To go with the other promotion threads, I figured I'd start a CGC discussion/guide thread. If you have CGC related questions or reactions, this would be as good a place as any to put them.

Starting Circumstances

To start, I want to say "Wow...". CGC is in a bad way.

To those who haven't looked yet or who aren't familiar with CGC, CGC used to be owned by George DeColt, an old school guy, and the company was built around the three, active DeColt sons: Alex, Jack, and Ricky. They were kind of like the Von Erichs in real life in that they're brothers, popular, and talented. They were all generally booked like John Cena in that they'd always overcome the odds and come out on top.

George eventually retired and Alex took over ownership. The company was left in really good shape. While NOTBPW was a bigger company, it was more of a traditional, ring-work oriented promotion and CGC was sports-entertainment with lots of charismatic workers AND in-ring talent.

However, since TEW 2013's database, everything kind of fell apart. Alex has been gradually going crazy from the pressure and responsibility of running the promotion and this has led to bad decisions and arguments with his employees. Many of the biggest talents have moved on to other promotions, including young star Trent Shaffer, veteran Eddie Chandler, ring general Shooter Sean Deeley, and Nate Johnson, who was caught having an affair with Jack DeColt's wife (both ran away from the company). Alex himself has also retired from in-ring competition to focus on running the company. This has left the company smaller, with less momentum, and with fewer tools for building the brand. Also, most workers are now under pay-per-appearance contracts to start, which puts them at risk of being poached by rivals.

Advice/Comments

Having played with CGC in the demo, here are some things I can say that might help stop the bleeding:

• Lock down everybody you know you want with a written deal. CGC are still Cult (the smallest size that can do written deals) and can't afford to lose Ricky DeColt (Jack is already under a written), or most of the other main-eventers.
  • CGC starts with a lot of untalented hosses. If you're a fan of big, menacing guys who are terrible in the ring, hang onto them, but I dumped guys like Prometheus and Blockbuster right away. Gargantuan is also very poor in the ring, and a bad locker room influence, but he's popular and is decent enough to be carried, so I hold onto him.
  • Jack DeColt starts as CGC's figurehead. This means you're probably going to want to keep him at the top of the card. He's a fairly good figurehead, but he's 38 and might start declining at any time. Ricky is talented and young, so you should perhaps get him into position to take over when Jack can't carry the company anymore.
  • At C- popularity across Canada, you shouldn't have too much difficulty at least maintaining popularity. I know I got an A segment out of Jack making a revenge attack on Gargantuan and a main event scene with crowd investment can carry the rest of the product. However, don't immediately completely overhaul the roster with new unknowns. Leverage the popularity of the older/less talented roster members to get new acqusitions over before dumping them.
  • CGC can get a deal to upgrade their event coverage from U-Demand Canada to Pay-Per-View Services at the start, which is probably a good idea.
  • Hire Sayeed Ali.

So...

That's my initial take on CGC. If anybody has advice or comments, feel free to have your say.

Despite the hype and the flavour text, I don't think CGC are in that bad a way. They're definitely a level below what they were in the last game, but it seems to have all scaled to me. They'll output weaker shows, but they require weaker shows to gain popularity and momentum. So long as you lean on your figurehead, Jack DeColt (and so long as he isn't in decline) it's not too hard to stay afloat. Trent, Chandler, Johnson & Deeley were excellent workers... but CGC isn't about the workrate. Popularity is king.

I did two demo games with CGC, and only had Ricky get poached, so I wouldn't be too worried about that right away. Too many written deals could be expensive.

Also... I like Blockbuster. He seems a lot better than he was in the last game. Consistently delivering for me, in his midcard role.

Trent, Chandler, Johnson & Deeley were excellent workers... but CGC isn't about the workrate. Popularity is king.

I mean, they were also quite popular. :p (Chandler, especially.)

I did two demo games with CGC, and only had Ricky get poached, so I wouldn't be too worried about that right away. Too many written deals could be expensive.

I'm in the process of getting Ricky, Gargantuan, Price, Thrill Seeker, and Dunn under writtens, just in case.

Also... I like Blockbuster. He seems a lot better than he was in the last game. Consistently delivering for me, in his midcard role.

I mean, if you want to be realistic, dropping him for no reason vacates the Canadian title and that doesn't seem right, but I just don't see him having much of a future for me.

Despite the hype and the flavour text, I don't think CGC are in that bad a way. They're definitely a level below what they were in the last game, but it seems to have all scaled to me. They'll output weaker shows, but they require weaker shows to gain popularity and momentum. So long as you lean on your figurehead, Jack DeColt (and so long as he isn't in decline) it's not too hard to stay afloat.

