Public Beta Reaction Thread

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hooray for wheel scrolling! I'd still like popularity and skills to be scrollable, but the UI looks so much better in general via those screenshots. And I've been slowly getting into building a roster, and this is so much more in-depth. Hiring 41-year old Jerry Lynn in 2005 has never been more enticing.

The angle screen still isn't good enough, sorry to say. I still have to go to view roster & look for the person I want in order to look at their stats. It needs a view wrestler button next to the person we have in the angle. Plus it still doesn't let us look for announcers & whatnot.

I hope you can add in a "view wrestler" button so I can see what they can do.

I'll live without the refining option for finding commentators & whatnot I suppose.

Agreed! I have to just make an angle guessing on what my workers are good at. I then go to my roster screen and double check and then have to go back to the booking page to change what is needed. Seems like a button on the side of their name would save valuable time and effort.

I just got a run-time error crash (I've reported it in tech support dw), but its for something as simple as rejecting a developmental deal from TCW and its once again just one of those "how did this get through any amount of play testing" problems

This was said to be fixed in a previous patch

I mean, I guess it wasn't? Because I cant be playing on an earlier patch since TCW only get their graduates in March and the only way I could play in March is being on the current patch. So yknow something's gone wrong there

That Office screen and the general theme now is absolutely superb, well done and thank you to Adam and the UI chap (sorry I forgot his name) for such an impressive turnaround. The game UI has now gone from a third party skin being mandatory to being the nicest looking TEW to date.

My tiny issue would be the pale blue and pale green skill grades are far too similar to each other. I see no place at all for pale/subtle colours here tbh. Each colour bracket should be bold to stand out for their own reason.

The extra month on the trial was also unexpected but hugely appreciated, I can really lay the foundations into a proper playthrough now knowing that release is just around the corner I feel like I can actually commit to it.

Overall colour me impressed.

I just got a run-time error crash (I've reported it in tech support dw), but its for something as simple as rejecting a developmental deal from TCW and its once again just one of those "how did this get through any amount of play testing" problems

I mean, I guess it wasn't? Because I cant be playing on an earlier patch since TCW only get their graduates in March and the only way I could play in March is being on the current patch. So yknow something's gone wrong there

If you didn't restart from an earlier patch that had that problem, it could still be in your game file. Starting over should correct it (if that's the problem).

IF that's not the problem, put it in the technical support area.

I honestly don't like blaming any testers over any of this. That just feels like a "I would do so much better if I was a tester" post, which could be a fact, but it could be 100% inaccurate. All glitch's don't happen every time, and you don't know exactly what caused any of them in the first place.

Example: A crash can happen just because one worker (bit of information) has a problem. You could have selected 1000 others that the crash didn't happen with. On another problem, it might be just one combination out of thousands that caused it. A crash from a contract signing might be because a specific AI promotion and you talked to the worker at this exact day of the week, or because you offered a specific "clause" or time period, or any number of literally thousands of options... but that one option is the one that caused it.

I'm not saying that is exactly what happened, I'm just saying these are examples of how it can get missed by a handful of people, and how it ends up getting caught when a multitude of the original testers are now test/playing it. I know some things look more obvious like the UI and such, but some of that comes down to personal taste, and the test team might have been full of people like this thread was, saying it was all good. I don't know. But I'm just saying that I don't know, that means no one else knows unless they were part of the team. Speculating the most pessimistic of answers is always the most unhealthy way to address any unfavorable situation, as it's already a situation. It's not unlike throwing gas on a fire to try to put it out.

Just want to give a big thanks to Adam, and whomever is in charge of updating the UI. I will certainly be buying this game day 1, even if the new season of Apex is starting on Tuesday and I probably won't play anything else for a couple weeks lol.

So far I'm really enjoying the game but finding it much more challenging. In my company that I am strictly auto booking for the hell of it, I have yet to run a show that my broadcasters were happy with.

I will see if there is a difference when I book my first show for my TNA 2004 dynasty next week.

Just want to give a big thanks to Adam, and whomever is in charge of updating the UI. I will certainly be buying this game day 1, even if the new season of Apex is starting on Tuesday and I probably won't play anything else for a couple weeks lol.

I agree. the new layout is so much cleaner. Props to Adam and team for taking the feedback to heart. The new additions are amazing and the engine is even tighter than past releases, which is saying something. Looking forward to buying this and getting 100's of hours out of it.

Well done Adam

Hey Adam, since the new UI is inspired by a mock-up I posted in my skin thread, I get a free copy of TEW 2020, right? :p

In all seriousness, though, it looks great. I know Josh has worked hard on it. Can't wait to play using it.