'The A-Lister' The Miz [vs] 'The Swiss Cyborg' Cesaro

BxOFLy5.jpg

DECEMBER 2019, WEEK 3…

Show Rating: 78

Announce Team:

fW5C6IV.jpgMt417yG.jpgdM4JMSC.jpg

Mauro Ranallo, Nigel McGuinness and Beth Phoenix

That Backfired

We kicked off tonight's show with NXT General Manager William Regal being accosted by The Undisputed Era as he arrived at the building...

LH5s3C3.jpge0I6904.jpgC27Mv1u.jpgBNw8QNc.jpgoSVMQyW.jpg

Adam Cole, Bobby Fish, Kyle O'Reilly and Roderick Strong proudly held their Championship Belts on their shoulders...

Adam Cole:
“Well... Aren't you going to congratulate us Regal?! Yu know last week, you made us... No... You FORCED us, to defend ALL of our Championships... And with our backs against the wall, the Undisputed Era retained every... last... one of them... And I think we DESERVE some credit... Maybe even a reward...!!”

Regal scoffed at Cole's comments... and said that once again, all the Undisputed Era proved is that they are just cheats and cowards...

William Regal:
“So what are you going to do... When there's nowhere to run... Nowhere to hide... at WarGames?! Due to your constant cheating... Finn Balor's WarGames Team will get the Numbers Advantage...”

Cole was furious, and demanded that Regal give Undisputed Era a chance to earn the Numbers Advantage... Saying Regal can't just decide like that...

William Regal:
“First of all I'll do what ever I bloody well like... I'm in charge around here... Not you...!! I'll give you a chance... Finn is going to name TWO of his partners later tonight... and you can pick your BEST man, to fight one of his... The winner gets the Numbers Advantage...”

Cole grabbed Roderick Strong by the shoulders, and started massaging him... Saying he was ready to represent The Era!!

uGv6Nc8.jpg

<div style="background-color:#ffffff;color:black;border-style:solid;border-width:3px;box-shadow: 0 4px 8px 0 rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2), 0 6px 20px 0 rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.19)";">

tuoIqBy.jpgdqWjChE.jpgtWWrUE7.jpg

Apollo Crews [vs] Mike Kanellis

Crews has had multiple false-starts in his WWE run. Coming back to NXT could be the re-set he needed, and he's made a great start, winning this match comfortably and winning last week too.

Winner:
Apollo Crews

Finish:
'Uhaa Combination'

</div>

uGv6Nc8.jpg

Team Balor!

Backstage, Team Captain for WarGames Finn Balor was stood with Cedric Alexander...

HN7vDh2.jpgYhvSbok.jpg

Balor said that after Cedric's brilliant performance against Roderick Strong last week, he was an easy choice for his first Team Member...

Finn Balor:
“Cedric knocked on my door, and tol' me he wanted IN... An' since he shoulda won tha Nort' American Ti'le las' week... He was an easy choice... An' if we wanna win this t'ing... Against a well-established team like da Undisputed Era... We're gonna need WARRIORS... So... Team Balor Member Nomber Tree...”

Balor pointed to his left, and up stepped this man:

APPveh2.jpg

'The Original Bro' Matt Riddle joined Alexander and Balor, and had a big grin on his face...

Balor confirmed that Riddle will represent him tonight, against Roderick Strong...!!

uGv6Nc8.jpg

Io Shall Not Tap!

Last week, Natalya made Io Shirai tap out in a Fatal-Four-Way Match, and she's earned a Title shot at Sasha Banks...

iJPvyDt.jpgaL7t4ld.jpgXX0cBSn.jpg

Shirai wasn't happy about the result last week, and so she'll be teaming with Banks up next... To take on Nattie and a partner of her choosing...

Shirai and Sahsa headed to the ring first... And Natalya was then joined by her partner on the stage...

zYj9gOm.jpg

Candice LeRae stood alongside Natalya... and to huge cheers, the fan favourites strolled to the ring!!

<div style="background-color:#ffffff;color:black;border-style:solid;border-width:3px;box-shadow: 0 4px 8px 0 rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2), 0 6px 20px 0 rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.19)";">

iJPvyDt.jpgzYj9gOm.jpgdqWjChE.jpgaL7t4ld.jpgXX0cBSn.jpg

Natalya and Candice LeRae [vs] Io Shirai and Sasha Banks

It was more of the same for Io Shirai in this excellent tag team match. Natalya made her tap out for the second week in a row, but she has Sasha Banks to thank, because the NXT Women's Champion left the ring late on and it was 2 on 1.

