General Gameplay Questions Thread

Thanks for clarifying :)

Anyone got any tips about how to book a Tag Team dominating a match?

If you want both members to dominate, you have to select them both. If you pick, say, Road Warrior Animal, he'll control the whole match and get the domination.

However, if the team is classified as a 'unit' they both get the gains from the match evenly. It only really matters if the team is classified as individuals.

So, it really depends on the specific team. If they are classified as a team, you can pick one and they'll both get the benefit. If they are individuals, the one you select will get a bigger benefit.

• 2 weeks later...
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="H3power" data-cite="H3power" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I have a worker who has excellent chemistry with his manager, but at the same time receives a penalty which states "penalized for bad chemistry (overwhelmed by manager)." Does anyone know in this case if the worker is better or worse off with the manager at ringside?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> So this dirt sheet penalty means that the manager is significantly better than him so he's being overshadowed. It's not going to drop your rating significantly, so I'd keep him with the manager.</p>

They might complain, same as any other worker.

But they don't have creative control so nothing's stopping you jobbing them.

Fair enough, hadn't thought of that... Secondary question, can a worker start sandbagging in a match if they've indicated they don't want to take a loss, or would they still put on a normal match based on their skills?

Are jobbers useless?

I am still not able to completely grasp how momentum works, a recognizable guy won't get positive momentum if he beats an unidentified guy? For reference, the recognizable guy is on 5 match winning streak and still has very chilly momentum. It's a new save, so no past fortunes, he has gimmick rating as very good, he is getting decent enough ratings on angles.

If they'd been losing with poor momentum before, what happens is that their long term booking hasn't yet caught up to their recent booking.

It's sort of an elastic band - continue to book them strong and the long term losses will wear off/be weighted less heavily and they'll ping into positive momentum and start shooting up into the warm.

If they started chilly that effect is still there even in a new save. It's not hard to dig people out of poor momentum but it does take concerted effort once they're deep in the cold.

Thank you for responding.

So, to use the said wrestler now, my options are to either a turn or keep giving him wins until his momentum is in green.

Does the level of opponents affect momentum?

Ex beating a Recognizable/well known wrestler Vs beating jobbers?

Good segments and winning matches (having major successes in angles might I think also contribute but I'm not sure).

Not completely certain about the level of opponents. I book small companies so you can be recognisable just by showing up and I don't have unknowns around very often. I don't think it matters hugely.

The big thing I've found with momentum is for people who aren't going to just be jobbers, starting them off with a couple of wins tends to be prudent because an early loss streak is surprisingly hard to elastic back from - seems to take a while whereas if they win a couple first they stay warm for longer.

I'm six years into my current game, and I haven't found beating unknown job guys to be a very effective way of getting guys over/raising momentum. It's a fine way to maintain positive momentum, but the easiest way to get someone hot is to beat someone who actually matters. More popular than them, with positive momentum, and once is rarely enough.

As mentioned, turning can be a good, if drastic, solution.

Good segments and winning matches (having major successes in angles might I think also contribute but I'm not sure).

Not completely certain about the level of opponents. I book small companies so you can be recognisable just by showing up and I don't have unknowns around very often. I don't think it matters hugely.

The big thing I've found with momentum is for people who aren't going to just be jobbers, starting them off with a couple of wins tends to be prudent because an early loss streak is surprisingly hard to elastic back from - seems to take a while whereas if they win a couple first they stay warm for longer.

I'm six years into my current game, and I haven't found beating unknown job guys to be a very effective way of getting guys over/raising momentum. It's a fine way to maintain positive momentum, but the easiest way to get someone hot is to beat someone who actually matters. More popular than them, with positive momentum, and once is rarely enough.

As mentioned, turning can be a good, if drastic, solution.

Thank you both for answering these questions, really appreciate it.

A question on creating title.

Saw the title have the following levels:

1. Primary

2. Secondary

3. Tertiary

4. Floating

I try looking in the handbook on the explanation for each level. Seems there is nothing. What does no 3 and no 4 means?

Primary i understand is something like the main title and secondary is like a second title which maybe something like cruiser weight champ?

Can anyone advise?

To use 1999 WWF as an example...

• Primary is your biggest belt, the WWF World Title.
  • Secondary is one step below that. Prestigious, but not the most important, the WWF Intercontinental Title.
  • Tertiary is the third step down, the WWF European or WWF Light Heavyweight Title.
  • ... and Floating depends on who holds it. The WWF Hardcore Title. Means something in the hands of Mankind or Kane. Means nothing in the hands of Steve Blackman or Gerald Briscoe.

These categories just set the base prestige score for the belt, which will move up or down based on booking anyway.

<p>Really daft question, I'm new to TEW 2020 after playing the WMMA games for years...</p><p> </p><p>

I started a game where some characters haven't got pictures assigned, so I used the editor to add pictures for the wrestlers - but they're not showing up on the menus, only on their profiles...</p><p> </p><p>

So if I'm looking at my roster list, no picture. If I click into their profile, there's the picture.</p><p> </p><p>

What am I doing wrong?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="JonButterfield" data-cite="JonButterfield" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Really daft question, I'm new to TEW 2020 after playing the WMMA games for years...<p> </p><p> I started a game where some characters haven't got pictures assigned, so I used the editor to add pictures for the wrestlers - but they're not showing up on the menus, only on their profiles...</p><p> </p><p> So if I'm looking at my roster list, no picture. If I click into their profile, there's the picture.</p><p> </p><p> What am I doing wrong?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Wrestlers have seperate images within companies themselves. Changing them in the editor only changes their default pictures. For company pictures you either need to assign them on your roster screen by clicking on their name on their profile, or by editing the "Contract" section in the editor</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="The Dynamite Sid" data-cite="The Dynamite Sid" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Is it possible to (in effect) recall someone from excursion early? By convincing them to work in Japan and then signing them to a deal would that essentially end the excursion early and bring the worker home or would there be some sort of issue caused by trying to override the excursion in this way?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You can't end the excursion early, but as you described above, you can make someone available in Japan again and sign them.... they will still technically be on excursion and will act like it by trying to end their contracts when the appropriate amount of time is up, but they can absolutely work for their original promotion again in their original area if you do it that way. Not sure if you'll be able to sign them again when they eventually leave you around the end of their excursion, but I <em>think</em> they'd consider you again....</p>