General Gameplay Questions Thread

Are weight/body type changes not stored as news stories anymore? I requested a ton of my wrestlers to get more muscular or bigger and I only noticed that they had started to go through by accidentally seeing that Juggernaut Jones was now ripped. Previously they were categorized as random incidents, but now I'm seeing that the news story might not even be there? I didn't even get an e-mail letting me know the change had happened.

In 2016, the notifications were really useful, because I would immediately see the worker flagged and be able to check what happened to their SQ/menace/athleticism/etc.

If the notifications are gone completely, please let me know!

I'd suggest you put that in the tech support forum. Might be a bug, and at least they'll tell you if it's working as intended.

<p>Not sure where to post this (is there a product discussion thread?), but what product would you guys recommend for WCW in 2001? I'm after a sports entertainment style with short matches, I'm thinking the same product as RAW in the C'Verse, but am open to suggestions if there's anything anyone thinks fits better?</p><p> </p><p>

I definitely don't want any product types that cap matches shorter than 15 minutes.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="D-Lyrium" data-cite="D-Lyrium" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>That note will just mean that the segment will count as part of the storyline even if it doesn't otherwise qualify. So yes, if you want to and don't care about the semantics or any potential momentum implications you could probably use this instead of distractions/run-ins.</div></blockquote><p> So as long as I do something that advances the story, I don't need to add the note?</p><p> </p><p> Also, on the two shows thing, if I'm using brands it means two shows of that brand, right? So if I had a storyline on Raw, I'm ok if I advance it every other Raw and ignore ir on Smackdown all together?</p>

<p>Does anyone know what the minimum number of matches a wrestler is required to have in a year to qualify for the Power 500? Also, is meeting this requirement binary, or will wrestlers be penalised on a scale depending on how many matches under the required number they wrestle?</p><p> </p><p>

Also, while I'm asking, the Power 500 is said to be, "based upon match ratings". Is this an average?</p><p> </p><p>

Any pointers in the right direction would be very much appreciated, please. Thanks in advance.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Mjones212" data-cite="Mjones212" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>So as long as I do something that advances the story, I don't need to add the note?<p> </p><p> Also, on the two shows thing, if I'm using brands it means two shows of that brand, right? So if I had a storyline on Raw, I'm ok if I advance it every other Raw and ignore ir on Smackdown all together?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yeah, if it would advance the storyline anyway there's no need for that note.</p><p> </p><p> An example of a good use of that note would be if you've got a worker who's doing a gauntlet to get a title shot (needs to beat X number of workers before he's allowed a shot at the champion). You might reasonably argue that each individual match would be part of the storyline but there's no need for the champion to be involved in each match and there's no need for every guy who is losing each match to be in the storyline, so the matches wouldn't normally count. If you use this note, they will.</p><p> </p><p> And yes, as far as I'm aware, storylines will acknowledge brands, so it won't count as a "missed" show if the workers aren't on that brand. B-shows, tour shows and 'throwaway' events also don't count as missed shows.</p>

Yeah, if it would advance the storyline anyway there's no need for that note.

An example of a good use of that note would be if you've got a worker who's doing a gauntlet to get a title shot (needs to beat X number of workers before he's allowed a shot at the champion). You might reasonably argue that each individual match would be part of the storyline but there's no need for the champion to be involved in each match and there's no need for every guy who is losing each match to be in the storyline, so the matches wouldn't normally count. If you use this note, they will.

And yes, as far as I'm aware, storylines will acknowledge brands, so it won't count as a "missed" show if the workers aren't on that brand. B-shows, tour shows and 'throwaway' events also don't count as missed shows.

Historically I've done that by adding people to the storyline, having the match, then removing them. This note is a nice time saver for that.

I've just spent an embarrassingly long time messing with house show loops because I wanted "authenticity". Ugh. So I thought rather than it be a complete waste, I'd post them here if others care enough to want the same thing as me, even though nobody has asked about it. I felt it didn't warrant an entire post in the forum.

They're in a logical order for visiting every region of each area without doing too much backtracking or travelling in the opposite direction. Yeah, I don't know what I filled my time with before the TEW demo either.

This might be helpful for people who aren't so familiar with geography of certain areas? I guess?

