<p>Interesting with a Development Company...I don't know if it's a habit left over from the old EWR days but I've never thought about opening one up below National. I'll probably hold off on it until I hit National and start making some money.</p><p> </p><p>

I did manage to sign Working Agreements with TCW and NOTBPW...and Alex patched up things with Steve...only for Steve to sign with USPW. This has allowed me somewhat to limit my roster, although I did make a few signing.</p><p> </p><p>

I did manage to sign Edd Stone...and so badly plan on running a story where he may or may not be the illegitimate son of George DeColt...and challenge Alex and Jack for the Company...and for the time being I have him and Gargantuan paired up. Price is currently feuding with them.</p><p> </p><p>

The Team of Joey Poison and Davis Wayne Newton just won the tag titles from Benson and Black. I may have my UC and Triple I take the titles off of them...or I may tie Ian into the Edd Stone/DeColt story...or Both!</p><p> </p><p>

The Canadian Title..I've hit a rut...I did sign Ross Henry and he's been good and improving...I did have him take the title off of Blockbuster, I'm just not sure where to go for here though.</p><p> </p><p>

Some fat has been slowly cut from the roster..I brought in the McWades for a short run they're gone...so are the New Soldiers of Fortune...Parent gone. </p><p> </p><p>

And the big thing I want to try..and sink money into is to rehab Marc Dubois...was high twice so I sent him to rehab which he was happy about. So I'm hoping I can turn him around and him to a big piece of the Company.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Hashasheen" data-cite="Hashasheen" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41392" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Whenever I do a bigger territory BP, I usually have a dark weekly live event where I build up popularity for my new recruits before I "introduce them" on television. It helps though that I cut television time to an hour or an hour and a half, because then I can use that as a mini-highlight real with some main eventers versus some workhorse jobbers, ala an early WWF Raw style. <p> </p><p> For CGC, maybe use that to push down some of the older veterans and push up your new guys, and pass over some performance skills and the like. You talked about Stampede house shows, so think of it like that where they'd send guys way up north into Alberta and Sasketchewan on a skeleton crew with a couple of top stars.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Not a bad idea at all. I could do that instead of a B show. I did something quite similar in my version of the WCW Lives mod. I run a weekly tour show in Canada - there isn't a Canadian broadcaster that will carry WCW for the first 4-5 months, so its a way to keep the company popularity up without being seen there otherwise. </p><p> </p><p> One thing I don't love about the Cverse that I just realized - there aren't that many locals available in Canada. I love using them on B shows and these kind of "house" shows. Wish there were more. </p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="lghikas" data-cite="lghikas" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41392" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Interesting with a Development Company...I don't know if it's a habit left over from the old EWR days but I've never thought about opening one up below National. I'll probably hold off on it until I hit National and start making some money.<p> </p><p> I did manage to sign Working Agreements with TCW and NOTBPW...and Alex patched up things with Steve...only for Steve to sign with USPW. This has allowed me somewhat to limit my roster, although I did make a few signing.</p><p> </p><p> I did manage to sign Edd Stone...and so badly plan on running a story where he may or may not be the illegitimate son of George DeColt...and challenge Alex and Jack for the Company...and for the time being I have him and Gargantuan paired up. Price is currently feuding with them.</p><p> </p><p> The Team of Joey Poison and Davis Wayne Newton just won the tag titles from Benson and Black. I may have my UC and Triple I take the titles off of them...or I may tie Ian into the Edd Stone/DeColt story...or Both!</p><p> </p><p> The Canadian Title..I've hit a rut...I did sign Ross Henry and he's been good and improving...I did have him take the title off of Blockbuster, I'm just not sure where to go for here though.</p><p> </p><p> Some fat has been slowly cut from the roster..I brought in the McWades for a short run they're gone...so are the New Soldiers of Fortune...Parent gone. </p><p> </p><p> And the big thing I want to try..and sink money into is to rehab Marc Dubois...was high twice so I sent him to rehab which he was happy about. So I'm hoping I can turn him around and him to a big piece of the Company.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> If you can sign workers to written deals, a developmental company can be done. I usually open one at the smallest size, so its only $100k. And I put it on a touring schedule. Helps build tag experience. The CGC product is pretty low-impact, so not much risk in physically wrecking the youngsters. ACPW and 4C guys will improve more in that than leaving them with their current employers. </p><p> </p><p> Bringing Steve back would be so fun. Hope he didn't sign with USPW too long-term. </p><p> </p><p> Illegitimate Edd sounds like pure SE. Love it. </p><p> </p><p> If you aren't doing anything useful with the Canadian title, do something fun with it. Bounce it around the midcard - even if it kills the prestige, you can build it back up. Or have someone do open challenges but keep losing in cheap ways - disquals, count outs, etc.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="lghikas" data-cite="lghikas" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41392" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Interesting with a Development Company...I don't know if it's a habit left over from the old EWR days but I've never thought about opening one up below National. I'll probably hold off on it until I hit National and start making some money.<p> </p><p> </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> What you can do is set it at Regional (Small, Medium or Large) and then set it in Quebec. They'll automatically qualify for a TV Deal with Q-TV, and they'll probably sign a deal for events on their own. (I'd briefly use the "Add a Player" cheat as whoever you assign the booker, and make sure you cut a weekly TV deal, too, as Regional companies seldom, if ever, add weekly shows on their own). That should even out the costs, and with Quebec's high spillover rate, will get your developmental guys some pop in nearby areas without too much effort.