2020 Workers You Want To Watch

Stealth Z. He never got much attention on here, but he could put on stellar matches with good workers right out of the gate. I always repackaged him though. Curious to see where he'll be.

It's funny, because whenever I do a WLW game (or more rarely a EX2010 game) he's a guy I definitely make sure to hire.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>Two more guys I came up with here that really intrigue me.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Magnum Kobe</strong> - With his own huge momentum in 2016, as well as the whole of WLW, it interests me a lot the more I think about him where he ends up. He still has some butt kicking years left in him, and I wouldn't be against him leaving for someplace else either (kind of like who most people compare him with, Shinsuke). Though staying wouldn't be bad either, as he is the clear 1-B to Emerald Angel's 1-A.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Tom "Angry" Gilmore</strong> - Me and this man have been through so much together, he is my TEW favorite, by far (in front of my man Ernest). I was so glad to see he had reached his potential for TEW 2016, and hope he hasn't fell off too far for 2020. I wouldn't mind seeing him elsewhere either, a last hope for TCW? A new shining beacon for NOTBPW (love this option after reading TheLloyd's diary on them, check it out), or maybe even a run in Japan? I am up for all of it! As long as he still does well of course, might go cry in a corner if he is depushed to hell.</p>

Riley McManus - I honestly see him being in USPW in 2020, but not being utilized to his full potential and either a) wanting out or b) being part of the youth push that USPW is probably going to need to be in.

Eve Grunge - She'll be the owner of now started CWWF which when the game starts is probably at Cult status in Canada. I'd see her starting it up to give more women a chance in Canada at a place to earn a solid job. She'll also sign Elsa Calvo, Winter Break (Claire Winters/Ariel Breaks), Eri Sato, Laura Flame and Thea Davis (PPA).

Thea Davis - Probably the most over women's wrestler outside of AAA, which is why she isn't with a bigger company because she makes way too much to be signed by a single company (USPW has too many old stars hogging up the resources).

The American Cobras - I believe they probably have gotten dinged for drugs (they almost always do when I've done any type of testing and signed them) and had to get clean before returning to the sport. Get dinged in 2016 when USPW sign them, go for rehab in 2017, come back and rebuild themselves up in 2018-2020 again in CZCW.

Marc DuBois - I believe good old Marc will be like the Cobras and have gotten clean and work his way to a main event position over in surprisingly, SWF. I say that, just because you know, SWF is probably flagging quite a bit.

Acid II - After his partner, Stuntman, had to retire due to another concussion suffered in 2016, dude's been striking it out on his own as one of top guys on the indies. He's in CZCW, he's in BCG, he's in Mexico's OLLIE. It is just no big company has signed him. Yet.

Logan Wolfsbaine - Got released by PSW like he does in 2016, but TCW has signed them and after four years of being being built up, is finally ready to ascend to the main event roster. Assuming someone doesn't try signing him out from TCW as contract is now coming up.

Motoyuki Miyake, Gidayu Katou, Eikichi Itou and MUSCLE (can't think of his full name) - If I recall correctly (been awhile since I did Japan only) whenever I put Miyake (who I call POWER) and MUSCLE together, put them against the team Katou and Itou, it normally resulted in them having good chemistry against each other and with their respective team mates. I'd honestly say they probably signed up with a company that needs a boost in the tag division. Actually bet they end up in BCG and are guys that JCW or WLW are looking to nab.

Okay, why JCW and not BHOTWG or PGHW? I wouldn't be surprised if we start up Japan and the two top companies are the 'new' JCW (which is basically the parts and pieces of BHOTWG and PGHW) and WLW but at Cult. Before you ask, that tidal wave that killed Japan's economy is going to knock everyone down a notch or two. Though that's me spitballing.

Americana II - Before you ask who this is, Americana is American Elemental's name in Japan, so American Elemental II is in Japan. I think both Americanas are in WLW, where most of the masked juniors went after BHOTWG's closed shop, but before BHOTWG and PGHW could form JCW. Like both closed up shop in 2017, JCW opened in 2019. I'd say that Americana II is probably now the hottest prospect and contract is coming up in 2020, so everyone's after him.

Hitomaro Suzuki, Morimasa Kato and Razan Okamoto - I honestly think that these guys are all in BCG, tearing it up as main eventers and pushing BCG to be the 3rd company in Japan (along with the aforementioned taggers).

Matthew Keith and Greg Gauge - Left Japan in 2018 for USPW and have been both working in USPW for 2 years. Part of the "youth" movement that's stalled in USPW. I don't think they are tagging, but still using their 2016 wrestling names. Are hugely over with the fans, but are still not main eventers (to give a fans vs push dynamic issue).

