The All Elite Wrestling Discussion Thread

Jaysin

Having Scorpio Sky pin Wardlow, and doing it the way they did it, feels like a major miss to me. I think everybody was ready for the Wardlow win there. Feels like they pulled the rug from under him, just when he was getting going he had to lose in such a weak way. It was all poorly executed, kinda makes me question how much the talents involved believed in it. In their position, I would have rolled with the story being Wardlow using the TNT title as a gambit to get Max in the ring with him. The only way MJF will get in there and fight him is if the title is on the line, that sort of deal... Wardlow as TNT champ just defending it every week and powerbombing chumps to keep retaining as MJF lined up contenders would have been money.

For me personally, Sky is a bust. AEW are not going to get him over as a major heel no matter what they do. It's been long enough and the dude is not over in any town. Presentation-wise they've tried to some degree, the chops are just not there. The character isn't a natural fit. I would have cut my losses here, had him lose, put Wardlow over big and then have Sammy G chase his revenge against ATT for taking his title and hurting his girl. You can still do that and you don't need Wardlow to get pinned here to do it. Feels like a miss, let's see if they can rescue it.

Having Scorpio Sky pin Wardlow, and doing it the way they did it, feels like a major miss to me. I think everybody was ready for the Wardlow win there. Feels like they pulled the rug from under him, just when he was getting going he had to lose in such a weak way. It was all poorly executed, kinda makes me question how much the talents involved believed in it. In their position, I would have rolled with the story being Wardlow using the TNT title as a gambit to get Max in the ring with him. The only way MJF will get in there and fight him is if the title is on the line, that sort of deal... Wardlow as TNT champ just defending it every week and powerbombing chumps to keep retaining as MJF lined up contenders would have been money.

For me personally, Sky is a bust. AEW are not going to get him over as a major heel no matter what they do. It's been long enough and the dude is not over in any town. Presentation-wise they've tried to some degree, the chops are just not there. The character isn't a natural fit. I would have cut my losses here, had him lose, put Wardlow over big and then have Sammy G chase his revenge against ATT for taking his title and hurting his girl. You can still do that and you don't need Wardlow to get pinned here to do it. Feels like a miss, let's see if they can rescue it.

MJF is on the road to the big belt. Which is why you really can't give Wardlow the TNT here. That belt actually is a step down for everyone coming off the Punk feud. I've hated the booking of the TNT title for a while now, and it clearly seems like a prop Tony uses to dangle in front of unhappy guys after the move to TBS. Hard to get too worked up about it at this point. Lower priority than the TBS title.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Mootinie" data-cite="Mootinie" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46243" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Having Scorpio Sky pin Wardlow, and doing it the way they did it, feels like a major miss to me. I think everybody was ready for the Wardlow win there. Feels like they pulled the rug from under him, just when he was getting going he had to lose in such a weak way. It was all poorly executed, kinda makes me question how much the talents involved believed in it. In their position, I would have rolled with the story being Wardlow using the TNT title as a gambit to get Max in the ring with him. The only way MJF will get in there and fight him is if the title is on the line, that sort of deal... Wardlow as TNT champ just defending it every week and powerbombing chumps to keep retaining as MJF lined up contenders would have been money.<p> </p><p> For me personally, Sky is a bust. AEW are not going to get him over as a major heel no matter what they do. It's been long enough and the dude is not over in any town. Presentation-wise they've tried to some degree, the chops are just not there. The character isn't a natural fit. I would have cut my losses here, had him lose, put Wardlow over big and then have Sammy G chase his revenge against ATT for taking his title and hurting his girl. You can still do that and you don't need Wardlow to get pinned here to do it. Feels like a miss, let's see if they can rescue it.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I disagree on Sky, I think he's great, but every time he starts to get momentum, AEW forgets about him for months and kills said momentum. also pretty sure they're gonna run Wardlow vs MJF now.</p>

- Punk vs Dax was my MOTN. Ass Boys cheering like it's Pandemic-Era Daily's Place lol.

- Sting, Darby & The Hardys vs AFO was fun.

- Danielson & Mox vs Varsity Blondes was good. Loved Mox's promo.

- MJF promo was great. He handles hostile crowds like a veteran. Wardlow will be mega over by the end of this storyline.

- Trent/Yuta feud incoming.

