Public Beta Reaction Thread

because its probably not as simple as just having the key feature/heavy/medium/low etc stuff like it was in 2016. been playing adam's games for 10 years, and one thing i've learned is he goes out of his way to fix and change things to meet his playerbase's standards as much as he can. if he is unable to add custom products, it is likely due to something within the infrastructure of the game itself.

He hasn't stated whether or not he is technologically incapable of putting custom products in or not yet. If he had said that, we probably wouldn't be having this conversation, or at least having a different version of it.

All we know is what he said in the journal originally. This isn't like the UI, which he HAS said is not viable for him to do an overhaul on.

We aren't asking for the exact same system from 2016 to be put into the game, because that system is not the same as the current system. But we are asking for the ability to use the tool that puts these products in so that we can make our own and customize them. I don't think this is a big ask. If it is, I'd love for Adam to come and tell us himself.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you have an option to dim your screen? I always do when I have lights off/it's darker in the room... should be going to sleep and instead am reading posts on GDS, lol.

I mean, I do. But that would just make all of the important info dimmer & make me strain my eyes. It's easily the most "first world" problem I have with the game. I know it sounds dumb, but that was the main issue for me on day one. Other things have taken its place since however. Mainly the angles not having search features. But I've already said enough about that.

I mean, I do. But that would just make all of the important info dimmer & make me strain my eyes. It's easily the most "first world" problem I have with the game. I know it sounds dumb, but that was the main issue for me on day one. Other things have taken its place since however. Mainly the angles not having search features. But I've already said enough about that.

Is there a program out there that lets you black out part of the screen? I don't know of anything like that, but I wouldn't be surprised if it exists.

Let me just state that I agree with you regarding the whiteboard. It is a lot of empty space, and should be resized, but barring that at the very least the white should be a dimmer color (maybe a light grey or something less jarring).

A possible temporary solution for you would be to put on "night' mode in your PC, so that as the sun sets during the day the color temperature of your screen changes to reduce eyestrain. Note that it takes a little while to get used to the first time around, but after a while there's no going back. If you don't have the option on your computer's operating system, you can probably look into a program like f.lux that does the same thing.

No one does! No one ever did! Because preset products have been there for ages alongside user controlled creation or modification of products.

That's what's so odd about that poster's statement. No one has advocated removing of a feature, only the re-implementation of a feature that has been removed.

It's not "odd." It's a bad-faith, strawman argument that really doesn't deserve to even be engaged with to be honest.

As I understand it implementing user creation without changing TEW2020's product system would require completely reworking and implementing a brand new procedural generation system that doesn't currently exist.

What is your understanding based on? Not trying to be insulting, I'm honestly not sure how you would know that with that level of certainty.

This thread really should be renamed to the "arguing about the ability to make your own product types" because time and time again that's all this thread evolves into.

No offence guys, but this discussion has been done to death now, it's nothing more than a circular argument and I'm certain Adam knows the conversation at hand and the limitations people's suggestions have on his own game.

He'll be trying to implement suggestions as best he can to try and please as many people as possible. I doubt it's as simple as some people are suggesting though, or he would've done it already.

But we are asking for the ability to use the tool that puts these products in so that we can make our own and customize them. I don't think this is a big ask. If it is, I'd love for Adam to come and tell us himself.

If Adam would just address this directly, we could all chill out and stop going back and forth over this whole thing.

It's not "odd." It's a bad-faith, strawman argument that really doesn't deserve to even be engaged with to be honest.

That poster and I seem to have hashed things out (I hope) as it seemed to have been a simple matter of us using the same term but with differing definitions (his seemed to be more technical/dev oriented, mine was just the common definition of "preset"). So I'm not going to go back there, because sniping at one another just doesn't add anything IMO.

We all want the game, which has a lot of good, to be better.

This thread really should be renamed to the "arguing about the ability to make your own product types" because time and time again that's all this thread evolves into.

No offence guys, but this discussion has been done to death now, it's nothing more than a circular argument and I'm certain Adam knows the conversation at hand and the limitations people's suggestions have on his own game.

