[RELEASE] Real World Chronicles 2024

So my first experience of TEW 2020 was playing the January version of this which I converted from 2016 and I loved it. I’ve had a quick look at the BETA today and it looks very good but I wanted to ask if something has changed with the relationship between WWE and NXT? Previously I wasn’t able to change my product but now I can and I feel like something is different with the contracts too (though I can’t put my finger on exactly what). Also the production page flags everything in red because it seems to think I’m competing with WWE?

<p>RAW spoilers</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#FFFFFF;">Becky Lynch is pregnant and Asuka is the new RAW Women's champion</span></p><p><span style="color:#FFFFFF;">

The Iiconics are back and on RAW</span></p><p><span style="color:#FFFFFF;">

Jinder Mahal is back & face</span></p>

Are WWE meant to be a medium size company or is this an error? They are the same size as AEW which doesn't seem right.

Also, not a mod issue but this game is way harder than 2016!!! Losing popularity after every single show.

I don't agree with the current TEW 2020 labels for sizes, but yeah, because of how they are I don't really have a choice but to bump WWE up to at least 77 to avoid the battle with AEW. The problem then is they'll drop back to Medium immediately unless I give them undeserved buffs across the board because of how quickly popularity swings in TEW. Kinda screwed either way but it's something I've been thinking about.

So my first experience of TEW 2020 was playing the January version of this which I converted from 2016 and I loved it. I’ve had a quick look at the BETA today and it looks very good but I wanted to ask if something has changed with the relationship between WWE and NXT? Previously I wasn’t able to change my product but now I can and I feel like something is different with the contracts too (though I can’t put my finger on exactly what). Also the production page flags everything in red because it seems to think I’m competing with WWE?

Not really sure what you mean about not being able to change the product. That might be something that was changed in a patch? It doesn't sound like something that would be affected by the company relationship, which is just set to have NXT as the child company like always. As for competing in WWE I'm guessing that's because both NXT and WWE are Medium sized but child companies being eligible to compete with their parents sounds like another game issue.

I don't agree with the current TEW 2020 labels for sizes, but yeah, because of how they are I don't really have a choice but to bump WWE up to at least 77 to avoid the battle with AEW. The problem then is they'll drop back to Medium immediately unless I give them undeserved buffs across the board because of how quickly popularity swings in TEW. Kinda screwed either way but it's something I've been thinking about.

Why not just bump WWE to 80-82 so they have a little room to drop without going back to medium instantly?

I am in no way a fan of WWE and I despise their current product. But they still are by far the biggest company in the world, so they should have at least 80 pop IMO.

Other than that, I think this is one of the most realistic real-world mods out there. Played the demo on this mod as MLW and really enjoyed it.

Some smaller things I noticed (might be nitpicking):

- Penta El Zero M is not a toned Lightweight (he's developed quite a belly). I'd consider him flabby Lightweight

- some of the MLW workers have Experience at 0 even though they're in the buisness for 3/4/5 years.

- some of the American NJPW workers have very low pop in the USA compared to some of the independent guys. If Tama Tonga decided to quit NJPW and come to the US, he'd probably be one of the top indy stars right away. But he only has 23 pop in the game. The same applies to Juice Robinson (30 pop in the US) and to a lesser extend to Zach Sabre and Will Ospreay (even though they're not American).

- Dominic Garrini (MLW) is set as he can't play legitimate gimmicks, yet he plays a MMA fighter IRL.

- Jacob Fatu (MLW) is set to have offbeat/unstable gimmicks as both, good and bad. That's a contradiction.

- Rusev's name is probably WWE-branded. He should go by his real name in the database.

These things I noticed are in no way meant as criticism. I'm just trying to help making the mod even more realistic.

Why not just bump WWE to 80-82 so they have a little room to drop without going back to medium instantly?

I am in no way a fan of WWE and I despise their current product. But they still are by far the biggest company in the world, so they should have at least 80 pop IMO.

In earlier patches I actually was testing them on pop as high as 85 because back then the attendance was way too low in the 70s. Even then, they'd fall to 77 or lower within the 2 month demo period. I don't think pop swing has been lessened since then but it was super harsh. Definitely gonna see what can be done about them though, even if it's just artificially raising Vince's booking to not tank the company so fast.

Thanks for the other stuff. I'm still going through all the attributes and stats and it's taking ages but the next update will be a lot more comprehensive.

How are the locations/venues coming along Quest?

I hope you realize the importance of accurate real world venues in your TEW mod making adventures. A lot of TEW mod makers fail to understand the impact that an inaccurate venue can have on an individual when playing a mod.

Please make sure to have the correct venues brother and add some more lesser venues, jack. There are amazing resources like Cagematch and wrestlingdata.net to give you all the help you need brother, jack dude.

Much Love

DZ

Worry not, I've set them all to 0 capacity for maximum realism!

In earlier patches I actually was testing them on pop as high as 85 because back then the attendance was way too low in the 70s. Even then, they'd fall to 77 or lower within the 2 month demo period. I don't think pop swing has been lessened since then but it was super harsh. Definitely gonna see what can be done about them though, even if it's just artificially raising Vince's booking to not tank the company so fast.

Thanks for the other stuff. I'm still going through all the attributes and stats and it's taking ages but the next update will be a lot more comprehensive.

Curious about the "booking stats" what are you rating bookers and what are the general results you are seeing with the ratings? I've never really taken into account booking skills as impacting a show grade for the AI, but it sounds like it does. Which is intriguing.