From a couple of quick CGC games in the demo, I'm with Self here. I actually think you can argue CGC's in a better position than NOTBPW - it seems relatively easy to improve on your current position with Jack DeColt or Jack/Price against midcarders being okay as a main event to raise your popularity, compared to NOTBPW where you need to be using top guys against each other, from what I could see in a brief test run.

I started a CGC save during the trial and have found the promotion very interesting to book.

The first thing I done was sign Bulldozer Brandon Smith, Greg Gauge and Ernest Youngman to deals. I've debuted them as an American Invasion type stable and plan to build them up and feud with the Jack and Ricky DeColt about a year down the line.

The February event titled Luck of the draw I turned into a royal rumble type event where the winner gets a world title match at WrestleFestival (which I have made just a one night event instead of a two show event as set at the start of the game).

Donte Dunn won the Canadian title from Blockbuster at the February PPV. I am planning for him to be moved up to the main event towards the summer time.

Here is my pre booked card for Wrestlefestival which is about a month away in game time.

http://imgur.com/f5tbplI

The February event titled Luck of the draw I turned into a royal rumble type event where the winner gets a world title match at WrestleFestival (which I have made just a one night event instead of a two show event as set at the start of the game).

My Royal Rumble PPV is Last Man Standing. I make Elimination like Survivor Series, Luck of the Draw has "random" stipulations or match-ups, Chaos in the Cage usually has several cage matches, in the Company of Legends has a tournament, and Chamber of Horrors has an Elimination Chamber style match.

• Like 1

I've had luck pairing up Drake, I Cube and Skip Beau as a New Day-esque comedy group called Most Excellent and I got real lucky in my game because Ryan Powell made I Cube his protege.

Even if you kept Drake out of the ring, he's definitely a serviceable manager in the Xavier Woods vein :cool:

My Royal Rumble PPV is Last Man Standing. I make Elimination like Survivor Series, Luck of the Draw has "random" stipulations or match-ups, Chaos in the Cage usually has several cage matches, in the Company of Legends has a tournament, and Chamber of Horrors has an Elimination Chamber style match.

Mine's similar. I'll be following this plan in my diary game.

Elimination - Survivor Series team matches.

Luck of the Draw - Fighters get randomly assigned weapons, often comedy ones.

WrestleFestival - Big outdoor festival season finale. Typically involves another company being invited to participate, but Alex opposes alliances now, so I dunno. Guest stars?

Chaos In The Cage - Cage Matches

In The Company of Legends - Hall of Fame inductions

Ultimate Showdown - End of the Ultimate Showdown Series, which is a two month round robin league.

The Battle Beyond - Bog standard

Last Man Standing - Royal Rumble, but entry order isn't random. It's determined by fan voting (popularity)

Apolcalypse - Bog standard

Survival of the Fittest - Fitness competition angles! Gladiators style. I make it a 'shoot' by using WreSpi stats.

Chamber of Horrors - Big Chamber. More Hell in a Cell than Elimination Chamber

Apparently the big ones are WrestleFestival 1 & 2 (Historic), then Elimination, Survival of the Fittest, and In The Company of Legends (Highly Regarded). I feel bad now because those last two have always been minor to me. Goofy fitness competition on a lukewarm midway point to the Ultimate Showdown Series.

• Like 1

building up to WrestleFest

first time playing as booker (RickyDeColt)of CGC.

Main feud has been Gargantuan vs Jack, with Alex getting involved. Gargantuan got rage DQ'd vs Jack in the Feb. PPV and Jack has been limited to cutting promos in anticipation of their rematch which will end up at the festival.

Dalay got a tainted win over Price at the Feb PPV, Thrill Seeker did the same over RIcky.

Zeus turned heel, beating up his partner Grayson saying he was holding him back from his destiny, and that the gods have told him it's his time NOW.

The Predators eeked out a tainted win over The Dirty White Boys and are now pushing as midcarders. White Boys will probably win the feud and the Titles for one last reign as Lead Belly just entered time decline.

Blockbuster has had a number of squashes and now pushes(prematurely to my liking ) as an upper mid Canadian Champ, but is avoiding the challenge of Bobby Thomas and his new manager, Faith.

I've done a lot of meddling and gained a number of strong friendships between planned long-term employees.

I signed Prometheus to a new ppa contract that allows him on all shows and he's squashing local jobbers on the B show.

Had a 2 hour B show on the same network as the A show but lowered it back to 1 hour after i suffered a large financial loss in February.

Ryan Powell was jobbed out and his contract expired, resigned Phillip LaGrenier. SIgned New Soldiers of Fortune to new ppa "pass the torch" contracts

Tried to sign Cameron Vessey and Steven Parker to be beat out. Any recommended signings ?

About a month and a half in and really enjoying CGC in this game.

