Mods by TheWho87 (Including Monthly Real World Updates)

• Replies 888
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Powerbrock100" data-cite="Powerbrock100" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41793" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>It's also just unrealistic and not satisfying when WWE fire "big names" who aren't over anyway because the pop is wack. The #1 company in the world being as bad as they are in this mod will forever baffle me.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Best way to fix this would be comment which wrestlers need pop increases/where each wrestler should be on the card i.e. opener, midcarder, main event ect. because thats a lot easier for TheWho to know what to fix and where to start as opposed to saying it just needs to be fixed.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TracyBrooksFan" data-cite="TracyBrooksFan" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41793" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The way the WWE IS RIGHT now with low attendance and falling ratings it not far off. WWE while NUNBER 1 IS falling from it spot.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> What I'm getting at is, why does all the other current day mods, have WWE on a normal popularity standpoint while this one nerfs it like WWE is some struggling indy company, from a gameplay standpoint it's not fun to play WWE or play as them, WWE should be fun to play as, WWE just need a couple of good booking decisions and it's all good, so you should start fine, and depending on YOU BOOKING DESICIONS in this BOOKING SIMULATOR to determine where the company's popularity goes.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Ayoub13Berrahel" data-cite="Ayoub13Berrahel" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41793" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>What I'm getting at is, why does all the other current day mods, have WWE on a normal popularity standpoint while this one nerfs it like WWE is some struggling indy company, from a gameplay standpoint it's not fun to play WWE or play as them, WWE should be fun to play as, WWE just need a couple of good booking decisions and it's all good, so you should start fine, and depending on YOU BOOKING DESICIONS in this BOOKING SIMULATOR to determine where the company's popularity goes.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Because other mods have WWE balanced to the rest of their mod, where as I have WWE balanced to the rest of my mod. You can't fix the problem with WWE overnight, it takes time, the problem is when you are accustomed to getting A's for every show everything else looks weird, how many "A" shows have WWE put on this year in reality, and how many of them were based around 1-2 matches/segments, that is something that is viable in my mod with the right effort, the problem is that most can't be bothered when they don't get the quick gratification they want running WWE.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TheWho87" data-cite="TheWho87" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41793" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Because other mods have WWE balanced to the rest of their mod, where as I have WWE balanced to the rest of my mod. You can't fix the problem with WWE overnight, it takes time, the problem is when you are accustomed to getting A's for every show everything else looks weird, how many "A" shows have WWE put on this year in reality, and how many of them were based around 1-2 matches/segments, that is something that is viable in my mod with the right effort, the problem is that most can't be bothered when they don't get the quick gratification they want running WWE.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> This was always my stance. Everyone was so focused on WWE they forgot this isn't a WWE game, it's a wrestling game. It was as if not being able to put on A rated Raws and Smackdowns was a foreign concept. If someone right now can tell me a Raw or Smackdown where every segment was at a level that in TEW terms it should be pulling in B+ shows I'll concede this and agree with you - just one. The numerous advertising of the WWE network, what rating would that get in TEW terms? The numerous Tap Out ads, the numerous recaps of past shows or earlier on in that show, the numerous throw away matches that don't do anything. The hit and miss main event matches. Do you honestly think if you played WWE the way they book in real life you'd even hit a B overall? I think a B would be more than fair.