Winners:
Natalya and Candice LeRae

Finish:
'Sharpshooter'

</div>

Ask Not What You Can Do For Us...

Backstage, Sonya DeVille was shown watching the excellent tag team match... When Aliyah and Vanessa Borne walked up...

aLYbdwV.jpgavXnc0j.jpgpRLjq84.jpg

Aliyah and Borne said that it should be SONYA against Sasha Banks at NXT Takeover: War Games...

Vanessa Borne:
“We can help you get the next Title shot Sonya... you KNOW we're talking sense... All you have to do, is accept our help...”

Sonya didn't know whether to accept the offer... Aliyah and Borne have been trying to entice her for weeks...

uGv6Nc8.jpg

An A-List Swiss Rumble

Next up, it was confirmed that NXT veterans The Miz and Cesaro will BOTH be in the Men's Royal Rumble...

q34QeLa.jpgntU8YUe.jpg

Miz and Cesaro will also do battle later here tonight in the Main Event...

uGv6Nc8.jpg

nlg8VH7.jpgdqWjChE.jpgJivbJg5.jpg

'The Premier Athlete' Tony Nese [vs] 'The Archer of Infamy' Damian Priest

Tony Nese is an impressive athlete. There might be nobody in the WWE in better shape than him. However, this was a fight not an athletic contest, and he was soon dealt with by Damian Priest's 'South Of Heaven'.

Winner:
'The Archer of Infamy' Damian Priest

Finish:
'South Of Heaven' Chokeslam

</div>

uGv6Nc8.jpg

False Identity

Backstage, Kayla Braxton was stood with Johnny Gargano...

Q0vHUVC.jpgyFymtsH.jpg

Braxton asked Gargano about Bobby Lashley and Lana... Lana has received a number of gifts in recent weeks...

Johnny Gargano:
“And Bobby Lashley thinks that I was involved... He's been with Lana for what? Three minutes? And he's already changed so much... But if he thinks I had anything to do with those gifts, he should think again... I am happily married to Candice... If Lashley wants to know who was involved, then he should look a little closer to home... Not his home... Lana's home...”

Gargano pointed the finger at someone, but it wasn't 100% obvious who he was referencing... Some people will work out who he was talking about though...

uGv6Nc8.jpg

A Puzzle

A still image appeared on the big screen, showing a small puzzle... Just like last week, one piece was missing...

ZldFqP1.jpg

This week, a second piece was removed, revealing some red... The top of someone's shoulder... and the NXT logo!!

uGv6Nc8.jpg

APPveh2.jpgdqWjChE.jpgoSVMQyW.jpg
w/
e0I6904.jpgC27Mv1u.jpgBNw8QNc.jpg

'The Original Bro' Matt Riddle [vs] Roderick Strong w/ The Undisputed Era

Both of these upper card talents excelled here, with the numbers advantage on Strong's side. The winner of this match earned the numbers advantage for WarGames too, and once again Strong leant on the Undisputed Era to defeat Riddle.

Winner:
Roderick Strong w/ The Undisputed Era

Finish:
'Sick Kick'

</div>

The Numbers Advantage

After his victory over Matt Riddle, Roderick Strong has earned the Numbers Advantage for Team Undisputed Era at WarGames!!

APPveh2.jpgHN7vDh2.jpgYhvSbok.jpge0I6904.jpgoSVMQyW.jpgC27Mv1u.jpgBNw8QNc.jpg

This means that the first competitor to enter the match will be from Undisputed Era's team, so they'll always have either the same, or one more entrant than Team Balor...

Team Balor are also yet to name their fourth competitor... A fact that should get rectified soon...

uGv6Nc8.jpg

TakeOver Veterans

Speaking half in Spanish and half American, Rey Mysterio was on our screens next, and he was fired up...

RSIuSvi.jpg

Rey Mysterio:
“Joe... You think you can attack me...?! Do you know who I am...?! I'm a three time World Champion here... I'll show you who I am at Takeover WarGames big man!!”

uGv6Nc8.jpg

Bask In His Glory

We saw a video promo package next for 'Limitless' Keith Lee, who will soon be returning from injury...

