TEW2020 Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>Looking at the “talk to worker” and “improved contract” logs makes me wonder whether we might now have options like threatening or begging workers who are considering going to a rival promotion. Something like “If you leave, I will bury you” or “You can leave, but at least stay till the PPV so we can hand off your belt.” It was hard to tell.</p><p> </p><p>

Along those lines, this also may be the implication of the handshake contracy, but I think it would be awesome if wrestlers who were happy with you would approach you and say, like “I have this offer from another company, BUT I like working for you, so if you give me X & Y I’d be willing to stay.” Rather than now where we have to sort of guess. It would also give us another reason to make sure our workers were happy.</p>

The most recent developer's journal mentions road agents as part of angles now. It would be neat if that meant that you could get different kind of road agents, or "writing staff" that were specialized on that aspect. Maybe a different skill set is required to make a good angle than it would to guide wrestlers to a good match?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Dr_Avalanche" data-cite="Dr_Avalanche" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The most recent developer's journal mentions road agents as part of angles now. It would be neat if that meant that you could get different kind of road agents, or "writing staff" that were specialized on that aspect. Maybe a different skill set is required to make a good angle than it would to guide wrestlers to a good match?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It would be awesome to make use of good bookers or veterans with business sense, even if you are the one booking at the end of the day.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="DarK_RaideR" data-cite="DarK_RaideR" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I think Acting, Respect and (to a smaller extent) Psychology would be the skills most important for angle road agents. Curious if Adam can disclose details.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I was thinking a new creative rating that could also be used for other situations.</p><p> </p><p> But acting, respect and maybe mic & psychology could play a role if not a new rating.</p><p> </p><p> Curious to see what type of road agent notes there will be for angles and if we will see angle aims.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="shawn michaels" data-cite="shawn michaels" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I hope we can hurt someone in angles like we do in matches.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> If the stunt/crazy bump road agent note works like it does with matches, we probably can</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="shawn michaels" data-cite="shawn michaels" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I hope we can hurt someone in angles like we do in matches and stuff like that, getting the ability to set similar, and hopefully new goals. Curious to see what the dos agent addition brings to the table.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I think we can already isn’t there an injury risk already? But because we set them ourselves for each angle most probably don’t use it</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> ...</p><p> road agent notes can be pre-booked, and you can now add a pre-booked angle to the booking sheet even if one of the participants is not available (you'll obviously then need to replace that unavailable person, but this way you don't have to re-book the entire thing like you do at the moment).</p><p> ...</p><p> </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Heckin’ Yeah! No more having to track prebooking plans on the notepad!</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Peter.1986" data-cite="Peter.1986" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I think we can already isn’t there an injury risk already? But because we set them ourselves for each angle most probably don’t use it</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> i meant bury, my bad, will edit it. But the realistic possibility of injuries coming out of angles would also be neat.</p>

Ever since the freestyle angle came out, I've quit using the old style angles. Just took so long to find what I wanted, and sometimes they didn't work the way I expected....with freestyle, all I have to do is plug in the people I want to participate, and I can fill in the details with my imagination while running the show.

<p>Not sure if it makes sense to have acting as a skill that is needed to be a good road agent for angles. In a way it's like a director for a movie or a theater piece. The director doesn't have to be a good actor, he needs to be able to envision how the scene plays out, which in a way is what the psychology stat in the game does, doesn't it?</p><p> I don't think a road agent for angles needs to have different skills then a road agent for matches except for maybe the business skill?</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="shawn michaels" data-cite="shawn michaels" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I hope we can bury someone in angles like we do in matches and stuff like that, getting the ability to set similar, and hopefully new goals. Curious to see what the dos agent addition brings to the table.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I mean, you can already put "major defeat" on a guy you want to bury. I'm not sure how effective this is compared to the burial note in matches, though - I don't think I've ever tried to bury someone in the game.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="SirMichaelJordan" data-cite="SirMichaelJordan" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Curious to see what type of road agent notes there will be for angles and if we will see angle aims.</div></blockquote><p> Yes, if crowd management is still a thing in 2020, I think we really need angle aims or some other way to manipulate the crowd via angles, especially in angle-heavy promotions.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Kingster" data-cite="Kingster" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> I mean, you can already put "major defeat" on a guy you want to bury. I'm not sure how effective this is compared to the burial note in matches, though - I don't think I've ever tried to bury someone in the game.</p></div></blockquote><p> I have. </p><p> If you really try, you can knock someone down 20 points or more in a match. (Put them against an ET or LM, have the LM/ET dominate, bury the other person, and have a clean win.). Did it last night and knocked my Main Eventer from 45 pop to about 25. </p><p> </p><p> The major defeat doesn’t do anywhere near that much damage. I think those mostly affect momentum in storylines (they certainly did in ‘13) and storylines don’t seem to directly effect pop changes like they did in 2013, it just improves matches which in turn improves popularity. I believe that lower momentum in a storyline means that pop changes from a storyline doesn’t effect that character as much, but it might be purely cosmetic. I’d have to reread the rules.</p><p> </p><p> Anyway, TL;DR - currently it’s basically impossible to bury someone with an angle.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Kingster" data-cite="Kingster" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I mean, you can already put "major defeat" on a guy you want to bury. I'm not sure how effective this is compared to the burial note in matches, though - I don't think I've ever tried to bury someone in the game.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Only affects storyline success/defeat not competitor's popularity.</p>

