WMMA5 Small Questions Thread

So roughly 10 or so guys from my Middleweight division in GAMMA seem to have up and disappeared. They're not appearing in the rankings and when I go to actually book them in matches they're not there. Could you please tell me what's up with that? Or for that matter, why the game randomly stops showing fighters in the rankings every now and then?

Are you sure they're actually still part of your roster and that they haven't had their contracts run out/been hired by other companies?

If that's not the case then you should post a thread about it, mentioning which patch you're using, in the Tech Support Forum: http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=251

Question about using Fantasy Banking. With this turned on, can I still buy out companies?

I don't see why you wouldn't be able to? If it stops you because you don't have enough money (and i'm not sure it will) then you could always just use the in-game editor and give yourself lots of money if it did happen.

How do I add a new weight class?

Office > Weight Classes

Change the name of a weight class and the weight values etc. and click on Save. It won't overwrite the weight class you were initially on.

So my created company is like the UFC of the CVerse with over 700 fighters under contract so there’s obviously a lot of completion for rankings. This one LHW however is 29-0, lhw champ 15 defences with 29/29 finishes. He even moved up and won the HW belt. He’s obv on the decline now but I was thinking if someone irl achieved what he did surely they would retire as there is nothing left to do for them in the sport? I don’t like interfering in the game but am thinking of force retiring him when he’s 30-0 surely it’s warranted here?

So my created company is like the UFC of the CVerse with over 700 fighters under contract so there’s obviously a lot of completion for rankings. This one LHW however is 29-0, lhw champ 15 defences with 29/29 finishes. He even moved up and won the HW belt. He’s obv on the decline now but I was thinking if someone irl achieved what he did surely they would retire as there is nothing left to do for them in the sport? I don’t like interfering in the game but am thinking of force retiring him when he’s 30-0 surely it’s warranted here?

Who is he? How old is he? Has he fought all the top fighters in the world or are there others he hasn't faced yet who are employed in other companies? If not, then throw money at them when they're available to hire so you can get a super fight.

I'd keep him to face upcoming fighters (assuming they've got enough skill to beat him) until the wheels fall off as they'll gain popularity by beating him. See Anderson Silva, Randy Couture, Fedor Emelianenko, Dan Henderson etc. who are/were still fighting in their 40's as examples. After a few losses he'll probably want to retire any way without you interfering to a certain degree.

Who is he? How old is he? Has he fought all the top fighters in the world or are there others he hasn't faced yet who are employed in other companies? If not, then throw money at them when they're available to hire so you can get a super fight.

I'd keep him to face upcoming fighters (assuming they've got enough skill to beat him) until the wheels fall off as they'll gain popularity by beating him. See Anderson Silva, Randy Couture, Fedor Emelianenko, Dan Henderson etc. who are/were still fighting in their 40's as examples. After a few losses he'll probably want to retire any way without you interfering to a certain degree.

He’s fought literally every top 5-10 fighter over the past 6 years ever since he finished the former champ when he was 7-0. Yeah I know he will retire after a couple of losses but I feel like this is a once in a generation talent. I mean 29-0 with 29 finishes , 16 defences and he was a double champ. Plus he’s earnt about 30 mil too. I don’t really see what’s left for him to achieve realistically. Maybe drop to MW for a third belt? That’s about it really. And he’s going to be on the decline soon since he’s 32

ALso if anyone knows is there a way to shut down an AI company? I tried putting it in debt but they somehow makes these huge profits and get back to being profitable in a couple of months

How to render and what programs do people use? I want to make some commentators if I can learn, thanks in advance :)

If you're looking for more non-fighter renders, go to the link below (The Weidt Files) and download the "WMMA 2 - Fresh Start Complete" legacy file. If you search through the Bodies (and corresponding Faces) folders, you'll find lots of non-fighter renders that were used in previous games but no longer appear in WMMA 5. Most of them are of a good enough standard to be allocated to non-fighters in new games.

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=540883

<p>I was wondering if there is any way to cheat and prevent fighters from retiring, or bring ones out of retirement that really don't want to or is it one of those hidden stats that you just have to accept?</p><p> </p><p>

I'm not talking about just talking to them and asking them, I've done that. But I want someone who doesn't want to come out of retirement to come back. </p><p> </p><p>

My goal here is I want to have a fighter make it to 50 years old fighting, mostly feeding them bums. Right now I obviously want Hassan Fezzik or James Foster. Fezzik has came out of retirement 3 or 4 times already and has lost 3 in a row, but all against top competition and w/ one title shot before his losing streak started. I'm worried he's going to retire and I wont be able to get him back, I'd love to just feed him cans and pad his wins and losses. But when I tried that with James Foster after he'd came back 2-3 times from retirement, he must have got bored and ended up retiring for good and I can't talk him out of it. I guess after 5 cans, he had enough, haha. His response is always "I had a great career I don't see a reason to come out of retirement". I would love to manipulate the system to make this dream come true haha. I'll have him fight cans for 7-9 years if I have to, padding his record the whole time!</p><p> </p><p>

Thanks in advance if you let me know!</p>

I was wondering if there is any way to cheat and prevent fighters from retiring, or bring ones out of retirement that really don't want to or is it one of those hidden stats that you just have to accept?

I'm not talking about just talking to them and asking them, I've done that. But I want someone who doesn't want to come out of retirement to come back.

