General Gameplay Questions Thread

<p>Is there anyway of ending a loan of one of your workers with another company?</p><p> </p><p>

I'm running AEW and Pentagon Jr is available on loan to AAA. Unfortunately they are booking him way too much and he keeps being fatigued for my shows.</p><p> </p><p>

As he is on an Exclusive Written contract with me, surely I should be able to terminate the loan agreement at any time? Is there a way to do this? I've had a look and can't find anything.</p><p> </p><p>

I was hoping the loan would eventually end like Moxley's with NJPW did but it hasn't. Any help is appreciated - thanks!</p>

That would be my choice, too. The only exception are companies who produce loyal/true born recruits. With that concept a dojo may pay off. - There is a setting, that sounds like if you can bring loyal/true born into your product. Maybe that could help you? Actually sounds like a cool concept.

I don't know if your dojo can be set up for LW only. I don't see that option anywhere. But weights could (!) be connect to the parent companies weight limits. I doubt it, though.

A Performance Center is nice, but VERY expensive and helps you to train only 14 wrestlers. Plus, it doesn't change your problem, that key workers are stolen from you. ;)

Yeah, the main issue is my not having roster depth IF I get too many people poached. It's not a problem so far...and I've done a nice job building some guys, but I'm finding the last couple guys I've attempted to push to build them up just aren't taking...and if that continues, and I lose 2-3 more top guys I could be a little thin. I was able to sign a 'toxic' Wolf Hawkins and got him to drop weight after he'd been out of wrestling for a year and a half...but he's going to take a little bit of work to rehab...but I got him for super cheap so that solves an issue for now. Thanks for the feedback...if the money continues to roll in I might set up a Dojo just to see...and maybe look more into the whole True Born stuff. I know a few guys I've tried to sign to long term deals wouldn't do it cause they were loyal to their birth promotion, so that's something to consider for the long term...

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="DrRDuke" data-cite="DrRDuke" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Yeah, the main issue is my not having roster depth IF I get too many people poached. It's not a problem so far...and I've done a nice job building some guys, but I'm finding the last couple guys I've attempted to push to build them up just aren't taking...and if that continues, and I lose 2-3 more top guys I could be a little thin. I was able to sign a 'toxic' Wolf Hawkins and got him to drop weight after he'd been out of wrestling for a year and a half...but he's going to take a little bit of work to rehab...but I got him for super cheap so that solves an issue for now. Thanks for the feedback...if the money continues to roll in I might set up a Dojo just to see...and maybe look more into the whole True Born stuff. I know a few guys I've tried to sign to long term deals wouldn't do it cause they were loyal to their birth promotion, so that's something to consider for the long term...</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I think the more expensive Dojos just start the workers off with more popularity. That’s been my experience anyway. I’ve had the cheapest dojo and the more expensive kind and they both seemed to produce similar results in the way of skills, the only difference was the more expensive one would be more popularity. My humble advice would be to get a cheap developmental and hire a bunch of young wrestlers, even if they suck. You can set the developmental to where they’re wrestling every week which should raise their skills while you don’t have to babysit them. That’s what I did anyway, and I got better results than when I had the dojo. I had them all under Written Exclusive deals so people couldn’t steal them when I was ready to use them. Or, you could try and see if a lesser company would be interested in taking your developmental wrestlers. You would have to form a friendly alliance with them, but if successful you won’t have to purchase your own developmental and you could call up your wrestlers any time you wanted. Just my 2 cents anyway.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="drock31681" data-cite="drock31681" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I think the more expensive Dojos just start the workers off with more popularity. That’s been my experience anyway. I’ve had the cheapest dojo and the more expensive kind and they both seemed to produce similar results in the way of skills, the only difference was the more expensive one would be more popularity. My humble advice would be to get a cheap developmental and hire a bunch of young wrestlers, even if they suck. You can set the developmental to where they’re wrestling every week which should raise their skills while you don’t have to babysit them. That’s what I did anyway, and I got better results than when I had the dojo. I had them all under Written Exclusive deals so people couldn’t steal them when I was ready to use them. Or, you could try and see if a lesser company would be interested in taking your developmental wrestlers. You would have to form a friendly alliance with them, but if successful you won’t have to purchase your own developmental and you could call up your wrestlers any time you wanted. Just my 2 cents anyway.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> This is the kind of feedback I was looking for, thanks. I've been toying with the developmental fed idea...I seem to have a pretty good eye for talent, and the game is populated with tons of interesting characters that I'm sure I can 'develop' given the right ingredients. I think that may be the way to go, thanks!</p>