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Bigpapa42" data-cite="Bigpapa42" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41392" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> Ah, Self's work. Always worth a read.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Probably the only writer who I'd love a new project from. Shame he's stayed off the dynasty board. But that's life as they say. </p><p> </p><p> In terms of CGC, I've played a few months with them (Diary, save got corrupted) and in all honestly, other than the tag division, I find their roster to be rather fun. You have Price, ADV, Poison, Jack, Ricky (If you keep him), Zeus and Seeker as viable top of the card options. There is talent in the company, you just have to build it. Plus, there's plenty of talent in the indies as well to take advantage of. I think CGC is fine if you play your cards right.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Bigpapa42" data-cite="Bigpapa42" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41392" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Not a bad idea at all. I could do that instead of a B show. I did something quite similar in my version of the WCW Lives mod. I run a weekly tour show in Canada - there isn't a Canadian broadcaster that will carry WCW for the first 4-5 months, so its a way to keep the company popularity up without being seen there otherwise. <p> </p><p> One thing I don't love about the Cverse that I just realized - there aren't that many locals available in Canada. I love using them on B shows and these kind of "house" shows. Wish there were more. </p></div></blockquote> Yeah, I wind up relocating a lot of American and Australian wrestlers over to Canada and change their nationalities to help with that. <p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41392" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> If you can sign workers to written deals, a developmental company can be done. I usually open one at the smallest size, so its only $100k. And I put it on a touring schedule. Helps build tag experience. The CGC product is pretty low-impact, so not much risk in physically wrecking the youngsters. ACPW and 4C guys will improve more in that than leaving them with their current employers.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Dangerous when you give independents a weekly show to run. They either go bankrupt or become a super-indie in a region churning out C+ events like nobody's business. I did it once with every regional and small promotion and it just blew open the ceiling for independent main events wide open.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Matt_Black" data-cite="Matt_Black" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41392" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>What you can do is set it at Regional (Small, Medium or Large) and then set it in Quebec. They'll automatically qualify for a TV Deal with Q-TV, and they'll probably sign a deal for events on their own. (I'd briefly use the "Add a Player" cheat as whoever you assign the booker, and make sure you cut a weekly TV deal, too, as Regional companies seldom, if ever, add weekly shows on their own). That should even out the costs, and with Quebec's high spillover rate, will get your developmental guys some pop in nearby areas without too much effort.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Bigpapa42" data-cite="Bigpapa42" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41392" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>If you can sign workers to written deals, a developmental company can be done. I usually open one at the smallest size, so its only $100k. And I put it on a touring schedule. Helps build tag experience. The CGC product is pretty low-impact, so not much risk in physically wrecking the youngsters. ACPW and 4C guys will improve more in that than leaving them with their current employers. <p> </p><p> Bringing Steve back would be so fun. Hope he didn't sign with USPW too long-term. </p><p> </p><p> Illegitimate Edd sounds like pure SE. Love it. </p><p> </p><p> If you aren't doing anything useful with the Canadian title, do something fun with it. Bounce it around the midcard - even if it kills the prestige, you can build it back up. Or have someone do open challenges but keep losing in cheap ways - disquals, count outs, etc.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I don't know if I'll do it now or just wait...but when I do open a development company..I'll probably definitely do this stuff...usually a touring schedule is my go too.</p><p> </p><p> If I stick with this game I hope I can bring Steve back...USPW wanted nothing with a Working Agreement...not that I expected anything different. He unfortunately is on a steady Time Decline just viewing his stats but he would be a huge addition just from a story perspective...or at the least as a Authority Figure/Manager.</p><p> </p><p> I did a game where he was my UC and he returned to CGC which is an interesting idea but the game didn't work out as well as I had hoped. Won't lie though if he wasn't on Time Decline...I'd be tempted to edit his contract in the editor to sign him. I just see him returning to CGC before all is said and done.</p><p> </p><p> Edd DeColt is something I'm pretty excited to run with and will probably extend my time playing this game..if I had the time and talent to I be tempted to write a diary based around the possibilities. I was almost tempted to just play it straight and rename him Edd DeColt and have it be this CAMPY very SE story.</p><p> </p><p> Ross Henry I kind of want to move him on and into a possible tag team but I may have him just do open challenge and winning until I'm okay with putting the title on someone else..my thinking would be someone like Sayeed...Ernest Youngman or Greg Gauge.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Matt_Black" data-cite="Matt_Black" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41392" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div> (I'd briefly use the "Add a Player" cheat as whoever you assign the booker, and make sure you cut a weekly TV deal, too, as Regional companies seldom, if ever, add weekly shows on their own). </div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Disregard this part. I just learned you can't actually do this. MAN.</p>