El Mitico Jr - Here's a twist for everyone. He's working as one of the top guys of CZCW and only now, in 2020, is anyone from Mexico trying to sign him. Why that is, no one knows, because dude's like the best of characters. Like just a weird "why is he not working anywhere else" type of issues. Dude's as popular as the most popular indies wrestler (Acid II).

El Neutron II - His American name and a top star of CZCW, though this guy only reached it in 2019 and I think he's also probably working over in OLLIE.

Amazing Fire Fly and Rapido - Is now the best tag team in all of Mexico if not the world, but not with SOTBPW. Again one of those cases that they make more money on the indies than they do if they sign with any one company.

Can I think of anyone else to write about? Not really... Oh wait. Ray Snow is probably like a main eventer for JCW and the top Gaijin in Japan. That's about it.

Uh... do you have info the rest of us don't?

Acid II and Greg Gauge are my boys. I usually create a bunch of OCs to populate my start up company, but I've never played a TEW game where I didn't sign these two as soon as I could. I'm also interested in seeing if there are any crossover characters from WMMA, since over the hill MMA fighters being in pro wrestling has become A Thing since 2016 has come out.

Two more guys I came up with here that really intrigue me.

Magnum Kobe - With his own huge momentum in 2016, as well as the whole of WLW, it interests me a lot the more I think about him where he ends up. He still has some butt kicking years left in him, and I wouldn't be against him leaving for someplace else either (kind of like who most people compare him with, Shinsuke). Though staying wouldn't be bad either, as he is the clear 1-B to Emerald Angel's 1-A.

Tom "Angry" Gilmore - Me and this man have been through so much together, he is my TEW favorite, by far (in front of my man Ernest). I was so glad to see he had reached his potential for TEW 2016, and hope he hasn't fell off too far for 2020. I wouldn't mind seeing him elsewhere either, a last hope for TCW? A new shining beacon for NOTBPW (love this option after reading TheLloyd's diary on them, check it out), or maybe even a run in Japan? I am up for all of it! As long as he still does well of course, might go cry in a corner if he is depushed to hell.

Thanks man :) In that same diary Kobe got signed by USPW, or was it SWF?! One of the two. He was Enhancement Talent though "/ Had about 3 matches in 6 months!!

A couple that I'm looking forward to seeing. I'll go with my favourites and put some ideas about where they might be:

Buff Martinez and Jay B - AKA Hot Stuff! I hope they are both still Main Event guys in 21CW. Could see one or both moving to the States too, but you could say that about most 21CW Main Eventers.

Gino Montero. I think I know where he'll be but he was a Mega Star for me in NOTBPW so I'd love to see him go to Canada or the States.

Spencer Spade. Probably still be in developmental, bless him.

Wade Orson. 21CW's top star. Probably just finished, or is still, feuding with Tommy Cornell.

Joey Beauchamp. He's just my boy. I think he was the head booker for someone in Europe in 2016. I'd like to see him get a run in a big company, even if he's low down the card.

The DeColts and The Stones. An obvious one. Do they have kids wrestling, or soon to debut? Is David Stone near the top of NOTBPW already?! Has Edd returned?! Have Jack and Steve retired?! Is Ricky in the States?! Ahhh I'm excited.

• 2 weeks later...

I've had a soft spot for Annihilus ever since I hired him in a RTG attempt I started recently. In that game, he's great for getting high-value Menace angle for cheap, and he's a positive influence backstage. I'd really like to see him as an indie star somewhere or in a developmental deal. He's never going to be great in the ring, but there are plenty of places a big guy like him could go far.

Do they have kids wrestling, or soon to debut?

There's David, as you mentioned, and Lucy Stone-McFly is set to debut in 2021 if nothing changes. Don't think there are any next-gen DeColts, though, at least based on the 2016 database.

I've got an old TEW2016 save which I played until August 2020 so I had a quick look to see who was primed for stardom.

Mark Adonis - seems like he could be a megastar. In 2016 he could talk right off the bat and had decent basics. His SQ was probably a bit low at B- but that can develop too. Maybe he's one of the top guys in 21CW four years on.

Beast Bantom and War Machine - the two easiest workers to book on the UK scene. Both have A rated menace and are decent in the ring. In 2016 they were both already established on the 21CW roster so I imagine they are big stars.

Cobra and Hugh De Aske - Both great all rounders who I always try and get and push

Grave Digger - This guy had A* menace and B+ SQ in this 2020 save as well as B's all round for basic skills. If 21CW is still going with Cornell on top then this monster would be a great heel to challenge him.

I've had a soft spot for Annihilus ever since I hired him in a RTG attempt I started recently. In that game, he's great for getting high-value Menace angle for cheap, and he's a positive influence backstage. I'd really like to see him as an indie star somewhere or in a developmental deal. He's never going to be great in the ring, but there are plenty of places a big guy like him could go far.

This makes me really happy to read. As one of the only guys available in Aus from elsewhere in the world he has always been a guy I liked to see pop up in diaries. Never one I really used as I tend to favour Perf>Pop but I am glad to see other guys like him.

