Diary of a Mad McMahon

PROLOGUE

November 3rd 1997

Somewhere in Connecticut

http://imageshack.com/a/img922/1060/DPAswa.jpg

"Vince, we're second behind WCW and they are pulling further and further away from us. Our champion, one of the biggest wrestling superstars in the world, is unhappy and you're pitching that storyline to us!? What are you thinking?

I stared a hole through him as he spoke, just dying to tell him exactly what I was thinking.

"I'm thinking that I've been the top dog in this business for a long time and I'm the owner of the biggest and most successful wrestling company of all time! This is my company and what I say goes, dammit!"

What came out my mouth was a lot more polite, as I replied through gritted teeth.

"Look, Vince, we respect everything you've done to make the WWF the number one wrestling brand in the world, but things have to change. We can't let WCW run away from us. If you're not first, you're last."

"This might be your company, Vince, but without our financial backing, you would go bust in a week. Now if you're done with your little tantrum, we're willing to give you a chance to convince us that you can right this sinking ship"

Sinking ship?! Who did this woman think she was?! Sure things weren't perfect right now, but after being on top for so long, a few dips is to be expected.

"Fine, fine, fine. I admit that things haven't been great recently when compared to our past successes, but I can turn this around. I'll scrap my plans for Montreal and come up with something better. I'll save the WWF and make us a force once again, or my name isn't Vincent Kennedy McMahon!"

I got up and walked out. I would be lying if I said that I wasn't feeling the pressure slightly, but it does take pressure to form diamonds after all.

--------------------------------

My original plans for our annual Survivor Series show was to be scrapped and I had six days to come up with something better. I called all my writers and road agents into a room and told them that we aren't leaving until we have a plan for the future. No more short term bookings, everything up to Wrestlemania must be planned out accordingly. This was our opportunity to once again make the WWF the pinnacle wrestling company in the world and bury our rivals in the process.

I wouldn't let anything, or anyone, get in our way!

Next stop, Montreal.

--------------------------------

Diary of a Mad McMahon

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Russelrules44" data-cite="Russelrules44" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43729" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>If this doesn't get as popular as Turning the Tide, Sins of the Father or anything Lloyd has done in the last four years; I will be shocked.<p> </p><p> You've got a follower.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thank you. It is still early days and I am finalising my plans, so won't be up and running just yet I imagine. Hopefully the wait will be worth it</p>

<p>Epilogue part 2</p><p> </p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="text-decoration:underline;"><span style="font-size:18px;"><strong>PROLOGUE PART 2 - PRE SURVIVOR SERIES</strong></span></span></p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><em>Six days. Six long days we sat in that office trying to come up with something new and exciting. A way to separate us from the competition. We must have gone through 100 different plans and countless writers before we struck gold. Our plan for the future was finally laid out in front of us and it was up to us all to make it a reality. I called all the wrestlers into the locker room, sat them down and revealed to them the plans for the foreseeable future. I made it clear that if anyone had any worries or complaints, then now is the time to speak up. The general feeling was positive and almost everyone seemed excited to play their part. I heard a couple bad eggs mumbling in the back, but they soon shut up when I gave them the eyes. I wanted everyone to be on the same page and I made it clear that everyone will have the opportunity to impress me and earn their place in the biggest wrestling company in the world! </em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em>

The coming weeks will see a lot of changes. Gimmicks might change. Titles might change. Tag Teams might change. And when all is said and done, there will be one wrestling company left standing.</em></p></div><p></p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Uncrewed" data-cite="Uncrewed" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43729" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>100% Yes. I love this so far!</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thank you. I'll be posting a fans prediction for our Survivor Series show some time today so feel free to take part.</p>

<div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="font-size:18px;"><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Fan Prediction: Survivor Series 1997</span></strong></span></p></div><p></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43729" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><strong>Traditional Survivor Series Match:</strong> Mosh, Thrasher, Blackjack Windham, Blackjack Bradshaw v Henry O. Godwinn, Phineas L. Godwinn, Marc Mero, The Sultan<p> Comments:</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Tag Team Title Match:</strong> Animal and Hawk © v Billy Gunn and Road Dogg</p><p> Comments:</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Light Heavyweight Title Match:</strong> TAKA v ?</p><p> Comments:</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Traditional Survivor Series Match (If the Nation lose then they must split up. If they win then they will all receive separate title shots)</strong>: Nation of Domination v Ahmed Johnson, Goldust, Steve Blackman, Chainz</p><p> Comments:</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Intercontinental Title Match:</strong> Owen Hart © v Steve Austin</p><p> Comments:</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Traditional Survivor Series Match:</strong> Kane, HHH, Jeff Jarrett, British Bulldog v Vader, Ken Shamrock, Mankind, The Undertaker</p><p> Comments:</p><p> </p><p> <strong>WWF Title Match:</strong> Bret Hart © v HBK</p><p> Comments:</p><p> </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><p>---</p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><ul><li>Who will be the mystery opponent in the Light Heavyweight Title match?<br /></li><li>How many titles will change hands? (not including the Light Heavyweight title)<br /></li><li>What will be match of the night?<br /></li></ul><p></p><p> </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><p>---</p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Additional Comments:</strong></p></div></blockquote>

