The Official ThunderVerse Thread

@dalton0911 - A few pages back, you mentioned about a spreadsheet that you could share that you use to keep track of everything from stables, tournaments etc. I was wondering if you were able to post it please?

I also use a spreadsheet and always find it interesting to see the way others use spreadsheets :)

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@dalton0911 - A few pages back, you mentioned about a spreadsheet that you could share that you use to keep track of everything from stables, tournaments etc. I was wondering if you were able to post it please?

I also use a spreadsheet and always find it interesting to see the way others use spreadsheets :)

I'll send a PM to you. If others want it too then I'll post it in this thread as well

Please do.

No problem.

I'm sharing it without making changes to it so a lot of what is happening in my game isn't written down, because I didn't make it with the intent of sharing lol. i.e. the Awards sheet missing like a year's worth of entries, the Previous Events sheet being all outta wack (because I really never use that sheet), and a lot of other small things.

Every champion on my booking sheet just has a © because I know what title they hold, so nowhere on the sheet does it say which title belongs to whom so here is a quick rundown:

UPJ Heavyweight: Erik van Rijn

UPJ Intercontinental: Kintaro Kinjo

UPJ International Openweight: Magnus Stonebreaker

UPJ International Tag Team: Ignite Zero

UPJ Junior Heavyweight: Cameron Cody

UPJ Junior Heavyweight Tag Team: HashiWara (literally just reinstated these titles like two weeks ago in-game)

The greyed out areas mean I'm past that point. I'm sure there is a lot that doesn't make sense but who cares

http://www.mediafire.com/file/nbasispiqmy1kw8/UPJ_for_Spud.zip/file

I want to start a new game modeled after the classic ECW and I was wondering what would their Tverse counterparts be... So far I have the following

Stevie Vortex as RVD

13TEEN as Sabu

Ares as Taz

Crazy Jack as New Jack

Rhyno Khan as Rhyno (?)

Spike Daryl as Jerry Lynn (?)

(These last two I'm not so sure)

If you can think of anyone else please share them!

Based solely on renders alone as that's how I identify people real world counterparts.

Steve Haven - Sandman

Duke Dynamite - Tommy Dreamer

Knuckles - Axl Rotten

Casey Skym - Mick Foley

OMURA - Tajiri

Adam Massey - Eddie Gilbert

Stain - Raven

Arson - 911

Bar Tab Malloy - Balls Mahoney

Chris Candell - Chris Candido

Ram Diablo - Bam Bam Bigelow

Dave Harnett - Dean Malenko

DJ Cheetah - Chris Chetti

Jason York - Christian York

Jeremy Vile - Jason

Jose Angel Garces - Eddie Guerrero

Chad Zuma - Steve Austin

Lesley Glovers - Tracey Smothers

Navy Blue Nasty - Blue Meenie

Paora Nahi - Superfly Jimmy Snuka

Power Giant - Brakkus

Stevie Vortex - I know you said RVD, but if that's not Stevie Richards, I don't know who is.

These are all subjective though. And definitely not based on stats, strictly renders.

Surely Cross is closer to Raven?

Stevie Vortex's 'cool', 'charisma' and 'aerial'/'flashiness' surely aren't good enough for him to fill the RVD role.

---

I'd definitely recommend taking a look at From The Depths for a good ECW experience, ACW are setup to fill that role and there's a plethora of wrestlers with clear ECW parallels.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Markw" data-cite="Markw" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41411" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Surely Cross is closer to Raven?<p> </p><p> Stevie Vortex's 'cool', 'charisma' and 'aerial'/'flashiness' surely aren't good enough for him to fill the RVD role.</p><p> </p><p> ---</p><p> </p><p> I'd definitely recommend taking a look at From The Depths for a good ECW experience, ACW are setup to fill that role and there's a plethora of wrestlers with clear ECW parallels.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I also recommend From the Depths. What a great mod, captures that late 80s-early 90s feel in a TVerse-like setting.</p><p> </p><p> PS nice avatar. Evan Kuja is great</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="pate" data-cite="pate" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41411" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Would you be willing to upload your save file as well? I really enjoyed looking through Derek's BHOTWG saves he posted awhile back.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <a href="http://www.mediafire.com/file/76geihpp15436gi/UPJ.zip/file" rel="external nofollow">http://www.mediafire.com/file/76geihpp15436gi/UPJ.zip/file</a></p><p> </p><p> This should work... any questions let me know!</p>

I’m thinking of doing a BCW save to pass the time until 2020 comes out. What are some extra rules you can think of in order to make the save more interesting? I’m thinking of forcing myself to keep Virgil Jr. despite his negative attitude due to his father owning the Fed, and limiting the roster size to 5 wrestlers above the recommended roster size. Anything else that anyone can think of?

