Public Beta Reaction Thread

It's intriguing to me that you chose my post where I said to you "I'm trying to understand what you mean by this post. Are you hungry? Thirsty? Did you sleep well last night??", this post was clearly made in JEST and to SUPPORT the very point you were making! For some reason you've taken massive offence to it.

I understand that context is often hard to understand on the internet, but come on now...

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're not wrong. I keep asking myself "Does this sound too rude, or like weird complaining." But I feel if I don't try to mention my issues, they may be overlooked because they are indeed small problems.

Like one of the people said to me in a private message "People are looking at the pattern on the plate and ignoring the meal on the plate." I keep repeating that the main game is absolutely great! I will keep praising those aspects. I care deeply about the game because for the last 7 years it has (And I know what I'm about to say will sound really lame & stupid) really changed my life! Something about playing TEW has always helped with my nervous energy & anxiety issues. Gave me a feeling of control that no other game or thing ever really could. It sounds stupid but this is in no way be just slagging a game because I want to be a jerk. I want the game to be the best it can be.

I try to be as fair & balanced with what I say, but I also sometimes just type it out & don't think if it sounds like TOO much.

This is me as well. Ever since I found EWR. Rewriting wrestling to how it should have been or how I would have done it reduced the stress caused by the business. Its such a great escape to become immersed in a world you wish you had been in. Something that keeps you thinking about the angles/matches/storylines as you lay in bed falling asleep or at work doing something you absolutely hate.

This same reason is why I'm frustrated. The changes that everyone loves i truly believe could have been coded within 2016. Unless the organization of the code wasn't that great...

But nonetheless, I'm upset with change just for the sake of change.

There are features that nobody asked for. Menus that nobody likes. Buttons and clicks that don't make sense.

I just think how easy could it have been to improve the autobooker from 2016? Make the development territory playable? Improve the gimmick system. Be able to talk to workers. Everything that people seem to love... put it in 2016 and youd have the most mind blowing text sim wrestling game ever that was USER Friendly.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="RatedRKO16" data-cite="RatedRKO16" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47578" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>This is me as well. Ever since I found EWR. Rewriting wrestling to how it should have been or how I would have done it reduced the stress caused by the business. Its such a great escape to become immersed in a world you wish you had been in. Something that keeps you thinking about the angles/matches/storylines as you lay in bed falling asleep or at work doing something you absolutely hate.<p> </p><p> This same reason is why I'm frustrated. The changes that everyone loves i truly believe could have been coded within 2016. Unless the organization of the code wasn't that great...</p><p> </p><p> But nonetheless, I'm upset with change just for the sake of change.</p><p> </p><p> There are features that nobody asked for. Menus that nobody likes. Buttons and clicks that don't make sense. </p><p> </p><p> I just think how easy could it have been to improve the autobooker from 2016? Make the development territory playable? Improve the gimmick system. Be able to talk to workers. Everything that people seem to love... put it in 2016 and youd have the most mind blowing text sim wrestling game ever that was USER Friendly.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I am in the same boat with both you and nerodragomir. I was unemployed for a few months last year and when I wasn't job hunting I was playing TEW for <em>hours</em> a day. It was a nice distraction from the real world, which is what I want TEW2020 to be, especially right now. </p><p> </p><p> I look forward to what the finished product will look like.</p>

The "Major Star" tab on my game is glitched where it shows everyone. Also sometimes the wrestler will apear on the show not in their alter ego. The lack of customization with product certainly is sad to see. However there is much good new additions that I'm okay with it.

The "Major Star" tab on my game is glitched where it shows everyone. Also sometimes the wrestler will apear on the show not in their alter ego. The lack of customization with product certainly is sad to see. However there is much good new additions that I'm okay with it.

The "Major Star" glitch is fixed in patch 7.

The best way is to post in the suggestion section further down the main forum page. If you have suggestions, write them out and Adam will take a look and see if it is something he can do. Historically he has done his best to update and include things he is able to through patches, while saving things he can't do for the next game.

