TEW2020 Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder what the rate of growth is because I've got a feeling people are going to hit 100 really easy unless it's like a .1 per match thing or a .05 per match thing. Also wonder if workers on writtens for companies that run house shows will gain experience through those aforementioned house shows.

I'm very intrigued by this game mechanic, as I think it will also help with what I've noticed in my diary -- a lot of really experienced talent gets let go when they hit a certain age because of time decline. I was able to nab Sean McFly (who had signed with USPW), because several years in he was older and was in time decline and while he couldn't put on the matches he once could, he was able to become a mentor to several guys in my locker room and now he's a valuable road agent.

I am hopeful that the experience also really helps mitigate loss of other in ring skills. While there becomes a point where a person can't do it from a body standpoint, I'm hoping that experience and basics can allow someone to continue to put on passsable grade matches for the company level so that they aren't a liability to the show to have wrestle.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jon The GOAT" data-cite="Jon The GOAT" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I wonder what the rate of growth is because I've got a feeling people are going to hit 100 really easy unless it's like a .1 per match thing or a .05 per match thing. Also wonder if workers on writtens for companies that run house shows will gain experience through those aforementioned house shows.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Ditto</p><p> </p><p> A 0.1 per match sounds about right to me. That would probably take more than a decade to reach full experience for most wrestlers.</p>

<p>I imagine the importance of the match will count. Someone who has headlined many major PPVs by 30 should have gained it a lot faster than someone who’s 40 and never headlined one.</p><p> </p><p>

I think it’s a great addition.</p><p> </p><p>

I also think some stats should improve one they’ve hit time decline. Especially psychology, but maybe experience will make up for this</p>

<p>The entry notes that longer matches add more experience than short matches, so it's at least variable to that extent. It could make sense if PPV > TV > Live event, perhaps, with the degree of match importance being a modifier on experience gain.</p><p> </p><p>

A base of 0.2 per match seems somewhat reasonable - assuming no modifier, hitting 500 matches would get you 100 experience. That's a decade of 50 matches per year, and not very many workers will have that kind of schedule in game (maybe some of the Japanese workers?) unless the player takes control of a fed and books a weekly schedule with workers appearing on every show.</p><p> </p><p>

I would assume that this will work somewhat similar to tag experience, with a rookie being an active liability in this regard, somewhere around 30 or so you're more or less neutral, and then when you get to about 70 and upwards you're one of those experienced workers who's viewed as a ring general.</p>

<p>I am not sure I would agree with experience being different between ppv TV and live events. Ultimately it should be based upon time spent in the ring and time working with more experienced workers or road agents.</p><p> </p><p>

For popularity growth the format of exposure should definitely count but experience...I'm not convinced </p><p> </p><p>

Let's take someone like James Ellsworth he appeared on more ppvs in front of more people than many much more talented and experienced people yet I would not expect him to suddenly jump in experience however he would become more recognisable due to the greater exposure.</p><p> </p><p>

Not sure I'm fully explaining my thoughts well here but hopefully you get the gist</p>

<p>Interesting new addition (and makes sense going along with the expanded indy scene from last week!)</p><p> </p><p>

I have to ask though, how is experience calculated when converting a database from 2016 - 2020? A combination of respect and psychology, or randomly assigned based on how many years since their debut? (that last one would probably be far too complicated to program, but just speculating!)</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Cold Cobra" data-cite="Cold Cobra" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I have to ask though, how is experience calculated when converting a database from 2016 - 2020? A combination of respect and psychology, or randomly assigned based on how many years since their debut? (that last one would probably be far too complicated to program, but just speculating!)</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It's estimated based on the length of their career.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="SirMichaelJordan" data-cite="SirMichaelJordan" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Love this.<p> </p><p> Now if only consistency can effect some non in ring stats like mic skills and acting to add more variety. Would like to see some stats applying to refs also!</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Is consistency for in ring skills the same consistency that effects mic skills etc?</p><p> </p><p> I wouldn’t say it was in reality</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Adam Ryland" data-cite="Adam Ryland" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>It's estimated based on the length of their career.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> That's great! So long as you've got the worker's debut date right, the databases shouldn't need too much tweaking for the new stat.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TeemuFoundation" data-cite="TeemuFoundation" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>But consistency - or lack thereof - is also a personality trait. Some people are super consistent with their work, others aren't. It has to do with how seriously one takes their work and whatnot. I can see it affecting both in-ring and mic work tbh.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Agree with this 100%</p>