- Cole vs Lethal was good. Perfect match for an Excalibur ROH history lesson.

- Tay & Sammy mixed tag matches could be fun. Lambert lol. Ethan Page is due for a babyface turn this year. Looking forward to Swerve vs Ricky.

- Velvet vs Hirsch was good. Crafty finish. Stat!

- Cut the beep Tony lol. Texas Thunder!

- Jericho & Garcia vs Silver & Reynolds was great. I hope Silver gets a TNT title run one day.

yea so I can't link it here, but if you go on Tay's instagram, I'll just say LOLZ to the whole victim card they both play when it's brought up Sammy 100% cheated on his fiancé with her.

Tay and Sammy are fast becoming the new Cody and Brandi of AEW for me. They need to turn them both heels if they are gonna keep basically waiving Sammy F'in over his fiancé in our faces. We get it Sammy, you are boinking the hot Brazillian girl. Every time you flaunt it, it just makes people remember the poor women you dragged out on Dynamite to propose to, then cheated on either before or like a month after.

Much like Roman, lean into people's strengths. Sammy is a much better heel, likely because he's a complete dink in real life based on locker room stuff (RoH and Impact debacles, Not being real sorry he was unsafe and almost blinded Matt Hardy, Sasha stuff, ect)

just let the man be a heel, he's clearly a pretty trash person IRL.

yea so I can't link it here, but if you go on Tay's instagram, I'll just say LOLZ to the whole victim card they both play when it's brought up Sammy 100% cheated on his fiancé with her.

Tay and Sammy are fast becoming the new Cody and Brandi of AEW for me. They need to turn them both heels if they are gonna keep basically waiving Sammy F'in over his fiancé in our faces. We get it Sammy, you are boinking the hot Brazillian girl. Every time you flaunt it, it just makes people remember the poor women you dragged out on Dynamite to propose to, then cheated on either before or like a month after.

Much like Roman, lean into people's strengths. Sammy is a much better heel, likely because he's a complete dink in real life based on locker room stuff (RoH and Impact debacles, Not being real sorry he was unsafe and almost blinded Matt Hardy, Sasha stuff, ect)

just let the man be a heel, he's clearly a pretty trash person IRL.

Lots of assumptions there, boss. Pretty sure all three parties denied any cheating ever happened. Hard to call it 100% when everyone said it didn't happen..? It's known that they broke up in October, Sammy just didn't announce it til a few months later.

Sammy is a fine worker, but his current character is awful. He seems like one of those frat boys who roofie girls at a party. He's always seemed like a sleazeball, but at least he was a heel in the Inner Circle.

He's not remotely believable to me as a face.

I don't care one way or another about his relationship off camera to Tay, but on screen, it's really dragging Tay down.

Also, every time Sammy sticks his tongue out, I want to stop watching. It's so annoying and distracting.

He's the male Britt Baker to me. Such a naturally unlikeable vibe that I can't believe anyone would try to push them as a babyface.

Happy couples tend make terrible babyfaces. Brings out a lot of jealousy/envy/oh-she's-not-single in fans for... What benefit? Soap opera stories?

Lita was better as the Hardyz friend than Matt's girlfriend. Theres a reason WWE keep Rollins and Lynch apart.

Lots of assumptions there, boss. Pretty sure all three parties denied any cheating ever happened. Hard to call it 100% when everyone said it didn't happen..? It's known that they broke up in October, Sammy just didn't announce it til a few months later.

I'm just going by the various podcasts ive heard him on, his social media posts, and reports about his behavior.

Where there is smoke, there is generally fire.

HE's a talented Wrestler. He also seems like a huge POS.

Wouldn't be the first time both things are true.

Sammy is a fine worker, but his current character is awful. He seems like one of those frat boys who roofie girls at a party. He's always seemed like a sleazeball, but at least he was a heel in the Inner Circle.

He's not remotely believable to me as a face.

I don't care one way or another about his relationship off camera to Tay, but on screen, it's really dragging Tay down.

Also, every time Sammy sticks his tongue out, I want to stop watching. It's so annoying and distracting.

oh 100% and also, that smug "im crraaazzzy" taunt he does before he goes up top. I just want to punch him in the face everytime.

Turn the man back Heel, he was born for it

I agree that Sammy should be a heel. No idea why Sammy and Tay have to be an on-screen relationship. It makes any potential storylines one-dimensional.