Could you link me to that, please? I can't find something like that anywhere.

So i left work & didn't look at the website anymore. Am I in the wrong for thinking that disagreement between Gendai & the other guy was because of my whiteboard (first world problem) complaint?

Or was it more of just two people with different opinions just kind of clashing?

I'm going to assume it had nothing to do with me. Just saw my issue being brought up some thought those threads.

I won't back peddle on wanting that removed. Even if it's never removed. Still going to stick in my craw. A big whiteboard taking up 50% of the screen is just silly to me.

Also won't stop bringing up the fact the game was going to release without a refinement search option for angles. That part is WILD to me.

I'm not even sure if that's going to be added in a future update yet.

I've heard & seen nothing other than some vague line like "things are being considered" even then, I don't remember where I saw that comment & have no clue what the context is regarding.

So i left work & didn't look at the website anymore. Am I in the wrong for thinking that disagreement between Gendai & the other guy was because of my whiteboard (first world problem) complaint?

If the "other guy" is me, then nope, it had nothing to do with you. And Genadi and I have sorted it all out by PM, no dramas here, just a bit of a misunderstanding.

We cool.

If the "other guy" is me, then nope, it had nothing to do with you. And Genadi and I have sorted it all out by PM, no dramas here, just a bit of a misunderstanding.

We cool.

Good! :D :D

The enemy here is TEW2020. Not each other!

Joking! joking!

Games coming along great with the patches. I'm sure more will be addressed as we move along. Hopefully the angle screen will be addressed soon enough.

Good! :D :D

The enemy here is TEW2020. Not each other!

Joking! joking!

Games coming along great with the patches. I'm sure more will be addressed as we move along. Hopefully the angle screen will be addressed soon enough.

Yeah, game's coming along REALLY well, I'm quite happy with how it's shaping up. These are the major issues I'd like fixed before release (although as has been pointed out already, I would be willing to pay now and have these issues be sorted soon):

1. Moving segments up and down with the arrows is frustrating.

2. Storyline History only shows first five or so segments in the storyline, at the very least should be the latest ones, it's REALLY hard to track what you last booked for a storyline in its current format. Ideally there'd be a scrollbar so you can see all of the segments for the storyline, which brings me to my next point...

3. Scrollbars do not work like normal scrollbars should! Instead of incrementing up or down a page when you click the bar itself (not the arrows), it only increments one entry, like if you clicked the arrow. Makes scrolling very long lists extremely frustrating.

4. The autobooker in its current form is almost unusable as it doesn't take product segment lengths into account at all.

5. A way to edit the default angles like you can edit a freestyle angle. The system of having to copy existing angles and then modify them is tedious. If there were just drop-downs for everything like freestyle angles have, this process would be amazing.

6. View worker on the angle booking screen, although this point doesn't bother me as much as it used to seeing as the roster screen is right there. Still, it's an extra click.

I think that's it for me. If all these things were implemented I'd be a very happy pig. Obviously there's also the product thing, but that doesn't really affect my play (although I acknowledge it may impact the availability of mods, thus indirectly impacting my play).

Yeah, game's coming along REALLY well, I'm quite happy with how it's shaping up. These are the major issues I'd like fixed before release (although as has been pointed out already, I would be willing to pay now and have these issues be sorted soon):

2. Storyline History only shows first five or so segments in the storyline, at the very least should be the latest ones, it's REALLY hard to track what you last booked for a storyline in its current format. Ideally there'd be a scrollbar so you can see all of the segments for the storyline, which brings me to my next point...

3. Scrollbars do not work like normal scrollbars should! Instead of incrementing up or down a page when you click the bar itself (not the arrows), it only increments one entry, like if you clicked the arrow. Makes scrolling very long lists extremely frustrating.

4. The autobooker in its current form is almost unusable as it doesn't take product segment lengths into account at all.

5. A way to edit the default angles like you can edit a freestyle angle. The system of having to copy existing angles and then modify them is tedious. If there were just drop-downs for everything like freestyle angles have, this process would be amazing.