A couple of things I'd love to see added...first, the ability to potentially develop chemistry. Not all teams or pairings are gonna start out perfect. Sometimes it just happens...so that would be more realistic if it's possible. A tweener option would be good as well, or if not that, then some way to react the Roman Reigns types who get booed as a face? I dont know, but I understand Adam's bias against tweeners being a thing. That said, it's getting harder to ignore. Something else I'd like to see is maybe some way to quantify women. For example, Becky Lynch and Charlotte Flair, as well as Rousey and Asuka, are main eventers in the WWE, but with the way the game is set up, unless I do integrated wrestling, it doesnt divide the women up into pushes. The womens division isnt really a satisfying push for those of us who like to run bigger companies with 12-16 women and 60 men. And it shouldn't be a gender problem. Women can be separated into their own division already, but I dont know how the game would handle that, either, although in the WWE, some would argue Becky is more popular than 90 percent of the roster. I dont know.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="miamarsden" data-cite="miamarsden" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>A couple of things I'd love to see added...first, the ability to potentially develop chemistry. Not all teams or pairings are gonna start out perfect. Sometimes it just happens...so that would be more realistic if it's possible. A tweener option would be good as well, or if not that, then some way to react the Roman Reigns types who get booed as a face? I dont know, but I understand Adam's bias against tweeners being a thing. That said, it's getting harder to ignore. Something else I'd like to see is maybe some way to quantify women. For example, Becky Lynch and Charlotte Flair, as well as Rousey and Asuka, are main eventers in the WWE, but with the way the game is set up, unless I do integrated wrestling, it doesnt divide the women up into pushes. The womens division isnt really a satisfying push for those of us who like to run bigger companies with 12-16 women and 60 men. And it shouldn't be a gender problem. Women can be separated into their own division already, but I dont know how the game would handle that, either, although in the WWE, some would argue Becky is more popular than 90 percent of the roster. I dont know.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> To an extent, the women's division sort of thing is being handled with the Perception system Adam outlined in Post #26: <a href="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2341965&postcount=28" rel="external nofollow">http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2341965&postcount=28</a></p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Teh_Showtime" data-cite="Teh_Showtime" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Ditto<p> </p><p> A 0.1 per match sounds about right to me. That would probably take more than a decade to reach full experience for most wrestlers.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I'll be putting my young guys that I want to build around in long marathon matches. A young triple h vs rob van dam in an hour long match might main event a Superstars taping for me on more than one occasion.</p>

But consistency - or lack thereof - is also a personality trait. Some people are super consistent with their work, others aren't. It has to do with how seriously one takes their work and whatnot. I can see it affecting both in-ring and mic work tbh.

They are two separate things though.

In terms of consistency, we don’t have a level of consistency that has affects everything we do i life.

If you train in something, you also improve your consistency in that particular aspect.

If a wrestler improves his consistency in the ring, it wouldn’t improve his consistency as a footballer.

In terms of in ring and out of ring consistency it is completely different.

I think your speaking more about determination or something along them lines, because consistency is nothing to do with how seriously sometakes their work. You can be the hardest worker in the world and not be consistent

I'll be putting my young guys that I want to build around in long marathon matches. A young triple h vs rob van dam in an hour long match might main event a Superstars taping for me on more than one occasion.

That’s not entirely unrealistic either honestly. Maybe to do it in WWE, but they have access to tons of tv time and it’ll be pretty easy to eat your guys up there if they work a lot.

People like Daniel Bryan and his peers came in during a new indie boom and had to work main event matches basically right out the gate. As a result they were among the world’s best well before they cracked 30 years old, and had the experience to boot.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BuddyGarner" data-cite="BuddyGarner" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The experience stat encourages more spam booking but then again spam booking was already highly effective.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Spam booking is pretty much what it should be about when it comes to things like this. Experience needs to be earned. Pro wrestling has an history of being about spam booking. No problem from my perspective.</p>