</p><p> </p><p> Just because you can't turn WWE around after a month doesn't make the game or data bad, it makes your play style bad. In my previous game, I managed to start getting WWE back on track. It took me 8 months, but I didn't lose any network deals because although they were unhappy with some shows, it wasn't every week. After 12 months started getting a consistent B/B- Raw (dropped it to 2 hours - first thing I did) and the same for Smackdown. My lowest PPV rating in the last 6 months was a B- but that was due to my stupidity to book Rusev in the main event. I know if given more time I could improve on those grades but I was certainly not getting any D's for my shows! I think the worst grade was a C+ with Smackdown and that was through injuries to Styles and Nakamura more than anything else so I had to re-think my show last minute and got it wrong.</p><p> </p><p> Now, explain who you think should be improved upon? Why? Whose stats and popularity is underrated? Have you compared them to other similar people in the mod? Complaining does nothing to help. TheWho87 needs input not "This is so anti-WWE". Help TheWho, don't just bitch about things, that is not constructive (and is also why you currently only have 1 monthly real day mod).</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Fleisch" data-cite="Fleisch" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41793" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>This was always my stance. Everyone was so focused on WWE they forgot this isn't a WWE game, it's a wrestling game. It was as if not being able to put on A rated Raws and Smackdowns was a foreign concept. If someone right now can tell me a Raw or Smackdown where every segment was at a level that in TEW terms it should be pulling in B+ shows I'll concede this and agree with you - just one. The numerous advertising of the WWE network, what rating would that get in TEW terms? The numerous Tap Out ads, the numerous recaps of past shows or earlier on in that show, the numerous throw away matches that don't do anything. The hit and miss main event matches. Do you honestly think if you played WWE the way they book in real life you'd even hit a B overall? I think a B would be more than fair.<p> </p><p> Just because you can't turn WWE around after a month doesn't make the game or data bad, it makes your play style bad. In my previous game, I managed to start getting WWE back on track. It took me 8 months, but I didn't lose any network deals because although they were unhappy with some shows, it wasn't every week. After 12 months started getting a consistent B/B- Raw (dropped it to 2 hours - first thing I did) and the same for Smackdown. My lowest PPV rating in the last 6 months was a B- but that was due to my stupidity to book Rusev in the main event. I know if given more time I could improve on those grades but I was certainly not getting any D's for my shows! I think the worst grade was a C+ with Smackdown and that was through injuries to Styles and Nakamura more than anything else so I had to re-think my show last minute and got it wrong.</p><p> </p><p> Now, explain who you think should be improved upon? Why? Whose stats and popularity is underrated? Have you compared them to other similar people in the mod? Complaining does nothing to help. TheWho87 needs input not "This is so anti-WWE". Help TheWho, don't just bitch about things, that is not constructive (and is also why you currently only have 1 monthly real day mod).</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> YOUR previous mod is better rated for WWE, so I don't see why this mod shouldn't adapt to it, most of the people who play this game play WWE, and from all of the people I've seen (You can see the newLegacyinc Discord server's booking simulator room or the Booking Simulator subreddit, almost NO ONE uses theWho's mod, in fact they recommend against it for being unfairly unbalanced and anti-WWE and very harsh on popularity for all the wrestlers.</p><p> </p><p> You want to hear my input instead of bitching about it.</p><p> </p><p> 1-Buff WWE so it doesn't fall to National or Cult in the first month and making you deal with the consequences of falling in popularity.</p><p> </p><p> 2-Buff the stats for Women as they have the same status as the men in WWE now.</p><p> </p><p> 3-Nerf companies that rely on skills rather than popularity, like The japanese companies, because their shows get 90-100 every time and I don't see you complaining about it.</p><p> </p><p> Was that enough input for ya?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="D16NJD16" data-cite="D16NJD16" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41793" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Why do all indy wrestlers have the same exact stats? Am I doing something wrong?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> No you're not those are called stock stats and a majority of indy names have them.</p>

