General Gameplay Questions Thread

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="HarmonyOfDissonance" data-cite="HarmonyOfDissonance" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>So my promotions 'big event' is a two-shot called the All-Star Weekend, however, I have noticed that attendance is essentially sliced in half for these events, presumably because I'm running two right after each other. Is there a way to negate this? Would I need to record one? Or maybe playing around with the show importance would work?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Bumping this as it was towards the bottom of a page a few pages ago and may have just been missed.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="chm39" data-cite="chm39" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>This sounds a lot like a Thread I saw on here about crowd Management. It had picture but the never understood how hot the Crowd could get before burning out.<p> </p><p> So the there are only 2 levels right, How long can they stay at Level 2?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I think more or less indefinitely. The burn out mechanic is separate and starts to apply if you make the crowd sit through more than 3 hours of stuff at a time.</p><p> </p><p> I've seen people on here say something bad happens if you run Steal the Show twice in a row, but that's never been something I wanted to do or thought sounded like a good idea, so I don't actually know what happens. I do know a card along the lines of the following doesn't have any problems, short of only having one optimal opportunity (second segment) to run a Masterclass/Spectacle type match if desired.</p><p> - Steal the Show (Main Event)</p><p> - Angle</p><p> - Regular/Storytelling Match</p><p> - Angle</p><p> - Steal the Show</p><p> - Angle</p><p> - Regular/Storytelling Match</p><p> - Angle</p>

From an already started game, I can't work-out how/where to set a retired wrestler active again? I've gone into in-game editor in options tab, and set it to the 'wrestler' tickbox, but it still says retired wrestler on the wrestler's page.

Do we know yet what goes into determining a single worker's "in-ring performance" rating during a show? That seems to be the main thing holding back my card average, people are just turning in mid-60 performances creating mid-60 matches unless they're my top guys.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="ksdixon" data-cite="ksdixon" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>From an already started game, I can't work-out how/where to set a retired wrestler active again? I've gone into in-game editor in options tab, and set it to the 'wrestler' tickbox, but it still says retired wrestler on the wrestler's page.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> check under their status in the editor. It should be active or occasional but is probably set to retired.</p>

Not a question, but a funny incident.

In my Backstage Incidents during an event one of my tag teams just offered to put themselves over.

(The screen showed pictures of the two, but explicitly said "Los Brujos Infernale" to put over "Los Brujos Infernale".)

The bug didn't appear in my "promise" section and doesn't hurt. But it's a funny imagination. - Maybe I should test the two for drugs?!

Not a question, but a funny incident.

In my Backstage Incidents during an event one of my tag teams just offered to put themselves over.

(The screen showed pictures of the two, but explicitly said "Los Brujos Infernale" to put over "Los Brujos Infernale".)

The bug didn't appear in my "promise" section and doesn't hurt. But it's a funny imagination. - Maybe I should test the two for drugs?!

Or concussions

I think I have what might be a bug, but I want to bring it here first.

I have a multi-level developmental setup. I have two companies in two regions. I have built a venue in each region that I intended for those companies to use as their own to help keep costs down.

In their schedule I have set them up to both have weekly events and set the fixed area to the proper region, and the fixed venue to my owned venues in those regions.

The companies continue to run events in other venues, though.

Anyone know why this is happening? The venues are both set up for 5,000 capacity (I use them when I tape my B shows every 3 weeks) and they are both drawing between 1,000 and 1,500 a show. Is it because the AI isn't expecting 5,000?

Even if they're not expecting 5,000 I still want them to run those buildings because it should be at a discounted cost, which helps me at the end of the month.

I'm curious about the "lucha de apuesta" stipulation... has anyone booked it yet? Do you have the option for the luchador to unmask after they lose the match, I already talked to the worker and they said they were willing to unmask if it was lucha de apuesta or they received a bonus.

I just don't want to run the match, then have everyone annoyed he didn't unmask after losing the match...

Thanks! 😊

I'm curious about the "lucha de apuesta" stipulation... has anyone booked it yet? Do you have the option for the luchador to unmask after they lose the match, I already talked to the worker and they said they were willing to unmask if it was lucha de apuesta or they received a bonus.

I just don't want to run the match, then have everyone annoyed he didn't unmask after losing the match...

Thanks!

All the time. ;)

You have to set the "Lucha Apuesta" and "Unmask" notes inside your RoadAgent section during a match. If a worker agreed before in "Talking", you should be fine.

It's not very expensive either. I usually paid $6,000 to $12,500.

The fans will only be disappointed when you forget to add a mask OR hair loss. When you prebook you can only set Apuesta, which creates the danger to forget the actual loss the show day.

Finally, if you like the gimmick, you can do it very often with hair losses. Most male workers have no problem with it (if they have any hair), it costs the same and you don't need to sacrifice a mask, that takes years to build rep, permanently. ;)

All the time. ;)

You have to set the "Lucha Apuesta" and "Unmask" notes inside your RoadAgent section during a match. If a worker agreed before in "Talking", you should be fine.

It's not very expensive either. I usually paid $6,000 to $12,500.

The fans will only be disappointed when you forget to add a mask OR hair loss. When you prebook you can only set Apuesta, which creates the danger to forget the actual loss the show day.