He'll be trying to implement suggestions as best he can to try and please as many people as possible. I doubt it's as simple as some people are suggesting though, or he would've done it already.

It does come back to the topic a lot, which I think means that the topic is extremely important. If this is the beta, and this is the most talked about issue besides the UI, then it naturally will be talked about more than other issues. It's an oddly divisive issue since what one side wants doesn't actually have an effect on the other side.

Let's pretend that this was a non-issue because custom products were already in the game. Hypothetically speaking, the only thing this topic would be about would be repeating conversations about how "the game is good but the UI is really messy."

So it's the same story but with a different problem.

It does come back to the topic a lot, which I think means that the topic is extremely important. If this is the beta, and this is the most talked about issue besides the UI, then it naturally will be talked about more than other issues. It's an oddly divisive issue since what one side wants doesn't actually have an effect on the other side.

Let's pretend that this was a non-issue because custom products were already in the game. Hypothetically speaking, the only thing this topic would be about would be repeating conversations about how "the game is good but the UI is really messy."

So it's the same story but with a different problem.

I realise this, and I realise how important it is to many, many people, but every morning I have to wade in and read five pages of people saying the same things over and over while I'm having my morning coffee... and nobody's saying anything that wasn't said a week ago.

It would be nice to see discussion about the changes to the momentum system and things that happened with the overnight beta patch update, but these things get buried in the shuffle of the usual suspects shouting at each other over, calling each other strawmen and arguing about a functionality that may or may not be able to be implemented.

that may or may not be able to be implemented.

I totally get where you're coming from, even as one of those people that continues having the conversation about products. But to those players, and myself, this is the make or break issue for the game that is determining whether or not they're even going to buy the game, so those people are probably not interested in the cool quality of life stuff the new patches have done, such as the Wrestling Nirvana product having the cinematic restriction lifted, or how some of the positive backstage personalities got nerfed. Because these changes won't end up affecting them if they don't buy the game because the product process is stuck the way it is.

I am really glad he nerfed the positive backstage element. Unless you're playing 2020 WWE/AEW, I think that a lot of the lockerrooms are unrealistically wholesome.

I realise this, and I realise how important it is to many, many people, but every morning I have to wade in and read five pages of people saying the same things over and over while I'm having my morning coffee... and nobody's saying anything that wasn't said a week ago.

It would be nice to see discussion about the changes to the momentum system and things that happened with the overnight beta patch update, but these things get buried in the shuffle of the usual suspects shouting at each other over, calling each other strawmen and arguing about a functionality that may or may not be able to be implemented.

"Have to"?

Anyway, there's other issues peppered in here and there. Most of us who want it re-implemented were moving beyond it ITT, tbqh, for other matters. For my part I've mentioned mostly UI related issues, as that's where my primary concern for the May release lies (I honestly never expected user controlled product creation/modification to be re-implemented by then, hence my stating "in an update down the line" every so often).

I have to wade through yourself and others repeating daily "Love it, would pay for a BETA now". Yet no ones complained about that and the praise being repeated. But people need to stop voicing their opinions so your morning coffee is more enjoyable. Incredible attitude.

I've mentioned twice in this thread can we please stick to the topics at hand and twice in the past two days you've gone after members posting instead. This behaviour shouldn't be condoned, it adds nothing to the forums or game development. How you're left to post this stuff freely while valid criticism that breaks no rules is deleted baffles me.

It comes back on topic because the same users keep bringing it up. People are upset a feature they love was removed from the game but constant complaining at this point is insanity. The fact they haven't publicly addressed it more than likely means they're trying to see if its possible without breaking something or causing other issues. No point to give out false hope saying they're working on it to then a week later say its not possible.

I have to wade through yourself and others repeating daily "Love it, would pay for a BETA now". Yet no ones complained about that and the praise being repeated. But people need to stop voicing their opinions so your morning coffee is more enjoyable. Incredible attitude.

I've mentioned twice in this thread can we please stick to the topics at hand and twice in the past two days you've gone after members posting instead. This behaviour shouldn't be condoned, it adds nothing to the forums or game development. How you're left to post this stuff freely while valid criticism that breaks no rules is deleted baffles me.

