Your "Bad Man" Moments

We all have done things we aren't proud of when booking/ handling people on TEW, what are your examples of you being a complete and utter "Bad Man" to one or some of your workers?

One moment that made me feel a bit guilty afterwards was on my current CZCW game.

Fumihiro Ota broke his neck against Fro Sure, out for over 2 years and at the age of 40 I figured he would retire. So I was Bad Bad man and released him. To make matters worse it's now middle of 2018 and I've just hired him back to job for a couple months, his first opponent will be... Fro Sure :p

I don't really have many. I tend to be a velvet glove kind of guy and minimize morale issues as much as possible. But let a worker stir the pot to the point I want him gone, I'm not firing the guy. I'm setting up a special show where every single worker on the roster gets to win a one minute squash against the guy in consecutive order. Finishing off with my user character. The goal being to complete the process of angering the offender and making him walk out on me. If that fails, then maybe I will consider firing him. But most of the time it does the trick and he leaves with the kind of matching hatred for me that I have in character developed toward him.

<p>Mine is actually currently happening in my WCW '98 game. Roddy Piper and Savage were teaming against Bret Hart and Hogan. Piper accidentally injured Harts back resulting in Hart being out of action for about 2 months. Hart doesn't hold it against him, just a freak accident.</p><p> </p><p>

So the storyline comes to a slightly earlier end and I move Hogan on, and Savage, Hart has something planned for his return. That leaves Piper, still guilty no doubt about the inadvertent injury he inflicted, it would have been best for him to move onto a difference program to take his mind off things. However, I let him stew. </p><p> </p><p>

For no reason, Kevin Nash starts using his political power against Piper, not as you may guess as some form of retribution for Bret, but just simply because he is a d**k. His actions and clique building lead to around 15-20 people disliking Piper so no this poor guy is feeling guilty and isolated. What would any booker/owner with strong man management skills do?</p><p> </p><p>

Why, job him out of course and release him when he is no longer of use. I feel pretty bad about it but it is a forced hand and I would rather keep my locker room happy so yeah... F-him.</p>

<p>Poor Roddy you're a Bad Bad Man @Powerful_Fox</p><p> </p><p>

Another one on the same save with CZCW was Donnie J, the loyal Main eventer of several years. Well with the new guys coming in he was in the midcard, winning some and losing some and getting the occasional Main event to lose against the champion. By 2018 he's 5 years into time decline and no longer producing the goods... so being the well rounded guy I am, did I send him down to my dev company MAW to train guys , keeping a loyal guy in work? Nope I jobbed him out until he quit. Jobbing to opener Swoop McCarthy on his last match</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Powerful_Fox" data-cite="Powerful_Fox" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42627" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>For no reason, Kevin Nash starts using his political power against Piper, not as you may guess as some form of retribution for Bret, but just simply because he is a d**k. His actions and clique building lead to around 15-20 people disliking Piper so no this poor guy is feeling guilty and isolated. What would any booker/owner with strong man management skills do?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yeah, in my game, Cali Slick did the same thing to Onslaught. I think Slick is just picking on Onslaught because Onslaught is gay, but I don't know. I haven't released Onslaught yet, even though half the locker room is either tense or straight out dislikes him. Since the morale stays at 100%, it hasn't been too big of an issue yet, but Onslaught might have to go sooner or later.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Winter8905" data-cite="Winter8905" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42627" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>By 2018 he's 5 years into time decline and no longer producing the goods... </div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yeah, Donnie lasted a surprisingly long time as a main eventer in my game. It's currently the beginning of 2019 and he's still an upper midcarder. He only fell out of the main event about a year ago. I'd like to get rid of him, but he's got positive relationships with half the locker room, so I can't outright fire him, and he does have two proteges who he's helping on a pretty regular basis. At this point, he's out of the main event, so I'm just accepting the poor match ratings and hoping he'll last until his contract runs out in another two months.</p>

<p>Not really sure if it counts because he was being a douche too, but Aldous Blackfriar was being a major backstage vampire after I launched him into the main event scene due to his hugely successful Drag Queen gimmick. Not only was he an Extremely negative influence but he went on radio and claimed to be the only guy doing anything for the company. </p><p> </p><p>

This made me see red. I had taken him from nothing to being a main event champion and this is how he repays me!?</p><p> </p><p>

I had him lose to some up and coming main Eventers and then to a midcarder yet somehow he still had an 80 Pop. So I sent him to MAW to get his backstage negativity off my main roster. He complained loudly for a month so I brought him back for one last title shot which he lost obviously. He asked for his release and I refused. Then I had him continue losing to midcarders for a few weeks and he asked for his release again. </p><p> </p><p>

I refused and he decided to sit it out. </p><p> </p><p>

20 months he sat wasting away before his contract ended.</p>

<p>Signed Cody Rhodes on a PPA contract. Everything was good. I put my world title on him and figured it'd be best if I had him on a written deal as I had some balance. As soon as I offer him a written deal, WWE also offer him a written deal and after some contract wars, he came to being almost not affordable but my offer still was one of the two offers he was seriously considering. SOB had no loyalty and signed with WWE instead.</p><p> </p><p>