Canada:

(Straight east-to-west)

British Columbia

Alberta

Saskatchewan

Manitoba

Ontario

Quebec

The Maritimes

USA:

(Designed to pick up from where Canada left off: north east to south east, trying not to double-back on ourselves, then west)

New England

Tri-State

Mid Atlantic

Great Lakes (to avoid having to go back north later, might as well go west now)

Mid-West

South East

Puerto Rico

Mid-South

South West

Hawaii

North West

(Then start again in Canada if you're going to Mexico after the US, I guess just reverse the last two).

Mexico:

(Starting from the north west to pick up from the US loop, then heading southeast)

Noroccidente

Noreste

Centro

Occidente

Sur

Sureste

Japan:

(A nice straight-forward north-to-south)

Hokkaido

Tohoku

Kanto

Chubu

Kansai

Chugoku

Shikoku

Kyushu

Australia:

(This is easier, going around clockwise from the west)

Western Australia

Northern Territory

Queensland

New South Wales

Victoria

Tasmania

New Zealand (tricky to place, but this makes SOME kind of sense. Either here, or at the end. Edit: I've been reliably informed that after NSW makes more sense).

South Australia (this would make more sense without pesky New Zealand in the way)

Europe:

(Vaguely clockwise-ish from the east)

Iberia

Western Europe

Scandinavia

Russia

Eastern Europe

Southern Europe

Central Europe

Southern Mediterranean

Let me explain. Iberia>Western Europe is an obvious start. From there, you could feasibly go to north into Scandinavia or south/east into Central Europe. I chose Scandinavia. Once you're in Scandinavia, it makes a lot more sense to go into Russia than anywhere else, because you're right next to it and it's a nice clean clockwise move. Once you're in Russia, you pretty much have to go Eastern Europe next as there are no other borders. From there you could argue going south into Southern Med (using the Greece/Turkey part of the region), and then from Italy which is still Southern Med up through to Southern and Central Europe, but that means you're finishing your loop right slap bang in the middle of the continent. My way, you're finishing right at the bottom, and a relatively short trip through France away from where you started.

It seems weird going from places called Eastern > Southern > Central > Southern, but if you look at a map, it makes a lot of sense. "Southern Europe" is kind of like... "south eastern Europe except Greece and Turkey, and is Turkey even really Europe? Who knows at this point?". And Central Europe is massive, so it's cheating.

Yes, I overthought this a lot.

British Isles:

(North to South. Ish. Ireland is tricky)

Ireland

Scotland

Northern England

Midlands

Southern England

Wales

Wales could easily go before or after the Midlands, too, but I like saving the best for last. Plus, much easier to get to Ireland from Wales than from Southern England unless you count Bristol Airport (or any of the London airports I guess but shh, nobody flies in this scenario, we're driving. It's called "on the road" for a reason). Ferries are nicer.

India:

(I'm gonna go out on a limb and suggest this can be worked out by most people... but for completeness...)

Northern India

Central India

Southern India

Comedy in Stoner Hardcore

Product is Stoner Hardcore which requires at least one comedy match. Then when I have one, I get the note:

"This type of match was a very poor choice for this audience."

If its intended to limit the ratings of a comedy match in this product, I think the wording should change to "This match is limited in ratings based on your product."

Or am I interpretting the note wrong?

I've just spent an embarrassingly long time messing with house show loops because I wanted "authenticity". Ugh. So I thought rather than it be a complete waste, I'd post them here if others care enough to want the same thing as me, even though nobody has asked about it. I felt it didn't warrant an entire post in the forum.

Great post! Disagree with that last sentence, though, totally warrants its own thread IMO. (Especially with Wales as you saved the best til last.)

Europe:

Southern Europe

Southern Mediterranean

Let me explain. Iberia>Western Europe is an obvious start. From there, you could feasibly go to north into Scandinavia or south/east into Central Europe. I chose Scandinavia. Once you're in Scandinavia, it makes a lot more sense to go into Russia than anywhere else, because you're right next to it and it's a nice clean clockwise move. Once you're in Russia, you pretty much have to go Eastern Europe next as there are no other borders. From there you could argue going south into Southern Med (using the Greece/Turkey part of the region), and then from Italy which is still Southern Med up through to Southern and Central Europe, but that means you're finishing your loop right slap bang in the middle of the continent. My way, you're finishing right at the bottom, and a relatively short trip through France away from where you started.