3896Qdm.jpg

It was a short injury lay off, but NXT hasn't been the same since he was put on the shelf...

The injury was caused by Roderick Strong, when he and Lee clashed at NXT Tables, Ladders and Chairs...

Thoughts are Lee will be gunning for Roddy when he comes back... and he'll be back, NEXT WEEK!!

uGv6Nc8.jpg

H9BqyfE.jpgdqWjChE.jpg0ooU5Hf.jpg
w/
GwZJB6N.jpgjlAwsip.jpg

Raul Mendoza [vs] Jaxson Ryker w/ The Forgotten Sons

One sided match here. Mendoza can fly with the best of them, but with Cutler and Blake at ringside, he was no match for the big, burly, Ryker, who put him down with a spinebuster.

Winner:
Jaxson Ryker w/ The Forgotten Sons

Finish:
'Spinebuster'

</div>

uGv6Nc8.jpg

Women's Royal Rumble Match

With Sonya DeVille, Aliyah and Vanessa Borne already in the Women's Royal Rumble as NXT representatives, we added two more here...

Fccz0xD.jpgnuCK1Py.jpg

The highly athletic Kacy Catanzaro, who impressed last year, and the plucky Welsh girl Tegan Nox are both IN...

The five NXT entrants announced so far will join other confirmed talents: Alexa Bliss, Nikki Cross, Asuka and Kairi Sane... All from RAW...

It's thought that Smackdown will finally name some entrants this Friday Night...

uGv6Nc8.jpg

Bloc Party

Backstage, Bianca BelAir, Montez Ford and Angelo Dawkins were having some fun, listening to music...

6CQzg69.jpgOb2JQja.jpgoUeHoR8.jpg

But their fun was soon ended when someone turned their music off... and the killjoys were soon revealed...

mk2V2Jn.jpgyWAeq7l.jpgDGuYZKy.jpg

Taynara Conti and her boys from Brazil: Arturo Ruas and Cezar Bononi... The tag team known as 'Technique'...

Bianca BelAir:
“Yo... We were listenin' to that, fool... I oughta teach you a lesson next week Taynara...!! And make you apologise!!”

Conti said she would accept Bianca's challenge... But that she can do one better... a Six Person tag team match!!

Montez Ford said he'd toast to that, and held his red cup up... But Ruas blasted it out of his hand, sending it flying to the floor!!

Dawkins held Ford back... BelAir shouted abuse at the Brazilian trio as they walked off!!

uGv6Nc8.jpg

q34QeLa.jpgdqWjChE.jpgntU8YUe.jpg

'The A-Lister' The Miz [vs] 'The Swiss Cyborg' Cesaro

Great Main Event here, with Miz and Cesaro doing exactly what they were brought to NXT to do: Put on Main Event level matches. However, as talented as he is, the match was won by 'The Swiss Cyborg' cheating! Cesaro low-blowed Miz behind the referee's back, and then hit his 'Neutraliser' finisher! Cesaro even lifted his feet up onto the ropes to make sure he won!

Winner:
'The Swiss Cyborg' Cesaro

Finish:
'Neutraliser'

</div>

Mauro Ranallo:
“Oh Cesaro is just a dirty, rotten, scoundrel... How can he be so pleased with himself after a display like that?!”

Nigel McGuinness:
“Display like what Mauro...? The 'Swiss Cyborg' just beat a former World Champion in The Miz... It's onwards and upwards for him now!!”

Beth Phoenix:
“But he did it in such a way Nigel... Unbecoming of a proud, Swiss man like him... Low blow... Feet on the ropes... I disagree with it... and so do these fans...!!”

Mauro Ranallo:
“It's a sad way to end the show guys... and Miz is too hurt to feel any kind of way about it right now...”

wsIhwIQ.jpg

Apollo Crews [def.] Mike Kanellis

Natalya & Candice LeRae [def.] Sasha Banks & Io Shirai

Damian Priest [def.] Tony Nese

Roderick Strong [def.] Matt Riddle

Jaxson Ryker [def.] Raul Mendoza

Cesaro [def.] The Miz

8Eskz19.png

UZOYFLq.jpg

A solid show from NXT. I need to be a bit careful to not overuse the veterans like Cesaro, Miz, Joe and Rey Mysterio. Right now, they're paired off into feuds, but eventually they'll work against the likes of Gargano, Cole, Damian Priest, Riddle etc. I really like this roster, and it's possibly my favourite of the three brands for now, with more yet to debut. I've booked next week's show already, and the women's division will feature in THREE matches out of six, which is a good advert for them too. There's a lot of talent here, some of it untapped and untested so far too.