<p>Traditional Survivor Series Match: <strong>Mosh, Thrasher, Blackjack Windham, Blackjack Bradshaw</strong> v Henry O. Godwinn, Phineas L. Godwinn, Marc Mero, The Sultan</p><p>

Comments:</p><p> </p><p>

Tag Team Title Match: <strong>Animal and Hawk ©</strong> v Billy Gunn and Road Dogg</p><p>

Comments: Have you ever heard the phrase, too soon?</p><p> </p><p>

Light Heavyweight Title Match:<strong> TAKA </strong>v ?</p><p>

Comments: I dunno, Billy Kidman?</p><p> </p><p>

Traditional Survivor Series Match (If the Nation lose then they must split up. If they win then they will all receive separate title shots): <strong>Nation of Domination </strong>v Ahmed Johnson, Goldust, Steve Blackman, Chainz</p><p>

Comments: Ahmed turning heel would be interesting.</p><p> </p><p>

Intercontinental Title Match: Owen Hart © v <strong>Steve Austin</strong></p><p><strong>

</strong> Comments:</p><p> </p><p>

Traditional Survivor Series Match: Kane, HHH, Jeff Jarrett, British Bulldog v <strong>Vader, Ken Shamrock, Mankind, The Undertaker</strong></p><p>

WWF Title Match: Bret Hart © v<strong> HBK</strong></p><p>

Comments: Via of course, the dreaded screwjob.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

---</p><p> </p><p>

•Who will be the mystery opponent in the Light Heavyweight Title match?- Billy Kidman.</p><p>

•How many titles will change hands? (not including the Light Heavyweight title) Two.</p><p>

•What will be match of the night? Hart and HBK.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

---</p><p> </p><p>

Additional Comments: Good luck with this, I can't wait to see where you take this!</p>

Traditional Survivor Series Match: Mosh, Thrasher, Blackjack Windham, Blackjack Bradshaw v Henry O. Godwinn, Phineas L. Godwinn, Marc Mero, The Sultan

Comments:

Tag Team Title Match: Animal and Hawk © v Billy Gunn and Road Dogg

Comments:

Light Heavyweight Title Match: TAKA v ?

Comments:

Traditional Survivor Series Match (If the Nation lose then they must split up. If they win then they will all receive separate title shots): Nation of Domination v Ahmed Johnson, Goldust, Steve Blackman, Chainz

Comments:

Intercontinental Title Match: Owen Hart © v Steve Austin

Comments:

Traditional Survivor Series Match: Kane, HHH, Jeff Jarrett, British Bulldog v Vader, Ken Shamrock, Mankind, The Undertaker

Comments:

WWF Title Match: Bret Hart © v HBK

Comments:

---

Who will be the mystery opponent in the Light Heavyweight Title match?- Brian Christopher

How many titles will change hands? (not including the Light Heavyweight title)- 3

What will be match of the night?- Bret/HBK

Headbangers and Blackjacks - The Blackjacks feel like a bit of a missed opportunity, you just need to get them a little bit of an Attitude edge so they don't look like 80s gimmicks.

Billy and Jesse - This is almost a given. The LOD never truly evolved out of the 80s, and you need champs for a new universe.

Taka - Unless you have a Rey Mysterio tucked away somewhere, Taka is your man.

Nation of Domination - Just because they receive title shots doesn't mean they win most of them.

Steve Austin - Austin is the hottest thing in the wrestling world outside of Sting, so he goes over huge here.

Kane, 3H, Jarrett, Bulldog - Kane turns the tide here, as he picks up a huge win for his team.

Bret Hart - Something tells me you aren't going to go the screwjob route here. So Bret keeps the belt in Montreal, and we as readers venture into a brand new world.

Al Snow

Two

Owen vs. Austin

<p>Traditional Survivor Series Match: <strong>Mosh, Thrasher, Blackjack Windham, Blackjack Bradshaw </strong>v Henry O. Godwinn, Phineas L. Godwinn, Marc Mero, The Sultan</p><p>

Tag Team Title Match: Animal and Hawk © v <strong>Billy Gunn and Road Dogg</strong></p><p>

Comments:Oh you didn't know?? You're ASS better call somebody!</p><p> </p><p>

Light Heavyweight Title Match: <strong>TAKA</strong> v ?</p><p>

Comments:2coldScorp</p><p> </p><p>

Traditional Survivor Series Match (If the Nation lose then they must split up. If they win then they will all receive separate title shots): <strong>Nation of Domination </strong>v Ahmed Johnson, Goldust, Steve Blackman, Chainz</p><p>