I don't think it helps that they went from not really being linked at all on-screen to being a full-on couple. I much prefer what MLW's done with Richard Holiday and Alicia Atout.

When their on-screen romance started, both of them were trying to deny the chemistry even though it was a poorly kept secret within the story world. They finally admit it to themselves and right when they start appearing together regularly, boom! Heel turn and now we are seeing the sneaky side of Alicia that she kept under wraps before coupling with Holiday.

We hear a lot about AEW and long term booking. Much of it deserved. But in this case it seems AEW's getting outclassed on that front by a company of lesser stature.

I think this angle was happening anyway with Cody and Brandi, so they just switched to Sammy and Tay. Not that I agree with it. I'm also not a fan of their relationship showing up on screen out of nowhere when they never really interacted before.

As a brazilian that enjoys having Tay featured, I just wish she would work on acting skills asap. Her acting is awful and it annoys me everytime.

He's the male Britt Baker to me. Such a naturally unlikeable vibe that I can't believe anyone would try to push them as a babyface.

Happy couples tend make terrible babyfaces. Brings out a lot of jealousy/envy/oh-she's-not-single in fans for... What benefit? Soap opera stories?

Lita was better as the Hardyz friend than Matt's girlfriend. Theres a reason WWE keep Rollins and Lynch apart.

I completely disagree. Britt is such a naturally likeable person who's done everything the right way, that there's no way anyone could possibly boo her seriously. She should have swapped face the second she won that belt. Still can't understand why they didn't do the double turn with Shida when they had the chance. I remember how the whole world stopped when Nyla got thrown on her leg thinking that her push was over. She's never, ever, been a heel. The crowd loves her so much they boo her because they're supposed to.

Sammy is an absolute scumbag, who has a bunch of stories from his indies days, the Sasha Banks comments are just the tip of that spear. He's a solid worker though who bumps well. But how anyone could see that guy as a babyface is... beyond me.

I think this angle was happening anyway with Cody and Brandi, so they just switched to Sammy and Tay. Not that I agree with it. I'm also not a fan of their relationship showing up on screen out of nowhere when they never really interacted before.

As a brazilian that enjoys having Tay featured, I just wish she would work on acting skills asap. Her acting is awful and it annoys me everytime.

That whole story is insane to me. The fact they let Brandi go out there at all is insane to me given the situation and it was the entire reason I thought it was a work all the way up to the word came from multiple sources that Cody is on the WM card and has signed. Someday we'll hear this story and it better be damn good. How you basically screw your wife out of a job for life because you got a neck tattoo and refused to turn heel while trying to get "Punk money" and then having to crawl back to Vince to inevitably get put back in the Stardust gimmick inside a year is such an unfathomably stupid story that it could only happen to a wrestler.

It's a tough spot because the only other story I could see going here is Brit and Cole on a double turn. Would make way more sense than Tay and Sammy. But its too early to turn Cole.

I completely disagree. Britt is such a naturally likeable person who's done everything the right way, that there's no way anyone could possibly boo her seriously. She should have swapped face the second she won that belt. Still can't understand why they didn't do the double turn with Shida when they had the chance. I remember how the whole world stopped when Nyla got thrown on her leg thinking that her push was over. She's never, ever, been a heel. The crowd loves her so much they boo her because they're supposed to.

Britt just looks like such a high school 'mean girl' to me. The sneer. The condescending eye roll. It's such a heel-ish vibe, but I admit I haven't actively watched her in AEW for a while. Her early babyface performances felt awkward. That could easily have changed.

I'm sure she's lovely in real life. I mean it as an absolute complement. Which I guess isn't how people are meaning it when talking about Sammy.

- Archer vs Dustin was solid. Archer needed the win more.

- They should use Lexy Nair more often. Fuego is a good promo. HOB killed him.

- Lambert must have cleaned his belt lol. Sky ending the open challenge is interesting.

- Vance & Angels vs reDRagon was solid. Adam Cole wants to be a Belt Collector...

- Nyla vs Madi was OK. I hope Nyla drops Vicki and turns babyface one day.

- Hook segment was short and funny. He's immune to Danhausen!

- Swerve vs Ricky © was my MOTN. People's Elbow Coffin Drop? Let them fight!