<div style="background-color:#ffffff;color:blue;border-style:solid;border-width:3px;box-shadow: 0 4px 8px 0 rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2), 0 6px 20px 0 rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.19)";">

< < QUICK PICKS for Friday Night Smackdown, DECEMBER 2019, WEEK 3… > >

Dominik Dijakovic [vs] 'The Scottish Supernova' Noam Dar

Heavy Machinery [vs] The Colons

Velveteen Dream [vs] Eric Young

Ember Moon [vs] Shayna Baszler

The Lucha Dragons [vs] The B-Team

Roman Reigns & Ricochet [vs] Drew McIntyre & Randy Orton

Third opinion poll:

I've seen a lot of you mention how much you hate Lars Sullivan. I get it, the comments he made were apparently awful, but they were from a long time ago, 5+ years as I understand it. Was he naive and stupid then? Yes. Is he racist and homophobic now? I'd say no. That said, I know it's ruffled a lot of feathers with WWE stars, and with fans of course. So my question is, do I keep HIM around? He obviously brings something to the table that nobody else can. He really is a 'Freak'. But I can do without him. In my previous diary, he came in as Vince McMahon's illegitimate son Dylan McMahon and was going to be pushed to the moon. But here he's surplus to requirements if you guys don't deem him worthy of a spot here. If he stays, he'll be a good heel to write for. It's hard to write for heels in WWE in real life, let alone on here where all you get is text from an un-skilled writer. To have someone you all actually HATE as a top heel is attractive, but let's get some opinion on it. So...

1). Should I release Lars Sullivan?

2). Should I keep him around as a heel with 'nuclear' heat?

</div>

< < QUICK PICKS for Friday Night Smackdown, DECEMBER 2019, WEEK 3… > >

Third opinion poll:

My take with behaviour tends to be

a) what exactly have they done?

b) Are they likely to keep doing it?

With Sullivan he made some comments that would have stopped me hiring him in the first place (if I knew about them) but once he's hired they then become something in the past. Is he likely to do it again? Probably not. With Lars the panic attack thing is a graver concern because it speaks to an inherent in TEW terms "flaky" personality which isn't a great thing and is unlikely to improve significantly. To me he can never be a top heel because I couldn't trust him. He'd be a gatekeeper heel for mine - someone for an up and coming face to get past on the way up. In "Stephanie" I took one look at his mediocre skills and sent him back to development where it's become apparent his destiny rolls weren't good so It's unlikely to be an issue for me. In mine he's average in ring and entertainment which means he's pretty much not good enough for the Main Roster and only one stat can be dramatically improved so he's basically fodder. When he asks to come up I'll bring him up for a month job him into oblivion and then send him back to work in dev. Unless I luck out and his dev contract comes up soon in which case it will just be the job into oblivion part. In yours if he has decent destiny rolls and is improving then he's a solid midcarder assuming his flakiness doesn't cause too many issues.

Third opinion poll:

I remember reading an article when the story first hit about Lars comments in which he insulted the person who revealed his past, though I can't seems to find anything about now that I'm looking for it.

It's funny you asking this now as he just made head lines again this week

It's unfortunate the situations he got himself into, although I do believe he was trolling, specially the homophobic remarks with all the recent leaks (although it doesn't justify it), and the forums in which he made those, which are known for this kind of troll behavior. Anyway, if he does end up released, I can understand why.

Third opinion poll:

2). Should I keep him around as a heel with 'nuclear' heat? It's always good to have another heel on the roster. It is nice in this case where it will be harder to not to get whoever faces him cheered.

< QUICK PICKS for Friday Night Smackdown, DECEMBER 2019, WEEK 3… > >

Dominik Dijakovic

The Colons

Velveteen Dream

Shayna Baszler

The B-Team

Roman Reigns & Ricochet

Third opinion poll:

2). Should I keep him around as a heel with heat

Who cares. To me he is a generic dull big man. Do whatever works for you.

