General Gameplay Questions Thread

<p>The performance vs popularity match rating seems to have a scale now, like from 60:40 to 40:60. I'm just wondering how that works.</p><p> </p><p>

If you book a match between two workrate guys with minimal pop the game will automatically rate it heavier on performance and if you book a match between two high pop guys with mediocre in-ring skills it will rate it heavier on popularity?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="hyretic" data-cite="hyretic" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The performance vs popularity match rating seems to have a scale now, like from 60:40 to 40:60. I'm just wondering how that works.<p> </p><p> If you book a match between two workrate guys with minimal pop the game will automatically rate it heavier on performance and if you book a match between two high pop guys with mediocre in-ring skills it will rate it heavier on popularity?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yes. The one thing I don't know is what happens if you put one popular guy against one good in-ring guy.</p>

Why does the Lucky Dip not allow us to cancel if we don't like what we've gotten? I am assuming this was fixed in one of the patches but it's dumb we don't have an option to make our own options if we want to.

If you just close out from the avatar select screen and reload you can reroll the lucky dip, but the whole purpose is that it's a gamble hence why they are locked in after you choose it. .

If you just close out from the avatar select screen and reload you can reroll the lucky dip, but the whole purpose is that it's a gamble hence why they are locked in after you choose it. .

And that would be fine if they were reasonable. having like 4 categories below 3 in red and 2 with decent numbers is devaluing and sets you up to fail.

I just wish there were an option to just add the amount you want at the start.

The *entire* point of lucky dip is that you get potentially more points than usual overall but no control over where you spend them.

If you want control over how you spend your points, don't use lucky dip.

Giving you more points AND control over where you spend them would be dumb as hell and make all the other presets entirely pointless.

I'm not sure I understand your question.

If the contract you offered and to which he signed specified that you wanted him to work exclusively as an on-screen personality, he will only work in that role for your company. That's been the case with previous games as well.

If you go and ask him to, say, wrestle in a deathmatch, he'll say "no, I'm only signed to be an on-screen personality".

His status as an active wrestler within the game world hasn't changed (at least not yet, and if it does it'll be his decision). So if the contract is about to end and is in the negotiation window period, or it's just a handshake deal, or not iron clad, then he's free to sign with another company offering him a contract to be an in-ring worker.

I think you need to re-read my post, what happened is the OPPOSITE of what you said.

I signed the guy as “exclusively a personality” and once he was on my roster I looked and he was only selected as a wrestler. I then had to talk to him to convince him to become a personality.

That doesn’t seem at all like it’s working like it should. Still, we’re multiple patches later now and maybe this issue is fixed.

Yes I ran that show using Beta #9

Yes, but which patch did you START the game with?

There was a pretty serious (in my opinion) issue with the momentum system that was fixed about Patch #6 or #7 which affected starting momentum. Any games started before this fix will have issues.

I’ve played the same game now pre and post this fix to momentum and there’s a stark difference with three out of five of my Major Stars dropping to Star that don’t happen second time around.

The performance vs popularity match rating seems to have a scale now, like from 60:40 to 40:60. I'm just wondering how that works.

If you book a match between two workrate guys with minimal pop the game will automatically rate it heavier on performance and if you book a match between two high pop guys with mediocre in-ring skills it will rate it heavier on popularity?

The way I understand it, each match will have two scores (one weighted 60:40 and the other 40:60) and the highest one will be selected.

Why does the Lucky Dip not allow us to cancel if we don't like what we've gotten? I am assuming this was fixed in one of the patches but it's dumb we don't have an option to make our own options if we want to.

My advice is to keep starting a new game and doing the lucky dip until you get results you like. Once you do, select your avatar but DON'T select a promotion yet. From the promotion select screen, back out to the main menu. Go to the load your game and copy it as a template game that you can just copy with those stats every time you want to kick off a new save. It's what I always did in WMMA and it still works here :D

I feel like the answer is definitely "Yes" but: If, say, Sammy Bach comes to you and says "I'm willing to put over T-Bone Bright" and it's an offer of 3 matches, will T-Bone defeating Sammy result in the same loss of overness one would usually expect when someone at 51 POP pins someone around 75? It's gracious of Sammy and all but I feel like giving T-Bone three wins over him would tank Sammy's popularity unless the penalties are somewhat negated by the promise, which I don't think would be the case?

My advice is to keep starting a new game and doing the lucky dip until you get results you like. Once you do, select your avatar but DON'T select a promotion yet. From the promotion select screen, back out to the main menu. Go to the load your game and copy it as a template game that you can just copy with those stats every time you want to kick off a new save. It's what I always did in WMMA and it still works here :D

This is not very good advice. Your economy and industry would remain the same every save, as well as, I'm assuming, all destiny rolls and possible chemistry.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="The Nickman" data-cite="The Nickman" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The way I understand it, each match will have two scores (one weighted 60:40 and the other 40:60) and the highest one will be selected.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Given the wording (<em>between</em> 60:40 and 40:60) I assumed 50:50 would also be possible. Did Adam say somewhere it was either/or?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BrokenCycle" data-cite="BrokenCycle" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>This is not very good advice. Your economy and industry would remain the same every save, as well as, I'm assuming, all destiny rolls and possible chemistry.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Ah, that's a consequence I hadn't considered. I'll be stopping that then, thanks!</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="hyretic" data-cite="hyretic" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Given the wording (<em>between</em> 60:40 and 40:60) I assumed 50:50 would also be possible. Did Adam say somewhere it was either/or?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Practically speaking, wouldn't it always be one or the other? With only two things to base it on, one of the extremes will always be the best way to do it. Am I missing something?</p>