Intercontinental Title Match: Owen Hart © v <strong>Steve Austin</strong></p><p>

Traditional Survivor Series Match:<strong> Kane, HHH, Jeff Jarrett, British Bulldog </strong>v Vader, Ken Shamrock, Mankind, The Undertaker</p><p>

WWF Title Match: <strong>Bret Hart ©</strong> v HBK</p><p>

Comments: I think although your champ is "pi$$ed" you don't screw him and its a new dawn at the WWF</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

---</p><p> </p><p>

•Who will be the mystery opponent in the Light Heavyweight Title match? 2ColdScorpio</p><p>

•How many titles will change hands? (not including the Light Heavyweight title) 2</p><p>

•What will be match of the night? Tricky between Hart v Austin or Hart v Micheals...... but I'm going for <strong>Hart v Austin</strong></p>

<p>Thank you to everyone who has taken part so far. I will look to post the show either this evening or tomorrow morning. </p><p> </p><p>

This is my first proper game on TEW so there will be a bit of a learning curve for me, but hopefully I can put into action the plans I have</p>

<p>Traditional Survivor Series Match: Mosh, Thrasher, Blackjack Windham, Blackjack Bradshaw v <strong>Henry O. Godwinn, Phineas L. Godwinn, Marc Mero, The Sultan</strong></p><p>

Comments:That seems like a minus five stars in the making.</p><p> </p><p>

Tag Team Title Match: <strong>Animal and Hawk ©</strong> v Billy Gunn and Road Dogg</p><p>

Comments:I don't like the outlaws so much</p><p> </p><p>

Light Heavyweight Title Match: TAKA v <strong>?</strong></p><p>

Comments:CHOPPY CHOPPY</p><p> </p><p>

Traditional Survivor Series Match (If the Nation lose then they must split up. If they win then they will all receive separate title shots): <strong>Nation of Domination</strong> v Ahmed Johnson, Goldust, Steve Blackman, Chainz</p><p>

Comments:I'll not bet on Chainz.</p><p> </p><p>

Intercontinental Title Match: <strong>Owen Hart ©</strong> v Steve Austin</p><p>

Traditional Survivor Series Match: Kane, HHH, Jeff Jarrett, British Bulldog v <strong>Vader, Ken Shamrock, Mankind, The Undertaker</strong></p><p>

Comments:I'm a Taker mark</p><p> </p><p>

WWF Title Match: <strong>Bret Hart ©</strong> v HBK</p><p>

Comments:You said the plans changed, so...</p><p> </p><p>

---</p><p> </p><p>

Who will be the mystery opponent in the Light Heavyweight Title match? <strong>Great Sasuke seems to make sense considering their history.</strong></p><p>

How many titles will change hands? (not including the Light Heavyweight title) <strong>I predicted 0</strong></p><p>

What will be match of the night?</p><p>

<strong>Hart vs. HBK, naturally</strong></p><p>

---</p><p> </p><p>

Additional Comments:Push Steve Blackman.</p>

<p>Traditional Survivor Series Match:<strong> Mosh, Thrasher, Blackjack Windham, Blackjack Bradshaw</strong> v Henry O. Godwinn, Phineas L. Godwinn, Marc Mero, The Sultan</p><p>

Comments: Choppy Choppy</p><p> </p><p>

Traditional Survivor Series Match (If the Nation lose then they must split up. If they win then they will all receive separate title shots):<strong> Nation of Domination</strong> v Ahmed Johnson, Goldust, Steve Blackman, Chainz</p><p>

Intercontinental Title Match: <strong>Owen Hart ©</strong> v Steve Austin</p><p>

WWF Title Match: Bret Hart © v <strong>HBK</strong></p><p>

---</p><p> </p><p>

Who will be the mystery opponent in the Light Heavyweight Title match? Liger?</p><p>

How many titles will change hands?0</p><p>

What will be match of the night? Hart/HBK</p>

<p>Traditional Survivor Series Match: Mosh, Thrasher, Blackjack Windham, Blackjack Bradshaw v <strong>Henry O. Godwinn, Phineas L. Godwinn, Marc Mero, The Sultan</strong></p><p>

Comments: Mero and The Sultan</p><p> </p><p>

Tag Team Title Match: Animal and Hawk © v <strong>Billy Gunn and Road Dogg</strong></p><p>

Comments: </p><p> </p><p>

Traditional Survivor Series Match (If the Nation lose then they must split up. If they win then they will all receive separate title shots): <strong>Nation of Domination</strong> v Ahmed Johnson, Goldust, Steve Blackman, Chainz</p><p>

Comments: The Nation are too useful to lose right now </p><p> </p><p>

Intercontinental Title Match: Owen Hart © v <strong>Steve Austin</strong></p><p>

Comments: </p><p> </p><p>

WWF Title Match: <strong>Bret Hart </strong>© v HBK</p><p>

Comments: If you manage to keep hold of Bret then he should keep the title till Mania when he goes up against a certain Rattlesnake</p><p> </p><p>