Love Dijak

Get rid of Lars, he's horrible

<p><strong>Dominik Dijakovic</strong> [vs] 'The Scottish Supernova' Noam Dar</p><p> </p><p>

Heavy Machinery [vs] <strong>The Colons</strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong>

</strong><strong>Velveteen Dream</strong> [vs] Eric Young</p><p> </p><p>

Ember Moon [vs] <strong>Shayna Baszler</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>The Lucha Dragons</strong> [vs] The B-Team</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Roman Reigns & Ricochet</strong> [vs] Drew McIntyre & Randy Orton</p><p>

<strong>1). Should I release Lars Sullivan?</strong></p><p><strong>

</strong></p><p>

Lars is more trouble than he's worth IMO, he's basically a generic cookie-cutter big man, nothing about him is special in any way.</p>

<p><strong>Dominik Dijakovic</strong> [vs] 'The Scottish Supernova' Noam Dar</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Heavy Machinery</strong> [vs] The Colons</p><p>

</p><p><strong>

Velveteen Dream</strong> [vs] Eric Young</p><p> </p><p>

Ember Moon [vs] <strong>Shayna Baszler</strong></p><p> </p><p>

The Lucha Dragons [vs] <strong>The B-Team</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Roman Reigns & Ricochet</strong> [vs] Drew McIntyre & Randy Orton</p>

uxhQ8tv.jpg

DECEMBER 2019, WEEK 3…

Show Rating: 85

Announce Team:

qIiwyQ6.jpgXmG1qtr.jpgtV0aM7y.jpg

Michael Cole, Charly Caruso and Corey Graves

KO, KO

To kick us off, Brock Lesnar and Paul Heyman headed to the ring... All smiles after successfully defending the WWE Title against Daniel Bryan...

f7z3I0b.pngnmTbLh1.jpg

Heyman had a lot to get through, so he didn't waste any time, and didn't do his normal shtick...

Paul Heyman:
“The last time Brock Lesnar and Daniel Bryan met, the boot print on Brock's head stayed there for a WEEK... This time... Brock kicked Daniel Bryan's ass so bad, that 'The BEAST's' boot print will last a MONTH!! And maybe more... Now... Let's turn our attention to Kevin... Owens... 'KO' if you will... My client... Brock... Lesnar... will KO, KO... for sticking his nosw in our business... Who does this schmuck think he is...?! I mean, really...”

1r4Y2K3.jpg

It didn't take long for Kevin Owens to answer Heyman's comments...

Kevin Owens:
“So you're the big, bad, Beast...?! Last week, I saw you stick YOUR nose, in Daniel Bryan's business... and I decided to do something about it... You're not so big, or bad, Brock... So I'm here to tell you... To your FACE... That I'm going to be at an event that you probably won't even bother to show up to... But if you do show up... Or if you watch it from 'the ranch'... You'll see me enter the Royal Rumble Match... and then you'll see me WIN the Royal Rumble Match...!! And when I do... I'm coming for that WWE Title...!!”

Lesnar got ready for a fight, but Heyman told him to leave, and the pair walked out of the ring smirking... Owens was fired up, and shone in this segment!!

S3xQGB7.jpg

<div style="background-color:#ffffff;color:blue;border-style:solid;border-width:3px;box-shadow: 0 4px 8px 0 rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2), 0 6px 20px 0 rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.19)";">

r6xSYKO.jpg2GtK9Wi.jpgGsPNnjQ.jpg

Noam Dar is young and has time on his side, so he'll recover from this demolition from the 270lb Dijakovic.

Winner:
Dominik Dijakovic

Finish:
'Feast Your Eyes'

</div>

Eyes On The Back Of Your Head

r6xSYKO.jpg

Dominik Dijakovic celebrated his win all the way up the ramp, telling the crowd to 'Feast' their eyes...

But the tall fan favourite didn't notice Lars Sullivan appear through the curtain...

er7pTrX.jpg

Lars came running up behind Dijakovic, and slammed into him... Knocking him off his feet, and into a heap on the stage...

The 'Freak' then lifted Dijakovic up off the floor, and launched him off the stage and through some equipment tables!!

When we came back from a commercial break, referees and medical personnel were carting Dijakovic away on a stretcher...