I think the more expensive Dojos just start the workers off with more popularity.

That's interesting. I haven't used cheap dojos so far. But if cost just increases the chance to get guys with pop, then it's worthless.

I want rookies with high starten skills and great potential. The first I would expect from an expensive dojo. So far I can't really tell. - Most of my high class dojos had non popularity. On the other hand I had no wrestler with especially great base skills or looks.

As for signing all dojo recruits to written contracts, that seems a bit expensive for a low budget promotion. While I would recommend it for top talents to tie them up long term for merely 15k per month (this is such a no-brainer that I'd even consider it a bug), it's a bit too much for 20-30 low level guys, of whom a lot will probably be worthless.

That's interesting. I haven't used cheap dojos so far. But if cost just increases the chance to get guys with pop, then it's worthless.

I want rookies with high starten skills and great potential. The first I would expect from an expensive dojo. So far I can't really tell. - Most of my high class dojos had non popularity. On the other hand I had no wrestler with especially great base skills or looks.

This is what leads me to believe there has to be more of a benefit to starting with a pricier Dojo. If I'm spending more money, I'm spending it to get a higher chance of finding a stats stud oozing with potential, or psych or something...like a spike in one of two categories that clearly makes them stand out. Higher pop helps, but at that price?

As for signing all dojo recruits to written contracts, that seems a bit expensive for a low budget promotion. While I would recommend it for top talents to tie them up long term for merely 15k per month (this is such a no-brainer that I'd even consider it a bug), it's a bit too much for 20-30 low level guys, of whom a lot will probably be worthless.

...and I think that's the point. You got to be careful not to get carried away and overplay your hand so-to-speak. It may seem like you're getting a great deal locking up these prospects to low wages...but they'll add up and leave you little room to do other things...part of the beauty of the game, kinks in the mechanics aside. Thanks for the feedback!

This is what leads me to believe there has to be more of a benefit to starting with a pricier Dojo. If I'm spending more money, I'm spending it to get a higher chance of finding a stats stud oozing with potential, or psych or something...like a spike in one of two categories that clearly makes them stand out. Higher pop helps, but at that price?

Higher pop has little worth for trainees imo. And I also don't know, why a dojo should produce rookies with popularity. The occasional crossover star aside, who will probably rather pick an expensive setup.

...and I think that's the point. You got to be careful not to get carried away and overplay your hand so-to-speak. It may seem like you're getting a great deal locking up these prospects to low wages...but they'll add up and leave you little room to do other things...part of the beauty of the game, kinks in the mechanics aside. Thanks for the feedback!

Yep. If you're rich, you can do it. Better pay 10 guys 15k/m, than to pay over 100k/m for good ones after a bidding war.

I usually only tie up those guys, who already have great skills and who just are missing popularity. In the end most guys can be replaced anyway. So far the AI has always occasionally set free amazing workers. - E.g. I recently picked up Mr. Lucha III from unemployment.

Higher pop has little worth for trainees imo. And I also don't know, why a dojo should produce rookies with popularity. The occasional crossover star aside, who will probably rather pick an expensive setup.

I agree.

Yep. If you're rich, you can do it. Better pay 10 guys 15k/m, than to pay over 100k/m for good ones after a bidding war.

I usually only tie up those guys, who already have great skills and who just are missing popularity. In the end most guys can be replaced anyway. So far the AI has always occasionally set free amazing workers. - E.g. I recently picked up Mr. Lucha III from unemployment.

