Diary Preview And Questions Thread

Wrestling has lost its meaning

o4hFwXl.jpg

Wrestlers are now expected to make money rather than try and make the audience happy, to go and make sure the high 1 percenters of the world, the Allen Packer’s of the world, the Richard Eisen's of the world feel something. They self-contain themselves with these stereotypical wrestlers from the olden days, and by the time they try to push a young guy he or she is already 30-something. They say it gives people their dues, but really it just means the old and worse wrestlers get too much leeway. Jack Bruce put over Valiant and Rocky on the way out, a Valiant who was nearly 40 and a Rocky who was already 10 times more over then Bruce. No stars made to be great, nothing. At least DeBones put Scythe over. USPW remains the same few people. A great wrestler like Sterling Whitlock is going to be let go as Packer can't be convinced that he is the next big thing. Meanwhile, TCW is still making attempts, but they are still fiddling with Mo and some of the others, seemingly not knowing what to do.  The future of wrestling is there but not being tapped. Giants and high flyers all exist to take over from the veterans, but no one is capitalizing. It’s time for an “old vet” like myself to take this opportunity to make new stars...

UZ7eXPi.png

APEX PRO WRESTLING: COMING TO A FORUM NEAR YOU!

Edited by Martel123
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, Martel123 said:

Wrestlers are now expected to make money rather than try and make the audience happy, to go and make sure the high 1 percenters of the world, the Allen Packer’s of the world, the Richard Eisen's of the world feel something. They self-contain themselves with these stereotypical wrestlers from the olden days, and by the time they try to push a young guy he or she is already 30-something. They say it gives people their dues, but really it just means the old and worse wrestlers get too much leeway. Jack Bruce put over Valiant and Rocky on the way out, a Valiant who was nearly 40 and a Rocky who was already 10 times more over then Bruce. No stars made to be great, nothing. At least DeBones put Scythe over. USPW remains the same few people. A great wrestler like Sterling Whitlock is going to be let go as Packer can't be convinced that he is the next big thing. Meanwhile, TCW is still making attempts, but they are still fiddling with Mo and some of the others, seemingly not knowing what to do.  The future of wrestling is there but not being tapped. Giants and high flyers all exist to take over from the veterans, but no one is capitalizing. It’s time for an “old vet” like myself to take this opportunity to make new stars...

I'm a sucker for that anti-establishment vibe, good luck with this!

• 2 weeks later...

The latest edition of AWA Wrestling on ESPN is now posted in my AWA 1989 diary:

https://forum.greydogsoftware.com/topic/52672-awa-1989-a-financial-savior-is-badly-needed/page/15/#comments

NOTE: Please read my posts only with the light background bc some go through on the dark pages in black writing.

Edited by piperrulz

• 1 month later...

I'm new to this diary/dynasty thing(not really, just the last time I tried it it was on another site and it was years upon years ago when I was a minor and didn't know how to really write a good story). But would anyone be interested in reading a diary that'd be ICW:No Holds Barred but in the C-Verse?(Specifically Lavelleuk's Alt-Cverse 2022 database)

The owner/the player character is going to be an Original Character, as I couldn't find someone that really fit the mold of who I wanted. But I'm trying to figure out a roster too.

But yeah, who'd want full on, all out, American based Deathmatch shenanigans?

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...