TEW2020 Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>So thankful that finances and attendance are being adjusted to a more realistic level...</p><p> </p><p>

So on finances does this mean that we are looking at a per year salary or is it still per month? </p><p> </p><p>

One of my biggest pet peeves is seeing every WWF show in my mods get over 40,000 people to nearly all of their shows. Or even having to scale down my financial abilities because I hate drawing an unrealistic audience to shows.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Adam Ryland" data-cite="Adam Ryland" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Yes.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> That's cool to hear! Always would be annoying to take losses in a ton of US regional battles due to broadcasting when the main point/emphasis of my shows was only on one region that month (and I filmed all my shows there).</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Steven James" data-cite="Steven James" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Not all companies in the Cornellverse have the money to give people million dollar contracts. USPW and BHOTWG could afford it, but it might cause SWF to stay at the same money level, and TCW certainly can't afford it. 21CW might eventually be able to, since they've got Jeff Nova, who's responsible for their recent success and broadcasting deals. <p> </p><p> Overall, unless Adam changes the amount of money each company has, then I don't see guys getting a lot of money. In the real world, $400,000 might be the minimum a WWE main eventer would get, but in the Cornellverse, it's normal that $100,000 is considered the best contract in the game. </p><p> </p><p> Though I do agree that some guys should make more than they do by default. Tommy Cornell makes $57,800 by default in 21CW. Rich Money makes $30,900, though him and the others USPW poached from SWF should be making much more. Rocky Golden is making $44,300. and Nicky Champion is making $45,000. </p><p> </p><p> However, based on how contracts are in WMMA 5, I feel like you'll see what you want: guys making more money. We'll type in the pay amount when doing contract negotiations, and there'll also merchandise, bonuses, etc. and $400,000 is the minimum starting amount for the biggest names, meaning it could get higher.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The point is that not all companies can fiscally afford the top stars, and a company can't afford all of the top stars. Under the current model, it's incredibly easy for one company to get say, the top five workers in a country when their contracts come up. I've watched both SOTBPW and USPW get bloated rosters because as guys like Rocky Golden, Wolf Hawkins, Aaron Andrews (poor TCW) get poached because of the financials. With the ability to both offer more money, and hopefully finances that now limit your ability to be a major company and sign *all* the top talent to lucrative deals, you'll see more room for rise and fall and the prioritization of certain free agents. TCW might be willing to pay Rocky Golden $400,000 a year guaranteed to keep him and then USPW can pay him say, $500,000, which TCW can't afford, but that means USPW now has to make decisions in its midcard. Several quality guys aren't resigned and TCW rebuilds with those. It will create a dynamic environment, a world where the money matters at the top and you can't just get to a point where you can afford everything. Sure, in reality WWE can afford to offer anyone any amount of money and has no real financial competition, but in the Cornellverse where in 2016 there are three companies competing at the national-ish level in America, with two Cult companies in Canada that could expand internationally and one in Mexico that could do the same and three Cult or higher companies in Japan and one national in the UK and one Cult in Australia there are *a lot* of companies that compete over talent. Money should matter more for them.</p><p> </p><p> USPW should benefit from having deep pockets while TCW should have to make specific financial decisions. SWF should have good resources to keep their top talent and steal some more that open up, but not be able to poach all of the top guys. It should feel more competitive from a financial stand point at the top.</p>

I'm very happy about the regional battles change. As someone who primarily plays as smaller companies, I like the way the strategy is going to have to play in. Do I run the highly competitive Tri State area where there are two other regional companies to compete with? Or do I run New England? So many decisions. It'll be more of a chess match, hopefully, which I'm excited about.

<p>Attendances being fixed means it’s not longer going to be feasible to build a mega region and bankrolls millions in one region before going to TB on Cult.</p><p> </p><p>

Which I’m fine with but there better be huge improvements to the overall system if that’s the case</p><p> </p><p>

Going from regional to National is the worst thing ever in current TEW</p>

USPW should benefit from having deep pockets while TCW should have to make specific financial decisions. SWF should have good resources to keep their top talent and steal some more that open up, but not be able to poach all of the top guys. It should feel more competitive from a financial stand point at the top.

If we're talking C-Verse, SWF should be able to retain some of their guys with creative contracts(CC, Reduced schedules, Bigger Merch slices, etc) but should almost always lose a 1-1 battle with USPW. TCW should be raided constantly considering their chronic financial peril. They'd need to lean on young talent who can go and essentially become a work-rate based feeder system(NXT model) USPW shouldn't be losing Nicky Champion to SOTBPW.

