I like the Boys From the Yukon. Very Canadian. Big dudes who look the part and have some experience. Also really cheap. I always want to bring in Thunder & Lightning from 4C, but while their look is undercard, their price tag isn't.

For lower end teams popularity isn't really an issue. Just being on TV will get them to E fairly quickly and that's fine for an undercard act.

What do people normally do with Shane Nelson and Ryan Powell? They would be pretty easy to get rid of, but their descriptions made me really want to keep them on the roster and do something and I'm pretty happy that I've managed to get Nelson into a good tag team championship run with Warren Technique and Powell into a pretty good Canadian championship feud where I think I'm going to have him win it. They seem like people who would be good for personal challenges a la the <a href="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=541853" rel="external nofollow">Give Me Rules For a Game</a> thread.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="LloydCross" data-cite="LloydCross" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41392" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>What do people normally do with Shane Nelson and Ryan Powell? They would be pretty easy to get rid of, but their descriptions made me really want to keep them on the roster and do something and I'm pretty happy that I've managed to get Nelson into a good tag team championship run with Warren Technique and Powell into a pretty good Canadian championship feud where I think I'm going to have him win it. They seem like people who would be good for personal challenges a la the <a href="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=541853" rel="external nofollow">Give Me Rules For a Game</a> thread.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I use Nelson as a bit of a gatekeeper into the upper midcard for the heels I'm building up. In my current game (just finished the first year), he's had feuds with Blockbuster, Davis Wayne Newton, Thrill Seeker, and Jack Griffith at different points. He's pretty solidly in the midcard right now (hovering around D+/C- popularity).</p><p> </p><p> Powell I always struggle with, I find him to be a bland character, so I typically try to find a tag team partner for him. In my current game, I ended up releasing him towards the end of the year because he was causing a ton of trouble backstage, but before that, he was teaming with Antonio.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="misterioso" data-cite="misterioso" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41392" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I use Nelson as a bit of a gatekeeper into the upper midcard for the heels I'm building up. In my current game (just finished the first year), he's had feuds with Blockbuster, Davis Wayne Newton, Thrill Seeker, and Jack Griffith at different points. He's pretty solidly in the midcard right now (hovering around D+/C- popularity).<p> </p><p> Powell I always struggle with, I find him to be a bland character, so I typically try to find a tag team partner for him. In my current game, I ended up releasing him towards the end of the year because he was causing a ton of trouble backstage, but before that, he was teaming with Antonio.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Interesting. I looked for a partner for Powell too but didn't get anything I liked. That said, I always saw more potential in him since he can be a heel and face whereas Nelson felt pretty one dimensional. Never had much in the way of backstage problems since without even really trying I got enough positive influences added to the roster to get the rating up to 100%.</p>

<p>I was a big fan of Powell in the older games. He would often be the midcard heel that I'd elevate to 'undeserving' champion, cheating with relentless aplomb. As time and TEW versions have gone on, it feels like the ship has sailed on him as a true main eventer, to the point where it's part of his narrative in TEW2016. </p><p> </p><p>

Best uses I've had out of him have always come from alts making his look more interesting. Joining a feather-boa-fabulous trio with Eddie Chandler & Trent Shaffer. Becoming white-rapper extraordinaire V-Ry. Agreeing to a "Loser becomes a Clown" match and becoming Whippy's extremely reluctant partner "Pow-Wow The Clown". I like humiliating him. It's a shame that he causes so many backstage problem and usually ends up fired.</p><p> </p><p>

Shane's the guy that gets lost in my shuffle. Joining a tag team feels like such a step backwards in his career, yet he's too small to really push. I did one flash-forward game to 2018, where he started as Canadian and Tag Team Champions, which was a cool setup. The mysterious new masked member of the Soldiers of Fortune... I forget his name. Chaos? Confusion? There was some kind of unpredictability pun in there.</p>

• 6 months later...

<p>Finally found the inspiration and willing to start and commit to a CGC game.</p><p>

Using Steve as my UC (backstory is that George intervened, fed up seeing his creation floundering and wanting to save the company, and helped negotiate Steve's return without Alex knowing. All 4 DeColt boys now make up a booking committee. I have the power and popularity of Steve at my disposal but I'm gonna hold off til the DWF for his return. 3 long months).</p><p> </p><p>

BBS and Findlay O'Farraday are the first signings. Gonna be repacked as Bulldozer Brandon and Steamroller Samson and appropriately named Heavy Machinery. Seems Sports Entertainy enough and hopefully they'll bring some life to the tag divison. I like names of alliteration as you'll see. </p><p> </p><p>

Intrepid Ian is gonna be repacked as Antoine DeColt. Start off as a tweener. Baby face moveset and high fives the fans but is odd with his 'cousins' as they don't fully embrace him and as his obsession with the DeColts grows he will eventually turn heel as his mental instability worsens. It'll turn out that Steve DeColt was brainwashing Antoine from afar and convincing him of his non-existent DeColt heritage. The two will form a unit that will grow after the DWF to take out the heroes of CGC with an eventual in ring return for Alex (found out he's not in decline) </p><p> </p><p>

David Wayne Newton and Greg Gauge will be debuting as the fabulous heel team of Dashing Dallas Newton and Gorgeous Gregory Gauge. No team name for them yet. Suggestions welcome. Ernest Youngman will enter the fray as a Canadian Hero-esque wrestling machine in the vain of babyface Bret Hart. </p><p> </p><p>

Was also considering bringing in Hell's Bouncer, renaming him Beelzebob, and putting him with Gargantuan and Prometheus as a monster stable. Maybe led by Adrian Garcia? </p><p> </p><p>

That's all the plans and I've not even booked my first show yet but the ideas and inspiration are there so hopefully it lasts. </p><p>

Anyone else in a CGC save just now that wants to share their ideas and inspiration?</p>