<p>So started over with CGC. Not doing things massively differently, but decided against adding a B show right away. Been running a weekly "tour" event instead. That's helping the bottom line but having to book a show that will grade reasonably makes it a bit less appealing than the B show in terms of developing the younger talent. Might switch to a B show in a few months. </p><p> </p><p>

Made a couple less signings, and a couple of them on PPA instead of Written deals. USPW got Nelson Callum and Masked Cougar this time, but I once again managed to keep Ricky. A bit heel heavy right now because of those signings, but I can even that out with developmental callups. and lack of local options is still workable with borrow from development. </p><p> </p><p>

Getting C+ and B- shows pretty regular. Good growth. Spamming the hell out of the DeColt boys. Jon, you would hate it.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Bigpapa42" data-cite="Bigpapa42" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41392" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>So started over with CGC. Not doing things massively differently, but decided against adding a B show right away. Been running a weekly "tour" event instead. That's helping the bottom line but having to book a show that will grade reasonably makes it a bit less appealing than the B show in terms of developing the younger talent. Might switch to a B show in a few months. <p> </p><p> Made a couple less signings, and a couple of them on PPA instead of Written deals. USPW got Nelson Callum and Masked Cougar this time, but I once again managed to keep Ricky. A bit heel heavy right now because of those signings, but I can even that out with developmental callups. and lack of local options is still workable with borrow from development. </p><p> </p><p> Getting C+ and B- shows pretty regular. Good growth. Spamming the hell out of the DeColt boys. Jon, you would hate it.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Should be spamming the hell out of Prometheus & Gargantuan. I believe you may be doing it wrong.</p>

Are your normal grades not enough to cover the losses in pop caused by the live weekly show being a training ground?

Yes and no. If I'm getting B- pretty consistently with most TV and PPVs but only getting C- and D+ with the tour shows, its not necessarily going to mean no progress, but it will mean slower progress. I'm not overly rushed in the chase for national, but better popularity means better attendance, more income, etc.

I shouldn't may it out like a tour show is tough to book. I've already fallen into a bit of a routine. A reasonable main event - probably a tag or 3v3 - and a bunch of other top names in a multi-tag, so that most of the roster above midcard is wrestling. I got burned by this kind of show on another save when I treated it more like a B show, and some upper card guys got annoyed that they were left off. Then a couple of angles. I just avoid having too many throwaway matches and angles tho. I can put them on the pre-show.