S3xQGB7.jpg

We Run This Town

Backstage, newcomer to Smackdown: Toni Storm was walking, when The IIconics walked up...

AnpdCX1.jpgdNBGkF6.jpg0b7jQT2.jpg

Peyton Royce and Billie Kay were their usual disrespectful selves... Telling Toni that she might be new here, but she still needs to follow the rules...

Peyton Royce:
“Rule Number One... WE run the Smackdown Women's Division... Rule Number Two, the line for a shot at the Women's Championship starts... behind... US... If you don't believe us... Just ask Naomi!! We beat her so bad last week, that she couldn't cope with Charlotte Flair at Extreme Rules...”

Billie Kay started waxing lyrical about how much Naomi sucks... and then she realised the charismatic fan favourite was stood behind her...

ETVbJiN.jpg

Naomi:
“You were saying there Billie...?! No no... Please... Don't stop on my account... I was really interested to hear how badly you two beat me up last week... Really interested... See Toni here IS new to Smackdown... and yu know... I couldn't think of a better way to welcome her, than with a tag team match... alongside me... against your two sorry asses!! Next week!!”

Peyton and Billie bickered with each other as they walked away... Naomi outstretched a hand to Storm in handshake, which she accepted...

S3xQGB7.jpg

IMPRERIUM Arrive

A limo showed up backstage, and when it stopped out stepped FOUR men... The group known as Imprerium!!

mmdUDgE.jpg4KAJiiF.jpgsuwmbja.jpgTPwUSQ6.jpg

WALTER, Alexander Wolfe, Fabian Aichner and Marcel Barthel strolled through the parking lot, intimidating backstage workers...

They looked around like they've never been in a building quite like it before... and eventually found the catering area... before we cut away...

S3xQGB7.jpg

Wm1vlp7.jpgdV2ScKl.jpg2GtK9Wi.jpgKH5AZOl.jpgnpdQhlB.jpg

In a re-match from last week, The Colons got some revenge over Heavy Machinery when Primo caught Tucker with the 'Back Cracker'!

Winner:
The Colons

Finish:
'Back Cracker'

</div>

S3xQGB7.jpg

Austrian Nightmare!

The charismatic Akira Tozawa was walking backstage next, when he turned a corner and bumped into the crazy Alexander Wolfe...

8ugvqEr.jpgmmdUDgE.jpg4KAJiiF.jpgsuwmbja.jpgTPwUSQ6.jpg

The rest of Imperium soon appeared behind Tozawa... Wolfe smiled, Tozawa smiled, and then Fabian Aichner and Marcel Barthel pounced!!

Like a pack of rabid dogs, the four members of Imperium took Tozawa apart, and threw him into a wall!

Imperium walked away from the scene, with Wolfe wiping his hands...

S3xQGB7.jpg

hO83sWt.jpg2GtK9Wi.jpgf0xeNEj.jpg

Amazing work from both men here. Dream's character and Young's experience gelled really well, and they took lumps out of each other. In the end, Dream flew off the top rope to hit 'Purple Rain Maker', but Dream didn't get to celebrate for long.

Winner:
Velveteen Dream

Finish:
'Purple Rain Maker' Elbow Drop

</div>

Wolfe In Sheep's Clothing

With Velveteen Dream having his hand raised, Imprerium headed to the ring slowly...!!

hO83sWt.jpgmmdUDgE.jpg4KAJiiF.jpgsuwmbja.jpgTPwUSQ6.jpg

The four traditional wrestling fans surrounded the ring, and then climbed in... Dream threw the first punch, knocking Fabian Aichner out through the ropes!!

Dream also took Marcel Barthel down, but as soon as he came up against WALTER, it was very one-sided...

With Dream down though, he finally got some help from an unlikely source, as Eric Young climbed back into the ring...

f0xeNEj.jpg

Young stood up nose-to-nose with his former ally Alexander Wolfe... The German wild man held his teammates back...

He nodded at Young, as if accepting him IN to Imperium... But EY wasn't interested in joining...

The veteran took Wolfe down with a double-leg, and reigned down fists on his face... But not for long, because Imperium dragged him off...

WALTER flattened EY with a lariat... and Imperium's dominance tonight was unmatched...

