Problem with Owner

I started a Montreal Aftermath save as the booker of WWF, and I'm currently in Nov 1999. A lot of contracts have come up for renewal both at WCW and WWF.

The problem is that Vince won't give me the money to compete with the contracts that WCW are offering. This is despite having over $130m in the bank, dwarfing WCW's $50m.

Is there anyway to make myself the owner, or use the in game data editor to make Vince more generous with his money?

<p>Ok. I have two suggestions of how to play this. </p><p> </p><p>

First you can go into the Editor, Workers, Vince McMahon, Business. Change his Finance to flashy. This might make him willing to give out more money. Not sure if it'll take you over the hump that WCW is offering though.</p><p> </p><p>

Second, if you want to make yourself owner resign from your job. Go to add new player. Pick Vince and play the game as the owner of the WWE.</p><p> </p><p>

Hope this post was helpful.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="shawn michaels" data-cite="shawn michaels" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45562" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Just remember that if you insert yourself as a new character you will have to start from scratch on feuds, speeches, relationships and so on.</div></blockquote><p> Relationships don't reset. If you take over as Vince, everyone who hates him will still hate him.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="The Nickman" data-cite="The Nickman" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45562" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Relationships don't reset. If you take over as Vince, everyone who hates him will still hate him.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I meant he won't have the new ones he cultivated in his old character. Be it loyalty, hate, etc. Whatever he achieved with his first character will be limited to said character and he will be taking on Vince, who has his own relationships.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="shawn michaels" data-cite="shawn michaels" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45562" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I meant he won't have the new ones he cultivated in his old character. Be it loyalty, hate, etc. Whatever he achieved with his first character will be limited to said character and he will be taking on Vince, who has his own relationships.</div></blockquote><p> Oh yeah, of course. Taking over as Vince sure does come with a lot more "baggage" too.</p><p> </p><p> Surely there's another way, though... can't he retire with his character and then take over the WWF with someone other than Vince? I'm pretty sure you can. And if so, can't he just retire with his character and then take over the WWF with his character again?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="The Nickman" data-cite="The Nickman" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45562" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Oh yeah, of course. Taking over as Vince sure does come with a lot more "baggage" too.<p> </p><p> Surely there's another way, though... can't he retire with his character and then take over the WWF with someone other than Vince? I'm pretty sure you can. And if so, can't he just retire with his character and then take over the WWF with his character again?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yeah, I'm pretty sure that works game-wise.</p><p> </p><p> Although does taking over as Vince really brings more of a negative? I mean, Owner-relationship is always taking into account when you hire, even if your UC is not the Owner. I have tried hiring guys (as Booker, not Owner) who refuse simply because they hate my boss, not me. I think the only difference (besides being restricted by Owner Goals and money) is that your UC's positive/negative influence backstage is removed when you're playing as that character.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Greylocke" data-cite="Greylocke" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45562" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Yeah, I'm pretty sure that works game-wise.<p> </p><p> Although does taking over as Vince really brings more of a negative? I mean, Owner-relationship is always taking into account when you hire, even if your UC is not the Owner. I have tried hiring guys (as Booker, not Owner) who refuse simply because they hate my boss, not me. I think the only difference (besides being restricted by Owner Goals and money) is that your UC's positive/negative influence backstage is removed when you're playing as that character.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yeah you can use other characters other than Vince, even return to your old one, even though you lose the speeches, but I see no real problem playing with Vince, other than a new set of relationships.</p>

Step 1: go to the editor

Step 2: set him to be 95 years old

Step 3: hope nature takes its course and then apply for his position once he's pushing up daisies

Not that I would ever advocate bumping someone off so you can have a fair crack at signing Dean Malenko but sometimes needs must...

I've noticed that no matter if I play as WCW or WWE, the owner (Bischoff or McMahon) will often cap me on a signing.

So let's say it's Brett Hart:

When I play as WWE, Vince wont leave me enough $ to re-sign him

When I play as WCW, Eric wont give me enough $ TO sign him.

This seems to happen with Main Eventers all the time!

Is the game set up to make it a little harder on players, intentionally?

(I dont mean in a "bad" way...I'm just wondering if this was one of the ways to make the game more competitive?)

I dunno how I forgot this but there's a third, much easier way of retaining your guys, OP. I've used it countless times in my previous game but you may see it as cheating.

Simply go into the editor, go to contracts and go to the guys who you want to extend. Simply increase the number of days on their contract and you'll end up keeping them.

Again, no idea how I didn't think of this in my original post.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="sheepy" data-cite="sheepy" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45562" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Step 1: go to the editor<p> Step 2: set him to be 95 years old</p><p> Step 3: hope nature takes its course and then apply for his position once he's pushing up daisies</p><p> </p><p> Not that I would ever advocate bumping someone off so you can have a fair crack at signing Dean Malenko but sometimes needs must...</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> If you're going to use the editor anyway, wouldn't it be easier to just change the Owner's Finance settings like someone already suggested (or, as the latest suggestion, just edit the contract). I mean, waiting for the guy to die/retire still takes more time.</p><p> </p><p> Neither method are that realistic, so given the options I'd just go for the more efficient one.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Greylocke" data-cite="Greylocke" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45562" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>If you're going to use the editor anyway, wouldn't it be easier to just change the Owner's Finance settings like someone already suggested (or, as the latest suggestion, just edit the contract). I mean, waiting for the guy to die/retire still takes more time.<p> </p><p> Neither method are that realistic, so given the options I'd just go for the more efficient one.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The only issue with that is that there will still be a cap that he won't let you go over. It'll be higher than it is now, but it will still be there. Others have said that the rival promotion will still offer more, thus he'll be right back where he was just with the other fed paying more per month. The other ways eliminate that. Or just never, ever, ever, ever play as only the booker unless you're doing the Road to Glory challenge. Seriously, it isn't worth it.</p>

Archived