My goal here is I want to have a fighter make it to 50 years old fighting, mostly feeding them bums. Right now I obviously want Hassan Fezzik or James Foster. Fezzik has came out of retirement 3 or 4 times already and has lost 3 in a row, but all against top competition and w/ one title shot before his losing streak started. I'm worried he's going to retire and I wont be able to get him back, I'd love to just feed him cans and pad his wins and losses. But when I tried that with James Foster after he'd came back 2-3 times from retirement, he must have got bored and ended up retiring for good and I can't talk him out of it. I guess after 5 cans, he had enough, haha. His response is always "I had a great career I don't see a reason to come out of retirement". I would love to manipulate the system to make this dream come true haha. I'll have him fight cans for 7-9 years if I have to, padding his record the whole time!

Thanks in advance if you let me know!

I don’t think that’s possible. But I’ve had fighters who’ve kept on fighting naturally till they were 50 haha. And they were cans too were losing most of their matches so idk why they didn’t retire

<p>Hey there,</p><p> </p><p>

I am currently building a new database with pro wrestlers for my own playthroughs and can't figure out how many weight divisions the company I plan to play should have. I am wondering how much does weight difference affect fight results in this sim?</p><p> </p><p>

If I put two similarly skilled fighters but one has a 20 lbs advantage, can I realistically expect the lighter guy to win? is he going to win 1 out of 10 times, or 3-4?</p><p> </p><p>

How much weight difference would you recommend per division as the max limit? I know the standard is 10 lbs, but how high can you push it while still giving the lighter fighters a realistic chance to compete against the heavier fighters at that division?</p><p> </p><p>

I don't want to create divisions that will have half the fighters unable to win against the heaviest ones, but on the other hand I don't want to split into too many small divisions because I want as many fighters to be able to fight as many fighters, splitting everyone up to tiny divisions would be a lot less fun for me, and some weight ranges do not have enough pro wrestlers to fill an entire division. So I'd rather keep it to the smallest amount of divisions possible while still keeping them competitive throughout the entire weight range.</p><p> </p><p>

Thanks a lot for any help!</p>

I was wondering if there is any way to cheat and prevent fighters from retiring, or bring ones out of retirement that really don't want to or is it one of those hidden stats that you just have to accept?

Only method I've found is to go into the Character Editor just before they retire (or reload your save) and edit their age and debut year. This seems to reset the trigger for retirement. I've done this a couple of times now with fighters just turning 18 all over again :)

Unfortunately this doesn't seem to work with fighters who have already retired.

Is it possible to stop shortlisted fighters matches showing up?

I like to get the news regarding the fighters, but I don't want the game to stop simming for fights.

Go to your shortlist and uncheck the box that says "Watch when this character is about to fight" and apply all/make default.

Is there a way to turn off or get around the size requirement when hiring fighters? Example, if I'm an American company and Unknown I can only hire fighters based in America, if I'm Regional I can only hire in America, Canada, and Mexico. I'd like to be able to hire worldwide if possible.

EDIT: Found it! It's in the Eras section.

earnings?

Is there a way to delete the earnings of fighters?

I usually export the fighters into another database and when I start a new game with the database I am seeing 4 year olds and such earning thousands before their debuts.

Was just wondering if there is a way as I cannot currently see an option or should I just edit them all seperately.

• 3 weeks later...

I have an event scheduled for a Monday. I got a Sunday email saying one fighter pulled out due to an injury.

How can I get this fighter a new fight? Nobody else in the remaining fighter's weight class will take the fight on 1-day notice.

His fight shows up on the list of fights for the next day event, but his opponent is "to be announced." I can't advance the game, and I don't know how to delete the "canceled" fight. I assume the "to be announced" fighter would be some local tomato can, but how do you find one?

From my experience, if a fighter gets injured within a week of the scheduled event, that fight usually needs to be canceled off the card.

It sounds like when you go back into the fight card to fill the "TBA" fighter, there were no fighters available to choose from? You can try looking a weight up or a weight down (even try the catchweight) but it doesn't sound like those fighters will take that short of notice either.

It's unfortunate but will happen from time to time. When you get a fighter who gets injured with much more notice, that spot is easier to fill. You'll even get emails from fighters who want to replace the injured fighters.

Hope this helps.

From my experience, if a fighter gets injured within a week of the scheduled event, that fight usually needs to be canceled off the card...

Thank you! After some poking around I was able to view the fight--I was wondering where it was, but then found that it was listed under "preliminaries." And after some more poking around I saw that I can delete that particular fight. So, the event can go on, I assume.

Reality TV Confusion

Hi, so i haven't really been able to make money off of Reality TV, i started with XCC and built it up to low level national now, and once I had the ability to start a Reality TV, I jumped head first and created a brand new broadcaster for it, gambled with my money with very little left but it costs me 100000 per show and it only gave me 142 in revenue. I shut the season down right after :D.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to make it profitable?

Hi, so i haven't really been able to make money off of Reality TV, i started with XCC and built it up to low level national now, and once I had the ability to start a Reality TV, I jumped head first and created a brand new broadcaster for it, gambled with my money with very little left but it costs me 100000 per show and it only gave me 142 in revenue. I shut the season down right after :D.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to make it profitable?

PPV is the best source for revenue :D, i usually use tv advertisements when I'm comfortable with my money situation and to build up in smaller regions