---</p><p> </p><p>

Who will be the mystery opponent in the Light Heavyweight Title match?</p><p>

<strong>Brian Christopher</strong></p><p>

How many titles will change hands? (not including the Light Heavyweight title)</p><p>

<strong>One</strong></p><p>

What will be match of the night?</p><p>

<strong>Bret and Shawn</strong></p><p> </p><p>

---</p><p> </p><p>

Additional Comments:</p>

<p><strong>Headbangers & Blackjacks</strong> vs Godwinns, Mero & Sultan</p><p>

I'm a fan of H.O.G, but all 4 men on that team are made to put people over</p><p> </p><p>

L.O.D vs <strong>New Age Outlaws</strong></p><p>

Oh you didn't know!?!</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>TAKA</strong> vs ???</p><p>

Usually, I love ???, but I am going with TAKA here</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Nation</strong> vs Ahmed, Goldust, Blackman & Chainz</p><p>

Splitting The Nation up this early seems abrupt</p><p> </p><p>

Owen Hart vs <strong>Steve Austin</strong></p><p>

Austin is unstoppable, unless being dropped on his head...</p><p> </p><p>

Kane, HHH, Jarrett, British Bulldog vs <strong>Vader, Shamrock, Mankind, Undertaker</strong></p><p>

I have a hard time going against The Undertaker</p><p> </p><p>

Bret Hart vs <strong>Shawn Michaels</strong> </p><p>

Something feels screwy here...</p><p> </p><p>

Who will be the mystery opponent in the Light Heavyweight Title match? Brian Christopher</p><p>

How many titles will change hands? 3</p><p>

What will be match of the night? Hart/HBK</p>

<p>Traditional Survivor Series Match: <strong>Mosh, Thrasher, Blackjack Windham, Blackjack Bradshaw</strong> v Henry O. Godwinn, Phineas L. Godwinn, Marc Mero, The Sultan</p><p>

Light Heavyweight Title Match: TAKA v <strong>?</strong></p><p>

WWF Title Match: Bret Hart © v <strong>HBK</strong></p><p>

---</p><p> </p><p>

Who will be the mystery opponent in the Light Heavyweight Title match? Rikishi</p><p>

How many titles will change hands? (not including the Light Heavyweight title) 2</p><p>

