Tag Teams / Stables / Naming Thread Suggestions

<p>2 teams</p><p> </p><p>

Found 2 teams with great chemistry but can't come up with names. For reference I'm playing the golden age mod.</p><p> </p><p>

Team 1: Tom Pritchard and Chris Champion ( both are kind of generic faces at this point)</p><p> </p><p>

Team 2: Brian Pillman and Fit Finlay ( Pillman has a Young Lion gimmick while Fit is a fighting Irishman) I basically want them to be a team that beats people up and then goes out and parties with a pint or 6, a la the freebirds or APA.</p>

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="comedy24" data-cite="comedy24" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41263" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Found 2 teams with great chemistry but can't come up with names. For reference I'm playing the golden age mod.<p> </p><p> Team 1: Tom Pritchard and Chris Champion ( both are kind of generic faces at this point)</p><p> </p><p> Team 2: Brian Pillman and Fit Finlay ( Pillman has a Young Lion gimmick while Fit is a fighting Irishman) I basically want them to be a team that beats people up and then goes out and parties with a pint or 6, a la the freebirds or APA.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Team 2 could be the Pub Crawlers</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="comedy24" data-cite="comedy24" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41263" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Found 2 teams with great chemistry but can't come up with names. For reference I'm playing the golden age mod.<p> </p><p> Team 1: Tom Pritchard and Chris Champion ( both are kind of generic faces at this point)</p><p> </p><p> Team 2: Brian Pillman and Fit Finlay ( Pillman has a Young Lion gimmick while Fit is a fighting Irishman) I basically want them to be a team that beats people up and then goes out and parties with a pint or 6, a la the freebirds or APA.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Let Pritchard adopt his classic "Doctor of Desire" persona and Team 1 could be The Golden Practice.</p>

• 1 month later...
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Dr_Avalanche" data-cite="Dr_Avalanche" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41263" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Anyone got a good name for a tag team between "Submission Princess" Paige Croft (with a Machine gimmick) and "Marvellous" Maribel Mercado (gimmick Arrogant Heel)?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Princesses of Pain</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Romans_Brass_Shovel" data-cite="Romans_Brass_Shovel" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41263" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Lil Henry is The Reaper of Souls in my game. He leads a stable of Hells Bouncer, Shiva (vampiric), and Scythe. They are called Hell's Finest.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Forgot to add that I just recently acquired Kammy Ling and repackaged her as Mother Mercy. She manages all the members.</p>

• 4 weeks later...
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Perpetual Nirvana" data-cite="Perpetual Nirvana" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41263" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Signed Tessa Blanchard to WWE. Set to team her Charlotte with the idea that they're BFFs who grew up together with their respective dads (not that big a stretch, tbh). I need a name both for Tessa, to fit with the whole I'm acknowledging my family ties but not using my real name thing Charlotte has, and the team itself.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Blanche</p><p> Caroline</p><p> Carolina</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="madjock" data-cite="madjock" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41263" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>hello,<p> </p><p> looking for a name for Robbie Retro and American Machine?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Dancing Machine</p><p> Power Up</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="NarrZiss" data-cite="NarrZiss" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41263" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Blanche<p> Caroline</p><p> Carolina</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You could name her Dallas and keep the name of a city theme. Call them Second Nature?</p>

<p>1. I'm trying a name for an nWo-like stable in WCW that will have the Warrior as their leader, and possibly involving Cactus Jack and The Sandman, but i don't feel that the nWo would be a proper name to it. What would be a good name for an invading organization?</p><p> </p><p>

2. What would be a good name for a tag team composed of The Berzerker & Ludvig Borga in WWF?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Perpetual Nirvana" data-cite="Perpetual Nirvana" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41263" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Signed Tessa Blanchard to WWE. Set to team her Charlotte with the idea that they're BFFs who grew up together with their respective dads (not that big a stretch, tbh). I need a name both for Tessa, to fit with the whole I'm acknowledging my family ties but not using my real name thing Charlotte has, and the team itself.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Well since she was also born in Charlotte, North Carolina, why don't you name her Caroline T.B. (this acknowledges that she is Tessa Blanchard with the T.B. but also pays tribute to her step father Magnum <strong>TA</strong>.</p><p> </p><p> also bill her from the Queen City like Charlotte and call them Queen City Princesses (as in they're both from wrestling royalty). You can drop the T.B. too and just call her Caroline like they just refer to Charlotte as Charlotte but its implied that the last name is Flair. In Caroline's situation it would be implied that her last name is Blanchard.</p>

<p>I have The Franchise Shane Douglas and Dr. Death Steve Williams teaming in my WCW 1998 game. They are currently named The Masters Of The Mat, but I think there might be something better out there. So any help would be great.</p><p> </p><p>

I also have Mr. Wonderful Mike Sanders managed by Paul Orndorf teaming with Sid Vicious as a bodyguard/hired gun type. They are currently going by Insanely Wonderful which I am happier with but would be open to suggestion.</p><p> </p><p>

