TEW2020 Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course at the moment there are two or three real good mod makers active. But the best mods were built from the MOD Squad and who knows if they mod again after they getting treated.

No MOD Squad no reason for TEW2020 for me.

As the idiot who coined the name "mod squad"... I'm glad to see there is still love for the work the Mod Squad put out. I cant answer for everyone involved... but i would love to see Mod Squad mods on TEW 2020. They are 90% of the mods i play (don't kick me out for not saying 100%) :D.

They were treated fine. They were divas who thought they were more important than the game which they’re were not. There will be plenty of great mods for TEW2020

I don't think the whole thing needs to be raked up again with names called. I hope those who love the work get to carry on loving it. With all the new features... it sure would make for one hell of an experience to see them brought to TEW 2020. If GDS isn't a platform to showcase them... there is always homeofprowrestling.com (cheap plug :p)

I love how the Diary Entries are now in the "Smaller additions" section, yet the Tournament brackets seem like a huge deal to me. Especially the ability to track and score win/lose points!!!

I love how the Diary Entries are now in the "Smaller additions" section, yet the Tournament brackets seem like a huge deal to me. Especially the ability to track and score win/lose points!!!

Very much agree. The "small" stuff could be big difference-makers in 2020 for a lot of us.

**puts on Forum Mod hat***

Just going to immediately draw a line under the Mod Squad discussion. It's history now. There is little point in talking about something that will never happen on GDS. And if you feel like you won't buy a game because your mod maker of choice may not make mods for it, there's very little point in posting in the first place.

At best it's empty discussion that can't go anywhere. At worst, it's potential bait to restart drama around that situation when the majority of the GDS community has put that behind them.

There is no ill will to the Mod Squad as a whole, and if any of the team are reading I hope they are all doing well with whatever they are doing now and on any future projects that may have, whether it be TEW or anything else. :)

Very much agree. The "small" stuff could be big difference-makers in 2020 for a lot of us.

I'm already thinking ow ways to use every feature. If it wasn't for enjoying the diary i'm writing, i have to say, i wouldn't be able to enjoy TEW2016 now. Its so... Missing everything cool.

Even the new way "Star Quality" works :D. I didn't know that's how i wanted it to work, but i know its going to make things a whole lot better and less stagnant.

Also worker Potential... Now Hogan can be managed properly. Maxed out in entertainment skills and not even know what a Suplex is :D

**puts on Forum Mod hat***

Its probably cold up in Scotland, keep it on and keep eating those Pasta Pies :p

For everyone's knowledge Tsumirren released 1993 mod TEW 2016 you can find it on Home of Pro Wrestling. By the way everyone is a Rockstar in their own minds. I agree with Derek the past is the past, let bygones be bygones. An if you visit our Discord members of the Mod Squad are following the development of 2020 we just don't comment on it in this discussion thread. Everyone is welcome to come to our Discord discuss the game or whatever else flies your fancy.

Speaking as someone who has followed this game series from the EWR days, mod makers come and go. If one group steps away, another will take its place.

Regarding the newest entry, WOW, I'm surprised this got relegated to the "small" stuff entries, I'd love to have a completely internal way of keeping track of tournaments in TEW, so this a huge for me. Will there be an option to tell the CPU to hold specific types of tournaments now?

So whose sock puppets are you guys?

---

Tournament brackets are a pretty neat feature that I didn't think I cared about but now I am actually excited for. I can foresee a lot of ways in which it would be useful.

They ain't no one sockpuppets. They made valid points if you and anyone else don't like them that's your right. If one of our two members who are banned want to say something about a feature they post it on our Discord Channel. Where the mods of GDS are members of because we have moved past incident that caused are thread to be closed Genadi and Tsumirren banned. Unfortunately others for some reason still throw stones at us because they are living in the past.

I know I shouldn't get into this, and this is the only thing I'll say on the matter, this may even get deleted by a mod. And, indeed, I won't join in on any argument that may stem from this.