It seems weird going from places called Eastern > Southern > Central > Southern, but if you look at a map, it makes a lot of sense. "Southern Europe" is kind of like... "south eastern Europe except Greece and Turkey, and is Turkey even really Europe? Who knows at this point?". And Central Europe is massive, so it's cheating.

I'm gonna add to ya overthinking process a little... maybe.

Italy and Greece... 2 southern European nations on the north coast of the Mediterranean are referred to as southern Mediterranean in-game while the south coast of the Mediterranean would actually be North Africa.

Makes me wonder where Monaco is. Would it be Western Europe since it's surrounded by France?

Or since it's on the Mediterranean and less than 10 miles from Italy would it be (North Coast of Mediterranean) Southern Mediterranean?

Very viable game play question since I have a company based in Monte Carlo.

From what I understand:

1) If you are playing as a child company, you can sign people no matter what

2) If a child company isn't set to accept developmental workers, they can sign their own workers, but if they are, they can only get workers from their parent signing them

Following on from this, im in scenario 2 of that. I own USPW (pre game editor to test), only have the owner box ticked nothing else. In game i've released the majority of their roster but they aren't signing anybody???

Could this be a bug? Or is there something wrong with my game?

Following on from this, im in scenario 2 of that. I own USPW (pre game editor to test), only have the owner box ticked nothing else. In game i've released the majority of their roster but they aren't signing anybody???

Just to be clear, do you have them set to "accept development workers"?

If so, they will not hire anyone.

If not, then the AI doesn't normally just immediately start hiring anyone, it could just be not enough time has passed.

Possibly child companies have a lower roster size when run by AI?

I signed Pablo Rodriguez to TCW and noticed he got a road agent note in his first segment that said "Pablo Rodriguez benefitted from being the flavour of the month"

First off, these spellings makes it clear that this game was written by a British person lol

Secondly does this note have to do with him holding the COTT Title or from being a new signing making his debut?

Possibly child companies have a lower roster size when run by AI?

I've released every active wrestler from their roster except for 5, they should be hiring someone.

Just to be clear, do you have them set to "accept development workers"?

If so, they will not hire anyone.

If not, then the AI doesn't normally just immediately start hiring anyone, it could just be not enough time has passed.

Nope, the only box ticked is SWF owns USPW, and it shows the same in relationships. Played till end of demo time and they havent hired anybody, havent even had the news ticker of them looking to hire.

I signed Pablo Rodriguez to TCW and noticed he got a road agent note in his first segment that said "Pablo Rodriguez benefitted from being the flavour of the month"

First off, these spellings makes it clear that this game was written by a British person lol

Secondly does this note have to do with him holding the COTT Title or from being a new signing making his debut?

It's an attribute that a worker can get randomly (or in this case he starts with it). Lasts 1-3 months and gives a small boost to all segments.

Australia:

(This is easier, going around clockwise from the west)

Western Australia

Northern Territory

Queensland

New South Wales

Victoria

Tasmania

New Zealand (tricky to place, but this makes SOME kind of sense. Either here, or at the end)

South Australia (this would make more sense without pesky New Zealand in the way)

I would do Oz this way.

Western Australia

Northern Territory

Queensland

New South Wales

New Zealand

Tasmania

Victoria

South Australia

Pretty straight loop and you're not skipping over anywhere to go elsewhere

Italy and Greece... 2 southern European nations on the north coast of the Mediterranean are referred to as southern Mediterranean in-game while the south coast of the Mediterranean would actually be North Africa.

Thinking further on this...

You could move all the Southern Mediterranean locations to Southern Europe and they still be accurate and then add in locations from Israel, Egypt, Libya, Tripoli, Malta and Algeria to replace them.

Well, either British, or from the other 95% of the world who spell flavour correctly.

I would do Oz this way.

Western Australia

Northern Territory

Queensland

New South Wales

New Zealand

Tasmania

Victoria

South Australia

Pretty straight loop and you're not skipping over anywhere to go elsewhere

Yep, that's how I'd do it too. Or New South Wales -> New Zealand -> Victoria, although I think yours is slightly better.