My headline feud up to Luck of the Draw has been Jack vs Del Veccio + Prometheus. Borrowing from Self, had ADV as the young wrestler of the year qualifying for a title shot. Gonna have him face Jack in a no DQ match which is basically a handicap match with Jack overcoming the odds again.

All this is to keep Gargantuan away from the title picture until Wrestlefestival when him and Jack will face off.

He's already put Ryan Powell on the shelf and will beat Seeker & Price at Luck of the Draw in a number one contenders match

Current plan is to have Jack retain at Wrestlefestival, only for the feud to continue as Gargantuan kidnaps Hotstuff Marie (hired lookalike) and then wins the title at Chaos in the Cage.

Its definitely harder this time out but the need to re-build the main event makes CGC a much more dynamic and interesting challenge than in 2013

My main signings are Roger Cage, Kirk Jameson, Greg Gauge and Davis Wayne Newton. These are the key guys to reform Garcia's Elite.

I already have tag chemistry between Cage and Jameson plus chemistry with Gauge as a manager.

I also tried to get Alex to allow me to start a Women's Division but he is currently against it.

<p>Finishing DeColt Wrestlefeat tonight and still having a lot of fun with CGC. A few observations from my side:</p><p> </p><p>

1. Do you keep Ricky or let him go might be one of the first questions. To keep the van Erich story alive I decided to keep Ricky but had to pay him over 30k, which I will see if longtime was very clever...</p><p> </p><p>

2. The main event scene needs reworking. Who do you push? </p><p> </p><p>

3. World Champion: I am giving the title to Gargantuan but who is next? I am thinking Price but not sure where to go from there as the DeColts are still the strongest asset</p><p> </p><p>

4. Struggling a bit with the tag team scene as none of the teams from the start of the game really excite me..</p>

<p>I'm 6 weeks into my CGC game, which is the furthest i've ever been on a C-verse game.</p><p> </p><p>

First PPV I had Gartanguan destroy Jack DeColt after his title defence, Jack hasn't appeared since and Gartanguan is demanding he is awarded the title. Jack will come back next week and challenge him at the next PPV. </p><p> </p><p>

I am planning of having Gartanguan loose due to DQ when he looses control. Now I was planning on Ricky DeColt (who beat Thrill seeker earlier in the PPV to make it 4-3) coming out teasing a save only to join in on the attack on Decolt, how does that sound?</p><p> </p><p>

I have also debuted a stable called the brotherhood which contains Ernest Youngman, Kirk Jameson and Greg Gauge. I am playing them off as outsiders (that dont work for CGC, but are using CGC to get noticed) that have jumped the barrier and jumped numerous wrestlers including Alex DeColt. I was thinking of getting them involved (maybe even instead of Gartanguan)?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Skywalker1976" data-cite="Skywalker1976" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41392" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>1. Do you keep Ricky or let him go might be one of the first questions. To keep the van Erich story alive I decided to keep Ricky but had to pay him over 30k, which I will see if longtime was very clever...</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Awesome. The Von Erichs are the same real life comparison I always had for them.</p>

<p>The CGC roster has always bored me, but a game with them with Steve DeColt as the user (either as Booker or owner) could he fun. Steve comes back and saves the day. That sort of thing. Doesn't hurt that he is my favorite character in the C-verse, probably. </p><p> </p><p>

Booking him as a heel against Alex and the established faces could be fun as well. Maybe bring some young guys with him to form a stable and rebuild some of the mid-card.</p>

• 2 weeks later...

<p>Okay, I'm in april of 2016 and things are looking great. I was MAW, but got bored of pushing Architect to the moon and decided to play as CGC. Usually people like Marat wouldn't even talk to me, but now he's actually discussing coming to CGC. He has accepted a written deal for 20k a month for 2 years and I am going to have him win the CGC World Heavyweight Championship(Formerly CWF National Championship) in his debut against Jack DeColt. I also have Marc Dubois coming in along with Peter Michaels, The McWades, Genghis Kahn, and Joe Sexy who was released by the SWF.</p><p> </p><p>

Joe Sexy is in a feud with Blockbuster for the Canadian championship which he'll win so Blockbuster can move up the card and Joe Sexy can be my Gatekeeper/midcard royalty until he is utterly useless.</p><p> </p><p>

Marc Dubios is going to come in with Marat as a unit and basically serve as Marat's mouthpiece. Marat will feud with Jack DeColt over the championship and since I'm an pop over perf fed I'm expecting great results from these two. Dubios will have his hands full with Price as he'll be used as Jack's reinforcements.</p><p> </p><p>

The McWades will of course be crowned as the new tag champs in order to give a slight bump in the tag division and feud with The Predators.</p><p> </p><p>

The newly introduced CGC International championship was awarded to Thomas Morgan(UC) and is the low level championship. It'll be used to test wrestler further down the roster to see just what they can do and seeing as how I trust Morgan even if he wasn't my UC it'll be fun to see what feuds can come around and elevate the title and the wrestlers involved.</p><p> </p><p>

NOTBPW better watch out because the arrival of Marat alone will have us producing much better shows of the 80's variety.</p>

I just finished a year with CGC. I'll be able to give a more detailed update when I'm home. But quick notes:

"We got company of the year for 2016"

"We also got most improved company of the year for 2016"

• 6 months later...