S3xQGB7.jpg

xuEstRz.png2GtK9Wi.jpguAbQIA9.jpg

Both women worked hard here, but Ember Moon really connected with the fans in attendance. They were desperate to see her win it, but unfortunately she was put down by Baszler's 'Kirifuda Clutch'.

Winner:
Shayna Baszler

Finish:
'Kirifuda Clutch'

</div>

Make It A Flair Fight

After the match, Jessamyn Duke and Marina Shafir headed to the ring, and they didn't look like they were going to treat Ember Moon particularly well...

xuEstRz.pnguAbQIA9.jpgmCymFul.jpgaceiL4S.jpg

Moon's tag team partner Kayden Carter was taken out by Baszler and co, and although she'll be back soon, she wasn't here tonight...

But before Duke and Shafir could touch Moon, a different friend arrived to save the day...

OZRzev9.png

Smackdown Women's Champion Charlotte Flair has problems of her own with Shayna Baszler, and she took great pleasure in evening the numbers up a little...

Baszler decided to back away, and she took Duke and Shafir with her... This time...

S3xQGB7.jpg

Count Down

37Glpzq.jpg

We saw a promo from latest Smackdown signing Kushida next...

A countdown clock showed that 'The Timesplitter' would be debuting with the Blue Brand in ONE WEEK!!

S3xQGB7.jpg

Smackdown Tag Team Division

We took a close look at the Smackdown Tag Team Division next...Believed to be the best in all of wrestling...

h4sT7Vt.jpgUWyX8pj.jpgcpmTw0F.pngBODn5ZP.pngN1HTHik.jpgHM2vzw8.jpg22QnQe1.jpgyBIIpKS.jpg

The Usos... Smackdown Tag Team Champions Damnation... The Acts of God, and now the Lucha Dragons...

Not to mention The Colons, Heavy Machinery, The B-Team, and the newcomers from Imperium (Marcel Barthel and Fabian Aichner)...

Rumours have been circulating about a NEW tag team, joining the Smackdown roster... and slotting in right at the top of the card...

Who could it be...? Answers on a postcard for that one!! But speaking of Smackdown tag teams...

22QnQe1.jpgyBIIpKS.jpg2GtK9Wi.jpgZZ175jk.jpgO7tXhY8.jpg

The Lucha Dragons made a triumphant return to tag team action here. Before this match, Kalisto and Sin Cara had a combined record of 0-8, but they won comfortably when Kalisto hit 'Salida Del Sol' on Curtis Axel.

Winner:
The Lucha Dragons

Finish:
'Salida Del Sol'

</div>

S3xQGB7.jpg

Royal Riott

After weeks of build, the Blue Brand finally announced the first woman to enter the Royal Rumble from Friday Night Smackdown...

fXIlG3U.jpg

Ruby Riott, who has been out injured for over six months, will return AT the Royal Rumble... and enter the Women's Royal Rumble Match!!

NXT have already announced Sonya DeVille, Aliyah, Vanessa Borne, Kacy Catanzaro and Tegan Nox as entrants...

While RAW have already announced Alexa Bliss, Nikki Cross, Asuka and Kairi Sane... It's looking like a stacked line-up so far...

S3xQGB7.jpg

Underdogs

Backstage, Sami Zayn and his 'client' and friend, Shinsuke Nakamura were standing by for a promo...

0TpO7a5.jpgyeITmde.jpg

Sami Zayn:
“At Extreme Rules... I lost... to Kevin, Owens... But can you blame me...?! I'm the 'Underdog From the Underground'... I was SUPPOSED to lose... Had I somehow, someway, overcame the odds and won... It would have been the single greatest athletic accomplishment in the history of sports...”

Zayn said that now that Nakamura is back, he's no longer an underdog... Because he has the 'King Of Strong Style' watching his back...

Sami Zayn:
“Next week... Nakamura avenges my loss... and goes after Kevin Owens 1 on 1... And now that Ricochet has the Intercontinental Title, Shin wants it BACK...”

The announce team commented that Shinsuka Nakamura wouldn't have gone after the Intercontinental Title if Drew McIntyre had still held it...

That said, Nakamura IS the uncrowned Intercontinental Champion, having relinquished the Belt due to injury...

