Official Game Thread- Barebones 4 Mafia (The Revival November 2018)

theoutlaw321

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Destiny" data-cite="Destiny" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46026" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Do you guys mean that they'll start pointing fingers at the more talkative posters from today?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I think the stigma of D1 will be gone and people will be more apt to play the game. I cannot predict who they'll point the finger at (although if it is Mach that would be frustrating).</p><p> </p><p> Can't speak for Derek though.</p>

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

<p>I will add this before heading off to work. </p><p> </p><p>

I've looked back and have seen a few people say the current push has not enough meaning behind it or is a random push. My thought process is that players skating by and not participating in day phase have handed games to the mafia in the past. Allowing this to persist because inactivity is not a good enough reason or equates to a random push is a dangerous mindset. We wont always get scum on a silver platter and if we wait until we do the liklihood is it will be too late.</p><p> </p><p>

This isn't to say anyone not voting Day 1 isn't helping, a lot of people have different reasons to do so. I just wanted to speak on the idea that 'inactivity' = 'random push'.</p><p> </p><p>

I also have my eye on people paying lip service but not acting on it, so there is that too.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Destiny" data-cite="Destiny" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46026" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>A first day lynch is never going to be obvious unless a scum somehow <strong>exposes</strong> himself. That is very unlikely to happen.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> aren't there laws against that?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="mistaken" data-cite="mistaken" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46026" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>aren't there laws against that?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I believe there are in some places. Whilst you're here, what are your thoughts on the game?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Destiny" data-cite="Destiny" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46026" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I believe there are in some places. Whilst you're here, what are your thoughts on the game?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> see my massive quote post</p><p> </p><p> other than that you guys talked a lot since then but did not say much.</p>

<p><strong>machinesxe</strong>-<strong>7</strong>(Astil, Destiny, Derek B, BlueStar, Arrows, Jaded, Paws7297)</p><p>

<strong>Crychon</strong>-<strong>1</strong>(eayragt)</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>It is now DAY PHASE. With 26 players remaining, it's 14 to lynch. </strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong>

You have until 6:00PM EST (11:00PM GMT) on Friday, November 16th to reach a majority vote. If no vote has been reached at that time, a No Lynch will be declared.</strong></p><p><strong>

As always, if you see a mistake point it out.</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<8.5hrs</p>

Lynching of townies doesn't just kill a townie, it also give the town more information. And not just that the person who died was town...

The trick with this phase is knowing how to manage that exactly. You lose the wrong person early, that can come back to bite you later in the game. At this stage, anybody could be literally anything.

Also I would point out that "doing something" doesn't necessarily mean lynching. I would say we as town have already gotten useful info via the Machine push. If Machine continues to not speak, we've identified a potential problem spot before it can be become an issue. Like the one you were last game. Such distractions do their worst damage when they are sudden. If he does speak, we'll have info about him we otherwise wouldn't have. Either way that's a good start for a Day 1.

The trick with this phase is knowing how to manage that exactly. You lose the wrong person early, that can come back to bite you later in the game. At this stage, anybody could be literally anything.

Also I would point out that "doing something" doesn't necessarily mean lynching. I would say we as town have already gotten useful info via the Machine push. If Machine continues to not speak, we've identified a potential problem spot before it can be become an issue. Like the one you were last game. Such distractions do their worst damage when they are sudden. If he does speak, we'll have info about him we otherwise wouldn't have. Either way that's a good start for a Day 1.

If a town cannot overcome losing one role it wasn't going to win anyway. No one role is that important.

I do agree with the second part, this phase has been productive even if it rolls to a no lynch. However this needs to be the last no lynch we have.

Guest mdylan511
Hey I'm mostly lurking and observing since this is my first game sorry for being out of the loop I work two jobs and it's hard to stay in the loop and I think it isn't a bad idea to move forward with a lynch

Hey I'm mostly lurking and observing since this is my first game sorry for being out of the loop I work two jobs and it's hard to stay in the loop and I think it isn't a bad idea to move forward with a lynch

That's all I was looking for knowing you're following along.

I'm not super keen on a day one lynch. I feel we will either hit a townie with an ability, or out an ability we don't want to lose early on, which means scum will kill them night 1. I like gathering some info, but not sure I'm for a day one lynch.

You also run the risk of targeting scum who could claim a town role day 1 which is just annoying if said role is actually in game and obviously yet to reveal themselves. Just a lot of unnecessary risk considering it's a literal shot in the dark.

We don't want a claim, we just want something. Checking in and then going Awol is... let's be polite (to myself) and say a distraction. If we leave this distraction then we may be back tomorrow (unless we get lucky with night abilities). I was glad I was lynched after I went AWOL, as I didn't want to be a distraction in the following phase.

On that basis.

vote: machinesxe

We don't want a claim, we just want something. Checking in and then going Awol is... let's be polite (to myself) and say a distraction. If we leave this distraction then we may be back tomorrow (unless we get lucky with night abilities). I was glad I was lynched after I went AWOL, as I didn't want to be a distraction in the following phase.

On that basis.

vote: machinesxe

I second this.

He also said hed be around if we need him, and now the phase is almost over, and he never came back.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Paws7297" data-cite="Paws7297" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46026" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I second this. <p> He also said hed be around if we need him, and now the phase is almost over, and he never came back.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Agree with Paws here. Posting yesterday saying he was around and then vanishing completely is fairly worrying. Scum just assuming we can't get the numbers?</p>