off Extreme (or Hardcore), Team Extreme, Hardcore Heroes etc.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="seminoledozer" data-cite="seminoledozer" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41263" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Need a name for a babyface stable consisting of RVD Sabu & Tommy Dreamer in a WWF 2001 save.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> House of Hardcore</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="HugarLSU" data-cite="HugarLSU" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41263" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>WWF 1998<p> </p><p> TAKA and Vader</p><p> </p><p> Best I thought of was Biggie Smalls. Any help appreciated.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Solar Power. You have a big strong guy and a guy from The Land Of The Rising Sun.</p>

2005 WWE

Sean O'Haire using a street fighter gimmick and Christopher Daniels using his preacher gimmick. Looking not only for a name but also others to add to the stable.

Want them to be kind of a darker Wyatt Family-esque stable

Why not use Daniels's old Prophecy stable name?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="mjmiller2010" data-cite="mjmiller2010" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41263" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>2005 WWE<p> </p><p> Sean O'Haire using a street fighter gimmick and Christopher Daniels using his preacher gimmick. Looking not only for a name but also others to add to the stable.</p><p> </p><p> Want them to be kind of a darker Wyatt Family-esque stable</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thought that's coming to mind for me in the way of a specially made tag team is Billy Kidman and Abyss. Sort of the Mutt and Jeff dynamic meets veteran/rookie. The storyline could be that Kidman is wanting to go back to his Flock roots and tries to join up with Daniels. Even claiming to have a new monster he can bring under the Family's influence. But Daniels isn't having any until he gets an eyeful of Abyss. At that point Daniels is sold and brings them in as a package deal. Kidman and Abyss work tags because Billy's the one the monster trusts most. With the out of story logic being to have Kidman help Abyss get in the WWE groove. But as Abyss gets better, presumably more over and to be more of a McMahon favorite, Billy's hold breaks and it could become a question of can even Daniels contain him.</p><p> </p><p> I'm also picturing a Phantom of The Opera type. Or at least the way wrestling has typically done it. Think "disfigured" Cody Rhodes. Pretty boy who thinks he's scarred and goes dark because of it. Maybe in the form of Buff Bagwell as a callback to his Handsome Stranger beginnings if you want a veteran. Or maybe someone like a Roderick Strong if you're looking for an up and comer.</p><p> </p><p> Heck,if you don't want or can't get Kidman, perhaps this Phantom of the Ring could be Abyss' tag partner in the scenario above. The two bonding over being monstrosities only for the bond to break when Abyss discovers the Phantom's deformity isn't real and only psychosomatic.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="mjmiller2010" data-cite="mjmiller2010" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41263" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>2005 WWE<p> </p><p> Sean O'Haire using a street fighter gimmick and Christopher Daniels using his preacher gimmick. Looking not only for a name but also others to add to the stable.</p><p> </p><p> Want them to be kind of a darker Wyatt Family-esque stable</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The Saint and the Killers, base it off the Vertigo comic "Preacher" with Daniels being a soft-spoken forced-heel character that has a demon named "Ibtida" trapped inside him. Have O'Hare and the others who join in shadow Daniels to restrain him when the demon comes forth.</p>