Thank You GDS

NoNeck

<p>Hi all. For those of you that have been around awhile, I used to spend a lot of time on these boards posting wrestling diaries. I loved it; writing these types of stories for these types of fans were some of the most creative things I've ever done.</p><p> </p><p>

Long story short, I decided recently that the one thing I had always wanted to do was run a wrestling company. And like a cheesy wrestling diary premise, I came into some money and got the go-ahead from my wife and family to pursue it and here we are. I'm doing it for real.</p><p> </p><p>

I'm going to post the website info below, but mostly I just wanted to drop in and say thank you. The developers, the writers, the posters, and the silent but always following readers; everyone. It's here that this silly dream of mine brewed and sat in wait, so thanks GDS family, I'm much obliged.</p><p> </p><p>

<a href="http://www.prowrestlingtakeover.com" rel="external nofollow">http://www.prowrestlingtakeover.com</a></p>

I love the look of the website, NoNeck!

Also, the name really stands out as something unique and could bring forward some interesting stories.

Congratulations on making a dream come true and best of luck going forward. I've already bookmarked the website; so, I can stop by and see what's up.

<p><span style="font-family:TAHOMA;">This is super awesome, NoNeck. I am so happy for you as you move forward with this. Though, I'm on the other end of the United States, if there is anything that we can do to help you with this endeavor I am sure that you will have a lot of support here, including myself. </span></p><p><span style="font-family:TAHOMA;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:TAHOMA;">

I pray for the success of your company.</span></p>

This is incredible. I live in Maine and my work is based right around Gorham. My buddy goes to tons of wrestling shows on a weekly basis and I saw he already liked your FB page... I can guarantee that he will be there. If I'm not traveling for work I'd like to be there as well. Good luck with everything!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I'm really pretty excited to go on this adventure. And I love feeling like you're all behind me. I would be stoked for you if the roles were reversed, too. LOL.

For those of you that are interested, the facebook fan page is already action packed as we're announcing the lineup for our first show. I'll post the link below; throw us a like if you want to follow along.

Essentially with PWT, the plan is to shoot every show like a feature film, with six to eight cameras with a director and lighting people doing their thing to make it look its best. Edit one live show into two "episodes" and send them to whatever we decide on for distribution. Think Lucha Underground, but with less dragons and snakes and more nuanced characters with depth.

I know I needn't ask, because this is the place where opinions live, but if you know of an indie wrestler that you think is underused or just getting to the point where they are going to break-out, please let me know either in a PM, on the thread, or via email through the website. That's who I'm looking for.

https://www.facebook.com/realPWT/

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I'm really pretty excited to go on this adventure. And I love feeling like you're all behind me. I would be stoked for you if the roles were reversed, too. LOL.

For those of you that are interested, the facebook fan page is already action packed as we're announcing the lineup for our first show. I'll post the link below; throw us a like if you want to follow along.

Essentially with PWT, the plan is to shoot every show like a feature film, with six to eight cameras with a director and lighting people doing their thing to make it look its best. Edit one live show into two "episodes" and send them to whatever we decide on for distribution. Think Lucha Underground, but with less dragons and snakes and more nuanced characters with depth.

I know I needn't ask, because this is the place where opinions live, but if you know of an indie wrestler that you think is underused or just getting to the point where they are going to break-out, please let me know either in a PM, on the thread, or via email through the website. That's who I'm looking for.

https://www.facebook.com/realPWT/

I'm glad you're living the dream, man. I know a lot of us would love to be in your position one day, but no matter what, I'm sure everyone here is stoked and happy for you. Good luck and let's hope for some WWE competitor one day. (One can dream.)

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="NoNeck" data-cite="NoNeck" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43970" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Essentially with PWT, the plan is to shoot every show like a feature film, with six to eight cameras with a director and lighting people doing their thing to make it look its best. Edit one live show into two "episodes" and send them to whatever we decide on for distribution. Think Lucha Underground, but with less dragons and snakes and more nuanced characters with depth.<p> </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Jesus Christ, coming from a film background I'm thinking you are out of your mind and eight cameras sounds like overkill but then hell, why not. Cameras are better quality and cheaper than ever. I wish you the best of luck, I'm on the other side of the world but I'll keep an eye on your stuff. More good wrestling is always welcome.</p>

• 1 month later...

<p>Hey Brothers and Sisters-</p><p> </p><p>

Wanted to let you know that our first PWT show went off without a hitch. We surprised everyone when we made our main event, "The Green Machine" Mike Orlando versus Foxx Vinyer, a PWT Championship match, presenting Foxx Vinyer with the fifteen pounds of platinum that is the PWT title belt after his victory.</p><p> </p><p>

We also had a violent finish to a tag team war when The Era of Violence smashed a wine bottle from the venue's bar over the head of Kris Pyro of Da Hoodz, which led to an unexpected ambulance trip for he and Davey Cash.</p><p> </p><p>

And we were treated to a barnburner between blue chipper Allie Wrecks and Lio Rush protégé Kid Christian that Allie surprisingly stole. The match actually featured the first ever "PWT" chant, which put a lump in my throat.</p><p> </p><p>

I did all of the things I've always read about and it was unreal. I sat in and added ideas as guys put together their matches. I had a locker room meeting beforehand where I pumped the boys up for the show, and I actually talked to them again afterward and they ****ing clapped for me. I said "go home" into a wireless walkie-talkie, and about ten seconds later, the match I was watching was over. I don't know if surreal is the right word, but it'll do.</p><p> </p><p>

We are back again in November, and you guys, our buzz out of the gate is so strong, the names that are reaching out to me looking for bookings are unfathomable. It's like we jumped to super regional/cult overnight, in TEW language that is.</p><p> </p><p>

All in all it was ridiculous. I can't wait to see what happens next. I'm editing the first two episodes together as we speak, and we've already announced Lucha Underground's Cortez Castro and indy superstar Sonny Kiss for our next event. Plus, just between us, I've got an opponent for our champion's first title defense that is so exciting, it will stop your hart. Can't announce it yet, because I'm wearing a teddy and woefully underdressed to go to the podium and make it official. But it'll be a good one.</p><p> </p><p>

Thanks again everyone. GDS is where all of this stuff started; who knows where we'll end up.</p><p> </p><p>

Best,</p><p>

NoNeck</p>

Archived