Not sure if it makes sense to have acting as a skill that is needed to be a good road agent for angles. In a way it's like a director for a movie or a theater piece. The director doesn't have to be a good actor, he needs to be able to envision how the scene plays out, which in a way is what the psychology stat in the game does, doesn't it?

I don't think a road agent for angles needs to have different skills then a road agent for matches except for maybe the business skill?

I mean, you can already put "major defeat" on a guy you want to bury. I'm not sure how effective this is compared to the burial note in matches, though - I don't think I've ever tried to bury someone in the game.

Yes, if crowd management is still a thing in 2020, I think we really need angle aims or some other way to manipulate the crowd via angles, especially in angle-heavy promotions.

Yeah I don’t think to be a good road agent for angles you would need acting skills. It’s almost like a creative skill would be needed. Although it would be interesting to see how/if Adam implements it

Yeah I don’t think to be a good road agent for angles you would need acting skills. It’s almost like a creative skill would be needed. Although it would be interesting to see how/if Adam implements it

I think a creative skill would be more suitable as the user already have one in the game, but it currently only effect gimmick. What if every worker had their own Creative rating and it was expanded to effect angles as well as gimmicks if you gave the worker input or creative freedom.

I think a creative skill would be more suitable as the user already have one in the game, but it currently only effect gimmick. What if every worker had their own Creative rating and it was expanded to effect angles as well as gimmicks if you gave the worker input or creative freedom.

I love that idea. I don't really use that creative control feature on gimmicks, but seeing someone like Jack Bruce having 10/A* etc. Creativity would make you trust him more than your user character who only has 1.

<p>You may have already covered this and so may have overlooked it, but will there be any improvement to attendance sizes? I get a higher attendance will come for a major event, but I dont think a 30,000 attendance draw would be realistic for just a TV show or a 'B' pay per view event. </p><p> </p><p>

Would be cool to see something that factors demographic into your shows too. Like it tells you there is an unprecedented number of women in the audience tonight, you'll want to show off your best looking guys. If theres a lot of kids in the audience you may not want to get too violent and have your top babyface/kiddie champion win(doesnt all have to be against you but wpuld be cool to see it played into the game and add a new kind of challenge to those that need the challenge) in the older games there has been 'not enough hot women to cater to the college young male crowd, so it could be ramped up more to include other factors'</p><p>

This could also play into the style of wrestling too that your company has a product for. If you are an ECWesque company you'll probably be a lot more popular and draw more to the northeast/tristate crowd different from a southern audience where JCP was best known and so forth.</p><p> </p><p>

For road agent notes, would love to see something where your wrestler does a spectacular memorable move to make the match memorable or pop the crowd. I know there are stunt and crazy bumps but those are different from say Hulk Hogan bodyslamming Andre the Giant or Lesnar botching a moonsault(but still gets mentioned and shown in hype packages to this day)</p><p> </p><p>

And a way to add controversy to some finishes like the battle royal if two wresters eliminate each other. I dont know if you can do that in games now, but would be cool..</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>the way that angle ratings are calculated has been revamped so that there are more variables and randomness involved in order to make the process more detailed and realistic. The idea behind this is to make the ratings less predictable in general.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It'd be nice to not get guaranteed 100 ratings every time you put certain people in an angle, but I hope it's more about the variables than the randomness. It'd be a bit frustrating to get dudded on ratings for a key moment by RNG.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Donners" data-cite="Donners" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>It'd be nice to not get guaranteed 100 ratings every time you put certain people in an angle, but I hope it's more about the variables than the randomness. It'd be a bit frustrating to get dudded on ratings for a key moment by RNG.</div></blockquote><p> Heh, as a Mega Man X speedrunner, I must say that I hate RNG more than anything in the world, and I have a rich history of being screwed over by RNG. But having said that, a key promo in a key moment bombing, even though everything is perfect on paper, is how real life booking works, too. So there is that.</p>