Community Modding Discussion Thread

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know who worked as an announcer for the UWA? I know they didn't have a regular TV slot in the mid-1980s so I'll take the early 1990s commentators if anyone knows them. The mods I've checked seem to use someone called Jorge Randosa but the only reference to him on Google is from this forum and seems to have come from DOTT.

1 hour ago, jhd1 said:

Does anyone know who worked as an announcer for the UWA? I know they didn't have a regular TV slot in the mid-1980s so I'll take the early 1990s commentators if anyone knows them. The mods I've checked seem to use someone called Jorge Randosa but the only reference to him on Google is from this forum and seems to have come from DOTT.

Alcatraz Was never really a full-time wrestler. Only became well-known due to the fact he was always pictured with stars thanks to his brother starting his own Lucha Libre magazine. Also well-known for hosting the weekly UWA television show that aired on Imevision. Lucha Wiki is where I found the information.

27 minutes ago, alvarasus said:

Alcatraz Was never really a full-time wrestler. Only became well-known due to the fact he was always pictured with stars thanks to his brother starting his own Lucha Libre magazine. Also well-known for hosting the weekly UWA television show that aired on Imevision. Lucha Wiki is where I found the information.

Thank you so much! I feel like I've read the bio of every announcer on LuchaWiki and must have missed that one! I've also identified from the images on his bio that Alfredo Ruiz worked alongside him so I'll go for those two,

Just now, jhd1 said:

Thank you so much! I feel like I've read the bio of every announcer on LuchaWiki and must have missed that one! I've also identified from the images on his bio that Alfredo Ruiz worked alongside him so I'll go for those two,

Principe Valiente also joined Alcatraz and Alfredo Ruíz at some point in the early-90s if you want to go with a trio.

8 hours ago, eric.keeley said:

Is there a historical mod out there that also includes future wrestlers entering the game.
i.e. a mod starting in the 70's that when you get into the future Triple H enters the game world.

Thank you in advance!

Mammoth's Territory Daze starts in 1970.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, alvarasus said:

Mammoth's Territory Daze starts in 1970.

Yes, but as your play forward are the new wrestlers entering the game world at all historically accurate?
I want to start something in the past, but as I play into year 10 for example, start to see an accurate representation of new workers entering the game world.
I know it would be a huge undertaking to create such a mod, but I know how much this community loves this game so I thought it might be out there somewwere! lol

1 hour ago, eric.keeley said:

Yes, but as your play forward are the new wrestlers entering the game world at all historically accurate?
I want to start something in the past, but as I play into year 10 for example, start to see an accurate representation of new workers entering the game world.
I know it would be a huge undertaking to create such a mod, but I know how much this community loves this game so I thought it might be out there somewwere! lol

There's over 1,000 yet to debut workers in my modification. You'll have real life superstars debuting from the 70s right up until now, with the likes of Adam Cole and Adam Page following the likes of Triple H, Steve Austin and The Rock - who themselves follow the likes of Bret Hart and Arn Anderson . It's by no way complete (this would be nigh on impossible) but they're all "historically accurate" to the best of my knowledge in so much as they debut at the time they debuted in real life and their statistics give them the room to become the superstars they are today. If you're still unsure, download it and have a look for yourself. 😛

2 minutes ago, Mammoth said:

There's over 1,000 yet to debut workers in my modification. You'll have real life superstars debuting from the 70s right up until now, with the likes of Adam Cole and Adam Page following the likes of Triple H, Steve Austin and The Rock - who themselves follow the likes of Bret Hart and Arn Anderson . It's by no way complete (this would be nigh on impossible) but they're all "historically accurate" to the best of my knowledge in so much as they debut at the time they debuted in real life and their statistics give them the room to become the superstars they are today. If you're still unsure, download it and have a look for yourself. 😛

This is glorious and you are my hero!
If you have a quick link to the download location, I would gladly take it, but I can also search around later for it to if you don't :)
I don't want to come across any needier than I already have 😂

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, eric.keeley said:

This is glorious and you are my hero!
If you have a quick link to the download location, I would gladly take it, but I can also search around later for it to if you don't :)
I don't want to come across any needier than I already have 😂

No worries. You'll find all the information you need and the download links here. Enjoy. :)

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/3/2023 at 9:23 PM, Midnight Quixote said:

I'm working on a fictional 1950s mod using AI image generation. Do you feel it would break immersion to have worker pics be 'colourised'? They're being generated in colour, so thus far I'm turning them black and white, but feel that may be redundant.

Which feels more era-appropriate?

Most photos from that era have since been recolourised anyway. Like, you'll find plenty of colourised photos of Rikidozan, for example, on Google. These are really cool tho, what program did you use?

24 minutes ago, Nerf said:

Most photos from that era have since been recolourised anyway. Like, you'll find plenty of colourised photos of Rikidozan, for example, on Google. These are really cool tho, what program did you use?

Thanks for the advice 🙂

I used neural.love, credit to arlovski for the idea - he's got lots more creations of his own in this thread 

1 hour ago, EricSpade said:

I'm curious how mod makers handle it when two workers use identical names, i.e. Asuka (Kana) in WWE and ASUKA (VENY) in Japan/Indies, or the Japanese AKIRA and the American AKIRA. What is the consensus on the best way to handle that?

From what I've seen, whoever has seniority gets first dibs (seniority = used the name first, or used it more famously), and the second person usually gets a period after their name: e.g. "Asuka" in WWE and "ASUKA." in Japan/indies, etc.

Not ideal for the second person, but it's probably the cleanest solution I've seen so far.

I maybe in the wrong game, but I_m pretty sure, that in the past there was a post around here, where most of the mods for the game were linked to as a kind of overwiew, what mods are out there for the game. Does anybody know, where I can find that post?

Could be, that it was for TEW 2016 or even an older one, than I'm totally off here, but thought, I ask anyway. Maybe someone can help or has another link to an overwiev with mods for TEW 2020. Would be helpfull.

2 hours ago, LostInWeb said:

I maybe in the wrong game, but I_m pretty sure, that in the past there was a post around here, where most of the mods for the game were linked to as a kind of overwiew, what mods are out there for the game. Does anybody know, where I can find that post?

Could be, that it was for TEW 2016 or even an older one, than I'm totally off here, but thought, I ask anyway. Maybe someone can help or has another link to an overwiev with mods for TEW 2020. Would be helpfull.

TEW2020 Download Index

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Question about narratives.

Does this mean that the worker in question will get a five point boost? For example, going from 20 to 25 in all of the mexican region? Just trying to make sure I understand this. 
Untitled.png.7b26e9ca1bb86c8f33ae012293b74344.png

Edited by WooItsNathan

6 hours ago, WooItsNathan said:

Question about narratives.

Does this mean that the worker in question will get a five point boost? For example, going from 20 to 25 in all of the mexican region? Just trying to make sure I understand this. 
Untitled.png.7b26e9ca1bb86c8f33ae012293b74344.png

No. The strength refers to how powerful the effect is, not how many exact points.

3 hours ago, Adam Ryland said:

No. The strength refers to how powerful the effect is, not how many exact points.

Ohhh! Is there a rough estimate to how many points the worker would get from 1-10? My goal with this specific case is just to give them a small little boost, but I'd like to know about the rest in general.