Curious about the "booking stats" what are you rating bookers and what are the general results you are seeing with the ratings? I've never really taken into account booking skills as impacting a show grade for the AI, but it sounds like it does. Which is intriguing.

In the original conversion I had Vince at 40-45 and every angle sucked no matter who was in it, which was destroying the overall show grade. I think he's at 70 in the last release? Even there he sucks. It didn't have an enormous effect in 2016 as far as I could tell but it's quite important now.

That said, WWE isn't putting on consistent 78 shows irl and haven't been for years but still wouldn't be close to being considered "medium" so the real problem is the way popularity works in TEW plus the size labels. Same with AEW gaining enormous amounts of popularity in such a short space of time, it just doesn't work that way irl.

Hey, I love that this database is going to continue and I will not only be getting TEW 2020 as soon as I can, I'll most likely be playing this database exclusively as my RW mod.

My initial plan is to do an NWA save and so my initial looks at the data are focused on this. Just as a heads up:

The Crockett Cup title isn't set to be contested at the Crockett Cup event.

Aldis isn't set as the leader of Strictly Business

Dave Marquez isn't on the roster

NWA and Fite TV don't have a deal but Fite is the carrier for their PPV deals

NWA Powerrr TV shows aren't numbered

I know these are really small things and I will likely change them in the editor myself. I get there are other, bigger parts of the mod to work on so if these aren't done they won't stop me downloading the mod! I'll likely look at IMPACT and a lot of UK stuff too because I'm based in the UK so anything I can do to help, let me know what is needed and I will try.

As a second question, YouTube Red is still in as a broadcaster but it's actually been replaced by YouTube Premium. Also, the criteria for that broadcaster is higher than YouTube despite, in real life, YouTube Premium can be turned on by anybody. Are you aiming to update YouTube Red to YouTube Premium and would you consider lowering the broadcaster standards to be in line with YouTube.

The reason I as is because I would like the option to simulate having a free show on YouTube but having the option to go to Premium if I need the cash.

Sorry for the wall of text! The mod is looking awesome so far.

I wanted to start playing with this but it says it has critical errors with like 25 people having exclusive and non-exclusive contracts and Gronkowski can't hold WWE 24/7 so what is this? It doesn't work somehow.

If you go into Gronkowski in the editor and make him an active wrestler and tick the Occasional wrestler box, then do then same in his contract then the mod will work.

Not sure that All Elite Wrestling should be No-Style Style. I think the closest thing in the products to AEW is Wrestling Nerd Vana, although I don't think some of the product penalties suit them.

I don't think any of the products perfectly fit AEW to be honest but i'd go Nerd Vana as its probably the closest.

Hey, I love that this database is going to continue and I will not only be getting TEW 2020 as soon as I can, I'll most likely be playing this database exclusively as my RW mod.

My initial plan is to do an NWA save and so my initial looks at the data are focused on this. Just as a heads up:

The Crockett Cup title isn't set to be contested at the Crockett Cup event.

Aldis isn't set as the leader of Strictly Business

Dave Marquez isn't on the roster

NWA and Fite TV don't have a deal but Fite is the carrier for their PPV deals

NWA Powerrr TV shows aren't numbered

I know these are really small things and I will likely change them in the editor myself. I get there are other, bigger parts of the mod to work on so if these aren't done they won't stop me downloading the mod! I'll likely look at IMPACT and a lot of UK stuff too because I'm based in the UK so anything I can do to help, let me know what is needed and I will try.

As a second question, YouTube Red is still in as a broadcaster but it's actually been replaced by YouTube Premium. Also, the criteria for that broadcaster is higher than YouTube despite, in real life, YouTube Premium can be turned on by anybody. Are you aiming to update YouTube Red to YouTube Premium and would you consider lowering the broadcaster standards to be in line with YouTube.

The reason I as is because I would like the option to simulate having a free show on YouTube but having the option to go to Premium if I need the cash.

Sorry for the wall of text! The mod is looking awesome so far.

Thanks for this! The first beta I put out was mostly focused on larger companies and was just to tide people over and give them a small glimpse of how the mod looks on 2020, so there's a lot of stuff like you mentioned that hadn't been converted properly. I'll be releasing an update soonish that's had a lot more work done on a larger amount of companies, NWA included.

Broadcasters are in line for a big overhaul that I haven't done a lot of work on yet but yeah, I will get YouTube updated

I wanted to start playing with this but it says it has critical errors with like 25 people having exclusive and non-exclusive contracts and Gronkowski can't hold WWE 24/7 so what is this? It doesn't work somehow.

The contracts issue will be because you're playing with an outdated version of the beta, that was fixed in patch 2 or 3 I believe. Gronk is set as a non-wrestler and that will flag an error but won't stop the game from starting. I figure he's done as far as actually wrestling matches goes but he'll be able to drop the title in an angle.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Questlove" data-cite="Questlove" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47535" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Thanks for this! The first beta I put out was mostly focused on larger companies and was just to tide people over and give them a small glimpse of how the mod looks on 2020, so there's a lot of stuff like you mentioned that hadn't been converted properly. I'll be releasing an update soonish that's had a lot more work done on a larger amount of companies, NWA included.<p> </p><p> Broadcasters are in line for a big overhaul that I haven't done a lot of work on yet but yeah, I will get YouTube updated.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> This sounds awesome. I suspected it would be this but I'm looking forward to this mod so much I think I will end up starting this as soon as the game is released!</p>