Should be spamming the hell out of Prometheus & Gargantuan. I believe you may be doing it wrong.

I'm always doing it wrong, Jon. Story of my life.

Gargantuan is getting plenty of face-time. Main reason he's not getting an undefeated monster Brock push is that I don't want to make his personality worse. So he's been on the losing side in some tag matches where he doesn't eat the pin. Popularity has still gone up a grade in the first month.

Prometheus just ain't ready so he's in developmental. Blockbuster is a step below both guys in terms of potential as a monster but he's probably gonna join Prome in developmental once I take the Canadian title off of him.

Through the first month. Quite a few near the top of the card have gained popularity, which is nice. But lost over $500K. Of that, $100K was opening the developmental and a good chunk was signing the developmental talent plus all the PPA talent I put on written deals. The tour shows have really helped. But worried I'm still gonna be losing money month to month going forward. I guess long-term it should be fine as the good show grades will gradually grow us toward national, the talent I've locked down will be more than capable of carrying us, and the transition from current talent that's aging to the new generation should be fairly smooth if I can do it over the next year or so in-game. But I just don't like losing money lol

Yes and no. If I'm getting B- pretty consistently with most TV and PPVs but only getting C- and D+ with the tour shows, its not necessarily going to mean no progress, but it will mean slower progress. I'm not overly rushed in the chase for national, but better popularity means better attendance, more income, etc.

I shouldn't may it out like a tour show is tough to book. I've already fallen into a bit of a routine. A reasonable main event - probably a tag or 3v3 - and a bunch of other top names in a multi-tag, so that most of the roster above midcard is wrestling. I got burned by this kind of show on another save when I treated it more like a B show, and some upper card guys got annoyed that they were left off. Then a couple of angles. I just avoid having too many throwaway matches and angles tho. I can put them on the pre-show.

I'm always doing it wrong, Jon. Story of my life.

Gargantuan is getting plenty of face-time. Main reason he's not getting an undefeated monster Brock push is that I don't want to make his personality worse. So he's been on the losing side in some tag matches where he doesn't eat the pin. Popularity has still gone up a grade in the first month.

Prometheus just ain't ready so he's in developmental. Blockbuster is a step below both guys in terms of potential as a monster but he's probably gonna join Prome in developmental once I take the Canadian title off of him.

Through the first month. Quite a few near the top of the card have gained popularity, which is nice. But lost over $500K. Of that, $100K was opening the developmental and a good chunk was signing the developmental talent plus all the PPA talent I put on written deals. The tour shows have really helped. But worried I'm still gonna be losing money month to month going forward. I guess long-term it should be fine as the good show grades will gradually grow us toward national, the talent I've locked down will be more than capable of carrying us, and the transition from current talent that's aging to the new generation should be fairly smooth if I can do it over the next year or so in-game. But I just don't like losing money lol

It's extremely frustrating that you can't label events to be a B-event or anything like that. Best you can do is create brands and have your smaller guys in that brand and restrict those events to that brand. In the end you still have to reach the appropriate grades even if it is a B-brand taking over.

What sort of storylines are you running with CGC, any interesting characters/gimmicks?

It's extremely frustrating that you can't label events to be a B-event or anything like that. Best you can do is create brands and have your smaller guys in that brand and restrict those events to that brand. In the end you still have to reach the appropriate grades even if it is a B-brand taking over.

What sort of storylines are you running with CGC, any interesting characters/gimmicks?

Pretty sure there was a "level" to events in TEW2013 where you could specify an event as less important. But that would also mean it drew less of a crowd, so.... trade-off. So far I have avoided anyone getting upset about being left out, so all good at this point.

A lot of stuff is default CGC at this point. The starting three storylines are all still going on. I've added Joey Poison trying to corrupt Donte Dunn. I have some fun with angles - try to include a cheesy vignette on every show. A bit of "No Holds Barred", a bit of "Southpaw Regional". Stuff like music video shots of Gargantuan roaring in front of a big mirror for several minutes, then just saying "I never stop evolving". Boom!

The Ricky versus Thrill Seeker is a fun one. Basically Ricky is still coming across like a kid with grade school insults and Thrill Seeker just keeps calling him a child. The Best of 7 has 5 more matches so it will play out slowly.

