Modding Discussion Thread

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Modding tips

Re-posted as I had put the queries in the general discussions forum earlier...

Hi all

After a long absence I am back to GDS (played a lot of WMMA 2 and 3 several years ago), and in particular to TEW 2016.

I am making a mod and have some questions, I would be very grateful for any advice given by the resident forum experts.

For my mod I envision a starting position with only three companies, in separate regions, who would immediately start employing workers and running shows. Over time, other companies would open up, mostly on a random basis, perhaps with some scheduled competitors in the three main regions after 1-2 years.

Background aside, here are my main queries:

1) What is the optimum range for worker #s versus company #s? To ensure that there is a good choice but also that lots of workers are not permanently unemployed.

2) I want the companies to have a good chance to grow and not go bankrupt, is there a way to tweak this? Would this be the settings for each region? I see the starting $ for each company, here I am referring more to the ease with which shows are rated as good.

3) I am using females only, starting with the females in the base game. Are there any adjustments required in terms of the benchmark abilities? Ultimately I would like a universe where the top females reach the same skill levels as the top males do in the default game.

4) Any suggestions as to the rate of new workers entering the game? Here I mean pre-defined workers, not regenerations. Say I had 500 workers in year one, how many should I plan to come in per annum?

5) When does the database actually start? I started one seemingly in 2000, with companies on random starts, but some companies came in before 2000 and were therefore already there in turn one.

I may come back with further queries (perhaps I forgot one or two), but thanks in advance!

I'm unsure as to whether this is the right place, but I've recently downloaded the September 18 picture pack and I'm trying to put it into my new September database, however, hardly any pictures are showing on characters. Is there anyway around this using the in game editor other than selecting workers one by one?

I'm unsure as to whether this is the right place, but I've recently downloaded the September 18 picture pack and I'm trying to put it into my new September database, however, hardly any pictures are showing on characters. Is there anyway around this using the in game editor other than selecting workers one by one?

If you go into the editor -> Workers-> Mass Edit - Picture Becomes Their Name it should fix some up but it depends on how the pictures themselves are named. If Shawn Michaels has no picture assigned because there is Shawn Michaels 1.jpg in the picture folder, then not much can be done besides manually adding pics to workers or renaming picture files to match the worker names.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="a0161613" data-cite="a0161613" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42115" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Could someone upload a copy of the 1992 Eye of the Storm mod with pictures please</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You should be able to get everything you need here:</p><p> <a href="http://www.wrestlingnexus.com/nexus/" rel="external nofollow">http://www.wrestlingnexus.com/nexus/</a></p>

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

<p>Hi everyone !</p><p>

I've been having a lot of new ideas for a TNA 2010 game... Unfortunately, I can't find any mod around these years. </p><p>

Does anyone has something that could help me ?</p><p>

Or even a data from between 2008 and 2012 that I could easily adapt for my game.</p><p> </p><p>

Thanks !</p>

<p>Bye Bye MOD Squad</p><p> </p><p>

Although I have been a fan of The MOD Squad's work, ultimately it is Adam's call so the question has to be now do we all look to 2020 or is someone looking to take up there mantel and look to do there own take on eras covered by the MOD Squad??</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="andydtazz" data-cite="andydtazz" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42115" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Although I have been a fan of The MOD Squad's work, ultimately it is Adam's call so the question has to be now do we all look to 2020 or is someone looking to take up there mantel and look to do there own take on eras covered by the MOD Squad??</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Hello. No idea what you're talking about. We haven't disappeared. 2020 game is a long way off and not many details released about the games to know whether what mod is coming to a future game we don't even have an editor for yet, or know what the scale of the work is. </p><p> </p><p> The thread was binned off and the inference is our threads aren't welcome on the boards at the moment. Since the game is ages away and Genadi's currently working on finishing off Summer of Punk at the moment, then it'll be a while until any announcement or thread is posted again. </p><p> </p><p> Cheers.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="andydtazz" data-cite="andydtazz" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42115" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Although I have been a fan of The MOD Squad's work, ultimately it is Adam's call so the question has to be now do we all look to 2020 or is someone looking to take up there mantel and look to do there own take on eras covered by the MOD Squad??</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Just because two of our team was wrongfully banned doesn't mean we left this forum. 2020 is year a way at least from reading Discussion thread. So before anyone decides to take a stab at the same years and starting times we used for TEW in the current game and past games. I will remind you we have Discord and everyone is welcome there and Forum rules dictate you have to ask our permission before you can redo our mods for TEW 2020. Anyways you never know what the Mod Squad has up our sleeves.</p>