With his 7 days left, I had around 4 shows coming, had him lose to jobbers with burial road note and the jobbers dominating with a clean win. I was so angry, I forgot to book a championship match and the championship was left vacated.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Romans_Brass_Shovel" data-cite="Romans_Brass_Shovel" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42627" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>20 months he sat wasting away before his contract ended.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Wow that's vindictive, but I love it! I would have done the same thing. "I MADE YOU!"</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="vbase" data-cite="vbase" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42627" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Signed Cody Rhodes on a PPA contract. Everything was good. I put my world title on him and figured it'd be best if I had him on a written deal as I had some balance. As soon as I offer him a written deal, WWE also offer him a written deal and after some contract wars, he came to being almost not affordable but my offer still was one of the two offers he was seriously considering. SOB had no loyalty and signed with WWE instead.<p> </p><p> With his 7 days left, I had around 4 shows coming, had him lose to jobbers with burial road note and the jobbers dominating with a clean win. I was so angry, I forgot to book a championship match and the championship was left vacated.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I've found that it tends to go that way with the big companies. They'll let you have your top names, but as soon as you try to lock them up, they're like, "No, I might want him eventually" and swoop in with a competing bid.</p>

<p>The worst that I do is job out workers who are leaving and of course piss them off in the process. This usually happens when I'm playing Regional or below and I've built up a worker and he's made it to that point where he can join a bigger company. More money, more exposure and I don't blame them one bit for advancing their career. I do take exception when my promotion is what helped launch your career and you refuse to lose on your way out. In my opinion, that's a slap in my face for helping them for so long without them repaying the favor in the end.</p><p> </p><p>

This tends to happen in a much worse way when a worker refuses to lose to somebody who is on the same level as them. I've never pulled the 'screwjob', but you'll lose every match on the way out and made to look poorly.</p>

I've found that it tends to go that way with the big companies. They'll let you have your top names, but as soon as you try to lock them up, they're like, "No, I might want him eventually" and swoop in with a competing bid.

Yeah but I put a 90+ prestige title on him, WWE didn't, my company was a national size, WWE were cult size, and my company was 2nd to WWE in importance and 1st in influence. I was very near the popularity WWE had.

Yeah but I put a 90+ prestige title on him, WWE didn't, my company was a national size, WWE were cult size, and my company was 2nd to WWE in importance and 1st in influence. I was very near the popularity WWE had.

Happens to me in C-Verse. It has to do with being at war with another company. They'll go after whoever you go after.

• 2 weeks later...

<p>Mine are simple,</p><p> </p><p>

Don't want to lose to the worker I want you to lose to? Fine. As a result you will then get one of the following:</p><p> </p><p>

1) Get dominated by a worker of equal or better popularity at LEAST once a week until I'm satisfied.</p><p> </p><p>

2) Not appear at ALL for a length of time. No. I won't send you on vacation. Sit on your hands backstage and feel useless.</p><p> </p><p>

3)For those with creative control (I LOTHE CC and will never EVER hand it out), enjoy being subtly undercut in popularity until you WILL lose to whom I want you to lose to, then end up losing BADLY to that person. (I'm looking at you Bruce the Giant in earlier games...)</p><p> </p><p>

Those that constantly moan about losing (in my recent game both Danny Rushmore and Mick Muscles do this a LOT) I have a special dislike for. I had enormous trouble with Bruce the Giant in earlier games because of his CC and refusal to lose to people even slightly lower than him in pop or momentum.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="vbase" data-cite="vbase" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42627" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Signed Cody Rhodes on a PPA contract. Everything was good. I put my world title on him and figured it'd be best if I had him on a written deal as I had some balance. As soon as I offer him a written deal, WWE also offer him a written deal and after some contract wars, he came to being almost not affordable but my offer still was one of the two offers he was seriously considering. SOB had no loyalty and signed with WWE instead.<p> </p><p> With his 7 days left, I had around 4 shows coming, had him lose to jobbers with burial road note and the jobbers dominating with a clean win. I was so angry, I forgot to book a championship match and the championship was left vacated.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Wait... Did you say Cody Rhodes has no loyalty going to WWE... Ummm you got it backwards. It was complete loyalty going to WWE.</p>

<p>Not really bad man moments but more of a hardline stance. Reigns, Lesnar & Del Rio have all failed tests for steroids in my current real world save. All 3 got a suspension which pissed them off. </p><p>

Del Rio was already mad as I'd put Apollo Crews over him on the Smackdown before so the day his suspension ended he asked for his release which I happily handed him. </p><p>

Reigns came back and I had him do a promo, He asked to be unscripted which I declined so after the show he asks for his release... He's gone</p><p>

Lesnar has been suspended again since his initial one and he's started to fall in line but I've had a returning CM Punk go over him which he didn't like and he's down to lose to Sami Zayn at Wrestlemania so I expect he will want to quit soon.</p><p> </p><p>

No room for roids in my locker room</p>

Archived