Tag Teams / Stables / Naming Thread Suggestions

On 10/24/2022 at 12:58 PM, ArcheoOutOfNowhere said:

Does anyone have a suggestion for a WWE name I could give to a newly hired Solo Darling ? I don't want something with "Candy" in it, nor Christie/Christina, but apart from that I'm open to any ideas.
Bonus point if there's a small subtle hint to her gimmick/nicknames, but that's not mandatory !

Since I was going to ask for help naming a couple of stables, I thought I'd also give an update on this: so far, the best idea I have is "Ava Cherry" (which would however force me to rename Simone Johnson rather than use "Ava Raine" as in real life). There are potential catchphrases for that name: "Every match I'm in ends the same way, fans will Ava cherry on top", stuff like that. However, if anyone has a better idea, I'm all for it !

As for the new names needed:
- Since I'm in January 2022, Happy Corbin and Madcap Moss are still teaming up, and I've decided to also have Ariya Daivari join them for a stable of arrogant annoying heels flaunting their wealth despite not earning it. The only idea I have so far is "Moneymakerz" but I'm not 100% convinced. Anyone has a better idea ?

- In NXT, I've hired Bradley Prescott IV (rebranded as Joffrey Cornwell Jr.), Brayden Toon (runder the name Clayton Lansky), Silas Mason (who'll now go by Billy Tanner) and I'll probably add Denzel Dejournette (as Desmond Troy) to the group too. The basis for this stable is a group of bullies who peaked in high school in the middle of Nowhere, Maine, as you'd have them in a Stephen King novel I guess: Cornwell Jr. is the son of the local factory boss, Lansky the son of Cornwell Sr. right hand man, Tanner the local redneck who's being used by the two rich kids, and Troy the friend they made playing football or whatever. They don't understand that the power they held in their small town was entirely due to them being the only rich kids around, and are there to serve as foes for midcarders that aren't ready for the main event (think Brooks and Jensen for instance). I might at some point add a woman to the group as Cornwell Jr.'s cheerleader girlfriend, so ideally, no name like "the Boys" but I'm open to suggestions nonetheless.

4 hours ago, ArcheoOutOfNowhere said:

Since I was going to ask for help naming a couple of stables, I thought I'd also give an update on this: so far, the best idea I have is "Ava Cherry" (which would however force me to rename Simone Johnson rather than use "Ava Raine" as in real life). There are potential catchphrases for that name: "Every match I'm in ends the same way, fans will Ava cherry on top", stuff like that. However, if anyone has a better idea, I'm all for it !

As for the new names needed:
- Since I'm in January 2022, Happy Corbin and Madcap Moss are still teaming up, and I've decided to also have Ariya Daivari join them for a stable of arrogant annoying heels flaunting their wealth despite not earning it. The only idea I have so far is "Moneymakerz" but I'm not 100% convinced. Anyone has a better idea ?

- In NXT, I've hired Bradley Prescott IV (rebranded as Joffrey Cornwell Jr.), Brayden Toon (runder the name Clayton Lansky), Silas Mason (who'll now go by Billy Tanner) and I'll probably add Denzel Dejournette (as Desmond Troy) to the group too. The basis for this stable is a group of bullies who peaked in high school in the middle of Nowhere, Maine, as you'd have them in a Stephen King novel I guess: Cornwell Jr. is the son of the local factory boss, Lansky the son of Cornwell Sr. right hand man, Tanner the local redneck who's being used by the two rich kids, and Troy the friend they made playing football or whatever. They don't understand that the power they held in their small town was entirely due to them being the only rich kids around, and are there to serve as foes for midcarders that aren't ready for the main event (think Brooks and Jensen for instance). I might at some point add a woman to the group as Cornwell Jr.'s cheerleader girlfriend, so ideally, no name like "the Boys" but I'm open to suggestions nonetheless.

What about Ann or Anna or Annie Cherry?

Bootstaps?

For the Prescott stable, what about Old Glory? For them, it's cause they're the best americans and such, but obviously they're just past their prime.

I hadn't thought of Ann/Anna/Annie, it could work yes ! Although it might sound a bit less" young" and bubbly.

I'm assuming you meant Bootstraps ? I could probably use that for a stable, to be fair, but it'd work a bit better for another stable I'm planning down the line. The Corbin group would be more like gamblers that made their money in Vegas, rather than those who would tell others to pull themselves up by their bootstraps: they're not judging others because they deem them lazy, they're judging them because they can't buy a new Lamborghini when the last one has an empty tank, if that makes sense. Less JBL and more... well Happy Corbin, or heel Cameron Grimes.

Old Glory might sound a bit weird since they're all pretty young: I don't think any high school bully who hasn't grown up yet would consider himself "Old". If anything, they'd go for something like "The Clique", "The Posse", etc (but obviously those are taken already 😛 )

I'm doing a CGC '97 save. Eric Tyler has left the company for SWF, and I'll fold his Tradition stable as a result. I want to start a new one with four guys: The Hype, The Natural, Rich Money and Tommy Cornell (yes, I managed to sign him and want to include him in the stable as part of his push).

