Major League Wrestling- A New Man in Charge

Breaking News!

MLW Owner Jeff Jarrett announces Fan Challenge Series

In an effort to get more people involved in following the company, Jeff Jarrett has added something to the prediction contest that is currently running from January to June. After the June event, he will take the top 4 or 6 point totals (depending on how many people predict regularly), and he will reach out to those people, setting up a draft. The top point getter will get the 1st pick and so on. Each person will draft 4 people from the roster. They can draft 4 singles wrestlers, 2 tag teams, or 2 singles wrestlers and a tag team. The only stipulation is that at least 1 of the wrestlers must be at mid-card status or below.

After the draft is complete, the bracket will be set up. On episodes of MLW Fusion and on the big events for July-December, these matches will take place. The format will be as follows: 2 singles matches, 1 tag team match, 2 more singles matches (the singles participants will face the singles participant that they didn't face in the first match). All 5 matches will take place no matter what, but the first team to win 3 matches wins the round. Much like the Davis Cup, if we have any tennis fans in here.

It will be up to the team managers to decide who will be the singles participants for each team and who will be the tag team. It will also be up to the team managers to decide in what order they want their singles wrestlers to participate. This may sound confusing, but once the January-June prediction contest is over, I will get in touch with those that have qualified and break it down further.

This is in an effort to get more of you predicting regularly, as I have seen this done in other dynasties with great success. If you have any questions or comments, feel free to let me know. Thanks.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>Match Card</p><p> </p><p>

King of the Mountain Semifinal Match</p><p>

Fred Yehi vs. <strong>"Filthy" Tom Lawlor</strong></p><p>

Comments:</p><p> </p><p>

King of the Mountain Semifinal Match</p><p>

Darby Allin vs. <strong>Matt Riddle</strong></p><p>

Comments:</p><p> </p><p>

King of the Mountain Finals</p><p>

Winner also becomes inaugural MLW American Openweight Champion.</p><p>

<strong>Yehi/Lawler</strong> vs. Allin/Riddle</p><p>

Comments: I believe Lawler will prevail.</p><p> </p><p>

MLW World Heavyweight Title Match</p><p>

<strong>Jeff Cobb ©</strong> vs. Tommy Mercer</p><p>

Comments: Like Mercer, but not as champion.</p><p> </p><p>

MLW World Middleweight Title Match</p><p>

<strong>MJF © </strong>vs. Brian Pillman Jr.</p><p>

Comments: Could go either way, but I do think the champion retains (maybe due to chicanery?)</p><p> </p><p>

MLW World Tag Team Title Match</p><p>

The Lucha Brothers © vs. <strong>Rich Swann and Shane Strickland</strong></p><p>

Comments: I think they'll win in an upset.</p><p> </p><p>

Street Fight</p><p>

<strong>Joey Janela</strong> vs. MVP</p><p>

Comments: Thinking MVP might be here to build younger wrestlers up.</p><p> </p><p>

Bonus Question:</p><p> </p><p>

How many titles will change hands? (2 points) <strong>One (although maybe not the one I'm thinking of).</strong></p>

King of the Mountain Semifinal Match

Fred Yehi vs. "Filthy" Tom Lawlor

Comments:

King of the Mountain Semifinal Match

Darby Allin vs. Matt Riddle

Comments:

King of the Mountain Finals

Winner also becomes inaugural MLW American Openweight Champion.

Yehi/Lawler vs. Allin/Riddle

Comments: Riddle to beat Lawler, more upside with Riddle

MLW World Heavyweight Title Match

Jeff Cobb © vs. Tommy Mercer

Comments: Cobb is a beast

MLW World Middleweight Title Match

MJF © vs. Brian Pillman Jr.

Comments: MJF is a star

MLW World Tag Team Title Match

The Lucha Brothers © vs. Rich Swann and Shane Strickland

Comments:

Street Fight

Joey Janela vs. MVP

Comments: MVP boosting the younger guy

Bonus Question:

How many titles will change hands? (2 points) ZERO

<p>Guys, as much as it pains me to do this, as I was really invested in this dynasty, I'm going to shut it down</p><p>

My reasons are twofold.. #1, with me being away for so long, all the momentum I had on this dynasty is gone and I can't get back into it with the same passion I had.</p><p> </p><p>

#2, and the more pressing reason is simply TEW 2020. I finally had a chance to download the demo and even though it has some issues still, overall I'm amazed with it! So I'm going to start fresh with a dynasty on there, once I play around with it a little more and find a real world mod that I'm smart enough to download lol.</p><p> </p><p>

I will still have a prediction contest so I really hope those that were predicting continue to do so. I really want my first dynasty on TEW 2020 to be very lengthy with as much support and predictors as some of the other dynasties on here. Stay tuned!</p>