Surely Cross is closer to Raven?

Stevie Vortex's 'cool', 'charisma' and 'aerial'/'flashiness' surely aren't good enough for him to fill the RVD role.

---

I'd definitely recommend taking a look at From The Depths for a good ECW experience, ACW are setup to fill that role and there's a plethora of wrestlers with clear ECW parallels.

Yeah I get Vortex is a mediocre worker but the mention of "high flying + martial arts" on his bio led me to that comparison. There's no one else that I could see as an RVD.

Thanks you both for the suggestions, they're really cool. I have also checked FTD and I love the mod but I can't get into a long save with it because there are no free pics for future workers :(

Has anyone figured out how they’ll be able to play the ThunderVerse in 2020? I’m not sure how converting mods works for this one, but I seem to recall being able to export a save file and turning that into a database? That, with some tweaks, could be fun.

I’m still interested in seeing what the CVerse looks like in 2020, but man, I love the TVerse so much.

Has anyone figured out how they’ll be able to play the ThunderVerse in 2020? I’m not sure how converting mods works for this one, but I seem to recall being able to export a save file and turning that into a database? That, with some tweaks, could be fun.

I’m still interested in seeing what the CVerse looks like in 2020, but man, I love the TVerse so much.

In TEW2016 you could straight up convert 2013 databases, and they would work more-or-less, although the new features (body types, alliance titles) had to be added manually.

I expect conversion to 2020 to work in a similar way, although with some more drastic changes added to gimmicks and products, I'd expect some initial wonkiness that would have to be adjusted afterwards - hopefully the announced changes in the editor UI will make that less irritating than it used to be.

Personally I'll very definitely attempt to convert the Tverse this way, it just feels so much more fun at the lower levels with a lot more variety in workers, especially for women's wrestling.

Based solely on renders alone as that's how I identify people real world counterparts.

Steve Haven - Sandman

Duke Dynamite - Tommy Dreamer

Knuckles - Axl Rotten

Casey Skym - Mick Foley

OMURA - Tajiri

Adam Massey - Eddie Gilbert

Stain - Raven

Arson - 911

Bar Tab Malloy - Balls Mahoney

Chris Candell - Chris Candido

Ram Diablo - Bam Bam Bigelow

Dave Harnett - Dean Malenko

DJ Cheetah - Chris Chetti

Jason York - Christian York

Jeremy Vile - Jason

Jose Angel Garces - Eddie Guerrero

Chad Zuma - Steve Austin

Lesley Glovers - Tracey Smothers

Navy Blue Nasty - Blue Meenie

Paora Nahi - Superfly Jimmy Snuka

Power Giant - Brakkus

Stevie Vortex - I know you said RVD, but if that's not Stevie Richards, I don't know who is.

These are all subjective though. And definitely not based on stats, strictly renders.

Alberto Marchena Jr = Alberto Del Rio

Ali Ababwa = Iron Shiek

Aminishiki = Akebono

El Gigante = Giant Gonzalez

Adam Massey = Jeff Jarret

Adorable Cassandro = Cassandro

Bear Zanev = Rusev?

Bobo the Clown = Doink

Brian King = Brian Lawler

Jerry King = Jerry Lawler

Butcher Hachirobei = Abdullah Kobayashi

Chaperone = Kevin Nash

Walker Brothers = Harris Brothers

Cowboy Jeff Wilts = Billy Watts

Crash and Burn = Demolition

Curtis Windham = Bo Dallas

Teddy Windham = Bray Wyatt

Dedrick Ace = Mark Henry

Derrick Rollins = Seth Rollins

Diego Starr = Manny Fernandez

Dr Texas = Terry Funk

El Angel = Mistico

El Salvador = El Santo

Eric Sanders = MVP?