S3xQGB7.jpg

kcxae3U.jpgH8iTymp.jpg2GtK9Wi.jpgtZDHI8t.jpgrlgc5Hx.jpg

Four great in-ring talents with very different styles here. The Intercontinental Champion Ricochet spent a long time in the ring, and was totally dominated by McIntyre and Orton. The two veterans threw the young high-flier around the ring and dared Roman Reigns to do something about it. Eventually, Ricochet got the tag and in came Reigns! The big Samoan changed the momentum for his team. With Ricochet legal again late on, Reigns exploded with his 'Spear' and cut McIntyre in half! Ricochet fell into the cover and somehow picked up the win!

Winners:
Roman Reigns & Ricochet

Finish:
'Spear'

</div>

S3xQGB7.jpg

The Great Chad Gable

It's been a wild week on Friday Night Smackdown... but next week... this man returns!!

NMROHIk.jpg

'The Great' Chad Gable was beaten by WALTER of Imperium, in the big Austrian's debut at Extreme Rules...

But he'll be back next week... A fact that Roman Reigns and Ricochet in the ring seemed to like...

wsIhwIQ.jpg

Dominik Dijakovic [def.] Noam Dar

The Colons [def.] Heavy Machinery

Velveteen Dream [def.] Eric Young

Shayna Baszler [def.] Ember Moon

The Lucha Dragons [def.] The B-Team

Roman Reigns & Ricochet [def.] Randy Orton & Drew McIntyre

UZOYFLq.jpg

Once again, Smackdown prove they have the best roster in WWE right now... Throwing Ricochet and Drew McIntyre into a tag team match with Reigns and Orton was a good test, and they proved they could hang with two of the biggest names in the company... The big four (Reigns, Orton, Bryan and Lesnar) are joined by an incredible supporting cast too... Owens, Zayn, Nakamura, McIntyre, Ricochet, Gable, Velveteen Dream... and now WALTER... I might have to make some trades soon and improve RAW and NXT if needed... The tag team division was highlighted briefly too, it is stacked and a new team are set to join in soon!!

Thanks for all your feedback on Lars Sullivan. 4 said release, 4 said keep. I told myself if it was close, I'd keep him. Because the 4 that said release hate him... So he's going to be a bad, bad, heel!
:D
I'm thinking he could possibly be effective in a heater/Diesel type role for someone. Dolph Ziggler's muscle. Or even Bobby Roode's muscle. Someone like that
:)

Any feedback from the show is always welcome!

• 2 weeks later...
It was a good show. I like the idea of Lars Sullivan being the muscle of heel wrestler

Lars sucks but as long as he's not pushed too hard I could care less about him.

Thank you guys. Glad you enjoyed the show. Lars is so polarising, it's funny. When I first saw him, I thought he could be something special. That was a few years ago when Finn Balor first showed up in WWE. There was a pic of him, Lars, and Braun Strowman and Finn looked like the leader of a mega stable of monsters! I thought it could be cool. But it never happened.

Sorry for the delay posting here. I've taken a few weeks off wrestling in general if I'm honest. Looking after my baby boy is getting harder and harder. He's a handful these days!! :D But I'm back now!

<div style="background-color:#ffffff;color:darkred;border-style:solid;border-width:3px;box-shadow: 0 4px 8px 0 rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2), 0 6px 20px 0 rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.19)";">

< < QUICK PICKS for Monday Night RAW, DECEMBER 2019, WEEK 4… > >

Aleister Black [vs] EC3

Humberto Carrillo w/ Dakota Kai [vs] Buddy Murphy w/ Bayley

Jordan Myles & Swerve Scott [vs] Shelton Benjamin and ???

'Psycho Killer' Tommaso Ciampa [vs] 'Tranquillo' Andrade w/ Zelina Vega

'The Man' Becky Lynch [vs] 'The Pirate Princess' Kairi Sane w/ Asuka

'Prince' Ali [vs] 'The Phenomenal' AJ Styles

</div>

Aleister Black [vs] EC3

Humberto Carrillo w/ Dakota Kai [vs] Buddy Murphy w/ Bayley

Jordan Myles & Swerve Scott [vs] Shelton Benjamin and ???

'Psycho Killer' Tommaso Ciampa [vs] 'Tranquillo' Andrade w/ Zelina Vega

'The Man' Becky Lynch [vs] 'The Pirate Princess' Kairi Sane w/ Asuka

'Prince' Ali [vs] 'The Phenomenal' AJ Styles