I'm trying to have a bit of fun with characters too. Folks like Air Attack Weasel and Mr. Lucha III got different masks and gimmicks. I actually used a Cverse pic of Pentagon for Mr. Lucha III, since that seemed more fun than the default pic / lineage.

The biggest additions have been grouped together. I have Eric Tyler as a manager, running "Team Tyler", which is mixed bag group to start out with. I have Groucho Black as the bitter "big league star" who is "slumming it". Sayed Ali is the hard-hitting badass who will be one of the main non-monster heels in CGC before long. Then the trio of Greg Keith, Davis Wayne Newton, and Ernest Youngman are the future. I'll probably run them together for a few months, then have Ali turn on Black, and the three younger guys can spin off on their own. Might have Sam keith do a spell as their manager. Will probably keep them together for awhile. Could have either DeColt turn and join them. Or even have Alex (who cuts useless promos every show cuz he's great on the mic) the Commish turn on his brothers at some point and align with the future trio.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Bigpapa42" data-cite="Bigpapa42" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41392" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Pretty sure there was a "level" to events in TEW2013 where you could specify an event as less important. But that would also mean it drew less of a crowd, so.... trade-off. So far I have avoided anyone getting upset about being left out, so all good at this point. <p> </p><p> A lot of stuff is default CGC at this point. The starting three storylines are all still going on. I've added Joey Poison trying to corrupt Donte Dunn. I have some fun with angles - try to include a cheesy vignette on every show. A bit of "No Holds Barred", a bit of "Southpaw Regional". Stuff like music video shots of Gargantuan roaring in front of a big mirror for several minutes, then just saying "I never stop evolving". Boom!</p><p> </p><p> The Ricky versus Thrill Seeker is a fun one. Basically Ricky is still coming across like a kid with grade school insults and Thrill Seeker just keeps calling him a child. The Best of 7 has 5 more matches so it will play out slowly. </p><p> </p><p> I'm trying to have a bit of fun with characters too. Folks like Air Attack Weasel and Mr. Lucha III got different masks and gimmicks. I actually used a Cverse pic of Pentagon for Mr. Lucha III, since that seemed more fun than the default pic / lineage. </p><p> </p><p> The biggest additions have been grouped together. I have Eric Tyler as a manager, running "Team Tyler", which is mixed bag group to start out with. I have Groucho Black as the bitter "big league star" who is "slumming it". Sayed Ali is the hard-hitting badass who will be one of the main non-monster heels in CGC before long. Then the trio of Greg Keith, Davis Wayne Newton, and Ernest Youngman are the future. I'll probably run them together for a few months, then have Ali turn on Black, and the three younger guys can spin off on their own. Might have Sam keith do a spell as their manager. Will probably keep them together for awhile. Could have either DeColt turn and join them. Or even have Alex (who cuts useless promos every show cuz he's great on the mic) the Commish turn on his brothers at some point and align with the future trio.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I really wish the show importance would return, it really should not have been removed. It would make doing things like themed tournaments (CC, Mae Young, Lions Gate) and tour shows just way more sensible. I feel cheap drawing a 50K crowd for my weekly saturday show (not for CGC but for another national-sized company Im on). </p><p> </p><p> WWE has basically just validated all the cheap menace angles thanks to Braun Strowman doing random menace shit on WWE for the past year and becoming one of the most over guys in WWE. </p><p> </p><p> What do you think is the most sensible way to run a Best of 7 so that the 7th match (if it goes that far) is the best graded? Do you cheese the early matches with intentional low grades (short shock win, sports entertainment finish, keep strongs, just creative story finishes that don't result in high grades)? </p><p> </p><p> #RIP Mr. Lucha III lineage. Pentagon is a great character and would fit extremely well with CGC but I'd prefer Drago even more. </p><p> </p><p> Greg Keith > </p><p> </p><p> Hopefully you come up with something interesting for Newton/Youngman/Keith characters down the line. </p><p> </p><p> If I have a commish like Alex I'd be using him all show long. I could 100% see him spamming himself in an Authority-esque fashion and IRL it would go over bad but in game it wont since fans dont really get tired of that.