<p>Reminder: this is a single person, updating a mod for a computer game, in their free time.</p><p> </p><p>

His reward: $0, no free time for other stuff, and people telling him how much they hate the mod</p><p> </p><p>

TheWho is pretty transparent about the stock stats for some workers (you can always switch start variance on if you dislike).</p><p> </p><p>

Feedback is great. Unspecific feedback is not, as it gives you no where to go as a modder.</p><p>

(Saying buff/nerf this whole company is not specific feedback, unless you want Curt Hawkins to get. 20 pop jump like the rest of WWE)</p><p> </p><p>

Keep doing your thing Who</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Ayoub13Berrahel" data-cite="Ayoub13Berrahel" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41793" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>YOUR previous mod is better rated for WWE, so I don't see why this mod shouldn't adapt to it, most of the people who play this game play WWE, and from all of the people I've seen (You can see the newLegacyinc Discord server's booking simulator room or the Booking Simulator subreddit, almost NO ONE uses theWho's mod, in fact they recommend against it for being unfairly unbalanced and anti-WWE and very harsh on popularity for all the wrestlers.<p> </p><p> You want to hear my input instead of bitching about it.</p><p> </p><p> 1-Buff WWE so it doesn't fall to National or Cult in the first month and making you deal with the consequences of falling in popularity.</p><p> </p><p> 2-Buff the stats for Women as they have the same status as the men in WWE now.</p><p> </p><p> 3-Nerf companies that rely on skills rather than popularity, like The japanese companies, because their shows get 90-100 every time and I don't see you complaining about it.</p><p> </p><p> Was that enough input for ya?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I normally dont involved myself in such things but here i have to.</p><p> </p><p> If you dont like the mod, dont play it. But dont come here with your new account to bitch about somebodys mod just because youre not smart enough to save wwe. </p><p> </p><p> TheWho puts so much effort in his mod and i personally enjoy that WWE is a challenge cause it should be. </p><p> </p><p> Oh and dont come and bitch about me being not nice to you. With your behaviour you deserve nothing else.</p>

<p>I give TheWho stat changes all the time in his discord I tell him who needs more popularity in which regions, why they deserve it and 90% of the time I give him specific numbers to bump it up to. He can read it and fix it for the next update. Sometimes I do this for 20-30 wrestles at a time (notable indy) and he always does them.</p><p> </p><p>

Do it for WWE wrestlers if you feel so inclined, tell him the wrestlers that need the boost, tell him why not just because you like them, tell him by how much. Do the same for stats, help as opposed to complain.</p><p> </p><p>

(Also on the whole WWE/NJPW jazz NJPW is probably more successful in japan than WWE is in America IRL so it makes sense they put on better shows in a smaller region than WWE across the whole of USA imo)</p>

Hello, friendly mod reminder to play nice in here. Disagreeing on stats is a-ok but less of the snarky/aggressive tone when it comes to discussing these matters. Nobody is paid to mod TEW (or paid to play it either) so please take that into account and try to give constructive feedback where possible.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Ayoub13Berrahel" data-cite="Ayoub13Berrahel" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41793" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>YOUR previous mod is better rated for WWE, so I don't see why this mod shouldn't adapt to it, most of the people who play this game play WWE, and from all of the people I've seen (You can see the newLegacyinc Discord server's booking simulator room or the Booking Simulator subreddit, almost NO ONE uses theWho's mod, in fact they recommend against it for being unfairly unbalanced and anti-WWE and very harsh on popularity for all the wrestlers.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> There is three options when it comes to current day real world mods, use mine, use Real World Chronicles or make your own, nobody is forcing you to only use one. I will admit my mod is not perfect but neither is RWC, it's down to personal preference.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Ayoub13Berrahel" data-cite="Ayoub13Berrahel" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41793" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>You want to hear my input instead of bitching about it.<p> </p><p> 1-Buff WWE so it doesn't fall to National or Cult in the first month and making you deal with the consequences of falling in popularity.</p><p> </p><p> 2-Buff the stats for Women as they have the same status as the men in WWE now.</p><p> </p><p> 3-Nerf companies that rely on skills rather than popularity, like The japanese companies, because their shows get 90-100 every time and I don't see you complaining about it.</p><p> </p><p> Was that enough input for ya?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> 1. Has already been done, I dropped WWE down from International to the top end of National, the point being it should not hopefully drop as quickly.</p><p> </p><p> 2. The only stats tthat are different between the genders tends to be power and sex appeal, all other stats have minimal difference between genders.</p><p> </p><p> 3. So nerf companies that do realistically put on A rated shows and matches on a frequent basis because that's unrealistic?</p>

YOUR previous mod is better rated for WWE, so I don't see why this mod shouldn't adapt to it, most of the people who play this game play WWE, and from all of the people I've seen (You can see the newLegacyinc Discord server's booking simulator room or the Booking Simulator subreddit, almost NO ONE uses theWho's mod, in fact they recommend against it for being unfairly unbalanced and anti-WWE and very harsh on popularity for all the wrestlers.