Yeah, I did a small 'lock up' of a handful of guys about a year ago, but clearly I need to be more aggressive signing guys I have plans for early on before it becomes a problem. Also allows me to start a child company if I have a roster signed to exclusives. I've seen a few good FA's too, and have seen a couple of roster purges from companies, CZCW in particular, where I was able to sign about 10 guys (lost 4 or 5 soon after) and they really added to my roster in the short term. Cheers!

This is the kind of feedback I was looking for, thanks. I've been toying with the developmental fed idea...I seem to have a pretty good eye for talent, and the game is populated with tons of interesting characters that I'm sure I can 'develop' given the right ingredients. I think that may be the way to go, thanks!

You’re welcome! I’m rooting for you. I’ve been enjoying reading about your ACPW and how far you’ve gone in the game. I usually get ADD and start a new game with a new company around the one year mark, so it’s awesome to see a C-Verse game advance for so long.

You can grab unknown guys for 2 years for about 2k/month. This would give you the chance to build them up a little and see if you want to keep them, and if their popularity isn’t going up very much, it won’t increase their asking price, either.

The younger the wrestlers are, the faster their skills increase and the more they learn. If you can sign them when they’re young and unpopular, you can mold them into something at least decent, even if their starting skills suck, and still get them for an affordable price if you want to lock them down for 10 years.

I agree.

Yeah, I did a small 'lock up' of a handful of guys about a year ago, but clearly I need to be more aggressive signing guys I have plans for early on before it becomes a problem. Also allows me to start a child company if I have a roster signed to exclusives. I've seen a few good FA's too, and have seen a couple of roster purges from companies, CZCW in particular, where I was able to sign about 10 guys (lost 4 or 5 soon after) and they really added to my roster in the short term. Cheers!

Also, since you’re looking for smaller wrestlers, maybe try to look at more younger women wrestlers if you weren’t already. They usually start at smaller sizes than the men and they have just as much potential.

I’ve also read that the more expensive the dojo, the more wrestlers it will produce. Again, this wasn’t really my experience. I pretty much had the same results from the cheapest to the most expensive. Maybe I wasn’t patient enough with it but I gave it a year on both (I had them both in the same game kind of as an experiment) and the quality of wrestlers and the amount was overall the same. I was much more happy just making the cheapest child company and having all of my prospects trained there. Honestly in about 6 months I had pretty good results and it wasn’t draining my finances as much as I thought it would.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Malioc" data-cite="Malioc" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>That's interesting. I haven't used cheap dojos so far. But if cost just increases the chance to get guys with pop, then it's worthless.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="DrRDuke" data-cite="DrRDuke" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Higher pop helps, but at that price?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> As Malioc says, higher popularity on trainees is useless. You wind up with people at 'star' and 'major star' level who can't carry matches the way you expect people at that level to do. So you wind up with essentially a jobber to the stars.</p><p> </p><p> And if money is an overriding concern, you should never lock down a trainee to an exclusive and/or written contract because you want them to work in as many places as possible to get the most work they can so they can get better. If a prospect has something that lights your fire, sure. But for most dojo graduates, that isn't going to apply. I locked down workers as a matter of course unless they have an undesirable personality (Scumbag, Sleazy, Grifter, Egomaniac, etc) just to keep them away from the likes of CWA and USPW. That is, until I realized the AI doesn't actively seek out talent for their divisions unless they're forced to (by losing someone). Now, I leave the undesirable personas as free agents and pick the rosters of those companies as contracts come up. Even then, they don't go after free agents, rather trying to sign people who aren't exclusive. If none are available (because they're locked down to non-exclusive, long term written deals), then the AI will sweep up the detritus. Once I poach Laura Flame from CWA, they're going to sign up Ellie May Walton just like they hoovered Golden Delicious when I took Brooke Tyler.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="drock31681" data-cite="drock31681" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I’ve also read that the more expensive the dojo, the more wrestlers it will produce. Again, this wasn’t really my experience. I pretty much had the same results from the cheapest to the most expensive. Maybe I wasn’t patient enough with it but I gave it a year on both (I had them both in the same game kind of as an experiment) and the quality of wrestlers and the amount was overall the same. I was much more happy just making the cheapest child company and having all of my prospects trained there. Honestly in about 6 months I had pretty good results and it wasn’t draining my finances as much as I thought it would.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Those numbers are rule of thumb. My PC has been open for technically three years (I set it up with an opening date of 2018, before the save started). In 2020, I had 9 graduates when the note says I was supposed to get "roughly 12". In 2021, so far in March, I've gotten 3 graduates so maybe it ramps up after the save starts. Hatoyama Dojo supposedly graduates "roughly 7" workers per class and there were two in 2020. <strong><em>TWO</em></strong>. All I know is that I'm paying 375k a month to produce workers with mid 20s to high 30s basics, which makes me question how the system works. Though I should note that the 3 grads I've had in 2021 have had 52, 75, and 48 basics. I'm just going to ride it out and see how things look after 5 years. But right now, I am not happy about a maxed out performance center graduating workers who can barely run the ropes without botching.</p>