They have resources and revenue that greatly trumps everything else, and should be exerting that pressure and releasing their lower-midcard guys as they do. The USPW and SOTBPW problem is roster AI. There needs to be an AI roster soft cap, that the game should always try to achieve. You can bipass this for mods with a simple hiring bias towards huge rosters that allows the WWE to keep 150-man rosters, this coupled with intellegent usage of child companies for 205 LIVE, NXT, and NXT:UK should give modders the leway they need.

I'm hoping in 2020, we're seeing Champagne Lover going north, and not SOTBPW consuming the earth and turning wrestling into a Spanish soap opera that would never get over in America.

<p>Regarding what I meant in my post about contracts:</p><p> </p><p>

If a guy would accept $1,000/appearance due to his personality and my stats and all, but the default is $1,500 due to...whatever, it bugs me that I have to go down to...$900, then inch up until I get to the point where they'll accept.</p><p> </p><p>

Sure, I <em>could</em> lower it by having them get bonuses, work fewer shows, and so on, but it'd be nice to just start at that $1k.</p>

Regarding what I meant in my post about contracts:

If a guy would accept $1,000/appearance due to his personality and my stats and all, but the default is $1,500 due to...whatever, it bugs me that I have to go down to...$900, then inch up until I get to the point where they'll accept.

Sure, I could lower it by having them get bonuses, work fewer shows, and so on, but it'd be nice to just start at that $1k.

To me, that’s the fun of negotiating with them. I want to find the sweet spot. I want to find the money they are willing to take, or see the other terms o have to improve to get them to take a deal. I could be in the minority there, but i really enjoy that part — plus I like knowing what their asking price is so if I get them for significantly less I can feel really good about myself.

To me, that’s the fun of negotiating with them. I want to find the sweet spot. I want to find the money they are willing to take, or see the other terms o have to improve to get them to take a deal. I could be in the minority there, but i really enjoy that part — plus I like knowing what their asking price is so if I get them for significantly less I can feel really good about myself.

I agree with this! Especially true for top tier talent. Unknown guys shouldn’t take much thought as they don’t have any leverage.

I agree with this! Especially true for top tier talent. Unknown guys shouldn’t take much thought as they don’t have any leverage.

They only have no leverage, because the game isn't smart enough to look at Greg Gauge and cream it's shorts like every other sane human would.

Any Chance You are going to put in a random "resurgence" feature where someone on time decline might be able to put on non time decline effected matches for 6 months- a year before the decline penalty starts back up? Just thought it would be an interesting feature since so many older workers are coming back and doing well before getting tired and going away again.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="WilburTrey" data-cite="WilburTrey" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Any Chance You are going to put in a random "resurgence" feature where someone on time decline might be able to put on non time decline effected matches for 6 months- a year before the decline penalty starts back up? Just thought it would be an interesting feature since so many older workers are coming back and doing well before getting tired and going away again.</div></blockquote><p> Cool suggestion, though taking away the decline penalties sounds a bit too much. Maybe give them a shot "nostalgia" pop/skill boost instead?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="DarK_RaideR" data-cite="DarK_RaideR" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Cool suggestion, though taking away the decline penalties sounds a bit too much. Maybe give them a shot "nostalgia" pop/skill boost instead?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> They should still take a bigger physical toll on the body. Maybe even be forced</p><p> to shift into a different style of wrestling. Just...some of the more recent bumps</p><p> PCO took, are straight up brutal and he does moves that he never did in his</p><p> prime. So it would be kinda weird if he still performed worse in performance</p><p> based companies.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="WilburTrey" data-cite="WilburTrey" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Any Chance You are going to put in a random "resurgence" feature where someone on time decline might be able to put on non time decline effected matches for 6 months- a year before the decline penalty starts back up? Just thought it would be an interesting feature since so many older workers are coming back and doing well before getting tired and going away again.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> That sounds like a good idea. Guys like Ric Flair or Sting are supposedly on time decline in 2001 but went on to have fantastic wrestling matches for 7 to 13 more years respectively.</p>

<p>I have a few questions regarding the newly-announced brand split features:</p><p>

</p><ol style="list-style-type:decimal;"><li>Will the brand's focus automatically change the default match intensity and danger? One of the biggest annoyances right now is that if I have a sports entertainment product and set a brand to modern, I have to manually set each match to have higher intensity and danger.<br /></li><li>Can I set minor brands to be auto-booked/auto-run? If I have a development brand, I don't want to waste time running that show every week - is there an option to set a brand to auto-book and just play through it?<br /></li><li>Does debuting on another brand affect a worker's short-term momentum? It seems like workers who switch from Smackdown to Raw (or vice versa) get a small boost early on in the real world, similar to a worker returning from being away.<br /></li><li>Can the AI handle Brand versus Brand PPV's? I'd like to see an SWF Survivor Series-type event.<br /></li></ol><p></p>