Roger Cage: An absolute must-hire for me in every save I end up doing. Decent in the ring with Charisma and mic-skills off the charts. I'll be checking to see if he made his mark in the big leagues and is the bona-fide superstar he should be.

Matthew Keith & Greg Gauge: I'm expecting to see Keith be the Omega of Japan with Gauge a big player in the US. Perhaps that's already happened and they've come together somewhere to cement the Keith's as the greatest wrestling family the business has seen. Of course, I'll check in on the DeColts and Stone's to compare.

Gino Montero: My C-Verse version of Eddie Guerrero. Love hiring him through whatever means necessary. The guy is the complete package. Hoping he's made the jump to the US and is a main event star. Maybe in the SWF where he caught fire and helped revitalise them to challenge USPW.

Steve DeColt: Has the potential to be Jericho-esque in terms of longevity. Leave NOTBPW, either return to CGC and patch things up with Alex to bring them back to being competitive or land him in USPW with a less impactful style and a light schedule. Dude is a bona-fide contender for GOAT. Would love to see him still going strong in 20'.

There are numerous others and my first project will be a watcher dynasty to keep track of the whole world but these are the 4 I'll be checking in on first.

<p>El Mitico Jr - Obviously, Mitico has a lot of options. Will he take CZCW to new heights? Help revive OLLIE? Or... go kill it in BHOTWG? Perhaps he fails?</p><p> </p><p>

Champagne Lover - What is the biggest international crossover star doing? Did he take a huge paycheck to further bolster USPW? Perhaps taking the fight to them by signing with TCW? </p><p> </p><p>

Kozue Kawashima - With Yoshimi at 44 years old, he is either on his last legs or done. Kawashima is now in charge of guiding PGHW (if it's still there) and will be pivotal in who conquers Japan.</p>

My eyes are on Spencer Spade and Tommy Jr. I feel that Tommy Sr, Champagne Lover, Marat, Ricky DeColt, and some of the other big dogs are fast on their way out.

I will be watching Killer Shark who I see Vader level of upside in, even though he might be just another Otis. I also see Boneyard as having that viciousness I want in a King Mabel but I fear he might also be another Mr. Hughes.

Had a list a while ago but I'm going to explain some now that we're ten days from the beta!

The Dynamite Express: Both men are extremely good wrestlers for their age, although Syd slightly overshadows Cameron (which is a damn shame). Hoping to see them wind up in TCW's tag division, or maybe in separate companies with solo pushes.

Brendan Idol: Will he finally get his second chance? It'd be nice to see a payoff from him, considering he's been trying to get back into SWF's system since 2009!

Raphael: Another guy who seems to be way too talented for the indy scene. Hope he ends up in TCW, or maybe killing it on the regional scene with companies like CZCW or NYCW.

Adrian McGhee, Vance Sturt, Blackwell Bush, Toasty Bonnar, Lance Maddigan, Tyrant: I dunno why, but I just seem to have a soft spot for these guys and I really hope they've been picked up by someone in 2020.

Hitomaro Suzuki: C'mon, this dude is great. Too talented for the indies - put him in BCG, dammit!

Chess Maniac: Hopefully in OLLIE or full-time in Japan, considering his talent. This guy is next-level for an independent worker, someone better wise up and pick him up on a deal (and while I'm at it, El Mitico Jr and Lobo Blanco too!

Thimbleby Langton & Wooton Fitzpaine: Give the big dummies some love, please. They deserve it :D

Harry Allen: Hope he's in a midcard gatekeeping role with one of the regional companies. He's not a bad worker and will only be 42 in 2020, and he'd be a great veteran hand for places like CZCW or MAW.

Brutus Milano: This dude is money, he just needs some improvements to his ring work. He better be in RIPW again!

Riley McManus, Seth Whitehead, Gidayu Katou, K-Squared, Remmy Honeyman: A bunch of dudes way too solid to stay unemployed. Could see them filling out the undercard/midcard of several companies, big and small.

Roger Monteiro: He better be in CZCW.

Molokai Milk: Will be interesting to see if he does anything back in Hawaii. Perhaps a Hawaiian promotion starts up, headed by him and Clark Alexander?

Island Boy Apollo: Ever since I first laid eyes on this dude I've loved him. Some serious future star potential here, hope he's made it up the rankings and is on the verge of being signed by SWF/USPW.

Pavel Vanzycha: He's fantastic. He better be full-time in Japan, or elsewhere on a PPA deal.

Remmy Skye: Hoping he's clean and working for somebody again.

Keith Vegas: ALL HAIL LORD KING EMPEROR KEITH VEGAS! (Keith is my favorite character in the CVerse, with my close second at the moment being Mad Dog Mortimer. Hope he's still employed in 2020!)