Thanks all.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="DoubleA012" data-cite="DoubleA012" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41263" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Well since she was also born in Charlotte, North Carolina, why don't you name her Caroline T.B. (this acknowledges that she is Tessa Blanchard with the T.B. but also pays tribute to her step father Magnum <strong>TA</strong>.<p> </p><p> also bill her from the Queen City like Charlotte and call them Queen City Princesses (as in they're both from wrestling royalty). You can drop the T.B. too and just call her Caroline like they just refer to Charlotte as Charlotte but its implied that the last name is Flair. In Caroline's situation it would be implied that her last name is Blanchard.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thanks for the suggestions. This is probably what I'm gonna go with. Cheers.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Powerful_Fox" data-cite="Powerful_Fox" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41263" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I have The Franchise Shane Douglas and Dr. Death Steve Williams teaming in my WCW 1998 game. They are currently named The Masters Of The Mat, but I think there might be something better out there. So any help would be great.<p> </p><p> I also have Mr. Wonderful Mike Sanders managed by Paul Orndorf teaming with Sid Vicious as a bodyguard/hired gun type. They are currently going by Insanely Wonderful which I am happier with but would be open to suggestion.</p><p> </p><p> Thanks all.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> how about mixing their names or nicknames?</p><p> Vicious and Delicious ( for Sid and MIke/w Orndorff)</p><p> The S.O.S (for Sanders/Orndoff/Sid, or Supreme Over Superstars/Superduo)</p><p> </p><p> The Death Franchises - if that makes any sense, (for Douglas and Dr Death)</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> With English being my third language I expect for them to be bad, but maybe will give a hint</p>

<p>I changed Bo Dallas' character to 'Bo Wyatt' and teamed him up with his real life brother Bray Wyatt. I gave them the tag team name of "World Eaters" in my game.</p><p> </p><p>

I hired Velvet Sky. Then I promptly changed her character to 'Annie Flair' and teamed her with Charlotte as her storyline sister. Charlotte, Annie, and Dana Brooke formed a stable that I named "#FlairBears" for the time being. I thought it was catchy and cheesy, but cooler with the hashtag in front of it. </p><p> </p><p>

Believe it or not, I completely transformed The Ascension. I turned Konnor and Victor into gay lovers named Konnor Reilly and Victor Lanzo, respectively. I gave them the tag team name of "Team Pride" and they've been doing a lot better than their days as The Ascension. </p><p> </p><p>

I brought Roman Reigns' real life brother formerly known as 'Rosey' back to the WWE. I gave Rosey the new character of 'Eddie Reigns' and teamed him with his brother Roman. I gave their tag team the name "Reignstorm" and have also used Eddie to help Roman get victories in singles competition. Yes, I turned Roman Reigns heel in my game. I couldn't bear to push him as a face any longer. Anyway, Reignstorm has caught on pretty decently. </p><p> </p><p>

I wanted to form a fantastic heel stable around The Miz... so I re-hired Damien Mizdow. I killed Breezango and brought Tyler Breeze to Miz's stable. The stable began with The Miz, Maryse, Mizdow, and Breeze. I named them "The 'A' List" and had them become the first ever WWE Six Man Tag Champions. It gets better.. two months in.. Breeze is competing in my Rising Star Tournament, so I downgraded his stable role to minor for the time being. So I had to bring someone new into the stable- Dolph Ziggler joined The 'A' List. So now we have The Miz, Maryse, Damien Mizdow, Tyler Breeze, and Dolph Ziggler.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="VonnyFortan" data-cite="VonnyFortan" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41263" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I've put Ricky Steamboat and Bam Bam Bigelow together on The Main Event mod playthrough and they've recently won the WWF Tag Team Championship from Hercules and Virgil. However the current name for the team "Fire Breath" just doesn't come across as any sort of unique to me. Any ideas?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Dragons of War?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="VonnyFortan" data-cite="VonnyFortan" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41263" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I've put Ricky Steamboat and Bam Bam Bigelow together on The Main Event mod playthrough and they've recently won the WWF Tag Team Championship from Hercules and Virgil. However the current name for the team "Fire Breath" just doesn't come across as any sort of unique to me. Any ideas?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <strong>River Boat Gamblers</strong>, Imagine Bam Bam walking to the ring smoking a fat cigar everytime, mean mugging everyone.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="kesselll" data-cite="kesselll" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41263" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> Vicious and Delicious ( for Sid and MIke/w Orndorff)</p><p> </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Only problem I could see here is that WCW had a tag team by this name. Want to say it was Buff Bagwell and Scott Norton. Was Bagwell and somebody burly like that at any rate.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="VonnyFortan" data-cite="VonnyFortan" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41263" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I've put Ricky Steamboat and Bam Bam Bigelow together on The Main Event mod playthrough and they've recently won the WWF Tag Team Championship from Hercules and Virgil. However the current name for the team "Fire Breath" just doesn't come across as any sort of unique to me. Any ideas?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Beasts from the East!</p>