What will be match of the night? Bret Hart vs HBK</p>

<p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd63/whitleighboy/WWFSurvivorSeries4.jpg</span></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>16th November, 1997</strong></p></div><p></p><p> </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>Live from the North West (USA)</strong></p></div><p></p><p> </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>Tonight's attendance is 25,000</strong></p></div><p></p><p> </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>Your Announcers for the night are Jim Ross and Jerry "The King" Lawler</strong></p></div><p></p><p> </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd63/whitleighboy/Jim%20Ross%2097_1.jpg</span><span>http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd63/whitleighboy/Jerry%20Lawler%2095.jpg</span></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43729" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd63/whitleighboy/Vince%20McMahon%2095.jpg</span><p> </p><p> I made the decision to start the show with a pre-recorded video of me in my office. In this video I explained that this is the start of a new era for the WWF and that from here on out, I make all the decisions around here. I pick the matches and I run the show. </p><p> This got the show off to a good start and got a reaction from the crowd. </p><p> </p><p> <strong>Grade B- 72</strong></p></div><p></p><p></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43729" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd63/whitleighboy/WWFLightHeavy.jpg</span><p> </p><p> <span>http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd63/whitleighboy/Taka%20Michinoku%2097_2.jpg</span><span>http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd63/whitleighboy/Jushin%20Liger%203.jpg</span></p><p> </p><p> The opening bout of the night saw TAKA compete against a surprise wrestler for the honour of becoming the first ever WWF Light Heavyweight champion. </p><p> We had managed to sign up Japanese legend Jushin “Thunder” Liger to be the surprise opponent! </p><p> It paid off as he and TAKA had good chemistry and put on a solid match. I can see the eventual rematch surpassing this one.</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Grade C- 54</strong></p></div><p></p><p></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43729" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd63/whitleighboy/wwftag0.jpg</span><p> </p><p> <span>http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd63/whitleighboy/Animal.jpg</span><span>http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd63/whitleighboy/Hawk.jpg</span><span>http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd63/whitleighboy/Billy%20Gunn%2098%202.jpg</span><span>http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd63/whitleighboy/Road%20Dogg.jpg</span></p><p> </p><p> Next up saw Hawk and Animal defend their Tag Team titles against the team of the New Age Outlaws. In an exciting match that really got the crown hot, Billy Gunn got the pin fall victory over Hawk to win the WWF Tag Team titles for the first time as a team</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Grade B 81</strong></p></div><p></p><p></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43729" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd63/whitleighboy/Farooq%20NOD.jpg</span><span>http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd63/whitleighboy/Goldust%201.jpg</span><p> </p><p> Camera cuts to a backstage shot of Faarooq beating up Goldust and leaving him unresponsive </p><p> </p><p> <strong>Grade B 77</strong></p></div><p></p><p></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43729" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd63/whitleighboy/Mosh.jpg</span><span>http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd63/whitleighboy/Thrasher.jpg</span><span>http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd63/whitleighboy/Blackjack%20Bradshaw.jpg</span><span>http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd63/whitleighboy/Blackjack%20Windham.jpg</span><span>http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd63/whitleighboy/The%20Sultan%202.jpg</span><span>http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd63/whitleighboy/Marc%20Mero%2098.jpg</span><p> </p><p> In a subpar match with little crown heat, The Sultan got the pin fall over Blackjack Windham. I didn’t have high hopes for this match and only really put it together as I have plans for a couple of the wrestlers involved, but I was still disappointed.</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Grade C- 55</strong></p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43729" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd63/whitleighboy/The%20Sultan%202.jpg</span><span>http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd63/whitleighboy/Don%20Callis%203.jpg</span><p> After The Sultans victory, The Jackal cut a promo to warn the world that the Sultan will face anyone, at anytime and nothing will stop him from taking over.</p><p> This was a really underwhelming promo and I was very disappointed in The Jackal.</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Grade C 64</strong></p></div><p></p><p></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43729" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd63/whitleighboy/Farooq%20NOD.jpg</span><span>http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd63/whitleighboy/The%20Rock%2011.jpg</span><span>http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd63/whitleighboy/DLo%20Brown%202.jpg</span><span>http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd63/whitleighboy/Kama%203.jpg</span><span>http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd63/whitleighboy/Steve%20Blackman%203.jpg</span><span>http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd63/whitleighboy/Brian%20Lee%204.jpg</span><span>http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd63/whitleighboy/Ahmed%20Johnson%205_1.jpg</span><span>http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd63/whitleighboy/Terry%20Funk%2097.jpg</span><p> </p><p> The next match saw the Nation of Domination face the team of Steve Blackman, Chainz, Ahmed Johnson and, as a replacement for the injured Goldust, a returning Terry Funk. </p><p> In what ended up being a decent match, Steve Blackman managed to outlast the Nation and score a pin fall victory over Kama Mustafa. As per the pre match stipulation, the Nation now have to disband.</p><p> I was pleasantly surprised by this match as I lost Goldust late on and had to find a replacement and I also had to throw Chainz into the match as I didn’t have a suitable fourth person. It became very clear that The Rock and Faarooq were head and shoulders above the rest and I hope disbanding the Nation will do them wonders.</p><p> Unfortunately, Kama Mustafa picked up an injury in the match and may need to rest up for a while.</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Grade C+ 67</strong></p></div><p></p><p></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43729" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd63/whitleighboy/WWF%20IC.jpg</span><p> </p><p> <span>http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd63/whitleighboy/Owen%20Hart%2097%203.jpg</span><span>http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd63/whitleighboy/Steve%20Austin%2097.jpg</span></p><p> </p><p> Next saw Owen Hart and Steve Austin meet in a match up for the Intercontinental title. This was high on everyone potential match of the night lists and it did not disappoint. Owen and Austin put on a wrestling clinic and had great heat. </p><p> The ending saw Austin win as Owen chose to get intentionally counted out as soon as Austin started to get the upper hand. </p><p> </p><p> <strong>Grade B 81</strong></p></div><p></p><p></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43729" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd63/whitleighboy/Steve%20Austin%2097.jpg</span><p> </p><p> As Owen ran to the back and Austin regained his senses, he came to the realisation that Owen Hart had forfeited the match and thus kept hold of his title. This sent Austin into a rage and he preceeded to destroy the Spanish announce table</p><p> Austin looked like a real star in this angle and will certainly build on this for the future</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Grade A 93</strong> </p></div><p></p><p></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43729" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd63/whitleighboy/Mankind%202.jpg</span><span>http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd63/whitleighboy/The%20Undertaker%20LOD.jpg</span><span>http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd63/whitleighboy/Ken%20Shamrock%2098_4.jpg</span><span>http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd63/whitleighboy/Vader%209.jpg</span><span>http://s222.photobucket.com/user/whitleighboy/media/Kane%2013_1.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0</span><span>http://s222.photobucket.com/user/whitleighboy/media/Triple%20H%2098.jpg.html</span><span>http://s222.photobucket.com/user/whitleighboy/media/Jeff%20Jarrett%205.jpg.html</span><span>http://s222.photobucket.com/user/whitleighboy/media/British%20Bulldog%202.jpg.html</span><p> </p><p> In our final Survivor Series 4 v 4 elimination match of the night, Mankind, The Undertaker, Vader and Ken Shamrock took on the team of Kane, HHH, Jeff Jarrett and the British Bulldog. </p><p> The match featured some great wrestling and some major shocks as Mankind and The Undertaker turned heel and aligned themselves with Kane after beating up Vader and Ken Shamrock during the match to give the victory to the heel team. </p><p> </p><p> <strong>Grade B 81</strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p></div><p></p><p></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43729" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd63/whitleighboy/The%20Undertaker%20LOD.jpg</span><span>http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd63/whitleighboy/Kane%2013_1.jpg</span><span>http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd63/whitleighboy/Mankind%202.jpg</span><span>http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd63/whitleighboy/Triple%20H%2098.jpg</span><p> </p><p> After the match, the team of The Undertaker, Kane and Mankind beat down Triple H and leave him bloodied in the middle of the ring</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Grade A* 99</strong></p></div><p></p><p></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43729" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd63/whitleighboy/WWFWorld97.jpg</span><p> </p><p> <span>http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd63/whitleighboy/Shawn%20Michaels%2097%202.jpg</span><span>http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd63/whitleighboy/Bret%20Hart%2014.jpg</span></p><p> </p><p> In our main event of the evening, Bret Hart defended his WWF title against arch rival Shawn Michaels.</p><p> Shawn Michaels defeated Bret Hart by way of DQ after Bret Hart attacked HBK with a steel chair in what ended up being an exceptional match with good chemistry. Despite losing, Bret Hart keeps his title.</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Grade B+ 86</strong></p><p> </p></div><p></p><p></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43729" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd63/whitleighboy/Shawn%20Michaels%2097%202.jpg</span><span>http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd63/whitleighboy/Bret%20Hart%2014.jpg</span><p> </p><p> After the match, Bret continued to beat down HBK with the steel chair and had to be separated by officials. </p><p> This was a great way to end the show and really has set up perfectly for a rematch down the line.</p><p> </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>Grade A* 100</strong></p><p> </p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="font-size:18px;">OVERALL GRADE B 82</span></strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong> </strong><strong><span style="font-size:18px;">BUY RATE 0.81</span></strong><strong> </strong></p><p> </p><p> ---</p><p> </p><p> So our first show of the new era is in the books and all in all it was a decent show. Some of the matches let me down, but I didn't have a lot of time to put match card together and thus had to make do with what was available to me. This meant I had to throw a few wrestlers in the mix who I would have preferred to leave off.</p><p> </p><p> An argument can be made that where we really shined was during some of the angles and they really made a difference between a successful show and a flop. I think we have a good base to build on and will improve show on show from here on out.</p><p> </p><p> ---</p><p> </p><p> I had to pull Goldust from the show last minute as he failed a drug test. I have high expectations for Goldust in the future so I took the opportunity to ship him off to rehab in the hopes that this will help him get better.</p><p> </p><p> ---</p></div><p></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Billionaire Ted and his WWF rejects held their annual World War 3 show on the same night as Survivor Series. Despite attracting a sold out 50,000 attendance, they scored a lower grade than us with a B 77. The main event involved a couple rejects as Nash beat Luger for the WW3 Title. I will say that I was impressed with Scott Hall who featured in the two highest scoring matches of the night as he beat Hulk Hogan before losing to the aforementioned Lex Luger.</p></div></blockquote>

