TEW2020 Discussion Thread

Not everyone knows. Sometimes I look like some weird kinda of random person trying to enforce things that I shouldn't be. Sometimes I just have to put myself over for those who may not know yet. :)

I know you are a mod because you bring order to things. Derek B is a good guy that has been bringing order to this forum for years.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know you are a mod because you bring order to things. Derek B is a good guy that has been bringing order to this forum for years.

I try. :)

But it's not like I'm the only good person around, and I daresay there are many people who are far better. The forums are quiet because we're far away from the last TEW so this is a quiet time where fewer people post. As TEW2020 gets closer to release the traffic will pick up again and we'll be full of people being excited for games and loving life. If we're all pulling in that direction, then the forums should be a good, healthy place again and the minority of negative incidents will be washed away under that high tide of fun. :)

For anyone who is lurking but not posting, and I know there are many of you, I hope you become more active and make GDS more fun for everyone again.

And in case there are any issues with the rules... any time you see a post that breaks the rules, use the report post icon (the little traffic sign icon on the top right of each post) on every post to report it and let mods handle it. We only had a couple of people report the events that ahve gone down here over the last 24 hours, which makes me think that people don't know about that board feature. It's the quickest and easiest way to get the attention of the mods to negative incidents and will help make the community happier. :)

Don't stir the pot.

Last time I checked mod squad had there own website now. I will keep supporting the gds forums. I'm not going somewhere else and letting gds forums die off.

No sir as of this moment we only have a Discord channel. Home of Pro Wrestling is ran by Togg who also runs the TEW Diary of the Month section. Our mods are hosted on that site with every other mod that is produced for TEW.

The Match Style setting has been removed from matches; the effect this piece of data used to have is instead controlled by the 'match aim' related road agent notes. For example, instead of needing a specific 1 vs 1 match with the style 'Comedy Based', you can just use the regular 1 vs 1 match and would use the 'Match Aim: Comedy' note. This saves database makers a lot of time, as they don't need to create multiple versions of the same match just to have different style settings, without adding to the player's workload as they would be using the match aim notes anyway.

Adam put this in the journal but that raises questions. What if you turn off match aims? It is also makes me wonder if you can turn off match aims anymore?

You can't turn off match aims, you can turn off match aim requirements for your product.

The way I see it, this announcement doesn't change anything as you'll always have the option of using certain match aims, whether you play with match aim requirements on or off.

And in case there are any issues with the rules... any time you see a post that breaks the rules, use the report post icon (the little traffic sign icon on the top right of each post) on every post to report it and let mods handle it. We only had a couple of people report the events that ahve gone down here over the last 24 hours, which makes me think that people don't know about that board feature. It's the quickest and easiest way to get the attention of the mods to negative incidents and will help make the community happier. :)

I think it's not so much about people not knowing about the "report" button, it's more to do with most people not wanting to be what they perceive to be a snitch. I'm not saying they're right nor am I saying they're wrong, but I think that's what it is.

Also: for the most part, I assume people come here to have fun discussing games that they like and just scroll over the negative posts instead of reporting them and playing.

So how will the new potential work in the game? You put it on excellent and you knew the person had a chance of becoming a star.

Based on the way it was described, I assume you have the same options, but you can fine tune potential for different categories. So if you want someone to be good at everything, you can just give them high potential in all categories.

Based on the way it was described, I assume you have the same options, but you can fine tune potential for different categories. So if you want someone to be good at everything, you can just give them high potential in all categories.

Remember the matrix adds a random effect to it. So may not work out exactly as planned by you.

Thanks for the help

What I am hoping for is to see people stop outright rejecting doing deathmatches. Most of the CVerse workers seem to reject it, because they're on the liberal side of the bottom personality bar.

Thankfully though, I think this is removed, because Adam said earlier that the personality bars would be replaced with the trait tags from WMMA 5.

Ditto on the tags, it should help tell the people who are willing to do these matches. You know, like, BEFORE hiring them and then have them refuse to do a match.

Thing about deathmatches is they got both injury and content risk high, so you need people who are not only liberal (content) but also bold and not carrying a lot of wear and tear (injury).

This is how I think it will be based on the description as well. And its kinda awesome that you can tailor the potential of workers like that. Really helpful for historical mods where you want workers to turn out in a certain way. Giving them Very Good or better potential in TEW 2016 means they are likely to turn into world class wrestlers. Plenty of really good wrestlers aren't that, though. They are good in certain areas, not every area.

I don't know of any promotion which has used more than 3 brands. Honestly, I doubt many people playing will use all 5 brands.

I will be. I use RW mods and my plan is to make AEW into a multi-brand company similar to how WWE is.

The reason why I asked for more brands, and this might just be my reason, is because in my current set up in 2016 I have three brands. Two main ones and one I use for when I call up my developmental workers. Kind of like how WWE ECW worked. I put the young guys in there so they can kind of develop our style and earn their place among the main two brands. So a call up is a big deal, but a transfer to another brand means they’ve officially “made It”. With the new brand system this seems much easier to configure. Also with the new events system in place while I currently have the third brand having its own ppv and show, now I can make It clear that it’s of lesser importance and that fans shouldn’t expect my biggest superstars (from the main two brands) to show up. Kind of like Takeovers, if It were treated as a younger brand that helps further sharpen their skills and such. Anyway that’s at least why I asked for more brands and why the events/brands post has me very eager for the new game!