Any suggestions on a stable name?

On 10/29/2022 at 10:27 PM, Jaysin said:

Anyone have Florida specific tournament names for a cruiserweight tournament and a women's tournament.

The save is in January 1992 for Florida Championship Wrestling. They're my development promotion. 

I already have a Eddie Graham Memorial tag tournament and a Big Cat Invitational for heavyweights.

Was considering calling the cruiserweight cup the Malenko Cup after Boris Malenko, but I think I'm going to do a technical tournament with his name attached.

Any thoughts on using Dusty Rhodes and Kevin Sullivan to name anything?

And surprisingly, Boris Malenko had the most reigns with the Brass Knuckles title.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/25/2022 at 7:21 AM, Matt_Black said:

Any suggestions for Romi Yamato and Eri Sato. Admittedly, "Yamato & Sato" or the reverse both sound adequate thanks to the rhyming nature, but I'd prefer something with a bit more oomph.

YAMSATO (styled in all caps)? I did think of SATYAM but that just reminded me of Satnam Singh. Or if you'd prefer a standard tag name, Azure Fusion? DREAM SY? DYNAMITE Angels (due to their explosive styles)? 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, James The Animator said:

His first nickname was “Dynamic”, so you could call him The Masked Dynamo (or simply The Dynamo). But he might not be quite exciting enough to justify that name. I know you have some great wrestlers in your dev already, so when that becomes a problem you can just have one of them unmask him.

Dynamo is actually awesome and just what the doctor ordered. 

• Like 1

Looking for a couple of tag team names for a WCW 2001 game (using my mod!)

Shawn Stasiak & Mark Jindrak - teaming with Stacy Keibler as their manager. The general ideal is the guys think they are the sex appeal more then Stacy. Stacy is the only reason they ever win a match. Maybe something like Keibler Models... but more creative.

D'Lo Brown & Jason Jett - A new team that will be somewhat short lived and lead to a feud between the two. The idea with these two is Stacy has been taunting Torrie Wilson that she manages Stasiak/Jindrak so Torrie went out and got her own team, the flashy fan favourites in D'Lo and Jett.

On 12/11/2022 at 5:47 AM, MrCanada said:

Looking for a couple of tag team names for a WCW 2001 game (using my mod!)

Shawn Stasiak & Mark Jindrak - teaming with Stacy Keibler as their manager. The general ideal is the guys think they are the sex appeal more then Stacy. Stacy is the only reason they ever win a match. Maybe something like Keibler Models... but more creative.

D'Lo Brown & Jason Jett - A new team that will be somewhat short lived and lead to a feud between the two. The idea with these two is Stacy has been taunting Torrie Wilson that she manages Stasiak/Jindrak so Torrie went out and got her own team, the flashy fan favourites in D'Lo and Jett.

Since both Stasiak and Jindrak have a nickname related to Perfection, how about "Perfection Incarnated", or "The Exquisite Ones" ? If however you want something a bit more "Maximum Male Models", something as simple as "Perfect Models" can work fairly well.

For Brown and Jett, I thought of Uptown Fires, based on D'Lo's nickname and Jett gimmick of "Skyfire", but I'm sure there might be a better name than that. You could also go with "Wilson's Boys" or something if the focus is really on her and there is no plan to keep them around, though.

On 12/9/2022 at 8:05 AM, James The Animator said:

Well, they’re both small British guys, so I’m thinking about The Terriers. Then their gimmick can be acting like football hooligans (being really crude, challenging much bigger wrestlers to fights they clearly cannot win, really competitive) and wearing terrier t-shirts as their entrance attire.

I supposed it's a good name for any UK-based team, but with both Dar and Devlin in my promotions carrying their own pre-existing nickname (Scottish Supernova and Irish Ace), it's not what I'm looking for.

On 12/9/2022 at 6:52 AM, MidKnightDreary said:

Hibernia? Refers to Scottish and Irish both

Is it really? My limited search on Wikipedia seemed to indicate it's an old name for Ireland only.

On 12/9/2022 at 9:39 AM, Jaysin said:

The Overrated 😝

No personal bias please 😁

Edited by JoshGallie

Any thoughts on individuals names for Booker T and Stevie Ray in 1992 WWF? They’re going to be managed by Slick, who is also managing Ice Train (I’ve gone with the genius name of “Ice Train Jones” here) and will all be babyfaces.

I quite like the idea of keeping the Harlem Heat name, but am open to suggestions!

3 hours ago, mrwright86 said:

Any thoughts on individuals names for Booker T and Stevie Ray in 1992 WWF? They’re going to be managed by Slick, who is also managing Ice Train (I’ve gone with the genius name of “Ice Train Jones” here) and will all be babyfaces.

I quite like the idea of keeping the Harlem Heat name, but am open to suggestions!

Kole & Kane Houston ... The Sons Of Texas. 
🙃

• 2 weeks later...