<div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong><span style="font-size:14px;">Predication Results: Survivor Series 1997</span></strong></p></div><p></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43729" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><strong>Liger!Liger!: </strong>5<p> </p><p> <strong>to4sty: </strong>5</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Beejus:</strong> 3</p><p> </p><p> <strong>The_Monk:</strong> 3</p><p> </p><p> <strong>ImWreck:</strong> 3</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Russelrules44:</strong> 2</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Uncrewed:</strong> 2</p><p> </p><p> <strong>TheMikeKoplin:</strong> 2</p><p> </p><p> <strong>merrykieran2: </strong>2</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> There will be a prize for the winner, but I'm unsure what it will be yet. My original plan was to allow the winner to co-plan a storyline with me, but we'll see</p>

<p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd63/whitleighboy/WWF_1.jpg</span></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong> 17th November, 1997</strong></p></div><p></p><p> </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>Your attendance tonight is 11,601</strong></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Your announcers are Michael Cole and Kevin Kelly</strong></p><p> </p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43729" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><p>You opener sees a debuting Jerry Lynn face off against Brian Christopher. The match had terrible wrestling and non-existent crown heat as Jerry Lynn secured the pinfall victory. </p><p> </p><p><strong> Grade D 46 </strong></p><p> </p><p> Next up was Savio Vega take on Bart Gunn in a battle of the mid carders. Savio Vega managed to pick up the win with a Caribbean Kick in a sub-par match</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Grade D+ 52</strong></p><p> </p><p> We cut to the big screen for an exclusive post Survivor Series interview from D’Lo Brown and Kama Mustafa. D’Lo tells us that they are both taking some time off to regroup following the break up of the Nation, but they will be back and better than ever.</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Grade D 47</strong></p><p> </p><p> Tag team action next as the Headbangers secure the win against the Truth Commission in a terrible match</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Grade D 45</strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p> </p><p> Our main event of the night see The Sultan carry on his impressive form with a victory over Brain Adams</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Grade C- 53</strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="font-size:18px;">OVERALL GRADE D- 39</span></strong></p><p> </p><p> ---</p></div><p></p></div></blockquote><p></p><p> </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><em>Honestly, the less said about this the better</em></p></div><p></p>

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd63/whitleighboy/WWF%20Raw%20Is%20War4.jpg

17th November, 1997

Your attendance tonight is 11,601

Your announcers tonight are Jim Ross and Jerry "The King" Lawler

RAW Moment

JR and King welcome us to the show as I make my way to the ring...

