Worker's Potential

I am having a difficulty finding information about worker's potential. Can someone please briefly explain me about the 'potential' that we can set up before we start the game??

For example, if I were to set all the workers' potentials to the highest (excellent), would ALL the workers eventually be 'hall of famers' in their abilities or popularities in their primes?

I would like to set them highest so that whoever I want to push has an enough potential to break the celing, but I am little bit worried about the in-game unbalance it may cause after a few years of playing..

Thank you.

They'll all have a high ceiling. Some higher than others based on age.

They still have to grow through the right develop and avoid career altering injuries.

So no, not everyone will be HOFers.

I'm 90% sure this guy is 100$ correct :)

I've done a few long games and it seems the potential refers to how high a worker's stats can go. Ive never seen a worker naturally develop stats that are all 100s. I think there are random caps, but they're all pretty darn high. And the game knows the max stat but doesn't necessarily make sure the stat gets that high. Injuries, wear and tear, physical decline, etc all come into play over a wrestler's career and may prevent him or her from hitting their maximum potential in any stat. Booking will help him or her hit their potential faster, but I dont think it will make their maximum possible number in a given stat any higher.

As far as hall of famers, just because they have great stats doesn't mean they'll have great careers. If you have 20 guys in one company with great stats, only a few of them will be longterm champions that main event all your shows and give the great matches if you let the AI book them.

If you change everyone's potential to max then there will be a ton on very high skilled workers, though there will still be some variance. A much better way to do this would be to go into the editor in-game and set whoever you want to push to max potential.

Even at highest the potential is still randomized. In the creative meeting you'll see they have two comments about the workers (if they are under a certain age I believe 31 for hot prospect and 29 for Next Big Thing) In Hot Prospect these are the comments in order of best to worst.

Overness

Huge Star

Sky's the Limit

Big Star

Break-Out

A Lot of Success

Dark Horse

In Ring Skill

Phenomenal

Fantastic

Exceptional

Really Fine

Very Very Good

Very Good

I've seen guys with greatest potential end up as low as Break-Out Star for overness and Really Fine for skill. I think Potential mainly deals with skill. As I know overness cap also takes into account Star Quality,

Don't forget the hidden destiny rolls, either. They will alter the workers' peaks regardless of their set potential.

The hidden destiny roll is what makes the variance. Its why one guy set with highest potential can be a Break-Out Star who will end up being Really Fine in the ring and another will end up being a Huge Star with the potential to be Phenomenal in the ring.

The hidden destiny roll is what makes the variance. Its why one guy set with highest potential can be a Break-Out Star who will end up being Really Fine in the ring and another will end up being a Huge Star with the potential to be Phenomenal in the ring.

Exactly. Not everybody will be a future legend simply because you gave them excellent potential.

Just wanted to make sure the OP takes that into account. :)

Even at highest the potential is still randomized. In the creative meeting you'll see they have two comments about the workers (if they are under a certain age I believe 31 for hot prospect and 29 for Next Big Thing) In Hot Prospect these are the comments in order of best to worst.

Overness

Huge Star

Sky's the Limit

Big Star

Break-Out

A Lot of Success

Dark Horse

In Ring Skill

Phenomenal

Fantastic

Exceptional

Really Fine

Very Very Good

Very Good

I've seen guys with greatest potential end up as low as Break-Out Star for overness and Really Fine for skill. I think Potential mainly deals with skill. As I know overness cap also takes into account Star Quality,

It's 29 and under for both.

Minor note: The text has changed slightly in 2016. "Very Good" has been replaced with "Pretty Good".

Don't worry about ever seeing "phenomenal." Generally the only workers who get that tag are workers who start at that level (1996 Chris Benoit is the only one I've ever seen).

In one of my 96' games, Mabel wound up as Huge Star/Pretty Good. That's amazingly irritating.

• 3 years later...