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jon The GOAT" data-cite="Jon The GOAT" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41392" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I really wish the show importance would return, it really should not have been removed. It would make doing things like themed tournaments (CC, Mae Young, Lions Gate) and tour shows just way more sensible. I feel cheap drawing a 50K crowd for my weekly saturday show (not for CGC but for another national-sized company Im on). <p> </p><p> WWE has basically just validated all the cheap menace angles thanks to Braun Strowman doing random menace shit on WWE for the past year and becoming one of the most over guys in WWE. </p><p> </p><p> What do you think is the most sensible way to run a Best of 7 so that the 7th match (if it goes that far) is the best graded? Do you cheese the early matches with intentional low grades (short shock win, sports entertainment finish, keep strongs, just creative story finishes that don't result in high grades)? </p><p> </p><p> #RIP Mr. Lucha III lineage. Pentagon is a great character and would fit extremely well with CGC but I'd prefer Drago even more. </p><p> </p><p> Greg Keith > </p><p> </p><p> Hopefully you come up with something interesting for Newton/Youngman/Keith characters down the line. </p><p> </p><p> If I have a commish like Alex I'd be using him all show long. I could 100% see him spamming himself in an Authority-esque fashion and IRL it would go over bad but in game it wont since fans dont really get tired of that.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Drawing big crowds to the tour shows definitely feels a bit cheap. But it also helps the finances quite a bit so.... I'm definitely not drawing 50K lol</p><p> </p><p> Menace angles are fun. Gargantuan could probably hit A* popularity on those alone. But I'm trying to be patient with him. </p><p> </p><p> Well, being a popularity based promotion, I'm basically banking on the pair continuing to rise in popularity throughout the feud and that will help each one grade better. Don't expect to have to resort to tanking. Especially as this will stretch out over a period of time. If I was doing them over a shorter period or couldn't count on getting their popularity up as it goes along, limiting the matches in certain ways would certainly be an option. </p><p> </p><p> Nah, Mr. Lucha III character is still alive and well. I only signed him on a PPA this time, so he's still got that character in OLLIE and in PGHW. </p><p> </p><p> All three have easy characters, to be honest. Greg Keith is the second generation guy, the "guaranteed star" who is endlessly arrogant for being the offspring of a legend. Davis Wayne Newton - I have shortened it to Ace Newton since forever - is basically a blend of a young Nature Boy and the "magnificent bastard" characterization I used for Rich Money in my SWF diary back in the day. He isn't at the fore of the group, but he's really the leader in the background. Youngman - I was tempted to rename him but didn't find one I dug - is a badass with a laid back vibe. Basically taking some elements of Matt Riddle - without the "bro"ness and legit fighter background. They will break off from the Tyler Team after awhile, whether I involve Sam keith or not - and stick together. Could stay together long term or could have a shock breakup at some point. </p><p> </p><p> I've already been tempted to spam the HELL out of Alex, TBH. but I'm trying to book a bit like I'm doing a diary, so trying to be "sorta legit". He does a show opening promo. A ring-master type deal, a bit like Jim in Progress. It just feels like someone with an ego like Alex would do just because he wants the cheers still. With a big ego, it wouldn't be hard to justify having him all over the shows more, but....</p>