No chance in hell...

I soak in the boos and hisses as I pander to the crowds pantomime.

"Shut up, dammit!! Last night I told all the wrestlers in the back and you lot out here and I am the man around here. The only man! And from here on out I am the only person who will be the booking matches because what I say goes. So all the guys in the back better watch their step and not get on the wrong side of me or el..."

I'm just a sexy boy...

"Vince. I'll cut to the chase. Last night in Montreal, Bret screwed me out of my chance to get back what is rightfully mine- the WWF championship. And I demand a rematch tonight!"

"You demand!? Who do you think you are standing in my ring and demanding anything! I'm Vincent Kennedy McMahon and you are a nobody! Now on to the topic of last night. What Bret did was unacceptable and I've suspended him without pay indefinitely. That means you'll have to wait until In Your House for your rematch"

"Okay. Yeah. If I have to wait to get my hands on that son of a bitch then I'll wait."

Shawn turned and left the ring and I waited until he got to the top of the ramp before I made my move

"Oh and Shawn, I suggest you go and get your boots on because tonight you'll be defending your European title. Don't ever interrupt me again!"

No chance

Grade A* 100

Our opening match sees a newly debuting 2 Cold Scorpio v Bob Holly in what ended up being a terrible match. 2 Cold picked up the win with a Tumbleweed.

Grade D 44

Next up we cut to Animal and Hawk who are stood in the middle of the ring. They claim that last night they were off their game and Billy Gunn and Road Dogg got lucky in victory. They demand their rematch right here, right now. The New Age Outlaws answer the challenge and we have a match!

Grade C+ 70

In a rematch from Survivor Series, the New Age Outlaws defend their newly won titles against previous champions Legion of Doom. In a hard-hitting match, Billy Gunn manages to secure the win over Animal with a piledriver to remain the tag team champions.

This will probably be the last time we see this match for a while as it felt a bit stale

Grade C 64

The Undertaker, Kane, Mankind and Paul Bearer enter the ring. The Undertaker cuts a promo explaining his actions from the previous night. He declares that the newly formed Ministry is here to destroy the WWF from within. This promo really got the crown going and could prove to be the start of something special for this new era of wrestling

Grade A* 95

In a battle of the midcarders, Ahmed Johnson gets the win over Marc Mero via Spinebuster

Grade C+ 66

Next up sees out traditional squash match as The Sultan gets the quick domination win over development talent Ron Killings

Grade E+ 34

Following the easy win, The Jackal gets in the ring and cuts a promo about how The Sultan isn't afraid of anyone and will take any challenge that the WWF throws his way

Grade C- 55

The Rock enters the ring to discuss the consequences of last nights lose. He thanks his fellow Nation members and says it is time to look forward and aim for the top of the WWF. As he is making his speech, however, Faarooq jumps the barricade and attacks Rocky leaving him in a pile in the middle of the ring

Grade B 81

Last nights loser Vader and Ken Shamrock are next in action against Intercontinental champion Owen Hart and the British Bulldog. An excellent back and forth match saw Vader and Shamrock declared winners after Steve Austin distracts Owen Hart allowing Vader to his the Vader Bomb on Bulldog and get the win for the team.

Vader and Shamrock had excellent chemistry in this match, which may lead to them teaming more often down the line.

Sadly, Owen Hart picked up a knock as he suffered a separated shoulder at the hands of Ken Shamrock

Grade B 76

Following the win, Vader and Shamrock warn the newly formed Ministry that they want retribution for last night’s beat down

Grade C- 58

Our main event of the night sees Shawn Michaels defend his European title against toughman Steve Blackman. Shawn Michaels had the upper hand for most of the match until a brief distraction in which Bret Harts music plays gives Blackman the opening to secure the win and claim the European title.

Grade B 78

As Blackman makes his way to the back with his European title, HBK stands in the middle of the ring enraged by Bret’s actions

Grade A 89

Overall Grade B 79

---

Overall, an okay show which gives us some building blocks for the future. Unfortunately, Nitro scored a slightly higher score with a B 81. They might win this week, they might win next week, but they are going to lose the war.

I'll be honest, it took way longer to put together these few reviews than I thought, mainly because Photobucket is shit and imgur links don't seem to show up on here.

If it takes me this long to post every show then It's going to be a very slow process. Right now I've planned about 12 months for quite a lot of the big players, I just hope I don't lose the desire whilst writing the reviews.