Eviscerator = Viscera

FinEATo = Shark Boy

Forajido = Bandido

Ford Memphis = Honky Tonk Man

Frank Kubrick = Stan Hansen

Fumihiko Osaragi = Shingo Takagi

Furosuto = Bushi

Garrett South = Randy Orton

Glasgee = Grado

Goto and Kato = Jado and Gedo

Great Ankur = Great Khali

Guruhi = Kamala

Ice Cold Funk = 2 Cold Scorpio

Ice Simmons = Ron Simmons

Immortal Warrior = Ultimate Warrior

Jesse Mills = Brodie Lee

Jimmy South = Jimmy Hart

Johnny Hollywood = Dolph Ziggler

The Devastators = Road Warriors

Jung DRAGON = Great Sasuke

Kabuki Takao = Great Kabuki

KC Summer = Disco Inferno

Leati The Headhunter = Roman Reigns

Lugosi = Gangrel

Mania = Kane

The Ghost Rider = Undertaker

Terry Thunder = Hulk Hogan

Rick Thunder = Horace Hogan

Lauri Thunder = Linda Hogan

Jessica Thunder = Brooke Hogan

Sylvain Charles = Cesaro

Travis Stine = Scott Steiner

Guy Lothario = Ric Flair

Eric Lothario = David Flair

Travis Lothario = Reid Flair

Gail Lothario = Charlotte Flair

Adrienne = Lana

All Hallows Eve = Daffney

Angelique = Lita

Athena = Chyna

Boudica = Viper

Candace Horne = Gina Carano

Claudia Oliveira = Gabi Castrovinci

Ebony = Jacqueline

Elexa = Sasha Banks

• 2 weeks later...

With the game cycle of TEW2016 coming to a close, I wanted to go out with a bang with my longest-running and most fun save I have ever had.

If you've followed the last few months in this thread, then you know I have had a long in-depth game with UPJ. I wanted to put a nice bow on the game before I move on, with Hall of Immortals 2020 being that bow. That completes my fifth full year in the save, my longest game by double the previous.

I want to tell a story about some of the characters. It may sound boring, and maybe I'm just a mark for my own storytelling, but this is something I'm proud of for some reason. I was unemployed IRL for a short time late last year, and so I devoted a lot of energy into TEW as an escape. And once again I'm sitting here in the USA unsure about my future as COVID-19 puts everything in jeopardy. That's okay though, because I get to escape back to TEW more often :D

Anyways, here is my masterpiece, the best story I have ever told in TEW2016.

The Immortal Saga of Erik van Rijn and Oda Yamawaki

The rivalry between current UPJ Heavyweight Champion "The Renegade" Erik van Rijn and Oda Yamawaki really goes back to 2016, when Yamawaki, after winning the Ozeki Summit, beat EVR to win his first world title at Procession of Champions before retaining the title at Hall of Immortals. The thing is, although the match at HOI was for the Heavyweight Championship, it was relegated to the semi-main event slot, with Kintaro Kinjo defeating Juro Deguchi for the UPJ Intercontinental Championship being the main event. This occurred because UPJ did not have enough faith in Oda and EVR at the time to main event their biggest show.

Yamawaki for one reason or another was deemed not truly ready, and the decision was made for him to drop the title to FEARLESS stablemate and former champion Kato just two months later. After short reigns by Kato and Juro Deguchi, Erik van Rijn found himself once again holding the gold after winning at Hall of Immortals 2017, while Yamawaki far down the card, defeating junior stalwart Cameron Cody. While a win at Hall of Immortals is usually a cause for celebration, Oda was clearly frustrated, hanging his head after the match. He was at wits end with UPJ, and with himself.

Erik van Rijn would go on a complete tear after winning at Hall of Immortals 2017, tearing through the competition, including "The Eternal Ace" Kintaro Kinjo, Eikichi Minamoto after he returned home to UPJ, James Gilmour, and HONOUR Heavyweight Champion Nobuhisa Yasutake in a champion vs. champion match. One of his defenses was against Yamawaki, who after pinning EVR in a tour match faced off against him at the 2018 Junior Mountain Cup Finals. EVR was unstoppable in 2018, and even won the Ozeki Summit as well, a rare feat for a reigning champion. Oda's 2018 was once again rough, and in September, FEARLESS big man TOKI INK turned his back on Yamawaki by attacking him and leaving him lying in a bloody mess. TOKI said he was tired of FEARLESS being led by a loser, and he wanted to join a winning team, thus betraying his faction to join RENEGADES, led by The Renegade himself, Heavyweight Champion Erik van Rijn. This seemed to be the turning point for Oda, who showed a newfound ferocity he had never let out before. Oda would go on to beat TOKI INK at Hall of Immortals 2018, still in the undercard, while EVR would defeat Kintaro Kinjo in a banger of a main event. After the conclusion of that match, Oda Yamawaki was shown by the stage staring down EVR with a barbaric scowl.