But I've been a member since 2005, and this is a forum I regularly lurk, being a big fan of the TEW series, and I'm equally regularly amazed by just how hostile and toxic this place can be whenever there's a difference in opinions. The snide comments, the negative attitudes, the passive aggressive tone that always surrounds a lot of these issues here really make GDS a forum I rarely want to use.

It's hard to understand since the way I see it, this is a forum where fans of this game franchise come together to discuss this game they share a love for. Should be a fun place, but nah.

That was my two cents, and now I am done with this topic.

So....lot of stuff I missed.

I wasn't around back whenever all that stuff happened involving the Mod Squad (nor have I ever heard of them or seen their mods), so as one of the many newer users here, I have to say on behalf of us: Move on.

Also, I can't wait to use the tournament feature for The Rip Chord Invitational XV. All the new features are going to make playing the CVerse even better.

I really would like to see some screen shots with these announcements. I just want to see how it looks in game. Especially with the latest couple announcements. Now I may of missed this, but the modders themselves are going to be able to preset these tournaments in the editor like a regular event or can the tournament be setup over a month's time?

This forum is a bit rubbish for handling any sort of criticism, it's why many people leave.

@jwt13 The best mods are mostly made by the mod squad (there are a couple of exceptions of course) have had help from members of the mod squad or are used using parts of mod squad mods. without them you lose a hell of a lot of quality mods. 3/4 of the modders that actually finish mods and that are of a great quality are from them. To say otherwise is incorrect.

By the way I like a good chunk of the features and looking forward to seeing how they're implemented into the game. This game as the potential to be one of the best in the series. I'm going to be critical as I love the series and I'm paying money for the game. I don't expect it to be 100 percent as it's mostly Adam doing everything and it's mostly a 1 man operation. I'm not expecting the word, just for the features to be implemented decently.

However I will not have the deriding of the contributions of people that help elevate the game and make it more attractive for people, for free and spending hundreds of hours putting out the best mods possible.

***Puts mod hat on again***

This is the last time I'm going to say this before I hand out warnings. There is no point in talking about Mod Squad related things on here, as they are a collective group of talented modders who are no longer a part of this forum. You are entitled to your opinions on the situation that happened, the quality of work and so on... but there is no point in speculating about it or bringing up the group given all the drama that happened months ago. GDS bears no ill will towards them, wishes them all the best and appreciates their collective work.... so should everyone else, whether you use their mods or not and regardless of personal opinions. Mod makers make the game better, that is inarguable.

If you want to talk any more about that subject, take it to PM. Anyone else continuing this conversation is going to get forum warnings for deliberately baiting and/or trolling, which can lead to removal of posting privileges.

I asked this after it was first announced, but never got an answer. What exactly is the range of salaries you can offer workers? All that the relevant journal entry said about it was that the minimum was less than $10 but not zero and that the maximum was $400,000 a month or more.

Am I stupid? Or is the range not 10-400,000?

I really hope the AI knows to that if a Champion is leaving the company, the champion has to drop the strap. I keep playing games where it goes vacant multiple times.

From my experience, the company will always switch the title, except for when there's no show before the wrestler leaves.

I know I shouldn't get into this, and this is the only thing I'll say on the matter, this may even get deleted by a mod. And, indeed, I won't join in on any argument that may stem from this.

But I've been a member since 2005, and this is a forum I regularly lurk, being a big fan of the TEW series, and I'm equally regularly amazed by just how hostile and toxic this place can be whenever there's a difference in opinions. The snide comments, the negative attitudes, the passive aggressive tone that always surrounds a lot of these issues here really make GDS a forum I rarely want to use.

It's hard to understand since the way I see it, this is a forum where fans of this game franchise come together to discuss this game they share a love for. Should be a fun place, but nah.

That was my two cents, and now I am done with this topic.

I think you need to buy a mirror, brother. You aren't the arbiter of other peoples "tone". And that's my two cents.

Love the Tournament feature, Looking forward to booking my first G-1 with it.