WMMA5 Small Questions Thread

Why doesn't the game have sound during fights? Or maybe it does and I've just missed it somehow.

The other day I was playing and my next door neighbor was in her driveway talking really loud, and I wished I could just sit back with a beer and "watch" some WMMA5 fights with the crowd sounds turned up loud enough to drown her out.

Why doesn't the game have sound during fights? Or maybe it does and I've just missed it somehow.

The other day I was playing and my next door neighbor was in her driveway talking really loud, and I wished I could just sit back with a beer and "watch" some WMMA5 fights with the crowd sounds turned up loud enough to drown her out.

Well, it's a text based game, most of them don't have any sound included. Personally, I put on some background music when playing

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="vladjarca" data-cite="vladjarca" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Well, it's a text based game, most of them don't have any sound included...</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Title Bout Championship Boxing, Out of the Park Baseball, Franchise Hockey Manager, Football Manager (even back in the day, before the game day part of it went 3D) have crowd sounds. So do the Wolverine text-based sports management games. Mind you, I strongly prefer text-based sports management games--I have no interest at all in 3D graphics. I prefer to use my imagination. But crowd sounds during fights would be logical for a text-based game about a combat sport like MMA.</p>

Title Bout Championship Boxing, Out of the Park Baseball, Franchise Hockey Manager, Football Manager (even back in the day, before the game day part of it went 3D) have crowd sounds. So do the Wolverine text-based sports management games. Mind you, I strongly prefer text-based sports management games--I have no interest at all in 3D graphics. I prefer to use my imagination. But crowd sounds during fights would be logical for a text-based game about a combat sport like MMA.

Ah, the text-based games I play really lack sound, but if all those you mentioned have sounds I guess I stand corrected

Is there a screen that shows me how long fighters prep times are for a fight?

No. But you can go to their profile and click on their skills and check out their Preparation rating. In my experience it's best to try to book fighters with a low Preparation rating at least 7-8 weeks before a fight card you want them in. Of course most fighters, with a little extra cash, will still take fights after a quick camp.

I don't think so. Closest thing would be to talk to a fighter who left a team and see if they can/will join another team.

Cheers.

Does anyone know if finishes via stomps and soccer kicks specifically aren't in the game currently? I've had it many times where a fighter is dropped and then kicked or stomped but the finish always ends up happening by punches anyway.

Cheers.

Does anyone know if finishes via stomps and soccer kicks specifically aren't in the game currently? I've had it many times where a fighter is dropped and then kicked or stomped but the finish always ends up happening by punches anyway.

That's a good question. I have never seen it happen in any of my saves, not yet anyway. And usually when I watch an Alpha-1 event and a fighter goes for stomps and kicks, the grounded fighter gets up to their feet before the attacker lands stomps/kicks 99% of the time Lol

No. But you can go to their profile and click on their skills and check out their Preparation rating. In my experience it's best to try to book fighters with a low Preparation rating at least 7-8 weeks before a fight card you want them in. Of course most fighters, with a little extra cash, will still take fights after a quick camp.

Thanks

Cheers.

Never saw this do any good. If anything, that is usually wasting a good fighter's opportunity to finish an opponent. Therefore I banned those stomps altogether and fights are actually better now.

Has anyone had an issue where you changed the way your fights are judged and it doesn't take effect at the next event? I changed my fights from being judged on the 10 pt. must system to judging the the entire contest, saved my settings, and then when I ran my next event it was still being judged on the 10 pt. must. I double checked my settings afterward, and I clearly saved it to judging the entire fight.

Has anyone had an issue where you changed the way your fights are judged and it doesn't take effect at the next event? I changed my fights from being judged on the 10 pt. must system to judging the the entire contest, saved my settings, and then when I ran my next event it was still being judged on the 10 pt. must. I double checked my settings afterward, and I clearly saved it to judging the entire fight.

Changing the setting only changes the scoring for cards you book afterwards, so if you had already booked the second event, it would have been created under the old scoring system

All newly booked cards will adopt the new settings

I've been in this save for 8 years and not one company has failed. How long do I have to wait for a company to fail to get a baby company? Aside from that, I'm really digging the game. I just can't get modding no matter how much I try :o

A company has to have negative finances for 3 months before you can buy them. That's a pretty weird save, companies always fail in my saves

How do I MOD my account. I already downloaded the MODS and whatnot, not the image pack yet. I tried following a video on how to do it, I extracted it and I still haven't really got it yet. It would be cool to start in the 98 PRIDE era.

Did you follow the Install A Mod instructions in the editor?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Adam Ryland" data-cite="Adam Ryland" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Did you follow the Install A Mod instructions in the editor?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I'll check it out thanks, but seriously I am so mad at this game for not bankrupting companies to the point of it being unrealistic. Thank you for your help though, I'm grateful.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BalanceoftheSword" data-cite="BalanceoftheSword" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'll check it out thanks, but seriously I am so mad at this game for not bankrupting companies to the point of it being unrealistic. Thank you for your help though, I'm grateful.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You're probably having a pretty weird save, all the 4 or 5 long term (4+ in game years) saves I had had companies going bankrupt.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="vladjarca" data-cite="vladjarca" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44604" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>You're probably having a pretty weird save, all the 4 or 5 long term (4+ in game years) saves I had had companies going bankrupt.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You're telling me, yeah I get that, but it's strange how I have l 3 different saves now and it still hasn't worked for me. I don't use sandboxx or anything like that</p>

You're telling me, yeah I get that, but it's strange how I have l 3 different saves now and it still hasn't worked for me. I don't use sandboxx or anything like that

Damn, 3 different saves? I'm pretty sure there's a setting that doesn't allow companies to go bankrupt, but it's turned off in the default settings. Are you sure you haven't turned it on by mistake?