General Gameplay Questions Thread

I'm wondering why this is happening on my A shows? Both performers giving 70+ performances but 46 overall. Both popular with high momentum too. I'm also using good refs and agents, but I don't understand why the overall dropoff is so drastic? It doesn't seem to be affecting B show since those are being calculated relatively normally.

This is possibly a really dumb question, but your announcer hasn't suddenly left/died, have they? Just asking because huge announcer penalties is one of the few things I could think of that could lower stuff THAT much.

Assuming it's not that, perhaps switch dirt sheet on for a show to see what it says?

This is possibly a really dumb question, but your announcer hasn't suddenly left/died, have they? Just asking because huge announcer penalties is one of the few things I could think of that could lower stuff THAT much.

Assuming it's not that, perhaps switch dirt sheet on for a show to see what it says?

Hahah no no, my announce team is pretty solid and alive, and this is just something that started happening in my last two booked shows. The dirtsheet thing is a good call though, at this point it seems anything that can identify what's happening is helpful.

Hahah no no, my announce team is pretty solid and alive, and this is just something that started happening in my last two booked shows. The dirtsheet thing is a good call though, at this point it seems anything that can identify what's happening is helpful.

I thought you'd have noticed, but I couldn't think of anything else it could be so figured I'd just ask. Will be intrigued to see how the dirt sheet goes!

I don't think that it is purely aesthetic - the handbook says (under Attendance Levels) that company momentum affects show attendance. This could indirectly affect popularity gains as (also per the handbook) you get boosted growth with more viewers, but I agree with you that it's probably not relevant in the situation you're quoting.

Under the companies section it's states, it's purely a visual measure of the companies current direction,(quoting). . Could be a mistake I suppose, but I was just going by what the handbook said there. And based on the way bonuses for viewership is calculated I really don't think it would make a huge difference one way or another, you aren't gonna be negatively affected by not getting the bonus and I imagine it's much more beneficial for larger companies as you only start getting it at 5000+ viewers, at which point it the bonus grows with popularity up to 1 Million, again that's at least from the section i saw on the topic. . .

How are you running storylines, strict or no? Could be if they are both popular enough but not in an associated in a storyline that could be causing it?

Shouldn’t an Announcer penalty appear as red text on the show page though? I can’t see any red text to indicate such a drop in score, which is why I assumed Road Agent notes

I’m actually a bit stumped on this one

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Bikemelon" data-cite="Bikemelon" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Hahah no no, my announce team is pretty solid and alive, and this is just something that started happening in my last two booked shows. The dirtsheet thing is a good call though, at this point it seems anything that can identify what's happening is helpful.</div></blockquote><p> Probably something you already considered, but it's not a face/face or heel/heel match?</p><p> </p><p> Anyway, while I'm here, does anyone know how to set home arenas? I got a small ECW style company which I built a venue for but I just can't work out how to set it as my go to venue. Obviously, I can do it for events but can I not do it for TV as well?</p>

<p>What exactly is the advantage of storylines? I recently found out that the success of a worker in a storyline (fairly good, very good or great) is only cosmetic.</p><p> </p><p>

So...if I have 2 workers and let them work a couple of angles and matches together. Would it matter in terms of popularity gains if they are in a storyline or not?</p><p> </p><p>

Does coming out successful or defeated in angles actually means anything (popularity-wise) or is only the rating of the segment important for popularity?</p><p> </p><p>

Another question related to that: Is there any disadvantage of turning "strict storylines" off? I'm thinking about turning that off because I am annoyed by getting punished for no associated storyline. But I read another post that says that this will lower popularity gains of workers because they will not gain anything from stories.</p>

<p>A hot storyline will give a bonus to the segments involved, which in turn will raise the segment rating (and thus the associated popularity gain).</p><p> </p><p>

Turning off strict storylines I don't think has any effect on the bonuses you get, but it's worth noting that the penalty for not being attached to a storyline is based on your product, it isn't universal.</p>

Child Company

Sorry if this has been asked but i decided to create a child company. Its been a few weeks and they haven't hired anyone. Will they eventually hire workers or is that something i have to do and overlooked it? Have a booker and ceo hired. Thanks!

What exactly makes a storyline lose heat? Is it just a low quality segment?

it also needs to be advanced by getting the same grade or higher with every story segment, also, if you go 2 weeks without advancing, you get a BIG hit.

BUT, that was on 2016, I'm not sure the penalty is as big now

Sorry if this has been asked but i decided to create a child company. Its been a few weeks and they haven't hired anyone. Will they eventually hire workers or is that something i have to do and overlooked it? Have a booker and ceo hired. Thanks!