<p>You guys seem to be misinformed on dojos.</p><p> </p><p>

1. Higher training rating means higher chance of producing workers with better skills. Has nothing to do with popularity.</p><p> </p><p>

2. Performance centers have more chance of producing wrestlers that used to be standouts in other sports. These are the people who start with extra pop.</p><p> </p><p>

3. Higher facilities rating means it produces more workers. This is totally separate from training rating.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="RocheBag" data-cite="RocheBag" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>You guys seem to be misinformed on dojos.<p> </p><p> 1. Higher training rating means higher chance of producing workers with better skills. Has nothing to do with popularity.</p><p> </p><p> 2. Performance centers have more chance of producing wrestlers that used to be standouts in other sports. These are the people who start with extra pop.</p><p> </p><p> 3. Higher facilities rating means it produces more workers. This is totally separate from training rating.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thanks for the clarification. I was just going off of my experience with dojos in 2020. I had 2 of them running, one that was at the minimum cost and one at the maximum cost. I got 2 workers from the cheap one and 3 from the expensive one, and their skills were similar quality, the main difference was that the cheap dojo workers had zero popularity and the expensive one produced workers with positive popularity (it was like 5 in the dojo’s region or something like that). Maybe I got lucky with my cheap one or maybe I got unlucky with my expensive one, but that’s my experience with them.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="RocheBag" data-cite="RocheBag" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Also. It is entirely unrealistic to expect any dojo to produce rookies who are already great wrestlers. That's just not how wrestling works, you need to train for years and years.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I'm not and wasn't expecting to have great wrestlers right of the gates. I was just curious if the more expensive the Dojo setup, the better 'starting' or base stats you get for a prospect. Like, maybe 1 in 20 prospects is 'special' and you can tell right out the gates he/she has a bit better starting stats. I'm absolutely expecting and prepared to have to build these guys from the ground up still, and nothing is guaranteed...was just curious what the benefit might be spending more money out the gate.</p><p> </p><p> Great feedback and in-game experience. And thanks for the interest in my ACPW game. I've hit a bit of a creative wall trying to plan out my next moves...but once I get playing that usually fixes itself. Will post updates. Thanks all!</p><p> </p><p> edit: also, great point about how locking up young guys to exclusives might hinder their growth by limiting how much they wrestle. Something I hadn't really considered, and something I'll now be focused on with some of the guys I did manage to sign. Get them in a lot more 6-mans and tags going forward. Thanks!</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="drock31681" data-cite="drock31681" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Thanks for the clarification. I was just going off of my experience with dojos in 2020. I had 2 of them running, one that was at the minimum cost and one at the maximum cost. I got 2 workers from the cheap one and 3 from the expensive one, and their skills were similar quality, the main difference was that the cheap dojo workers had zero popularity and the expensive one produced workers with positive popularity (it was like 5 in the dojo’s region or something like that). Maybe I got lucky with my cheap one or maybe I got unlucky with my expensive one, but that’s my experience with them.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yeah, dojos are just my favorite part of the game so I've put a lot of time into understanding them. I'm sure the difference is not a huge one, it's more the type of thing you will notice in the long term rather than an obvious difference from comparing a few workers. The majority of rookies will still be pretty poor regardless of dojo rating, as realistically most rookie wrestlers amount to nothing.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="DrRDuke" data-cite="DrRDuke" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'm not and wasn't expecting to have great wrestlers right of the gates. I was just curious if the more expensive the Dojo setup, the better 'starting' or base stats you get for a prospect. Like, maybe 1 in 20 prospects is 'special' and you can tell right out the gates he/she has a bit better starting stats. I'm absolutely expecting and prepared to have to build these guys from the ground up still, and nothing is guaranteed...was just curious what the benefit might be spending more money out the gate.<p> </p><p> Great feedback and in-game experience. And thanks for the interest in my ACPW game. I've hit a bit of a creative wall trying to plan out my next moves...but once I get playing that usually fixes itself. Will post updates. Thanks all!</p><p> </p><p> edit: also, great point about how locking up young guys to exclusives might hinder their growth by limiting how much they wrestle. Something I hadn't really considered, and something I'll now be focused on with some of the guys I did manage to sign. Get them in a lot more 6-mans and tags going forward. Thanks!</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yeah no worries, I'm not sure who it was, someone mentioned wanting to get rookies with great stats out of the gate. Perhaps I misunderstood.</p>

