General Gameplay Questions Thread

I remember in TEW 2016 that you could change the product of a setting so you don't have to have storylines. Is there a way to do that in TEW 2020? Thanks in advance fellow TEW fans

You can’t edit products in 2020, but if you find a product you like except for the storyline requirements, turn off “strict storylines” in settings.

excursion vs development

Is there any gameplay reason to send your worker on an excursion instead of development?

I mean as a Japanese fed? Is there any reason to send workers on excursions at all, since you will be doing way more shows than the other feds.

am finding all my managers and on screen personalities have ice cold momentum, managers don't seem to effect matches …. however for onscreen personalities its killing my angles. is this a bug or any suggestions to get their momentum back up ?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="DarloKid" data-cite="DarloKid" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>am finding all my managers and on screen personalities have ice cold momentum, managers don't seem to effect matches …. however for onscreen personalities its killing my angles. is this a bug or any suggestions to get their momentum back up ?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It's not a bug, it's a feature. You have to use your non-wrestling onscreen personalities, in good to great segments, in order to get their momentum up. It's not as easy as it was in previous games.</p>

It's not a bug, it's a feature. You have to use your non-wrestling onscreen personalities, in good to great segments, in order to get their momentum up. It's not as easy as it was in previous games.

That's good to know. Why do announcers and refs get cold momentum though?

Is there anyway to stop the AI from numbering all of the new shows they make?

It's always SWF Showdown #1 UPSW In Action #4

I believe it was requested that shows be numbered so users could see details of specific editions of television shows, as opposed to just something happening on "Total Wrestling." Now you have a sense of when in the chronology that particular segment took place

So, where do you go to add to your Avatar's User Talents? I can't seem to find the screen for the life of me.

Assuming your game is started and you're not on the avatar selection screen, use the bottom left arrow on the bottom button window.

If a worker is retiring to a "backstage role" and I go to negotiate with them it always tell me that he is intent on retiring in peace when I only hire them for backstage roles. Am I doing something wrong?

Any help with this? Is there something I'm missing?

Any help with this? Is there something I'm missing?

This is most likely because the worker doesn't have any assigned roles so the contract you are offering seems like an in-ring contract to them. Use the "talk to worker" feature and see if they will take on the role you wish them to and then proceed with negotiations.

Is there any gameplay reason to send your worker on an excursion instead of development?

I mean as a Japanese fed? Is there any reason to send workers on excursions at all, since you will be doing way more shows than the other feds.

It gives the worker exposure in another area (where they will gain pop), allows them to develop on another promotion's dime, will give them reset momentum when they go back influencing their perception.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="RingRider" data-cite="RingRider" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>This is most likely because the worker doesn't have any assigned roles so the contract you are offering seems like an in-ring contract to them. Use the "talk to worker" feature and see if they will take on the role you wish them to and then proceed with negotiations.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> Unfortunately, that isn't the case. Sgt. Slaughter retired to a backstage role and he's checked off for everything(Announcer, Colour, Personality, etc..), . I wanted him as a Road Agent and for about 8 months now he still says he intends to retire in peace.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="njmcfreak" data-cite="njmcfreak" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Unfortunately, that isn't the case. Sgt. Slaughter retired to a backstage role and he's checked off for everything(Announcer, Colour, Personality, etc..), . I wanted him as a Road Agent and for about 8 months now he still says he intends to retire in peace.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Off the top of my head, and without checking the mod and worker settings, is it possible that the worker has been set to "left the business?" Otherwise, perhaps has been assigned the attribute "outside interests?" (Remember that attributes can be made hidden, so check the database editor, not the in-game editor).</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="RingRider" data-cite="RingRider" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Off the top of my head, and without checking the mod and worker settings, is it possible that the worker has been set to "left the business?" Otherwise, perhaps has been assigned the attribute "outside interests?" (Remember that attributes can be made hidden, so check the database editor, not the in-game editor).</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> No actually he has Wrestling In His Blood attribute, and he hasn't left the business. Maybe a bug?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="njmcfreak" data-cite="njmcfreak" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>No actually he has Wrestling In His Blood attribute, and he hasn't left the business. Maybe a bug?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Have you made sure to set the contract offer to exclusively out-of-ring roles rather that doing anything?</p>

It's not a bug, it's a feature. You have to use your non-wrestling onscreen personalities, in good to great segments, in order to get their momentum up. It's not as easy as it was in previous games.

been getting top rated segments with Ricky Dale yet he has ice cold momentum

<p>Auto booker</p><p> </p><p>

Hi, I’ve been a big fan of TEW 2016. I recently just got 2020. The one thing I noticed as I’m really a newbie on the new one is the auto booker at least in this game I’m playing won’t auto book title matches despite having the title match settings either set to often or wherever possible. I was playing a game though October of the first year and only tag titles once and a while were put up, and my lowest singles belt. But not my middle or world title belt. In 2016, the auto booker worked wonderfully. I’m just curious why the auto booker isn’t doing booking title matches? I also tried to use that add a match feature to individually book a title match and every time i get a warning saying no match could be made or whatever it is, I don’t have the game open right now since I’m at work. But I guess I’m just wondering if there’s something wrong with the auto booker? It’s also weirdly added an angle instead of a match as the main event. And finally in the product settings, what happened to setting match/angle ratios? Thanks for the help!</p>

I have a problem with my landxx mod save. Before I started, I set everyone's owner roster size to "Very small" so that there would be enough workers for everyone to grow.

WWE (being AI-controlled and Titanic size" went from 120 to 336 workers though in the first year. I checked the owner size and it's still "very small". Meanwhile, WWE lost 70 million dollars.

Does anyone have an idea why that could happen? Are there other factors that cause a company to bankrupt itself by hiring everyone on the planet so I can fix that?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I guess it was fixed with 1.02. Sorry about seeing the upgrade thread too late.

Could it be that I can no longer remove road agent notes by double clicking? What's up with that? Did I accidently change a setting? :confused:

Pretty sure this is fixed in the next patch. Probably caused by a typo in the last one. The thread where it was reported seems to have been deleted which normally means is been fixed.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="D-Lyrium" data-cite="D-Lyrium" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Pretty sure this is fixed in the next patch. Probably caused by a typo in the last one. The thread where it was reported seems to have been deleted which normally means is been fixed.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> It says it's been adressed now. I did post a bug report that was just deleted, just like that. Not sure why as it was pretty obviously a bug. I chuckled at the posts here suggesting censorship on the forums, but apparently it's actually a thing. You can lock it with an explanation, but please don't waste my time.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BDC212" data-cite="BDC212" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Is there any way that I can go in the in game editor and give myself a TV deal?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> By increasing your pop and change your product settings so you meet the requirements for a specific broadcaster.</p>

It says it's been adressed now. I did post a bug report that was just deleted, just like that. Not sure why as it was pretty obviously a bug. I chuckled at the posts here suggesting censorship on the forums, but apparently it's actually a thing. You can lock it with an explanation, but please don't waste my time.

They delete bug reports when the problem is fixed.