TEW2020 Discussion Thread

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="hammerglenn" data-cite="hammerglenn" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I agree, tag team overness needs to be added to the game and be separate from regular worker overness. <p> </p><p> Take teams like LOD, Dudley Boyz & Steiner Brothers as examples. All of these teams are Main Event tag teams but as single wrestlers would be more in the midcard scene. However currently in TEW, mod makers have to keep these teams as Main Eventers to reflect the tag division instead of where these wrestlers should be as singles.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I think unit tag-team need separate overness, throw-togethers don't. I also want females in women's divisions to have pushes within that division, as opposed to having to be integrated and having to book around the issue manually.</p>

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Makhai" data-cite="Makhai" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I think unit tag-team need separate overness, throw-togethers don't. I also want females in women's divisions to have pushes within that division, as opposed to having to be integrated and having to book around the issue manually.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> If I’m understanding the new push mechanic correctly, the women’s issue should be fixed.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Makhai" data-cite="Makhai" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I also want females in women's divisions to have pushes within that division, as opposed to having to be integrated and having to book around the issue manually.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> This was already covered, see entry #26 of the journal.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Adam Ryland" data-cite="Adam Ryland" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>If it has one member of a Permanent Unit then the partner automatically gets a large boost to their "desirability" rating in regard to that company and therefore are far more likely to be signed.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Oh that's excellent.</p><p> </p><p> A new question, this time in regards to the numbered tv shows:</p><p> </p><p> Will it be possible to have numbered tour dates as well?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BaxterV" data-cite="BaxterV" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Here are a few quick comments on the things I've read about TEW 2020.<p> </p><p> First off all let's start with the bad: The new size system for companies sounds just as awful if not worse than in TEW 2016. No depth, no slack, based on ratings once again. I hoped it would be a more sophisticated system this around, with social media and hardcore fans, who you gain after a long while and will follow the product regardless and such. Sadly that isn't the plan.</p><p> </p><p> </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I have to disagree. I think the core of what the game's purpose is matches reality. You put on good shows, your popularity increases. You put on bad shows, your popularity decreases. People aren't going to stick around for bad TV no matter how Hardcore they are (WCW in the 2000s compared to 97-99, Raw and Smackdown:s gradual decline in ratings since 2001, or Impacts fall off in the middle part of this decade are great examples), but good and bad shows are entirely relative to the current popularity of a promotion in a particular area.</p><p> </p><p> To me it's about as simple and objective as it can get without becoming too complex and nuanced. </p><p> </p><p> To me the bigger flaw in the rating system was the bias towards Performance over Popularity promotions, but as of TEW 2016, the playing field is even between the two.</p><p> </p><p> I think maybe updates to keep the balance stable, or maybe make it to where Pop based promotions can pull angle and match ratings on par with Performance based ones (maybe making the popularity weight relative to the promotion size, so a small promotion can still pull stronger ratings than they do). But I feel like the rating system being based entirely on booking and show quality is the fairest way to go about it.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Hive" data-cite="Hive" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Will it be possible to have numbered tour dates as well?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> That question doesn't really apply to TEW2020 as each tour show is a separate thing (see entry #12). The AI generates them with numbers appended, such as Day #3, but if the player is making them then it's entirely up to them how they name things.</p>

<p>Question about stables: will it be possible to have stables not affiliated with a specific promotion, so that it can be used anywhere the members go - like it is the case with tag teams being set to "none"?</p><p> </p><p>

Thinking about especially Japan and Mexico, where many big stables follow the members through various promotions.</p>

I also want females in women's divisions to have pushes within that division, as opposed to having to be integrated and having to book around the issue manually.

This was already covered, see entry #26 of the journal.

Will this include the ability to have a female worker have a male worker's push (ie Chyna IC Title run) and vice-versa (i.e Andy Kaufman, Santino Marella as Santina) Or will the A.I still force them back into their respected division unless the company is integrated?

I'm assuming this would be separate to what was covered in entry #26

Will this include the ability to have a female worker have a male worker's push (ie Chyna IC Title run) and vice-versa (i.e Andy Kaufman, Santino Marella as Santina) Or will the A.I still force them back into their respected division unless the company is integrated?

I'm assuming this would be separate to what was covered in entry #26

That’s up to the specifics of the belt.

And as far as I know, there isn’t any pushes.

Question about stables: will it be possible to have stables not affiliated with a specific promotion, so that it can be used anywhere the members go - like it is the case with tag teams being set to "none"?

Thinking about especially Japan and Mexico, where many big stables follow the members through various promotions.

Good question, this is big!

Would be cool to see the AI even sign some of the other members of the stable to add them along with new members.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="SirMichaelJordan" data-cite="SirMichaelJordan" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>That’s up to the specifics of the belt.<p> </p><p> And as far as I know, there isn’t any pushes.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Probably should be tied with the gimmick over titles, i.e. Gender Bender, Equality Fighter.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="EHv3" data-cite="EHv3" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Do we know if there will two images per character similar to WAMMA and CBH? <p> </p><p> For example an avatar sized image and a full body one?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Almost an impossibility.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BrokenCycle" data-cite="BrokenCycle" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Almost an impossibility.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Gotta agree. The amount of re-rendering would be an exhaustively long process</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="EHv3" data-cite="EHv3" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Do we know if there will two images per character similar to WAMMA and CBH? <p> </p><p> For example an avatar sized image and a full body one?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> More than anything else, I hope this gets added. It adds a lot work for existing mods but for packs that don't utilize a full image, it can just be ignored or use the face pic instead.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="GDJK2018" data-cite="GDJK2018" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>More than anything else, I hope this gets added. It adds a lot work for existing mods but for packs that don't utilize a full image, it can just be ignored or use the face pic instead.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You say this, but for WMMA, Adam built the whole UI to make those things look awesome. And then nobody used them and it looked empty because of it.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="EHv3" data-cite="EHv3" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Do we know if there will two images per character similar to WAMMA and CBH? <p> </p><p> For example an avatar sized image and a full body one?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It has been confirmed that this will not be the case. It will be the same dimensions as before.</p>