<p>One Month In</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>THE WORLD TITLE</strong></p><p>

I had the first show main evented by The DeColt boys for the World Title and it went to a draw as Gargantuan and Thrillseeker got involved and beat the hifl out of The DeColts, Ian DeColt, (yes yes I did), came to make the save and got put through the announcers table. Next week there was a Tag Team Match between the four and Garg and Thrill would win, post match beat down, Ian attempts save gets put through a table AGAIN(man I hate him). They would go to Elimanation to team with DaLay and Price respectively and The DeColts win and Gargantuan puts Jack through a table. Next week on TV Garg and Jack main event world title on the line and Garg puts Jack through a table again. Next week Jack demands a rematch which Alex grants him and once again Gargantuan gets DQ'd and immediately afterward Garg reveals that he was working for EDD STONE! (business is about to pick up)</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>CANADIAN TITLE SCENE</strong></p><p>

The first show opened with Gargantuan beating Bobby Thomas to retain his belt and he announced he would be a fighting champion defending it every week, the announcers and crowd were completely flabbergasted by this change of heart. He would spend the next three weeks beating faces, heading into Elimination to defeat Ian DeColt. Meanwhile Prometheus has bean randomly attacking fans and Whippy The Clown has been playing horrible and cruel pranks on wrestlers. After beating Ian, Prometheus and Whippy would come out and MIMIC would debut and Blockbuster would lay down and it is revealed that Mimic is responsible for the changes in their character and debuts THE DARK BROTHERHOOD.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>OTHER NEWS</strong></p><p>

ADV takes the Montreal Mafia under his wing and they firm The Underworld. </p><p>

The Predators complain of lack of competition and end up facing DWB, Zues and Stevie and Project Runway(Ozzie Golden and Davis Wayne Newton) as the latter become tag Champs and set to face DWB at Luck of The Draw</p><p>

DaLay and Price continue their fued.</p><p>

Best of Seven currently stands at 3-2 with Ricky leading. </p><p>

Donte Dunn goes on a losing streak and is attacked by Brett Fraser. </p><p>

Marc Dubois debuted against Dunn at Elimanation and won but was high, he hates my UC, Dan DaLay.</p>

<p>So halfway through February.... Just had my first B+ show rating. Thank you to cheap angles! And my developmental company is running shows that are grading reasonably well - all 8 fans in Yorkton really enjoyed the last one. </p><p> </p><p>

...but...</p><p> </p><p>

BUT</p><p> </p><p>

It seems that my standard approach just isn't sustainable with CGC. I've ran some test sims and the company turns a very small profit without adding anyone. But they churn out constant shows in the C range. I am currently losing 100K... per week. </p><p> </p><p>

So the things I've done in this save: </p><p>

-switched PPV carriers to a Medium range one</p><p>

-opened the developmental company - cost $100K </p><p>

-signed key roster members and prospects to Written deals</p><p>

-signed new talent, both for main roster and developmental</p><p>

-signed some road agents, managers, and one developmental trainer</p><p> </p><p>

The money for the developmental company is a one-time cost, and it doesn't seem like the company will drain resources. But the worker costs... that's the drain. Individual contracts might only be 2K a month, but they add up in volume. Keeping Ricky meant giving him the max I could offer - 21K per month. Eric Tyler is on 15K and Ed Monton is getting 13.5K per month. Developmental trainer Bryan Holmes is getting 11K per month. Keeping some of the roster talent on PPAs could also make a difference - its fine for someone like Price who went from $1.9K per show to $11.8K per month but appears on every show. For someone who isn't on every show, that switch might not be necessary. </p><p> </p><p>

I really don't want to start over, but I'm not sure that losing 400K a month is workable. A lesser amount wouldn't be as concerning. I expect that as the company grows a bit, incomes will get better. But not fast enough to cover that kind of outflow. </p><p> </p><p>

If I do start over, think I will hold off on the developmental company for now and just be more limited in the main roster signings.</p>

<p>Yeah, that's a lot of expanding from the get-go. My method with the B-Show is like this: </p><p> </p><p>

Sign <strong>6 wrestlers </strong>for the B-show pushing and designate <strong>6 wrestlers </strong>to get depushed out of the company via the B-show for <strong>12 regular wrestlers</strong>. </p><p> </p><p>

<strong>2 wrestlers </strong>should be depushed out of the company every <strong>2 months </strong>and <strong>2 wrestlers </strong>should join the main roster every <strong>2 months</strong>. </p><p> </p><p>

At the same time, <strong>2 wrestlers </strong>should sign on the <strong>B show </strong>and <strong>2 wrestlers </strong>should be depushed onto the <strong>B-Show</strong>.</p><p> </p><p>

At some point you shut it down in favor of a second tv show and developmental.</p>

<p>The workers costs for a development company is what worries me a bit..I'm just about to hit Dec 16 and haven't had a profitable month yet...I have about 20 workers on Written Deals and a small handful of non-wrestlers....Now I probably would have had several good months but I do have a habit of trying to get everyone on a PPV, which does hurt the financials.</p><p> </p><p>

