General Gameplay Questions Thread

4 minutes ago, CreativeLeader81 said:

TEW 2020 Question:

Does taking an Unimportant worker and giving them wins over Stars help move them up to Stars or Major Stars?

Yes, but you can upset your Stars in the process. Typically, beating someone more popular will have some sort of pop growth.

• Like 1

In theory, how fast can a worker's popularity grow ?
Like, say for instance I want to bring one or more indy workers with 0 pop in the US and have them make their debut right away in WWE's main roster: how long approximatively could/would it take for their popularity to reach midcard level, both being paired with popular workers or on their own ? Obviously, the most ideal way would be to first have them in NXT so they can grow naturally, but sometimes the storyline requires a debut straight in the middle of the big league.

• 2 weeks later...

On 2/7/2023 at 2:23 PM, CreativeLeader81 said:

TEW 2020 Question:

Does taking an Unimportant worker and giving them wins over Stars help move them up to Stars or Major Stars?

Yes but it's completely inefficient and will destroy your lineup of Stars and Major Stars (as well as their morale). If you're familiar with the storyline, use Sami Zayn as an example of taking a (formerly) perennial loser and turning him into the hottest worker in the company ('Groundswell of Support, in game terms). Or, use Solo Sikoa as a more moderate method. They don't have to beat your top stars to gain popularity. They just have to be present when your hottest programs are happening. Solo isn't main eventing Wrestlemania anytime soon but few people would bat an eye if he (with the Bloodline, even in its current state) beat Walter...errr Gunther or Austin Theory.

On 2/13/2023 at 4:36 AM, ArcheoOutOfNowhere said:

In theory, how fast can a worker's popularity grow ?
Like, say for instance I want to bring one or more indy workers with 0 pop in the US and have them make their debut right away in WWE's main roster: how long approximatively could/would it take for their popularity to reach midcard level, both being paired with popular workers or on their own ? Obviously, the most ideal way would be to first have them in NXT so they can grow naturally, but sometimes the storyline requires a debut straight in the middle of the big league.

It's easier and faster to pair them with workers who are more popular. Their lack of popularity will drag down angles some (if they're rated) but they'll gain large popularity bumps nonetheless. Give them wins over workers at or just above their popularity level (this is where workers who are 'Easy to Do Business With' really come in handy) and inside of 3 months, they could be midcard level. That is, assuming you book them on every available show and their angles are still rated 50+ points above their existing level of popularity.

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Tterrag said:

How do you get a match rated 100? Seems like the AI can get one whenever it sees fit but I'm never quite able to get there

Everything's got to work just right: workers, chemistry, announcers, road agent stuff, refereeing. I've gotten a few (a lot more 95 to 99), but it took a while to get things right from my side, and then I think there's an element of random chance to it (I would guess to account for random stuff that would make a match great or terrible or somewhere in between).

St.T

That makes sense but I'll admit the answer being "get lucky" doesn't reassure me much :V

Also, not sure if this is quite a "gameplay" question, but I've seen a few mentions and screenshots around the forum of a wrestler named Zephyr, but she doesn't seem to actually be in the TEW 2020 database; anyone know what the deal with that is? Here's an example

942530279_ZephyrAccident.jpg.154bd5353400555056c0a770b7314576.jpg

2 hours ago, Tterrag said:

Also, not sure if this is quite a "gameplay" question, but I've seen a few mentions and screenshots around the forum of a wrestler named Zephyr, but she doesn't seem to actually be in the TEW 2020 database; anyone know what the deal with that is? Here's an example

942530279_ZephyrAccident.jpg.154bd5353400555056c0a770b7314576.jpg

There are some databases around that expand the standard database.

Curious how to stop a company momentum freefalling? I'm a Tiny promotion (NWA), shows are consistently in the 40's, being praised, ratings/attendance rising, size is growing but my company momentum drops every show? Doesn't seem to corelate with the fact everything in the company is rising including worker overness. 

I am playing the TEW2020 demo. My main question is: where to begin? I have chosen a company and an avatar, and I supposedly have a show "tomorrow." But I'm confused about how to proceed. I am familiar with WMMA5, and it seems to share some concepts with TEW2020, but when I launched the demo I was just lost. 

Years ago I tried out the free version of TEW2005, and had trouble understanding that, too.

11 hours ago, Antonin said:

I am playing the TEW2020 demo. My main question is: where to begin? I have chosen a company and an avatar, and I supposedly have a show "tomorrow." But I'm confused about how to proceed. I am familiar with WMMA5, and it seems to share some concepts with TEW2020, but when I launched the demo I was just lost. 

Years ago I tried out the free version of TEW2005, and had trouble understanding that, too.

I'd suggest you read the handbook, available via the top menu bar, there's a beginner's section right at the start.

If you were being literal and simply don't know how to advance, it works exactly the same as WMMA5 - you click the advance arrow (top of the left hand menu) to move forward.

• Like 1

What's the exact skill or skills that influence how good a road agent is? I know Psychology, but in my head reputation, respect and basics are all important too, yet I just read that it's experience and reputation so maybe I've misremembered?

EDIT: nvm, found it in the handbook:

Feedback about a road agent not putting together the match very well or doing a good job means that their skill in the role (as usual, made up of their Experience and Psychology, with a little influence from Respect) was either particularly low or high.

Edited by benjirino

16 hours ago, Adam Ryland said:

I'd suggest you read the handbook, available via the top menu bar, there's a beginner's section right at the start.

If you were being literal and simply don't know how to advance, it works exactly the same as WMMA5 - you click the advance arrow (top of the left hand menu) to move forward.

Thank you. I know the advance arrow part. It's just that TEW2020 appears to be several orders of magnitude more complicated than WMMA5. I have been reading the beginner's section, but so far it isn't clicking. Oh well--I'm in my 60s, so maybe the problem is that I'm just old. Anyway I will continue to review the help file. It looks like a fun game. If I mess up I can just start a new save.

12 hours ago, Antonin said:

Thank you. I know the advance arrow part. It's just that TEW2020 appears to be several orders of magnitude more complicated than WMMA5. I have been reading the beginner's section, but so far it isn't clicking. Oh well--I'm in my 60s, so maybe the problem is that I'm just old. Anyway I will continue to review the help file. It looks like a fun game. If I mess up I can just start a new save.

I will say the one thing WMMA does that TEW doesn’t (or should do more) is pre planning.

For instance your venue is chosen the day of, as opposed to months in advance like WMMA. You can use pre booking as well to get your cards together before advancing to your show, and you’ll only have to time them etc.

7 hours ago, Teh_Showtime said:

I will say the one thing WMMA does that TEW doesn’t (or should do more) is pre planning.

For instance your venue is chosen the day of, as opposed to months in advance like WMMA. You can use pre booking as well to get your cards together before advancing to your show, and you’ll only have to time them etc.

I noticed that.

One thing that confuses me is how to go about setting up good matches. The rosters are quite large. How much time do you spend studying your rosters and deciding which matchups will be the best? It seems like it would take a very long time to create a group of matches for each show. In WMMA you can quickly look at potential championship fights, then check your notes to see who is calling out whom, and then ask your adviser to point out other possible good fights.  

21 hours ago, Antonin said:

There are a lot of good videos to help you with TEW 2020 on youtube. Such as this for example: 

@Sentinel79 - Thank you.  I will see if the videos will help me. At the moment I'm making no progress in understanding some basic concepts, even though I seem to have run one TV event.

I am trying to run another TV event and have pre-booked several matches for it. But when I try to actually run the event, I get a message saying I cannot run an event for which I have booked no matches. How can that be? Sorry for the dumb questions.