6. View worker on the angle booking screen, although this point doesn't bother me as much as it used to seeing as the roster screen is right there. Still, it's an extra click.

I think that's it for me. If all these things were implemented I'd be a very happy pig. Obviously there's also the product thing, but that doesn't really affect my play (although I acknowledge it may impact the availability of mods, thus indirectly impacting my play).

Yea it should work pretty much exactly like the get inspiration button on the gimmick screen. . you can click it and select it so that it populates the fields, but still make adjustments to everything once it's chosen rather than being locked into length's, rated on, and what not. .

THERE YA GO! I'm sure you're well aware, but there is nothing wrong with saying what you want addressed even if it's already been mentioned 20 times. Plus they are all relatively easy to correct issues as well! I share many of these issues that you have.

I'm also right there with you in terms of saying I'd pay for the game as it is right now. I absolutely validate people who aren't willing to spend their hard earned money on a game they feel isn't up to snuff though.

My mindset on the issue of the product is this; The people mentioning their displeasure on a repeated basis is a sign of it being a serious issue. I cant say if it's a vocal minority (but aren't we all essentially a vocal minority playing a very niche wrestling sim?) Or is it a bunch of people being unhappy about a change?

If everyone only mentioned it once, wouldn't that be less noticeable than people who keep mentioning it because it's a huge point for them? For me personally, it doesn't really bother me. That doesn't mean their complaints aren't 100% valid though.

I in no way want to make anything but a point here, & would never facilitate special treatment. But Gendai is a cornerstone in TEW. Dude has been apart of some of the most important mods in the games history! If he's saying something like this is a big deal. I'm inclined to listen & make deep considerations. I'm sure Adam is considering his options. I'm positive he's working really hard to fix the patches & everything else.

I'll say again I support the idea of pushing the game back for some time if it meant Adam could address the serious issues, without needing to overwork himself.

I don't want any issues & I'm not trying to say anything other than everyone has a point & reason for why they care. Even if they repeat it at nauseam in some people's minds. It matter to them & they want to feel heard. As I've said in a few pages ago. TEW means a lot to me. It means a lot to a lot of the people here. As weird as that sounds. Tensions are running a bit high with how the world is, & sometimes we all can say things we wish we could take back after posting it.

This is me as well. Ever since I found EWR. Rewriting wrestling to how it should have been or how I would have done it reduced the stress caused by the business. Its such a great escape to become immersed in a world you wish you had been in. Something that keeps you thinking about the angles/matches/storylines as you lay in bed falling asleep or at work doing something you absolutely hate.

This same reason is why I'm frustrated. The changes that everyone loves i truly believe could have been coded within 2016. Unless the organization of the code wasn't that great...

But nonetheless, I'm upset with change just for the sake of change.

There are features that nobody asked for. Menus that nobody likes. Buttons and clicks that don't make sense.

I just think how easy could it have been to improve the autobooker from 2016? Make the development territory playable? Improve the gimmick system. Be able to talk to workers. Everything that people seem to love... put it in 2016 and youd have the most mind blowing text sim wrestling game ever that was USER Friendly.

You and me both brother! My issues mainly revolve around things that appear as "change for the sake of change." I have like zero issues with any of the new additions. I love practically everything that was newly added.

Would I expand on a few new things? Heck yeah! I would love if the tournament screen was treated more like a regular booking screen.

I'd love if you could loan your actual titles to other companies. Even if it's only user controlled companies. My dream is to be able to defend the ROH or AEW championship at Wrestlekingdom! Or have Okada show up on AEW TV with the heavyweight title & defend it on their TV.

Or even have the triple crown defended on a NOAH show!

I wish there was more depth added to stuff like that.

But I'm not going to actively complain about it because how it is, is a perfectly fine feature. If we get a TEW2024, Let's hope that gets added in!

My issues revolve around the changes, however I feel I have said enough in terms of my issues I've already stated so I won't be bringing them up again unless I feel it actually fits what the topic is. Doesn't mean I won't find new things to complain about though!