<p>Before I post this I have to say that I didn't read all the posts/suggestions so I don't know whether or not it has been asked and answered before, sorry for that. I got a suggestion involving Matches, in this case the Match Style. As of right now, a created match has a pre set style (e.g. 1 vs 1 Regular, 1 vs 1 Cage Brawl based). My suggestion would be that instead of assign the Style in the edited match, I may suggest to let the booker assign the Style of the match in the booking phase of a match (Booking screen, Add Match) in the Road Agent Notes. Imo, a 1 vs 1 match aswell as a Cage match can both be worked in a regular base or brawl based style. It may also be worked in a high spots style etc, depending on the style and/or story you want to tell. I hope you get what I want to say as I'm not too good arguing in english. and again sorry if this was requested/asked already.</p><p> </p><p>

Greetings</p>

It would be cool to have some kind of way to indicate that a superstar was making a return after a lengthy absence, or that a popular superstar was making their debut in a new company.

I would really like it if we could have people take time off and re-debut them with a better chance of a turn or gimmick change working and a bump to the angle or match they were in on a return. This could also be countered by expanding overexposure to include total monthly and weekly TV time.

Before I post this I have to say that I didn't read all the posts/suggestions so I don't know whether or not it has been asked and answered before, sorry for that. I got a suggestion involving Matches, in this case the Match Style. As of right now, a created match has a pre set style (e.g. 1 vs 1 Regular, 1 vs 1 Cage Brawl based). My suggestion would be that instead of assign the Style in the edited match, I may suggest to let the booker assign the Style of the match in the booking phase of a match (Booking screen, Add Match) in the Road Agent Notes. Imo, a 1 vs 1 match aswell as a Cage match can both be worked in a regular base or brawl based style. It may also be worked in a high spots style etc, depending on the style and/or story you want to tell. I hope you get what I want to say as I'm not too good arguing in english. and again sorry if this was requested/asked already.

Greetings

Post this in the suggestions forum :)

http://greydogsoftware.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=244

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Skallux" data-cite="Skallux" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Before I post this I have to say that I didn't read all the posts/suggestions so I don't know whether or not it has been asked and answered before, sorry for that. I got a suggestion involving Matches, in this case the Match Style. As of right now, a created match has a pre set style (e.g. 1 vs 1 Regular, 1 vs 1 Cage Brawl based). My suggestion would be that instead of assign the Style in the edited match, I may suggest to let the booker assign the Style of the match in the booking phase of a match (Booking screen, Add Match) in the Road Agent Notes. Imo, a 1 vs 1 match aswell as a Cage match can both be worked in a regular base or brawl based style. It may also be worked in a high spots style etc, depending on the style and/or story you want to tell. I hope you get what I want to say as I'm not too good arguing in english. and again sorry if this was requested/asked already.<p> </p><p> Greetings</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> This would be helpful as this is how I book matches. I currently have multiple 1 vs 1 matches that are specific to brawl based, high spot, etc. It seem to me that those options should definitely go under match aims or road agent notes...</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="SirMichaelJordan" data-cite="SirMichaelJordan" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>This would be helpful as this is how I book matches. I currently have multiple 1 vs 1 matches that are specific to brawl based, high spot, etc. It seem to me that those options should definitely go under match aims or road agent notes...</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Unless I'm mistaken aren't those styles just the styles that will get a boost from the match? As in two high flyers with 0 hard-core won't put on a terrible barbed wire match, it's just if they were hard-core workers the match would be improved by being a barbed wire one.</p><p> </p><p> So two technical wrestlers can still put on a technical classic in a cage, it's just that if they were brawlers the being in a cage is more likely to help the match.</p><p> </p><p> I could be wrong though lol. But to me that's how it should be</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="lavelleuk" data-cite="lavelleuk" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Unless I'm mistaken aren't those styles just the styles that will get a boost from the match? As in two high flyers with 0 hard-core won't put on a terrible barbed wire match, it's just if they were hard-core workers the match would be improved by being a barbed wire one.<p> </p><p> So two technical wrestlers can still put on a technical classic in a cage, it's just that if they were brawlers the being in a cage is more likely to help the match.</p><p> </p><p> I could be wrong though lol. But to me that's how it should be</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I think so. I seem to get better results if I put two spot monkies in a match with weapons and list it as a high spot match rather than any other match type especially hardcore if they have low hardcore stats.</p><p> </p><p> I think it’s a legit way to book though. A cage match can be technical as well as brawl. I would imagine a brawl base weapon match will feature a lot of punching and slams involving the weapons based on that wrestling style vs a high spot weapons match where it’s alot of spots involving the weapons. I guess one could just use Regular but when i use a specific style, the match always rate better which I’m not mad at. In theory, a worker with good aerial or flashiness but poor brawl skills should fair better in a match focusing on high spots with a worker who has good brawl skills and good aerial or flashiness vs if they were in a regular style match which uses both workers highest top row stats. Worker A is brawling against Worker B who has poor brawl stats. Worker B is using high spots vs Worker A who has good high spot stats. A match where both guys are focusing on one style they are both good at should rate slightly higher than a regular style match in that situation imo.</p>