I will be. I use RW mods and my plan is to make AEW into a multi-brand company similar to how WWE is.

The reason why I asked for more brands, and this might just be my reason, is because in my current set up in 2016 I have three brands. Two main ones and one I use for when I call up my developmental workers. Kind of like how WWE ECW worked. I put the young guys in there so they can kind of develop our style and earn their place among the main two brands. So a call up is a big deal, but a transfer to another brand means they’ve officially “made It”. With the new brand system this seems much easier to configure. Also with the new events system in place while I currently have the third brand having its own ppv and show, now I can make It clear that it’s of lesser importance and that fans shouldn’t expect my biggest superstars (from the main two brands) to show up. Kind of like Takeovers, if It were treated as a younger brand that helps further sharpen their skills and such. Anyway that’s at least why I asked for more brands and why the events/brands post has me very eager for the new game!

You know you could turn none into a brand too. Just put them in a division. I have played 4 players that way in the same federation. So we could talent trade and do co alliance shows. I want a superclash model in tew 2020 big time. It is hard to pull it off in 2016. You can talent trade but it is basically still your ppv only. You only get the popularity and money. I guess you could tweek the alliance settings. I think the alliance boosts happen at the end of the month though.

Now when it was just me. I always had 4 or 5 child companies. I can bring them during the show. They can run on my network.

So I understand having 4 or 5 brands.

Unless the answer is "Because the game can't handle it" or "I have no way to currently incorporate it in this engine/software" (which may very well be the case, and if so, i completely understand) I see no reason to limit brands. I'm sure I'm not the only one to want more brands. There is the school of thought that NXT is a brand, and the one that says it's a child company. It is a child company, no doubt for me, and at least, from a game point of view, it should be replicated like that, but there are other reasons to want a ton load of brands that do not involve the NXT dilemma, or even other issues regarding Dev territories. It's not a deal breaker by any means, or even close to it, but it would be fun to have, hence why I mentioned it. Obviously I'm not the only one to think that way, but speaking for myself, it's not a deal breaker to have a limit. 5 is still better than 3. Unlimited would be better.

You know you could turn none into a brand too. Just put them in a division. I have played 4 players that way in the same federation. So we could talent trade and do co alliance shows. I want a superclash model in tew 2020 big time. It is hard to pull it off in 2016. You can talent trade but it is basically still your ppv only. You only get the popularity and money. I guess you could tweek the alliance settings. I think the alliance boosts happen at the end of the month though.

Now when it was just me. I always had 4 or 5 child companies. I can bring them during the show. They can run on my network.

So I understand having 4 or 5 brands.

That's one reason I'd love for alliance's to get a major upgrade. Right now they're almost purely cosmetic. I want it so that we can run them with alliance events, co-operation between members so promotions can't place titles on people randomly. That kind of stuff.

If "match style" is going to be completely removed on the assumption that the same purpose is served through "match aims", then I really hope you allow more than 1 match aim per match now, because half the existing match aims in TEW16 aren't style-specific. Previously, I can book a "Spectacle" or "Epic" match aim and still take advantage of my workers' Brawling stats by using a Brawl-based match style for the match. If match style were to disappear from TEW16 then my only option to take advantage of Brawling stats would be "Wild Brawl", which will penalize me for trying to book a 30-minute epic between 2 brawlers due to the automatic penalty on matches lasting over 15 minutes for that aim.

I'm fine with match-styles being integrated into Road Agent notes, but I strongly suggest that it be kept separate from match aim (we get to choose "match style" in our RA notes instead of match aims) OR we are allowed to set multiple match aims per match. Otherwise it just adds unnecessary limitations to our match-booking options.

I try. :)

For anyone who is lurking but not posting, and I know there are many of you, I hope you become more active and make GDS more fun for everyone again

This is probably me. I just got burned out on 16 and with all the changes to 20, I think I'm going to love playing TEW again. A lot of the changes are literally what I was hoping would change with a new game, so I'm really hoping it'll be great.

I'm loving the tournament and round robin stuff. I am so immediately going to set one up for said company just because it sounds deliciously fun. And stuff like this just gets my creative juices a flowing.

I also think that this time around, I might try my hand at modding. I've got a company I'm thinking of, experimenting with it in 16, and it seems to work pretty well. It is especially interesting because I'm also running 3 brands right now, so if I can expand to 5, that could work out amazing or me. Though that depends on what all I can do with the different brands.

Also can I just ask if there is going to be more female wrestlers in TEWVerse 2020? I've really gotten a kick out of running a female brand with said company that I'm working on and it is really hard trying to fill it out in 16 or wait for my developmental workers to be ready in time as the skill levels in 16 are pretty low. Yes, I could sign other company workers, but I want to work with unknowns and make my own stars, rather than depend or steal people (other than Alicia Strong, because USPW almost always fires her).

Edit: Hey, is it possible for Dojos to produce tag teams now? I'm just curious, because I think it would be kind of neat if there was a Dojo or a few that just strictly went out of its way to produce Tag Teams. Not that I'm planning anything like that or what have you, just a thought.

Gotta say I love features like the "RoundRobin" tourney, with the option to redo the matches because of "unplanned complications". :cool: I'm probably not going to use this often, but I love that it's there.

Curious whether the AI will move the titles to their sister companies. Could be very tricky to program it right without the AI dooming its titles to oblivion by spamming it on "nxt".