I'm also trying to rehab Marc Dubois for the heck of it so thats $14,400ish a month that I'm not even getting a return on.</p><p> </p><p>

If I restarted I would negotiate a little better..and use a lot more short term 3 month contracts..it's more of an OCD thing but I think it would help especially if you're just bringing in guys to help others get over.</p><p> </p><p>

Main Event wise I have Jack, Ricky along with Christian Price and Edd Stone on Written Deals. Anyone else is generally the younger guys who can be the future stars for the company and just aren't up there in Pop yet...DWN Youngman..Sayeed...Ross Henry ect.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

400k is probably a lot..I think the most I had was maybe 200k but it got down to >100k pretty quickly with the shows you're able to put on...and like I said there were months were if I didn't have the "Get everyone on the show" mentality I would have probably made money.</p><p> </p><p>

That being said the only thing extra I really do from the start is house shows and the new PPV Deal..No B show or Dev Company just yet for me. My plan so far was to kind of take this a bit slower and not try to rush to National or grab up as many guys as I normally would.</p>

See I always figure the lack of much meaningful popularity at the bottom of the card means the likes of Jameson, DWN etc can be fairly quickly brought up to lower mid card status and above really quickly just by being booked in decent matches + angles.

Not sure there's a pressing need for a developmental territory and there's certainly enough deadwood to operate a one in one out policy to avoid bloating the roster.

Yeah, that's a lot of expanding from the get-go. My method with the B-Show is like this:

Sign 6 wrestlers for the B-show pushing and designate 6 wrestlers to get depushed out of the company via the B-show for 12 regular wrestlers.

2 wrestlers should be depushed out of the company every 2 months and 2 wrestlers should join the main roster every 2 months.

At the same time, 2 wrestlers should sign on the B show and 2 wrestlers should be depushed onto the B-Show.

At some point you shut it down in favor of a second tv show and developmental.

I don't know that I would be quite so systematic about it, but something along those lines.

Probably don't have much choice but to start over. I'll avoid a lot of the signings, limit to just a few. And some of them coming in that I don't need to lock down will just be on PPA. So if they miss a few shows, its not big deal and actually saves money.

I'm debating between adding a B show or going the tour show route. Might do both, but that makes each week a bit of a burden to get through.

I don't know that I would be quite so systematic about it, but something along those lines.

Probably don't have much choice but to start over. I'll avoid a lot of the signings, limit to just a few. And some of them coming in that I don't need to lock down will just be on PPA. So if they miss a few shows, its not big deal and actually saves money.

I'm debating between adding a B show or going the tour show route. Might do both, but that makes each week a bit of a burden to get through.

Well for me the B show / tour show doesn't carry any storylines. It's just angles promoting the tv show (come see the stars of Golden Combat!) along with straight wrestling matches. Guys heading up to the main roster get all the wins, guys staying longer trade wins and losses and guys staying for a while eat pins.

Maybe sometimes I give a banger of a match on top or something to really pick things up, maybe I run some casual comedy with the heels on the way out or a loser leaves town story, but it's basically autopilot for me after years of reverse-booking with puro feds. It's really the actual storylines and gimmicks with CGC that give me pause.

Well for me the B show / tour show doesn't carry any storylines. It's just angles promoting the tv show (come see the stars of Golden Combat!) along with straight wrestling matches. Guys heading up to the main roster get all the wins, guys staying longer trade wins and losses and guys staying for a while eat pins.

Maybe sometimes I give a banger of a match on top or something to really pick things up, maybe I run some casual comedy with the heels on the way out or a loser leaves town story, but it's basically autopilot for me after years of reverse-booking with puro feds. It's really the actual storylines and gimmicks with CGC that give me pause.

Don't you get penalties if the tour shows don't advance any storylines?

Don't you get penalties if the tour shows don't advance any storylines?

That's what the tv angles are for. They're just pointless fluff angles showing two wrestlers in a storyline in a quick highlight reel, like how Raw used to run forever on Smackdown with the "Raw Rewind". The ease of that plus the ease of booking for the show makes it something I check once a week after booking the main show.

And I only keep this method around for 6 to 9 months with a Cult fed, because by that time you should have reorganized a lot of your main roster and are in a position to really proceed with booking what you want.