So, playing around with Quick Fill today and... I'm less than enthused. This had been touted as "Yes, women's wrestling might be a bit lacking, but Quick Fill can fix that."

So, I thought, "Hey, let's make a women's company in Mexico." So, I hit the Quick fill to make 20 women wrestlers for Mexico.

"Only 13 of 20 workers could be created due to lack of names."

Really? That's....

So, playing around with Quick Fill today and... I'm less than enthused. This had been touted as "Yes, women's wrestling might be a bit lacking, but Quick Fill can fix that."

So, I thought, "Hey, let's make a women's company in Mexico." So, I hit the Quick fill to make 20 women wrestlers for Mexico.

"Only 13 of 20 workers could be created due to lack of names."

Really? That's....

I just tried this out and it says lack of names and pictures, if you get rid of the picture requirement you can create more. It has to do with not enough free pictures being available.

Is there just no monthly skill progression page anymore? I see that there is a progression list but it just isn't the same without the schedule filled with + and - symbols. Ahhhh, I guess I'll get used to it.

You can click on the skills individually to see their progression, but there's no overview with all of them like there was in 2016.

It's an odd omission, given there's a monthly overness progression screen.

<p>Finally played through two months and I've found something that I absolutely hate. </p><p> </p><p>

When somebody signs an exclusive contract to join another company it doesn't say that [X] joins [Y] in the news feed, it says that they've left their old company. For mine this is a terrible change. If you tell me Harley Race joins the WWF I know exactly what has happened, if you tell me he's left JCP then I can't find out why until I click. Maybe he was fired, maybe his contract expired, or maybe he was poached and I don't know who by until I click again.</p><p> </p><p>

It's another example of needless extra clicks. If you just told me that he's signed an exclusive contract with the company then I know exactly what happened without clicking again.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Supermercado" data-cite="Supermercado" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47578" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Finally played through two months and I've found something that I absolutely hate. <p> </p><p> When somebody signs an exclusive contract to join another company it doesn't say that [X] joins [Y] in the news feed, it says that they've left their old company. For mine this is a terrible change. If you tell me Harley Race joins the WWF I know exactly what has happened, if you tell me he's left JCP then I can't find out why until I click. Maybe he was fired, maybe his contract expired, or maybe he was poached and I don't know who by until I click again.</p><p> </p><p> It's another example of needless extra clicks. If you just told me that he's signed an exclusive contract with the company then I know exactly what happened without clicking again.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I really think something has to be done with the contracts. </p><p> I don't understand to sign a written contract with an exclusivity clause if anyone can go over it!</p><p> </p><p> I tested a real world mod, and I got Moxley to sign with WWE because I did not notice the difference between "Written" and "Exclusive Written". </p><p> </p><p> Also, in some sports, if a company decides to bid above your worker's contract, they have to pay you the contact's value in exchange. </p><p> </p><p> If someone can give the link to developer's journal where the contracts are explained, I will appreciate it. </p><p> However, I really need someone to explain me what is the point to sign someone with a written deal if the worker can work anywhere on a handshake deal. </p><p> </p><p> Thanks</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="French Connection" data-cite="French Connection" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47578" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I really think something has to be done with the contracts. <p> I don't understand to sign a written contract with an exclusivity clause if anyone can go over it!</p><p> </p><p> I tested a real world mod, and I got Moxley to sign with WWE because I did not notice the difference between "Written" and "Exclusive Written". </p><p> </p><p> Also, in some sports, if a company decides to bid above your worker's contract, they have to pay you the contact's value in exchange. </p><p> </p><p> If someone can give the link to developer's journal where the contracts are explained, I will appreciate it. </p><p> However, I really need someone to explain me what is the point to sign someone with a written deal if the worker can work anywhere on a handshake deal. </p><p> </p><p> Thanks</p></div></blockquote><p> <a href="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2337657#post2337657" rel="external nofollow">http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2337657#post2337657</a></p>