TEW2020 Discussion Thread

as the title says this is for adam or for discussion in genral will tew 2020 be the same price and tew 2016 or a diffrent price if a mod happens to see this or adam they i wont be upset if they remove this post as i feel like im being rude to ask a question like this

The price hasn't been confirmed yet, but I believe it is assumed that the price will be the same as TEW 2016.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I do understand that, I was more curious on how well they'll import, because I imagine it won't be optimal

It's probably going to make educated guesses. Personality traits should be maximizes if you want to be sure it converts into an appropriate trait. 74 ego might not be enough to qualify for some trait. The highest value of "mat", "chain" and "sub" skill will be taken to as the 'new' skill.

But as a modder you might be better off waiting to see how it plays.

I haven't really touched TEW for a good few years now, probably not since 2017. Not in any kind of serious fashion. So I'm now really looking forward to play some TEW again for sure.

Yeah, same here. But out of fear of being burned out in the first few months, I'm going to hold out on playing TEW16, which I played way too little. :p

"The AI can now assign hidden push / de-push data to its workers, allowing them to be booked in certain ways. For example, a new signing can be given a "strong opening" push that means they'll rarely if ever lose for the first few months that they're with the company, a promising young talent can be strapped to the proverbial rocket so that they rise fast through the rankings, or an ageing veteran can be given "phase out" instructions where they'll start losing more and more to gradually move them down the card. This allows the AI to have a more realistic long-term plan.

The way AI feuds are handled has been completely redone, allowing them to be better integrated into the booking engine and allowing for 'triggered' feuds, such as when a tag team breaks up."

So I have a quick question regarding this. When he says the AI can now assign hidden push/de -push workers... can I have a list of workers on my roster and lets say for Example its 1992 and I want to push Steve Austin in WCW to the moon, I basically have somewhere in his profile I can assign him to start off strong so when I use the auto booker it wont let him lose until I say so?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="dalton0911" data-cite="dalton0911" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>April 23rd!</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> This works for me. My wife's birthday is on the 20th, and she wouldn't take well to my playing TEW2020 on that day.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Munit" data-cite="Munit" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>"The AI can now assign hidden push / de-push data to its workers, allowing them to be booked in certain ways. For example, a new signing can be given a "strong opening" push that means they'll rarely if ever lose for the first few months that they're with the company, a promising young talent can be strapped to the proverbial rocket so that they rise fast through the rankings, or an ageing veteran can be given "phase out" instructions where they'll start losing more and more to gradually move them down the card. This allows the AI to have a more realistic long-term plan.<p> </p><p> The way AI feuds are handled has been completely redone, allowing them to be better integrated into the booking engine and allowing for 'triggered' feuds, such as when a tag team breaks up."</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> So I have a quick question regarding this. When he says the AI can now assign hidden push/de -push workers... can I have a list of workers on my roster and lets say for Example its 1992 and I want to push Steve Austin in WCW to the moon, I basically have somewhere in his profile I can assign him to start off strong so when I use the auto booker it wont let him lose until I say so?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Auto booker doesn’t choose winners, but you can just go into the match notes after it’s generated and make sure he wins.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Teh_Showtime" data-cite="Teh_Showtime" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Auto booker doesn’t choose winners, but you can just go into the match notes after it’s generated and make sure he wins.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Ah I see. I thought there might be an option where you can auto make someone go undefeated in general and the auto booker would recognize this but I guess not.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Munit" data-cite="Munit" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Ah I see. I thought there might be an option where you can auto make someone go undefeated in general and the auto booker would recognize this but I guess not.</div></blockquote><p> Yea, it'd be nice. I've suggested it, actually.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Svenpunt" data-cite="Svenpunt" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I dont play in administrator mode, does that mean I wont be able to convert my save from 2016 to the 2020 game?</div></blockquote><p> No one will be able to convert save games from 2016 to 2020, this is not possible.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Svenpunt" data-cite="Svenpunt" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I dont play in administrator mode, does that mean I wont be able to convert my save from 2016 to the 2020 game?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> This game was designed to play in administrator mode. You will corrupt your save data without using it. The best, easiest way to make the change is to right-click on the desktop application thumbnail-> properties-> shortcut-> advanced and there will be a tick box to "always run in administrator mode."</p>