2019 was a much different year for these competitors. In the first tour, Oda was a different beast, destroying opponents and needing to be pulled off of them after matches by referees and young lions. His faction was tight-knit, with no outsiders even being considered. Yamawaki, along with Sean Girven and Nathan Jordan (Generation Next), Kris Phoenix, and Daijiro Otsuka, were more violent and calculated. Oda would win the 2019 Ozeki Summit in March going undefeated in the tournament, guaranteeing another shot at EVR's gold at Procession of Champions. Not just content with winning the Summit, Oda would also take home the United Cup trophy in May. Winning both meant he was the only contender for the Heavvweight title. At Procession of Champions in July, Oda would finally defeat Erik van Rijn to end his 18-month reign. This was the culmination of the redemption arc, but as wrestling goes, there never truly is an "end" to the story.

Oda would retain against EVR at Hall of Immortals 2019, putting an end to EVR's chances at regaining the title anytime soon. Or was it? The 2020 Ozeki Summit was very unique. While Erik van Rijn would win the B Block, Sean Girven, teammate of Oda, won the A Block. However, an untimely injury prevented Girven from competing in the finals, and who was second in the A Block? Oda Yamawaki. A rematch at the Ozeki Summit Finals was set. The rivalry continued. Erik van Rijn would come out on top, giving him another chance at the gold. Just like Oda Yamawaki the year before, EVR would also win the United Cup, meaning a match between the two was destined, so destined in fact that the two did not want to wait until Procession of Champions, instead the match would occur at June's aptly named Destiny of Wrestling. Erik van Rijn would regain the title, crushing Oda's reign and reigniting the diminishing flame in their bloodfeud. Oda wanted a rematch, but EVR wouldn't give it to him. He claimed Oda would never be the Ace that he wanted to be so badly, instead HE, a gaijin, would be the TRUE Ace.

After antagonizing and attacking EVR all through July, EVR would grant him another match ONLY if he could go through RENEGADES first. It started with Fergus Storm at Procession of Champions, whom Oda disposed of with ease. EVR would retain against FEARLESS member Sean Girven in the main event, as Girven deserved a shot after getting injured before facing EVR in the Summit Finals. At September's Spirit of Fight, Oda would defeat Seven Brandt, the rising star of RENEGADES, while Erik van Rijn would defeat another FEARLESS member in Kato. After the main event, EVR and RENEGADES beat down Kato in order to entice Oda to come out for the save. Kato's partner Goto along with Sean Girven and Nathan Jordan would run down the entranceway, but paused outside the ring. EVR, Brandt, TOKI INK, OMURA and Fergus Storm stood in the ring staring them down. Through the crowd opposite the entranceway came Oda Yamawaki, who slid into the ring and superkicked the back of EVR's head! FEARLESS made quick work of RENEGADES and sent them packing. But the one thing they forgot to pack was the UPJ Heavyweight Championship, which Oda picked up and smiled at. It was clear, Hall of Immortals was official.

At Millenium Dash in October, the FEARLESS team of Oda and Generation Next (Girven/Jordan) defeated the RENEGADES team of EVR, Fergus Storm and Seven Brandt. Oda stood tall once more before the ultimate showdown in November.

The 2020 Hall of Immortals was one for the ages. It was UPJ's highest attendance ever, with 50,000 fans packed into the Saitama SuperTurboDome. It was also the largest buyrate in company history at 0.86. Critics rated the event a 97, giving it a letter score of A+. Most viewers deem it to be the best event ever put on by UPJ, and quite possibly was the best single night of wrestling that has ever happened. Most praise was aimed at the main event, the ultimate showdown in a years-long story. Spectacular entrances by both men. In a fast-paced, hard-hitting, death-defying 25 minutes, Erik van Rijn stood tall, besting his endless rival Oda Yamawaki to retain the UPJ Heavyweight Championship. The match was one for the ages, ending a fantastic show with a 99/A+ rated matchup. Erik van Rijn, in a rare show of respect, threw up a fist at Oda while the challenger looked back at him from the entranceway. Oda returned the gesture with a nod and a little bit of a smirk before heading to the back.

Was this the final chapter in the saga? As I said before, there never is an end to the story in professional wrestling. That's the beauty of it. But this one, this seemed like the swan song. The rivalry that defined a generation in United Promotions Japan. The feud that captivated the wrestling world for five years. It seems like the villain may have won, but is he truly a villain anymore? Five years devoted to one opponent will change a man. Erik van Rijn won his first title at Hall of Immortals by defeating Juro Deguchi. Ever since that day, there was always a "next step." Another challenger, another feud, another match. For the first time, there was no next step. Erik van Rijn stood in that ring, clutching the UPJ Heavyweight Championship he loved so dearly. But as he looked at his opponent walk behind the curtain, he felt empty and full at the same time. You know that weird feeling in your stomach when you finish something, and you don't know what to do with yourself? That was Erik, right there in front of 50,000 people. The journey was over; he reached the end of the pier. All the fame, all the glory, all the success, led to this very moment. While there is never an end to the story in professional wrestling, this was as close to one as it gets.

