TEW2020 Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>To use an example, Hiroshi Tanahashi is the "Ace" of NJPW (though a strong case can be made for Okada and others, but for our purposes we'll go with Tanahashi). Now, you want him on every show, because he's THE guy in Japan. However, you just got a TV deal in the U.S., so you bring in someone like Chris Jericho.</p><p> </p><p>

Same deal with the NWA. Ric Flair was "The Man". When he went to Memphis, he wrestled Lawler. When he went to Texas, he wrestled a Von Erich or Terry Funk. He'd go up against the top guy of whatever territory he was in.</p><p> </p><p>

If you have the right figurehead, the putting them against the top regional guys is only going to make everyone look better.</p>

<p>As someone who plays as smaller companies a lot, I like the idea of battling for regional stars with other companies of similar size to draw a better crowd, and how the regional stars in question could get signed away to a bigger company, forcing you to find or create a new draw or suffer for it. </p><p> </p><p>

Certainly realistic in that you want a strong main event scene rather than rely on one guy.</p>

<p>Admittedly, there were already some elements of this. Say you're playing CZCW, and you want to expand into Mexico. The Wild Cats might be over, but most of your guys are probably lacking in pop, so you use the COTT talent trade to bring in Gino, Nicholas Lopez, or Hijo del Mephisto, and you'll probably have a good show in Mexico if you book it right.</p><p> </p><p>

Likewise, I'm playing SWF, and I just stole Velocidad from SOTBPW. You want your midcarders to put him over, they're more likely to do so without fuss in Mexico.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Matt_Black" data-cite="Matt_Black" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Admittedly, there were already some elements of this. Say you're playing CZCW, and you want to expand into Mexico. The Wild Cats might be over, but most of your guys are probably lacking in pop, so you use the COTT talent trade to bring in Gino, Nicholas Lopez, or Hijo del Mephisto, and you'll probably have a good show in Mexico if you book it right.<p> </p><p> Likewise, I'm playing SWF, and I just stole Velocidad from SOTBPW. You want your midcarders to put him over, they're more likely to do so without fuss in Mexico.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Its true you’ll have a good show that way, but only 32 people are gonna show up and you’ll probably lose a ton of money</p>

Great stuff today. This was really something missing from the game, not only to emulate small companies, (and the regional scene) but big ones as well. As they sometimes bring that retired over guy to get more viewers, like WWE so many times and TNA, back in the relevancy days. And even NPJW has some great examples. Jericho being the latest one. This will make games much more fun and strategic as it is actually more important and relevant to manage who actually gets and/or stays over. Hoping the Figurehead feature has a good adjustment to this, as I would not want to see that feature go away.

<p>This is a very welcome addition. As a guy who plays almost exclusively as small companies, the ability for names to matter and help attendance is excellent.</p><p> </p><p>

A couple of questions about this feature are: what's the minimum popularity level required to be a difference maker in attendance? Are there levels of popularity that increase the attendance? Will a regional name draw the same amount of a regional star? Does it matter if I have multiple names on a show will that increase attendance more than just one name?</p>

Hi Friends,

Does anyone know if we'll be able to import a TEW2016 database/save into 2020? I'm working on a WCW real-world save right now and would hate to lose it when I make the jump to 2020.

Any feedback/info is appreciated!

Levinux

Hi Friends,

Does anyone know if we'll be able to import a TEW2016 database/save into 2020? I'm working on a WCW real-world save right now and would hate to lose it when I make the jump to 2020.

Any feedback/info is appreciated!

Levinux

Databases can be converted, save games cannot.

Unlike in previous games, attendance levels are now directly impacted by the star names on a show (previously this was limited to figureheads).

The two things aren't related.

Not sure I understand, doesn't your post imply that they are related? Does the new feature replace the effect figurejeads had? Do they stack? Does one null out the other? That's what I was getting at.

Not sure I understand, doesn't your post imply that they are related? Does the new feature replace the effect figurejeads had? Do they stack? Does one null out the other? That's what I was getting at.

Figureheads still bump attendance, but now others (possibly the 5 in National Battles?) can help increase attendance, too.

This feature seems like you could bring, hypothetically, 20 loaned workers that are really popular and your attendance will shoot up.

Figureheads boosting attendance only accounted for that one guy.

Attendance levels in 2016 were pretty static, and this seems much more dynamic.

Both figureheads and today's announcement are features whereby a worker affects the attendance when they're on a show. They're two entirely separate mechanics that don't have any crossover.

I

Both figureheads and today's announcement are features whereby a worker affects the attendance when they're on a show. They're two entirely separate mechanics that don't have any crossover.

So if I have a figurehead with name value X and a regular wrestler with also name value X, the figurehead would give a boost both from his name value AND being a figurehead (ie the effects stack?) whereas the regular wrestler would only benefit from his popularity?

The question I have after today's announcement is whether the "Wrestler X doesn't want to negotiate with you because he thinks your company is too small for him" will still be a thing in 2020.

Because I feel like this would be a big hindrance to making use of today's feature.