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd63/whitleighboy/WWF%20Raw%20Is%20War4.jpg

24th November, 1997

Your attendance tonight is 11,301

Your announcers tonight are Jim Ross and Jerry "The King" Lawler

RAW Moment

Show starts with Shawn Michaels in the ring.

"Last week, that coward Bret Hart cost me my European title and I won't let him get away with it. I had Blackman soundly beaten before the distraction by Bret! He's trying to get into my head because he knows I'm going to take back my WWF title at In Your House, but it won't work! I'm the Heartbreak Kid and the best in the world and it'll take more than some silly schoolboy tricks to beat me!”

“I hope you’re enjoying your vacation, Bret, because in next week at In Your House, I am going to retire you and take back my title!”

This was a great start to the show and really got the crown going

Grade A* 96

In a battle to determine who will face Light Heavyweight champion Jushin Liger at In Your House, TAKA and Brian Christopher go to a 15 minute time limit draw. After some careful consideration, we have declared that there will be a triple threat match at In Your House involving all three competitors.

Grade C- 75

We cut to the backstage area as the newly formed ministry are grouped together in their locker room.

"Myself, my brother Kane and Mankind will not stop until we have taken every last soul in the WWF. I don't care if you're a champion or a nobody; we are here to destroy you.

“Vader, Shamrock, you will be our first victims. Next week, at In Your House, we will break you and bury your souls for good. I hope you can find a third person willing to be a sacrifice else we will have an easy time.”

It has been announced that the team of the Ministry will take on Vader, Ken Shamrock and a third partner of their choosing at In Your House.

Grade A* 95

Faarooq defeats Chainz in a hard hitting affair.

Grade C+68

As Faarooq celebrates his victory, The Rock jumps the barricade and attacks him, laying him out in the ring. The Rock grabs a mic and demands that Faarooq meets him one on one at In Your House.

Rock really has such a great presence and the high grade is larger down to him here.

Grade A 90

Local jobber Ekmo Fatu tries his luck against the rampaging Sultan, but comes up unsuccessful in a largely one sided encounter.

Grade E+ 33

Following the win, The Jackal grabs the mic and declares this to be one more step on the way to The Sultan taking over the WWF

Grade C 61

Next up, some eye candy, as Sunny enters the ring. She puts a warning out to everyone in the WWF that she is on the hunt for someone new to manage and when she finds him, they will go straight to the top of the WWF.

Sunny performed well here and I will be looking to use her more often in the future.

Grade C 65

In a battle of old partners, Billy Gunn defeated Bart Gunn after 11 minutes of action.

Grade C+ 70

After picking up an impressive win, Billy Gunn and his partner Road Dogg cut a promo telling all the tag teams in the world that they are the best and nobody can stop them. They issue an open challenge for In Your House to anyone brave enough to face them.

Grade C+85

We cut to the back area to a bloody and unconscious Shawn Michaels. Who could have done this and what will it mean for his title match with Bret at In Your House?

Grade A* 100

Hard hitting action next as the team of Mankind and Kane take on The New Blackjacks. It took longer than they would have liked, but in the end Kane gets the pin on Blackjack Bradshaw to give the Ministry the win.

Grade B 81

We cut to my office as I am sat at my desk. In walks Sable who asks me what she has to do in order to get Marc Mero a European title shot at In Your House. I’m sure something can be arranged…

Grade B 78

Owen Hart and the British Bulldog are in the ring, Owen with his Intercontinental belt laid out in the middle of the ring. Owen talks about "that chicken Steve Austin" and lambasts him for resorting to cowardly tactics last week. He tells Austin that he is the Intercontinental champion because he is the greatest wrestler in the history of the WWF and warns him that if he ever has the misfortune of being in the same ring as Austin ever again, he will prove that by snapping Austins neck...again.

With Owens back to the announce table, he did not see Austin jump the barricade and storm the ring until it was too late. Austin laid out Bulldog as Owen ran up the ramp, leaving his Intercontinental belt in the ring. Austin held the title belt above his head and told Owen that he's coming for him at In Your House.

Grade B+ 86

In tonight’s main event, The Undertaker picks up the win over Jeff Jarrett before being joined in the ring by Kane and Mankind to celebrate.

Grade B 78

As The Ministry celebrate in the ring, Vader and Ken Shamrock appear at the top of the ramp. They stare down the team before telling them that they have found the perfect team mate for their 3 on 3 match at In Your House.

Grade B+ 87

Overall Grade B+ 87

---

A decent go home show before In Your House, setting up for what should be a strong PPV. Made even better by beating Nitro in the ratings!

Some bad news coming out the show as Shawn Michaels fails a drugs test. It was for painkillers so I have decided to give him a slap on the wrist in the hopes that he gets his stuff in order.

Speaking of HBK, he doesnt believe that Blackjack Bradshaw connects well with the fans.

Similarly, Road Dogg thinks Brian Christopher is clumsy in the ring.

Archived