TEW 2020 Small Questions Thread

Yet he's considered a major star by the fans...

I'm just curious what the actual mechanic is that's preventing him from growing

His momentum is the deciding factor in why he's considered a major star even though his popularity is capped. As for why it's capped it would pretty much have to be a bad destiny roll as with the way popularity caps are set now it's the only thing that would be limiting his growth. . At least that's the conclusion I gather from the handbook pop caps section. .

20 Minutes too long for a match in "Attitude Entertainment" at an Event? I'm not exactly how I can change my product, because this aint right.

Try "Classic Sports Entertainment". You can still book short matches around 6 to 10 minutes that will hardly ever incur much of a penalty but you won't get pinged on that 20 minute Main Event or PPV match.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="chaotikone" data-cite="chaotikone" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Newbie question here,<p> </p><p> Is there a way to exit the booking screen once we've advanced? I'm playing an MAW game and kinda goofed for the Sam Keith Classic, forgot to bring in some external tag teams for the event. Was hoping I could go back and do that day of.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You have to go out of the game and restore your save -- that will take you back to the Monday of the week, but there isn't a way to go back a day without doing that.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="DiamondDallas" data-cite="DiamondDallas" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>When do you know it's the best time to end a Storyline?</div></blockquote><p> Whenever you feel it’s appropriate. There’s no “best time” anymore.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Team Kawada" data-cite="Team Kawada" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Hi, I'm playing as BHOTWG and they are not required to run storylines. Will having a worker win a storyline still give him more momentum, or will it not have any effect? <p> </p><p> Thanks!</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> There's no such thing as "winning" a storyline as I understand it. The success is just there for the player's reference.</p><p> </p><p> Of course, if they win a bunch of matches as part of the storyline, they will tend to gain momentum - but that has nothing to do with the storyline itself.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Donners" data-cite="Donners" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>There's no such thing as "winning" a storyline as I understand it. The success is just there for the player's reference.<p> </p><p> Of course, if they win a bunch of matches as part of the storyline, they will tend to gain momentum - but that has nothing to do with the storyline itself.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thanks for the reply. I was under the impression that a wrestler with a lot of success get a momentum boost when you end a hot storyline. Is that not the case?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Team Kawada" data-cite="Team Kawada" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Thanks for the reply. I was under the impression that a wrestler with a lot of success get a momentum boost when you end a hot storyline. Is that not the case?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It's not. It took me ages to find it in the handbook (it's buried under Product):</p><p> </p><p> "Each worker also has a success level; this is how they are doing in kayfabe terms. This is just for the player's benefit to understand who is doing well, and has no other impact on the game."</p><p> </p><p> There's no benefit from ending a storyline at all. All storylines do is meet your product requirements and boost weaker angles if they got a lower rating than the storyline heat.</p><p> </p><p> The first thing I do is turn them off, as they're more effort than they're worth!</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Team Kawada" data-cite="Team Kawada" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Thanks for the reply. I was under the impression that a wrestler with a lot of success get a momentum boost when you end a hot storyline. Is that not the case?</div></blockquote><p> Yeah, that hasn’t been a thing for a few games now. It was taken out for either 2016 or even 2013.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Team Kawada" data-cite="Team Kawada" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>That's nice to know, thanks! I have another question on perception. Can (in theory) all wrestlers in a company be Major stars, or is this based on an internal grading (i.e. only X% can be Major stars, only Y% can be stars, etc)?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> May be wrong, but I think in theory yes, if everyone's momentum is good and their pop is good compared to the company, but I doubt you would see everyone in a company be major stars</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="qualia" data-cite="qualia" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>How do you meddle with a workers relationship, can't seem to find out how. Thanks</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You need to be at a show. If you're booking a show, it's in the main screen under Locker Room Controls.</p>

<p>Is there a way to set broadcasters to show events by default, or do I have to select the broadcaster before I begin booking every event.</p><p> </p><p>

For clarification, I'm running weekly events, intending to air them on WrestleWorld. Instead of having it where all my events default to airing on WrestleWorld, I have to select it on the first screen it puts you on when you go to book a show. Not a huge deal, but would be a bit less tedious to not have to select it every time.</p>

<p>Really stupid question. Are there not big pictures of the workers like in WMMA 5? I kind of hoped to get a better idea of the characters by seeing their whole physique in the new version of TEW. Am I missing something here or is it just not included?</p><p> </p><p>

I just started the demo...</p>

So, I'm playing WCW 91, and I've got Dick the Bruiser as a road agent with no other roles.

He's irritated at being left off of TV.

What do?

Two things i can think of...is he an active wrestler? If so he may not be happy with the road agent role.

Secondly, make sure he's being used. The road agent rotation is off thus far. I now pick my road agents for each match cause if I didn't i would notice that for a promotion with 3 road agents, i had 2 out of three shows where it gave a working that one of my road agents was being overused, out of 9 matches she was book to agent 6 of them, road agent two was booked for 2 and my other road agent (actually my best) only one. It seems to pick the first one by alphabetical order most of the time.

Two things i can think of...is he an active wrestler? If so he may not be happy with the road agent role.

Secondly, make sure he's being used. The road agent rotation is off thus far. I now pick my road agents for each match cause if I didn't i would notice that for a promotion with 3 road agents, i had 2 out of three shows where it gave a working that one of my road agents was being overused, out of 9 matches she was book to agent 6 of them, road agent two was booked for 2 and my other road agent (actually my best) only one. It seems to pick the first one by alphabetical order most of the time.

He's a retired wrestler and his only role is road agent. However, I wasn't aware that the RA rotation was off, so that's probably what's what. Fanks.

No prob. :)

Question, I'm working on a database for my game and want to keep it somewhat in the confines of the games rules, so I was wonder...is there a minimum size that someone will sign a written deal? Does it vary by type? Will they sign a written non exclusive deal for a smaller company than a written exclusive deal?