<p>Honestly, CGC may be even easier for me to book than USPW was in the past. </p><p> </p><p>

Jack and Ricky are great workers, and fairly popular, so just leveraging them for good main event matches will do the trick.</p><p> </p><p>

I locked down Donte Dunn, Gargantuan, Christian Price, Ricky DeColt, ADV, etc. to written deals.</p><p> </p><p>

Removed most of the crap hosses (only Blockbuster is left and maybe not for long) and declining wrestlers. Got Bulldozer Brandon, Primus Allen, Sayeed Ali, Findlay O Farraday as my new breed of hosses.</p><p> </p><p>

Took Joe Sexy from SWF, Joel Bryant from TCW and Elmo Benson so I could team him up with Greg Black again to revitalize the tag division.</p><p> </p><p>

Signed Peter Michaels from the gate, now have my entire broadcast team on Written deals.</p><p> </p><p>

Now I have two shows: Title Bout shown only in Canada, and Superstars of Canada which is a one hour A show airing everywhere but Australia.</p><p> </p><p>

We have about 65 Pop across Canada. Hopefully by late 2017 we have enough overness worldwide to move up some spots in the company wars.</p><p> </p><p>

The most radical move I made was starting a Women's Division to combat NOTBPW's Women's Division. My top Female talent are Emma Bitch, Cherry Bomb, and Gorgon. I'm currently building up Katherine Goodlooks, Paige Croft, and Zoe Ammis to grow to their level eventually.</p><p> </p><p>

Really the trick to CGC is patience. For some reason they don't gain popularity as fast IMO or at least it doesn't feel like they do. Just treat it as a marathon. Keep booking with your best foot forward every show, push who needs to be pushed, and eventually you can restore CGC to its former glory.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Macca316" data-cite="Macca316" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41392" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>So what do you guys do with the Tag Team scene? its an utter shambles and other than the McWade brothers I can't really think who to bring in as a good fit?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Rockin' Ryan Turner and Stan Manna to job, I'd also recommend raiding GSW's tag teams. And most of the CGC roster is becoming old and crappy so what better way to give a young future singles star some exposure than putting them in a team with a jobber partner that you can kick to the curb once they get some popularity.</p>

• 3 weeks later...

<p>First try as CGC and I am loving it. I brought back The Fighting Irish, this time as babyfaces to face The Predators. "Stole" a bunch of 4C and ACPW talents (all on pay per apperance deals except Atherton and Frankie Dee who I locked up) to kick-start the lower end of the card and to (hopefully) help improve some of the Hosses skills. </p><p> </p><p>

How hard is it to get someone with 0 pop in Canada and push him as something other than a jobber? Much like the tips provided, I am looking at the next generation of hosses, but dont have a clue how to get them over.</p>

<p>I want a good game with them however a block in my head is the Decolt family. I see it as the Von Eric's, like if WCCW lasted longer and there were no Von Eric's it wouldn't feel like WCCW. I feel the same here.</p><p> </p><p>

I the game I started I thought about creating new Decolts. As long term Ricky is the only option. I looked at the guys allready with CGC and noticed Intrepid Ian Identity, his bio states he looks like a Decolt so I made him a Decolt with the hope he had a good roll.. looking back he was a bad choice and although he is above average stats wise, he's not quite Decolt standard . Maybe he could play a roll to as a familly member to for story purposes as the black sheep performance wise of the family. Although thought I'm making my created user character Chris Decolt.</p><p> </p><p>

Potentially Steve comes in as a heel and bring Ian and my User in to stick it to the rest of the family and take the company. </p><p> </p><p>

I may give this another play.</p><p> </p><p>

I don't like Gargantuan. I just can't bring myself to book monsters with no talent. I may just use him to put over a midcarder I want up the card.. or try and learn how to book him.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

On my CZCW game NOTBW went out of business couple years in.. would make it interesting if it does it on this save.</p><p> </p><p>

Real Stones v Decolt feud. </p><p> </p><p>

As for guys to bring in. Tag division and bolstering the lower reaches I would look at CZCW the Wild Cats, Spillane & Malloy. Jackpot & Idol. </p><p> </p><p>

California Love Machine can develop into main event player. He can put on high 80 rated matches. So he would be a guy I'd build up gradually over a 2 years.</p>