• 4 weeks later...
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Mattah12" data-cite="Mattah12" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42115" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>So how do I physically begin the process of adding in new workers? I know how to cut pictures, but how do I create and add their data into the game? Is it in the Editor, or do I access the database?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The Pre-Game Editor, Workers, and Create New. Then go through the different sections.</p>

• 1 month later...
How do you get the gimmick and angle packs onto the database? I haven't been able to get them to copy into anything I've tried yet. Figured if I copied them to the created folder then they would be there but that hasn't been the case. Any help would be appreciated.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="neslo024" data-cite="neslo024" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42115" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>How do you get the gimmick and angle packs onto the database? I haven't been able to get them to copy into anything I've tried yet. Figured if I copied them to the created folder then they would be there but that hasn't been the case. Any help would be appreciated.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Are you looking to import the angle and gimmick packs from this site?</p><p> </p><p> If so, you'll need to create a new database for both and then copy the TEW2016.mdb file into the folder. You will also need to add a new folder called SaveGames </p><p> </p><p> Once done, you'll be able to import the angle and gimmick packs into your database</p>

Thank you for your reply. Sorry I should have been clearer. Yes the packs from this site. I've tried to make the bew folder and copy them and it still hasn't worked. I've seen the folder for save games but have never used them with prior mods. I'll check out the tutorial again on this page, maybe I missed something. Thanks again.

• 3 weeks later...
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="ATN90" data-cite="ATN90" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42115" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Anybody have working links for Genadi's Golden Age-mod?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> check</p><p> </p><p> <a href="https://homeofprowrestling.com/tew/tew%202016/rwmods.html" rel="external nofollow">https://homeofprowrestling.com/tew/tew%202016/rwmods.html</a></p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="hammerglenn" data-cite="hammerglenn" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42115" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>check<p> </p><p> <a href="https://homeofprowrestling.com/tew/tew%202016/rwmods.html" rel="external nofollow">https://homeofprowrestling.com/tew/tew%202016/rwmods.html</a></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thanks.</p>

• 3 weeks later...
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Grimmas" data-cite="Grimmas" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42115" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>What does "major company" mean in terms of the hall of immortals?<p> </p><p> Is it cult level or national level or global level or what?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Here's the text on the Hall of Immortals screen in-game:</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42115" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The Hall Of Immortals is the home of the most legendary wrestlers and tag teams of all time; only the absolute best of the best make it this far! Workers achieve this honour primarily through their successes while working for companies of National size or above.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Seems like it's only National and above, but the word <em>primarily</em> seems to imply that there are some secondary, perhaps even tertiary, characteristics, which may or may not include some success in Cult-sized companies as well. So yeah, hard to say definitively because of the wording, but it's probably safe to assume it's only National and above.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Juhaninski" data-cite="Juhaninski" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42115" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Here's the text on the Hall of Immortals screen in-game:<p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> Seems like it's only National and above, but the word <em>primarily</em> seems to imply that there are some secondary, perhaps even tertiary, characteristics, which may or may not include some success in Cult-sized companies as well. So yeah, hard to say definitively because of the wording, but it's probably safe to assume it's only National and above.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thank you, that does seem pretty definitive. Will be going with that.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Juhaninski" data-cite="Juhaninski" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42115" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Here's the text on the Hall of Immortals screen in-game:<p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> Seems like it's only National and above, but the word <em>primarily</em> seems to imply that there are some secondary, perhaps even tertiary, characteristics, which may or may not include some success in Cult-sized companies as well. So yeah, hard to say definitively because of the wording, but it's probably safe to assume it's only National and above.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I've always assumed it had a soft prestige check for universes like the original Thunderverse where there are no National level companies. But it's just that, an assumption.</p>