You want to hear my input instead of bitching about it.

1-Buff WWE so it doesn't fall to National or Cult in the first month and making you deal with the consequences of falling in popularity.

2-Buff the stats for Women as they have the same status as the men in WWE now.

3-Nerf companies that rely on skills rather than popularity, like The japanese companies, because their shows get 90-100 every time and I don't see you complaining about it.

Was that enough input for ya?

YOU don't see me complaining about Japanese promotions because I am a bitter Mod God (its been written and thus now true) and far too important for that sort of nonsense. I also have no idea why you're asking me if it is enough input for me. You gave 3 bullet points on a mod with thousands of workers so I'll let you decide for yourself.

As for the screenshot, I don't think it helps much to move this mod forward. One thing I don't like though is this misconception that one mod is better than the other. It really isn't true. I know people who love this mod and hated my previous one and vice versa. I'm not going to lie, I don't think I managed to play my own much other than test plays, but I did have a play through with this mod and I actually enjoyed the challenge. Turning the fortunes around is so much more satisfying (for me).

Unfortunately due to a lack of people wanting to be abused for using their free time to give you something for free, your options are...

1) Play this mod

2) Play Southside_Hitmens takeover of the RWC mod

3) Er... don't play a current day mod

TEW 2020 will probably give you even less option for a current day mod.

<p>Here is the update for January, the only big change this month is that I've updated the worker picture names both in the database and in the new picture pack, my old picture pack will no longer be compatable with the new database. There are not many new additions this month (full list <a href="https://i.imgur.com/W8XIIlh.jpg" rel="external nofollow">HERE</a>), most of my focus this month was sorting out the pictures. Other than that it's been the typical updates for the month, I might have missed a couple of things due to losing a couple of weeks due to Christmas and being ill but that's what these threads are for.</p><p> </p><p>

Enjoy</p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="font-size:18px;">Database:</span></strong> <a href="http://www.mediafire.com/file/5n1uyloz5w7l1d1/01_TEW16_January_2019.zip" rel="external nofollow"><strong><span style="font-size:18px;">January 2019</span></strong></a></p><p>

<strong><span style="font-size:18px;">Graphics:</span></strong> <a href="http://www.mediafire.com/file/txwe8mbup8vzov1/01_TEWR_January_2019_Graphics_Pack.zip" rel="external nofollow"><strong><span style="font-size:18px;">January 2019</span></strong></a></p><p>

<strong><span style="font-size:18px;">Workers:</span></strong> <a href="http://www.mediafire.com/file/w0q0palu3d4l6du/TEWR_Worker_Pack_January_2019.zip" rel="external nofollow"><strong><span style="font-size:18px;">January 2019</span></strong></a></p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="SheepFM" data-cite="SheepFM" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41793" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>love how in depth youve made insane championship wrestling and all the scottish wrestlers you have</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> There is a reason for that, and hopefully that should be out in a month or two...</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TheWho87" data-cite="TheWho87" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41793" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>There is a reason for that, and hopefully that should be out in a month or two...</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> oh boy, are you able to give any teasing details?</p>

<p>Mance Warner</p><p> </p><p>

</p><div class="ipsEmbeddedVideo"><div><iframe width="200" height="113" src="https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/a2Ta54K7gb4?feature=oembed" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="" title="CZW - Mance Warner picks his TOD Stip"></iframe></div></div><p> </p><p>

Thank you Who for another update. As for Mance Warner. Definitely not weak on entertainment. I tweeked that to above average. and push to Upper Midcard. If you haven't seen his promos he's definitely got that "it" factor. After seeing his promos. I wanna go to NJ and drink beer in the parking lot with this guy LOL.</p>