Can someone explain how to get popularity gains from angles? I've started multiple games with multiple setting combinations and tried different mods just in case something was off.

I'm currently playing a 2004 mod and I have Mark Madden for example as my on screen interviewer. He's got a 71 in microphone skill which is what I select to have him rated on. I'm in week three of June and he's still got a popularity rating of 10 in each region of America which is what he started with. I've tried using wrestlers and managers with different skill selections. For example I've used women based on sex appeal, charisma and entertainment with none of them getting popularity gains from angles. I'm using Natalya as a manager in a feud between the Motor City Machine Guns and Jack Evans/Teddy Hart and they men get popularity gains from the matches but Natalya hasn't gained any popularity in the nearly three month feud.

It doesn't seem to matter how over a worker is or how big the promotion is. I would appreciate and suggestions on what I may be overlooking.

Is there any difference between creating my own company using the editor versus starting as unemployed and using the 'Start Own Company' option? Will the game world see and treat my company the same?

Thanks!

There is a popularity difference, if you start unemployed and then create your own company on rock hard, you will start with 10 popularity in your home region and some popularity in other regions. You can set your popularity to whatever you want if you add it in via the editor, I start at 0 popularity everywhere.

You also start out with $250,000 if you go make a company at the rock hard setting. You can make it whatever you want in the editor.

You can grab unknown guys for 2 years for about 2k/month. This would give you the chance to build them up a little and see if you want to keep them, and if their popularity isn’t going up very much, it won’t increase their asking price, either.

Why shouldn't I sign them with handshake? With that I'm even more flexible and can kick the kids out after 6 months - if I want so.

If they really build no popularity, the other promotion will not raid me for them. Except small companies, who will give them additional experience per handshake deals.

And if they do build up popularity, it will bite me 2 years from now when I resign them and they want much more money.

Best way imo is to have them on handshake and check them every few months. When they are starting to get really interesting, sign them on exclusive 10 year deals. ;)

P.S.: If you regret that contract someday, there may always be the chance for you to talk them into Steroids, later test them and fire them about Steroid abuse... =)

I noticed 2 odd small things, that should be different imo:

- I talked Sabrina Wells into working in Europe, when she was unemployed. But she is a "Homebody". Shouldn't she be blocked completely from going to a new area?

- I just signed Jacob Jett, who is an "Agitator". Despite that he has currently a mildly positive influence in my backstage area. While this is nice, I don't see any reason for him not to be a jerk. ;-)