Finally, if you like the gimmick, you can do it very often with hair losses. Most male workers have no problem with it (if they have any hair), it costs the same and you don't need to sacrifice a mask, that takes years to build rep, permanently. ;)

Thank you!

Know this will have been asked and answered before so apologies for re-asking but I'm a bit of a newbie!

I'm putting on 2 1/2 - 3hr shows. Whatever I do, the main event always has a note that the crowd is burned out. I've booked 'calm the crowd' matches before it - sometimes even to the extent that I'll have the following structure:

Calm

Reg match

Calm

Reg match

Calm

Main Event

Even with 3 calms in the preceding 5 matches I cannot stop the crowd from being burned out. Is there any way at all to mitigate this or is it simply that anything over 2 hours is inevitably going to result in burnout?

Appreciate any help, sorry for repeating a question!

Know this will have been asked and answered before so apologies for re-asking but I'm a bit of a newbie!

I'm putting on 2 1/2 - 3hr shows. Whatever I do, the main event always has a note that the crowd is burned out. I've booked 'calm the crowd' matches before it - sometimes even to the extent that I'll have the following structure:

Calm

Reg match

Calm

Reg match

Calm

Main Event

Even with 3 calms in the preceding 5 matches I cannot stop the crowd from being burned out. Is there any way at all to mitigate this or is it simply that anything over 2 hours is inevitably going to result in burnout?

Appreciate any help, sorry for repeating a question!

Burn out has its own section in the handbook. In short, the cut off is 3 hours, but it counts pre/post-show time and any shows you run in the same day add up.

Is there any possibility to rehire a worker that was fired a couple of months ago? In the former TEW Versions ot took six months and then you could hire the worker back if he doesn't have a negative relationship with you.

In TEW 2020 I fired a worker (PPA - ongoing contract) in March and try to hire him back in October - but I get the following answer: ".... has rejected your negotiations because he isn't interested in returning to..."

Any way to change that?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="LloydCross" data-cite="LloydCross" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Burn out has its own section in the handbook. In short, the cut off is 3 hours, but it counts pre/post-show time and any shows you run in the same day add up.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thank you!</p>

How does the game determine which matches are important? I'm booking matches that are a team of a Major Star and a few Stars against a team of unimportants who have never won a match. Gave them 10 minutes at first since that's what I always did in TEW 16, just want to get the young guys in the ring to help them grow. However, this year it's saying that "the match was too short for a match that fans consider important"

So I decided to bump it up, seeing where this goes. I put it at 15 minutes and still got the message. Then later in the same show, I had a tag title match in the midcard featuring a team of Major Stars vs. a team of Well Known. This was given 17 minutes, which is not a short amount of time for a midcard match, yet I got the message that the fans thought it was too short for a match the fans consider important! I feel like that note shouldn't be existing for midcard matches unless it's somehow Major Star vs. Major Star in a singles. It's a silly note in it's current implementation.

How does the game determine which matches are important? I'm booking matches that are a team of a Major Star and a few Stars against a team of unimportants who have never won a match. Gave them 10 minutes at first since that's what I always did in TEW 16, just want to get the young guys in the ring to help them grow. However, this year it's saying that "the match was too short for a match that fans consider important"

So I decided to bump it up, seeing where this goes. I put it at 15 minutes and still got the message. Then later in the same show, I had a tag title match in the midcard featuring a team of Major Stars vs. a team of Well Known. This was given 17 minutes, which is not a short amount of time for a midcard match, yet I got the message that the fans thought it was too short for a match the fans consider important! I feel like that note shouldn't be existing for midcard matches unless it's somehow Major Star vs. Major Star in a singles. It's a silly note in it's current implementation.

It will usually depend on your product. Some products do not want matches longer than 15 minutes, and will sag your ratings. Other products do not want matches shorter than 5 minutes, shorter than 10, shorter than 15, shorter than 20. So your individual product will determine how long a match must be.

What matches matter? Someone, correct me if I am wrong!

1. Any match featuring a "Major Star" vs "Star" or higher. If you don't have any Stars or Major Stars, it would be the most important you do have.

2. Any main event match, title match, top storyline match.

On your product screen, SCROLL DOWN all the way. Sometimes, the list isn't big enough for all the things a product does to you. And I have had to change products to be allowed to perform matches longer than 15 minutes.

I'm currently trying my luck with a tiny promotion in Europe and just reached "Small" size. - However, I don't get any broadcaster because my popularity is limited to Central Europe. [and all broadcasters expect pop in multiple regions]

What can I do, except creating my own Broadcasting Network?

I'm currently trying my luck with a tiny promotion in Europe and just reached "Small" size. - However, I don't get any broadcaster because my popularity is limited to Central Europe. [and all broadcasters expect pop in multiple regions]

What can I do, except creating my own Broadcasting Network?

Run shows in other regions of Europe or wait for the spillover popularity to raise you very slowly.

What pros/cons are there to choosing the 'generic venue' option when booking your venue?

I'm often left deciding if I want to book an arena below my expected attendance to ensure I have a sell out or booking a bigger place that will increase costs and have some empty seats.

Does 'generic venue' ensure that you will have a sell out with the maximum amount of fans? Does it cost more?

Any advice on this would be appreciated!