So in this game you can either have a developmental company that you fully staff (meaning workers, announcers, road agents refs, etc) in order for it to run shows or you can have it run itself completely. You can not (to my knowledge) have it do a combination of the two like previous games in the series.

Any child company you make will automatically behave as a developmental company, meaning it'll expect you to send it all it's workers. If you wish to have it run itself, you can go to company relationships and cancel the deal to accept developmental workers. From that point on it will only hire it's own workers and you can no longer send workers you hire there on developmental deals.

While you can only "borrow" workers for the night from developmental companies, you can actually still "call up" whatever workers your "independent" child companies sign to be permanent members of your roster. You'll just be taking them at whatever deal your child company signed them to (usually a handshake deal). You would then have to negotiate with the worker if you want them to a written deal. You can also send the workers these companies sign to your performance centers.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="nagadude" data-cite="nagadude" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="alightfantastic" data-cite="alightfantastic" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>What exactly makes a storyline lose heat? Is it just a low quality segment?<p> </p><p> it also needs to be advanced by getting the same grade or higher with every story segment, also, if you go 2 weeks without advancing, you get a BIG hit.</p><p> BUT, that was on 2016, I'm not sure the penalty is as big now</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> That seems like a crazy burden. If it's rating was 70 I need to keep making future angles escalate higher and higher??</p></div></blockquote>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="alightfantastic" data-cite="alightfantastic" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="nagadude" data-cite="nagadude" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> </p><p> That seems like a crazy burden. If it's rating was 70 I need to keep making future angles escalate higher and higher??</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> To <em>raise</em> the heat, yes. It'll naturally drop after you've hit your maximum due to not being raised, but then you can bounce it back up to that maximum again.</p><p> </p><p> Buh. Finally finished this topic. Now to the small questions thread.</p></div></blockquote>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="alightfantastic" data-cite="alightfantastic" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>What exactly makes a storyline lose heat? Is it just a low quality segment?<p> </p><p> Also is the enforcement of face/heel divide mainly for the AI booking and not necessarily for me, a human player.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> A storyline will lose heat if:</p><p> - The segment quality is substantially lower than the current heat.</p><p> - The storyline is not advanced at all for two shows in a row.</p><p> - Nothing major happens for five shows in a row (this is what other posters were talking about, whereby you get a penalty if the heat doesn't change at all).</p><p> - More than three Major participants are in a storyline and are booked on a show without advancing it (ie, if you have Rock vs. Austin vs. Triple H, and they're all on a show, but in different matches/segments and don't advance their own storyline, their storyline will take a hit because it seems like you've forgotten about it).</p><p> </p><p> Face/Heel divide is not entirely for the AI. You'll get a penalty for Face vs. Face matches, and a bigger one for Heel vs. Heel. The size of the penalty is bigger for a stricter divide.</p>

Quick Question. In older games if you had a person on loan and the loan expired their titles became vacated(If they held any). Now i'm i just crazy or did Adam write something about this not being the case for TEW 2020. That you had to vacate the title yourself basically which gives the opportunity to bring the worker back at a later date to defend the title again.

Is this the case or did i just totally make it up in my head? :)

Face/Heel divide is not entirely for the AI. You'll get a penalty for Face vs. Face matches, and a bigger one for Heel vs. Heel. The size of the penalty is bigger for a stricter divide.

But if I didn't enforce it does that mean, mechanically, the game wont' see the face/heel or just it makes it entirely 'fluff' and solely for my role playing benefit? Aside from penalties, is there any bonus/advantage for me having the enforcement?

Anyone notice that the auto-booker doesn't use your User Character as much in matches in 1.08/1.09? I picked a wrestler as my avatar and now he barely gets used in matches and if he does it is low on the card. He's probably the second most over worker in my company.

But if I didn't enforce it does that mean, mechanically, the game wont' see the face/heel or just it makes it entirely 'fluff' and solely for my role playing benefit? Aside from penalties, is there any bonus/advantage for me having the enforcement?

If you have face/heel penalties set to strictly enforced there will be a penalty for face/face and heel/heel matches.

Does anybody know the impact pre-show angles & matches have on workers' pop & momentum? I have a lot of unknown young workers, but don't have a developmental company to send them to.

Not sure about momentum, but as far as pop, it will have a minor impact in the region where your event is taking place.

You can still get momentum bonuses for turns. I’d think of it in the way NJPW books currently. They have everyone face everyone, but there are still faces and heels, and big turns still happen despite the divide not being enforced at all. I believe it still governs merch too, which would penalize heels for the most part.