Congratulations if you've made it all the way to the end of my sappy story :D I love the game a lot, this save especially. I will miss it a lot when TEW2020 comes out. I hope to get an official ThunderVerse release for it at some point!

Well done. It felt like EVR was standing tall like Omega at the end of that 2-of-3 falls match against Okada at Dominion.

If you kept that going, I feel like a Fergus Storm or Seven Brandt turn on EVR and a RENEGADES Civil War would be a fun story idea.

I'm currently scrolling through options for a U.S. promotion save before 2020 comes out. (I really hope the Japanese scene in the C-Verse can hook me like UPJ did here, since it doesn't look like we're going to get a true T-Verse in 2020.)

HCG feels like a fun pick, I had the idea of Jerry King burying the hatchet with Casey Skym and trying to take down AWF over time. I would love the concept of PWI, but I find their roster and events names so... dull.

My other idea was to put CWT in the AWC and set them up as the new lynchpin promotion, with HCG no longer in the picture. Even though they're small TV deals, CWT could become a version of Jim Crockett Promotions for the AWC thanks to their higher media exposure and old-school feel.

Well done. It felt like EVR was standing tall like Omega at the end of that 2-of-3 falls match against Okada at Dominion.

If you kept that going, I feel like a Fergus Storm or Seven Brandt turn on EVR and a RENEGADES Civil War would be a fun story idea.

I'm currently scrolling through options for a U.S. promotion save before 2020 comes out. (I really hope the Japanese scene in the C-Verse can hook me like UPJ did here, since it doesn't look like we're going to get a true T-Verse in 2020.)

HCG feels like a fun pick, I had the idea of Jerry King burying the hatchet with Casey Skym and trying to take down AWF over time. I would love the concept of PWI, but I find their roster and events names so... dull.

My other idea was to put CWT in the AWC and set them up as the new lynchpin promotion, with HCG no longer in the picture. Even though they're small TV deals, CWT could become a version of Jim Crockett Promotions for the AWC thanks to their higher media exposure and old-school feel.

If you want to maintain a little bit of the puroresu style, try DRAGON. I really like the main event scene to start off, and some hires like Seven Brandt, Fergus Storm and Kris Phoenix really make it a great game. I love the faction stuff and AFAIK it's the only American company with it

Ooh. I haven’t even considered DRAGON yet. I’ll check them out.

I'm a mark for Cameron Cody, Evan Kuja, Jay Paro, Ryotaro Naruto, Talisman, etc. Plus I am a big fan of the factions as I said, it just makes booking a million times easier.

Also, thank you for the idea of someone turning on EVR. It got the gears turning for me, so I might just do another year or so. Here's what I got:

Kintaro Kinjo at age 41 wins the Summit probably for the final time (as a figurehead, merch is up 45% and attendance is up 11%, so he is still my man even though he just entered time decline). In May, he will beat EVR for the title, and after the match is over, Seven Brandt will come out and beat down EVR. He will cut a promo about how ever since Hall of Immortals and Oda Yamawaki, EVR has gotten softer. The ruthlessness of RENEGADES is gone. Brandt will enlist Fergus Storm and probably one or two others to fight a now-babyface/tweener RENEGADES. In June, EVR will cost Seven Brandt this Intercontinental championship against James Gilmour.

At Procession of Champions in July, EVR will defeat Fergus Storm while Kinjo retains against Danny McManus and moves onto feud with Oda, whom Kinjo will lose to at Hall of Immortals to give Oda another reign. In the meantime, EVR and Brandt will feud throughout the final tour, leading to a showdown at Hall of Immortals that EVR will win, putting RENEGADES over the new offshoot faction.

Thanks for that suggestion, now I gotta keep playing:D

Yeah, I got halfway through my third year in UPJ and had Fergus turn on Juro and Deguchi-gun to join RENEGADES. At some point, I knew in my head we were gonna have a EVR-Fergus civil war.

I got through a month-long American tour using my partnership with PWI (Morton vs. Kinjo was pure money) and decided I just wanted to try a US save with a more normal schedule before 2020 comes out.

DRAGON just might be the move. Know people have done it, but there’s room for an AEW type promotion in this universe, since PWI is more like ROH that got too big for its own good. Maybe I can strike that perf > pop with good characters and gimmicks and stories with DRAGON.