The same people aren't praising the same feature every single day like certain users are complaining about the same feature everyday. That's the difference.

The same people aren't praising the same feature every single day like certain users are complaining about the same feature everyday. That's the difference.

Vast majority I've seen aren't the same people complaining, they're mostly new members who've signed up specifically to express their opinions. They've been dismissed and told they're repeating the same old complaint. Then several devs have turned around said, and I quote "It's only the vocal minority who don't like...". You don't see how that's an issue and will hinder development?

On the other hand other members are repeating themselves daily about how much they love it and want to buy it in it's current state. I've not seen one post telling them to stop repeating themselves or anyone dismissing their opinions. Nor should they.

The whiteboard in the editor is there for a notepad for mod makers to use to share information with one another. I’m not trying to be sarcastic, but it’s about the same size and brightness as a default notepad in windows, I’m just not understanding the brightness complaint.

The whiteboard in the editor is there for a notepad for mod makers to use to share information with one another. I’m not trying to be sarcastic, but it’s about the same size and brightness as a default notepad in window, I’m just not understanding the brightness complaint.

Just my experience but the amount of screen space it takes up kinda makes it hard to get a focus on the smaller text in the lists next to it. It's nothing I can't deal with mind you, just trying to give an example. .

Absolute rubbish. I'm posting new suggestions daily, I'm pointing out issues I have with the game or mistakes in the tech forum, I've joined in on discussions on MANY of the quality of life improvements required for the game to improve its playability in many of the relevant threads, as well as pointed out features I enjoy in its current state.

To just downgrade my contribution to simply *checks notes* "Love it, would pay for a BETA now" is pure ridiculousness.

I have played the last 3 versions of this game, however unless Genadi and the like make their mods for this version I have zero reason to buy this game. I have never played the Cornellverse, I am sure it is wonderful however as a 39 year old I enjoy 80's wrestling. I just hope the Powers that be can figure this out I have been so excited for the new game yet am lost in the beta, tried playing a 1991 mod today in WCW and was penalized for not having an Eye Candy match!!!!!

Absolute rubbish. I'm posting new suggestions daily, I'm pointing out issues I have with the game or mistakes in the tech forum, I've joined in on discussions on MANY of the quality of life improvements required for the game to improve its playability in many of the relevant threads, as well as pointed out features I enjoy in its current state.

To just downgrade my contribution to simply *checks notes* "Love it, would pay for a BETA now" is pure ridiculousness.

3 Pages of your post history disagree :rolleyes:

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2413670&postcount=4

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2414465&postcount=61

Oh and more time in another thread...

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2412276&postcount=8

Twice in one 3 page thread you repeated your eagerness to buy as is. No one told you to stop repeating yourself because you were interfering with their morning coffee. That would be rude and stupid right?

Other gems include...

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2414673&postcount=1742

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2413709&postcount=1610

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2414660&postcount=1738

Your post history is there for all to see. Claiming absolute rubbish and ridiculousness is odd considering how easily accessible they are.

Hopefully you see this now and can let people post their opinions without letting them know they're ruining your morning coffee.

3 Pages of your post history disagree :rolleyes:

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2413670&postcount=4

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2414465&postcount=61

Oh and more time in another thread...

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2412276&postcount=8

Twice in one 3 page thread you repeated your eagerness to buy as is. No one told you to stop repeating yourself because you were interfering with their morning coffee. That would be rude and stupid right?

Other gems include...

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2414673&postcount=1742

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2413709&postcount=1610

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2414660&postcount=1738

Your post history is there for all to see. Claiming absolute rubbish and ridiculousness is odd considering how easily accessible they are.

Hopefully you see this now and can let people post their opinions without letting them know they're ruining your morning coffee.

Mate, you've absolutely cherry picked my post history to make some weird point, that's such a small percentage of my recent posts in amongst a wide range of posts on other topics.

Anyway, I'm not interesting in getting into a shit-fight with you over this, so enjoy the rest of your day. I like your mods.