General Gameplay Questions Thread

On 6/26/2023 at 8:33 PM, ItsJustJustin said:

Ok, this is doing my tree in now. 

Doing a TCW 2020 game. Every TV main event and every PPV main event gets 80/83. Midcard matches get as high as 91 but i move that same match to the main event and it drops like a stone. Not edd. 

My Psycho Circus Hawkins vs Jay main event got 80. Both guys got 97 performance. And it was a hot storyline.

Why is this? What can i do? 

I do get announcer dings sometimes so i hired Cornish and Prieto. Their chemistry isnt great yet and i get penalised for it but why is it the main event matches? Does the popularity of the wrestlers overwhelm the announcers? 

Any help would be so very greatly appreciated. 

Cheers, 

Just to clarify, this is with the match rating right, not the show grade?

Match length is the first thing that comes to mind. If a match isn't as long as your audience expects it might be capped, and I think main events for a lot of performance companies are expected to be around 20 mins, I haven't played TCW in a hot minute so I can't remember exactly how long you should be aiming for. Do you have dirt sheet turned on? If so that might help you out if there's a major issue. There might also be something going on with Crowd Management and/or Crowd Burnout. I don't see how you'd be hitting Crowd Burnout on TV tapings though. I know matches can be pinged for not involving a hot storyline but it sounds like you've got that covered. I don't think anything to do with the announcers is enough for you to be having this effect.

The other thing I can think of is that I'm pretty sure the game does is that matches higher up the card put the wrestlers under greater pressure, which makes it harder for them to perform/more likely to be inconsistent. 

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

HI guys, I need to create the Diamond Dozen Battle Royal for AEW. I create te match but after I need to set the match type and there is no 12 Men Battle Royal, and by the game editor and also by editing the mdb....I was unable to find how add a new "match type".

I want also to create the BlackJack Battle Royal, but I got same problem cause is a 21 men.

Thanks!

9 minutes ago, maximilian8777 said:

HI guys, I need to create the Diamond Dozen Battle Royal for AEW. I create te match but after I need to set the match type and there is no 12 Men Battle Royal, and by the game editor and also by editing the mdb....I was unable to find how add a new "match type".

I want also to create the BlackJack Battle Royal, but I got same problem cause is a 21 men.

Thanks!

You can't have a 12 man or 21 man match. It's not possible in the slightest. Also, editing the mdb file will prevent you from getting tech support, so don't do that. 

• 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, PaperMachete said:

Another question from me... I get the message "are limited to going no higher than Small size" when I try to edit my child companies maximum size. Any way I can change this? 

Change their max size in the editor. Child promotions can grow to at least medium size. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, PaperMachete said:

What's the possible downside of having people in child companies that think it's too small for them? I've currently sent down a couple of big names to a child company to help them grow in size but they keep complaining that they wanna get promoted again - how bad can it get?

The downside is their morale sinking.

5 hours ago, Jaysin said:

I swore I looked there, but apparently not. Thanks bud. My ADHD brain is making TEW a pain lately.

I do this with TEW often. I'll not know where something is located, I'll find it, and then forget it, and then spend forever looking for it again likely passing it over a thousand times. My memory stinks sometimes but atleast ya found it. 

On 7/31/2023 at 11:26 AM, PaperMachete said:

I'm back with another question :)

Got the Dirt Sheet message "D'Lo Brown was penalised for chemistry (overwhelmed by manager)". What does this mean? Is his manager too good in comparion to him? Not good enough?

I believe that means D'Lo doesn't work well with a manager in his corner. Any manager.

It's not a devastating penalty, so if the manager is performing well in segments, I wouldn't worry too much. 

• Like 1

Since B-shows affect worker popularity but not company popularity, does that mean that things that hurt the show grade (using unpopular workers too much, failing to advance storylines, not meeting "fans expect one match of X aim" goals, bad match/angle ratio) don't matter at all for B-shows? I'm thinking about creating a "showcase" type B-show for my otherwise entertainment-focused company, and I want to know if I have to worry about match ratio.